[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Party Time

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362
edited December 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Introduction

Just in time for the party comes the Now-Crowd Billboards - Party Time!  Whether it is for New Years Eve, out dancing at the night club, or at a more intimate party in the home, the Now-Crowd Billboards - Party Time is ready to make your occasion a real party with a large crowd quickly and easily!  And it's not just for parties, many of the billboards can be used for any modern crowd or store scene!

It can be lonely being a Daz Figure.  With too many friends in the same scene, you can bring Daz to a screeching halt without some serious computer hardware!  So often, the lonely Daz Figure will be in scenes with only 2, 3, or maybe 4 other figures!  Billboards are a fantastically quick and resource easy way to add background crowds to your scenes.  These pre-rendered elements are great to play the background characters in your scene.  The Now-Crowd Billboards improves on standard billboards by providing 72 different views for every billboard figure.  Change a billboard figure to 12 different horizontal angles and 6 different vertical angles.  When your camera moves, the Now-Crowd Billboards can be changed to match!* 

And with this product coming from RiverSoft Art, you know that there will be great scripts to make these billboards easy to use!  There is one script to turn the billboards to face the camera and another script to change billboard figure angle based on horizontal and vertical orientation.

For Iray and 3Delight

No other products are needed to use the Now-Crowd Billboards - Party Time.  

Features

• 25 Figure Billboard Sequences:
    • Couple Arguing
    • Couple Dancing
    • Couple Embracing
    • Couple Kissing
    • Couple Slow Dancing
    • Couple Staring 
    • Couple Talking
    • Friends Laughing
    • Goth Woman Dancing
    • Man Dancing 01
    • Man Dancing 02
    • Man Drinking
    • Man Drinking Wine
    • Man Primping
    • Man Standing
    • Men Talking
    • Woman Celebrating
    • Woman Dancing
    • Woman Offering Drink
    • Woman Surprised
    • Woman Texting
    • Woman Tipsy
    • Woman Yelling
    • Women Talking
  • Scripts Include:
    • Now-Crowd Orient Billboard Script - Change billboards to face camera
    • Now-Crowd Change Billboard Angle Script - Change billboards to use different figure angle
    Textures Include:
    • 72 Texture and Transparency Maps (2048 x 2048) per single Figure Billboard
    • 72 Texture and Transparency Maps (3072 x 3072) per single Multi-Figure Billboard

* Note that shadows are a weakness for billboards from high up angles (where you can see the shadows clearly). With careful attention to lighting and positioning, you can minimize the issue. Compatible with the https://www.daz3d.com/billboard-nodes-plugin though it is not needed for the Now-Crowd Billboards product.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Looks better than your last crowd,  Good!

• colinmac2 said:

Looks better than your last crowd,  Good!

I am unsure what you mean.  If you mean the Insta-Crowd product, that was by SimonWM

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Have you considered doing an add on that has people dressed in medieval clothing?  I rarely do modern renders unless its sci fi. 

• Have you considered doing an add on that has people dressed in medieval clothing?  I rarely do modern renders unless its sci fi. 

It depends on if this product does well.  Though it wouldn't be an add on; every product is separate that shares the scripts.  If it does well, I actually had plans for a medieval/fantasy city life as well as a modern city life, and a bunch of other ones.  Or are you more interested in a "at court" people product?

• This is def a must have!

Before Christmas?

• This is def a must have!

Before Christmas?

I love to hear that!  smiley  I hope so but it is up to Daz.  It has passed testing though.

• It has passed testing though.

That's half the battle won lol.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Holy crap, you rendered each figure in 72 different angles? Ihat is some serious work! I was wondering why popup 4 looked like a 3d figure even though you were looking at a plave from overhead, impressive.

I don't really like the whole billboard idea as I was doing that in game design years ago and shadows are usually an issue, but this look pretty good. I don't really have a need for party goers, but some of these can be used in normal situations, so it could be useful.

• Holy crap, you rendered each figure in 72 different angles? Ihat is some serious work! I was wondering why popup 4 looked like a 3d figure even though you were looking at a plave from overhead, impressive.

