[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Party Time

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 2017
    Ivy said:

well I'm back  I got 5 pack of 20 mb thumb drives at staples for $30. I'm dowloading the set now. I figured I'll  load these big sets on a flash drive  that way I can just plugin the thumb drive as I need them with out having to have another HHD drive to manage.I actually have a couple more products I'm going to do like this as well.  , I already have 4 -2 Tb active content drives and 1 - 1TB work folder drive, not to mention the other 2-  4TB storage drives. I really don't 't want any more HHD drives to manage. I thinking  my next move will to buy a 100TB  Server at this pace of filling hard drive space up..lol

I'll let you all know how the thumb drive thingy works once I get everything downloaded and installed  :)

I assume you meant 5 pack of 20GB?  Good luck.  Please do let us know how it works out, and what you think of the product! smiley

yes thanks for the corrections.. it was a scandisk 5 pak of 20 gig flash drives, once I get it all installed I'll post some render :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • You mention in the promo it's compatable with the other billboard product, the chief usefullness is you can rotate all the billboards to face the camera at the same time.  I've created a number of my own billboards to work with that.  What you seem to be adding is a way to use rotating figures, that is a script that will pick out the right version of the billboard based on a naming convention.  That would be useful since the earlier version only works with a camera x-rotation pretty close to 0 (looking straight at the scene from ground level).

For scenes where the elevation angle of the camera changes, do all the billboards in the scene change at the same time by the script, or do you have to do that for each one individually? (I'm getting it either way, I was just curious)

Yes, you understand.  The change angle script will change all selected billboards at the same time.

edited December 2017

Okay I got everything downloaded.lol  it took me about 41/2 hours  to get all 12 gigs 15 zip files of content downloaded

I am a little confused though to why I have 12.1 gigs in the download folder . But everything installed on the drive is 11.9 gigs  I wonder what happen to the other 300 MB so difference? ...lol

I have tested it and it does load and work including the script.  Now its time to put something together and render with it  :)

Capture.2.JPG
    1217 x 733 - 85K
    Capture.JPG
    1029 x 732 - 120K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Okay I got everything downloaded.lol  it took me about 41/2 hours  to get all 12 gigs 15 zip files of content downloaded

I am a little confused though to why I have 12.1 gigs in the download folder . But everything installed on the drive is 11.9 gigs  I wonder what happen to the other 300 MB so difference? ...lol

I have tested it and it does load and work including the script.  Now its time to put something together and render with it  :)

Great!  That is good to know.

edited December 2017

Now that I have had a chance to explore your set and I seen how many PNG texture maps you had, in it  I understand very well why this set was so big. and after playing with it for a hour or so and seeing all the cool things I can do by pushing the sliders around to make the different angles of the props this set is freaking awesome , renders great , not hard on resources.

Congratulations on a very well set up bill board crowd set.  I'm going to get tons of use out it I & loading this huge set to its own thumb drive was a brilliant idea,  now its has its own drive space  to use as I wish without hogging up 12 gigs in my main content drive . so Thank you on that help as well

Here area couple of test renders I put through my animation set up I was able to load these scene in about 30 seconds each with my base set-up of 180 iterations at 1920 x1080

I look forward to seeing some add on to these props.  :)

test 01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 278K
    test 02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 200K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Now that I have had a chance to explore your set and I seen how many PNG texture maps you had, in it  I understand very well why this set was so big. and after playing with it for a hour or so and seeing all the cool things I can do by pushing the sliders around to make the different angles of the props this set is freaking awesome , renders great , not hard on resources.

Congratulations on a very well set up bill board crowd set.  I'm going to get tons of use out it I & loading this to a this huge set to its own thumb drive was a brilliant idea,  now its has its own drive space  to use as I wish without hogging up 12 gigs in my main content drive . so Thank you on that help as well

Here area couple of test renders I put through my animation set up I was able to load these scene in about 30 seconds each with my base set-up of 180 iterations at 1920 x1080

I look forward to seeing some add on to these props.  :)

Oh those look great!  I really like the bus stop picture.

I am really happy you like it smiley

edited December 2017

Welcome to Provence ~ #Gallery

Rendered in 3Delight render engine ~ Click for full view there lot to look at..lol

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Rendered in 3Delight render engine ~ Click for full view there lot to look at..lol

Wow, that IS a lot to look at.  You combined Now-Crowd with Inst-Crowd and have a whole bunch of people!   I am biased but I think the Now-Crowd people look more interesting cheeky​  Looks like a great place to go.  smiley 

• And in the cart.