I don't really like the whole billboard idea as I was doing that in game design years ago and shadows are usually an issue, but this look pretty good. I don't really have a need for party goers, but some of these can be used in normal situations, so it could be useful.

Yeah!  It took awhile.  It is the first product where the promos are a breeze (all the work is done in rendering the billboards!) 

I agree with you; billboards have very specific uses.  As background figures, they are amazing as they are so ridiculously light on resources.  I loaded up those scenes and it was a negligible difference in rendering time from rendering the environment without figures.  It was also a ton of work and required a lot of different products to create all of these unique characters with realistic poses.  If you have to do that yourself, you will be spending the weekend doing that alone and can't concentrate on the "real" action.

• I'm planning on using this on a street level, e.g. standing outside a cinema or something passing the time.

• I'm planning on using this on a street level, e.g. standing outside a cinema or something passing the time.

It will work very nicely for you; at least the figures that aren't drinking or dancing... unless of course this is for a block party cheeky

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I own the other billboard product and use it often. But no other billboards were released. I think what I’ve found is I want characters to look rather average for background figures. Nothing too distracting like super big figures or brightish colors. It makes them blend better into the crowd

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362
    edited December 2017

I own the other billboard product and use it often. But no other billboards were released. I think what I’ve found is I want characters to look rather average for background figures. Nothing too distracting like super big figures or brightish colors. It makes them blend better into the crowd

Hmmm, some of the characters are average but a lot are not.  I liked to tell a story for all the billboard figures.  I really thought that you would use lighting, composition, and depth of field to control what is interesting in your scene.  Hopefully it is what you are looking for.  

• The Change Angle script is really neat!

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Have you considered doing an add on that has people dressed in medieval clothing?  I rarely do modern renders unless its sci fi. 

It depends on if this product does well.  Though it wouldn't be an add on; every product is separate that shares the scripts.  If it does well, I actually had plans for a medieval/fantasy city life as well as a modern city life, and a bunch of other ones.  Or are you more interested in a "at court" people product?

I very much hope it does well then as all my work is fantasy-based. I could really use some mobs of peasants, knights, demi-humans, fancy ladies, etc.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Good idea; excellent execution! I appreciate this because the clothing/hair you used on the figures was not---for the most part---the typical Daz clothing that is immediately recognizable as such (that black/red striped sweater, though). I definitely have a use for this and a modern city life IF you use clothes, hairs, and characters that are not the main ones from pro bundles or popular PC+ items. Probably use lots of clothing shaders on the next version.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Looks fantastic! Well done, and I like the change script (though assume I'll have to use the 4.10 Workaround again, is that correct?)

Now, all we need is a script that will allow us to render a person from 72 angles (maybe a camera ride), with matching opacity map, that will pluck in the maps into the right slots, and save them as preset... Yeah, one can dream. wink

• The Change Angle script is really neat!

Thanks Agent!  I find it a HUGE timesaver as I don't have to bring up the surfaces pane, select the Diffuse Color channel, click Browse, find the billboard file, do the same thing for the Opacity Channel, don't like the angle... and repeat ad nauseum smiley

• maraich said:

I very much hope it does well then as all my work is fantasy-based. I could really use some mobs of peasants, knights, demi-humans, fancy ladies, etc.

Thanks.  I could use the mobs of peasants too.  The real trick with that will be finding the clothing choices for the peasants.  For some reason, the PAs don't seem to concentrate on the peasantry as much as the fancy ladies! smiley

• xyer0 said:

Good idea; excellent execution! I appreciate this because the clothing/hair you used on the figures was not---for the most part---the typical Daz clothing that is immediately recognizable as such (that black/red striped sweater, though). I definitely have a use for this and a modern city life IF you use clothes, hairs, and characters that are not the main ones from pro bundles or popular PC+ items. Probably use lots of clothing shaders on the next version.

Thanks.  I tried though with something like this you really stretch the limits of your library ("ANOTHER barbarella elf strapless peep shirt?!?!?  What was I thinking?!?! Where the !#$@ is a simple button-down shirt?!?" smiley)  You will definitely recognize some characters but hopefully not too often.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362
    edited December 2017
    BeeMKay said:

Looks fantastic! Well done, and I like the change script (though assume I'll have to use the 4.10 Workaround again, is that correct?)