Cool!  Love to hear it! smiley I am really interested in your impressions when you try it (good and bad)  This is a new category of product for me.  Everyone's feedback will be very important for improving the series going forward.  Thanks.

Personally I think that this is really useful for background figures. I really like the angle script, as that opens up a lot of possibilities.

Criticisms? Not really, but in some sequences e.g. talking, their feet are not level. But again, not really noticeable if used as background figures. The shadows might be the wrong angle, especially when using multiple lights. Not really an issue if used again as background filler.

That all said, I really do like it and I can see myself making use of it quite often. Especially if you are planning on more everyday type of sets. When I first saw this thread, I started working on this scene and could finish it once the product appeared in the store.

Saturday Night At The Movies.png
    1828 x 893 - 3M
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited December 2017

And in the cart.

Cool!  Love to hear it! smiley I am really interested in your impressions when you try it (good and bad)  This is a new category of product for me.  Everyone's feedback will be very important for improving the series going forward.  Thanks.

Personally I think that this is really useful for background figures. I really like the angle script, as that opens up a lot of possibilities.

Criticisms? Not really, but in some sequences e.g. talking, their feet are not level. But again, not really noticeable if used as background figures. The shadows might be the wrong angle, especially when using multiple lights. Not really an issue if used again as background filler.

That all said, I really do like it and I can see myself making use of it quite often. Especially if you are planning on more everyday type of sets. When I first saw this thread, I started working on this scene and could finish it once the product appeared in the store.

Nice pic!  I am really enjoying seeing what people are doing with it.  (the irony is that most pics are non-party scenes smiley)  Thank you for the feedback.  I am encouraged by the responses I am getting (besides the giant download size smiley)

Which sequence does not have the feet on the ground?  I worked hard not to have that.  I will warn people that rotating the billboard can levitate people off the ground because of the new angle.  You may need to use the Y translation to drop the billboard picture back to the ground.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited December 2017

I'll buy it on january, probably. but I would like to see other bundle sets like medieval, victorian/edwardian and generic future space crowds. I think they aren't to niche. 

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • EquisVoid said:

I'll buy it on january, probably. but I would like to see other bundle sets like medieval, victorian/edwardian and generic future space crowds. I think they aren't to niche. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I am working on Medieval right now.  The Future/Space one I may have to wait as I am unsure if I have enough content to do a crowd yet.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited December 2017
    Which sequence does not have the feet on the ground?  I worked hard not to have that.  I will warn people that rotating the billboard can levitate people off the ground because of the new angle.  You may need to use the Y translation to drop the billboard picture back to the ground.

If it sounds like I'm nitpicking, I'm not smiley. Perhaps it's how it is supposed to be. Some examples:

Billboard 1.jpg
    448 x 756 - 46K
    Billboard 2.jpg
    418 x 779 - 49K
    Billboard 3.jpg
    696 x 794 - 96K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Which sequence does not have the feet on the ground?  I worked hard not to have that.  I will warn people that rotating the billboard can levitate people off the ground because of the new angle.  You may need to use the Y translation to drop the billboard picture back to the ground.

If it sounds like I'm nitpicking, I'm not smiley. Perhaps it's how it is supposed to be. Some examples:

I am going to go with that is how it is supposed to be smiley  With a multi-figure billboard, only one foot is going to be exactly on the ground, the rest of the feet are going to look like they are above the ground because of perspective.  However, I believe that they still look like they are grounded when they are integrated into a scene.

Ivy said:

Wow, that IS a lot to look at.  You combined Now-Crowd with Inst-Crowd and have a whole bunch of people!   I am biased but I think the Now-Crowd people look more interesting cheeky​  Looks like a great place to go.  smiley 

Yes your are right I did mix the 2 sets together , I actually have  2 more bill board props i could have added .. but they were beach people and properly would have not look right for this scene. . I wanted to try this set in 3delight  because I already have rendered something with iray.  I did have to adjust the secular setting by darkening to dark gray which removed the shine i ws getting with 3dl .. that I didn;t get with iray.  over all great set. I'm very happy with it lik I said I look forward to see some expansion paks for this set   :)

And in the cart.

thats a awesome render :)

• Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

Yes your are right I did mix the 2 sets together , I actually have  2 more bill board props i could have added .. but they were beach people and properly would have not look right for this scene. . I wanted to try this set in 3delight  because I already have rendered something with iray.  I did have to adjust the secular setting by darkening to dark gray which removed the shine i ws getting with 3dl .. that I didn;t get with iray.  over all great set. I'm very happy with it lik I said I look forward to see some expansion paks for this set   :)

I like how you mixed them together to tell new stories.  The woman chasing after the family....  The guy staring hopefully while the woman inputs her number on his phone... smiley

I am surprised about the shine in 3DL.  The billboards by default have Specular Strength of 0 and Specular Color of 153 153 153.  I don't get the shine in 3DL or Iray.  What did you have to change it to?

edited December 2017

I used a UE2 light dome and ue lights. which gave both bill board set a gloss or shine to them  making the bill boards look flat. so I changed some of the color in the specular setting  by darking it to a very dark gray and I added a  little redish yellow to the deffused color as well to bring them more in line with my light source. I'm always tweaking stuff . i guess its a old animators habit , so please don't take it personally or offence to your work in your set.  its just my own personal taste how i thinks should lookn my renders

I was going for the where is Waldo thingy..lol.

I took a capture of my surface setting

Capture.JPG
    1423 x 943 - 200K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2017

I can't believe I saved this renders But This is my first render before i made any adjustments of the same image so  this should give you a good example of what Iwas talking about.. I do believe it had to do alot with the ue2 light source i was using

1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 369K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2017

Welcome to Provence ~ Iray version  global light dial setting for 3PM  full 5000 interations :)

Again best viewed full size there is a lot goig on in there..lol

Welcome to Provence - iray.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 315K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

I used a UE2 light dome and ue lights. which gave both bill board set a gloss or shine to them  making the bill boards look flat. so I changed some of the color in the specular setting  by darking it to a very dark gray and I added a  little redish yellow to the deffused color as well to bring them more in line with my light source. I'm always tweaking stuff . i guess its a old animators habit , so please don't take it personally or offence to your work in your set.  its just my own personal taste how i thinks should lookn my renders

I was going for the where is Waldo thingy..lol.

I took a capture of my surface setting

I certainly don't take offense.  I am still learning.  I know the scripting system, bones, poses, and expressions really, really well; other areas not so much.  I love to learn how to do things better.  Thank you for the settings.  I will look into it.

• Ivy said:

Welcome to Provence ~ Iray version  global light dial setting for 3PM  full 5000 interations :)

Ivy said:

Again best viewed full size there is a lot goig on in there..lol

Beautiful. 

edited December 2017

I Sooo love this set :) I really love how you can custom angle the prop as needed,  boy does that ever save set up time. its better than actaully putting together a bunch genesis character..lol

Please Please Please make a medievil set like this  Or a asian set would also be wicked ! I have a Karate girl animation series I could use it ..lol

Drunken Boat Party. ~  Iray

lots going on best viewed full size its only 155 kb I use adobe fireworks to bring the size wieght down.

drunken boat party.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 156K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Thanks for the freebie! Excellent idea to get people to try your product. All the best this coming year!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

I'm really looking forward to Now-Crowd Billboards - Business District.

• Ivy said:

I Sooo love this set :) I really love how you can custom angle the prop as needed,  boy does that ever save set up time. its better than actaully putting together a bunch genesis character..lol

Please Please Please make a medievil set like this  Or a asian set would also be wicked ! I have a Karate girl animation series I could use it ..lol

Drunken Boat Party. ~  Iray

lots going on best viewed full size its only 155 kb I use adobe fireworks to bring the size wieght down.

Oh I really like this one!  Great use of lighting.  

I am very happy that you love it.  I know what you mean though.  I have found myself wishing that setting stuff up in Daz would be this fast all the time! smiley  

Wow, you put a lot of effort into your animations!  It's impressive!

• xyer0 said:

Thanks for the freebie! Excellent idea to get people to try your product. All the best this coming year!

You're welcome!  I wanted to give back to all of you because you have made this an awesome year for me.  It is hard to believe that I have been a Daz PA less than 11 months. 

If I could help people understand a new product series I want to do at the same time, that is a bonus!  smiley

• xyer0 said:

I'm really looking forward to Now-Crowd Billboards - Business District.

The next one in my queue is Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern City Life which should give you a lot of what you want. smiley

• xyer0 said:

You're welcome!  I wanted to give back to all of you because you have made this an awesome year for me.  It is hard to believe that I have been a Daz PA less than 11 months. 

If I could help people understand a new product series I want to do at the same time, that is a bonus!  smiley

I'd like to say thanks too. The rotate script is going to be super useful to me.

• xyer0 said:

I'd like to say thanks too. The rotate script is going to be super useful to me.

You are very welcome! smiley