Now, all we need is a script that will allow us to render a person from 72 angles (maybe a camera ride), with matching opacity map, that will pluck in the maps into the right slots, and save them as preset... Yeah, one can dream. wink

Thank you very much.  Unfortunately, you will have to use the workaround again; the scripts are for 4.9.3.166 and up.  If you do make that script, you can use the Change Angle script; the script looks for the same BASENAME (in the same directory) with horizontal angle, vertical angle to give you your choices, e.g., "Man Standing 120 0.png" "Man Standing 90 0.png"  If I had been a real masochist and wanted to fill up everyone's harddrive, I could have created billboard renders for all 360 degrees x 90 degrees (over 32000 files!) smiley  The Change Angle script doesn't care; it will use what you have as long as the files are named like the above.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I can see this being very useful, especially if you release more versions like Shopping Mall, Public Park, Medieval Tournament, SciFi Spaceport, and so on.

Will the script work with our own billboards, if we are desperate enough to create a set of our own?

• L'Adair said:

I can see this being very useful, especially if you release more versions like Shopping Mall, Public Park, Medieval Tournament, SciFi Spaceport, and so on.

Will the script work with our own billboards, if we are desperate enough to create a set of our own?

Holy cow you just gave me a lot more work!  smiley The script will work with your own billboards (see my reply to BeeMKay).  The billboards themselves are just planes created with the z-axis as the primary axis.

BTW, I LOL'ed at your squirrel comment in the other thread smiley

• Seeing the amount of work it must have taken to do all of those multiple-angle renders, and knowing your expertise, I was wondering--did you make a script to automate the camera setup and batch-rendering? Because that may be a really interesting product for the people who do videogame sprites. Actually, with the addition of a tool to batch-render a series of frames from multiple angles (maybe with a light correction option so that the global illumination of the sprite sheet remains consistent) it may be the tool for any 2D game-creator using Studio. Just a thought, but I would snatch that up in a heartbeat.

• Uthgard said:

Seeing the amount of work it must have taken to do all of those multiple-angle renders, and knowing your expertise, I was wondering--did you make a script to automate the camera setup and batch-rendering? Because that may be a really interesting product for the people who do videogame sprites. Actually, with the addition of a tool to batch-render a series of frames from multiple angles (maybe with a light correction option so that the global illumination of the sprite sheet remains consistent) it may be the tool for any 2D game-creator using Studio. Just a thought, but I would snatch that up in a heartbeat.

I wrote a script that gets me half the way there (otherwise, I would have gone insane smiley), but it is very rough and I have no plans to sell it at this time.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

At court, a ball, maybe a tavern and market place....

• Have you considered doing an add on that has people dressed in medieval clothing?  I rarely do modern renders unless its sci fi. 

At court, a ball, maybe a tavern and market place....

Yikes!  That is a lot of places! smiley  

• Uthgard said:

Seeing the amount of work it must have taken to do all of those multiple-angle renders, and knowing your expertise, I was wondering--did you make a script to automate the camera setup and batch-rendering? Because that may be a really interesting product for the people who do videogame sprites. Actually, with the addition of a tool to batch-render a series of frames from multiple angles (maybe with a light correction option so that the global illumination of the sprite sheet remains consistent) it may be the tool for any 2D game-creator using Studio. Just a thought, but I would snatch that up in a heartbeat.

I wrote a script that gets me half the way there (otherwise, I would have gone insane smiley), but it is very rough and I have no plans to sell it at this time.

Pity, but thanks for your answer. Guess I will have to do those sprites the old-fashioned way, when I finally get around to it (procrastination is such sweet sorrow).

• Uthgard said:
    Uthgard said:

Pity, but thanks for your answer. Guess I will have to do those sprites the old-fashioned way, when I finally get around to it (procrastination is such sweet sorrow).

You can do this very easy by animating a camera and doing render to image series.

• I can imagine what can be done with a skeleton army of the daed !!! this looks great !!!