Holiday Freebie Thank you Thread. (Post Renders if you've got em)

DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
edited December 2017 in The Commons

So, every year there's a thread thanking the PA's for their Holiday Gifts, whether it be a 12/25 days of christmas thing, or however Daz and the PA's decide to set it up.  I usually only post in it two or three times, since while I appreciate each and every one of them, I like to say thank you just once to everyone.

But since this year seems to be a little scattered, I guess I'll start it.

Thank you!  To both Daz and the PA's for your wonderful Freebies this month.

Dec 1: ibl-skies-christmas-gift

Dec 2: dforce-sweater-for-millennium-dog

Dec 3: neo-high-boots-and-high-top-sneaker-for-genesis-8-male-s

Dec 5: small-chair

Dec 7: pillows-and-poses-for-genesis-8

Dec 9: checkers-and-backgammon-games

Dec 9: pw-claws

Dec 11: onfleek-for-genesis-8-female-s

Dec 12: geta-for-genesis-8-male-s

Dec 12: neo-high-boots-and-high-top-sneaker-for-genesis-8-female-s

Dec 15: chinese-checkers-game

Dec 16: idg-dforce-dynamics-super-long-scarf

Dec 18: z-snowey-snowman-and-poses-for-genesis-3-8-female

Dec 19: now-crowd-billboards-santa-s-elves

Dec 20: in-the-spotlight

Dec 21: old-candle-holder

Dec 22: wdj-christmas-end-table

Dec 23: formal-accents-for-genesis-8-male-s

Dec 24: chest-of-drawers

Edit - at the moment, all of the products are back (I appologize for not making this edit earlier) and can be accessed by adding https//www.daz3d.com/ before the product name.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

My thanks also for the freebies. I would post renders, but don't have any yet with the freebies.

You wouldn't happen to know of a general holiday render thread would you?

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Yes, many thanks for the excellent gifts!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Yes. Very nice set of freebies this year.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910

DAZ and PAs - thank you for the freebies!

((Holiday Hugs))

edited December 2017

Well finally got a render done with the neo high boots. While I truly appreciate the freebie, they made my DS freeze up. Once I reset the surfaces and retextured them, they worked great and are the first stitch of clothing I have for G8 male, LOL.. jacket and gloves are from Toyen for G8 female, jeans are from luthbel for G2 female and beanie is from OOT for V4.

hunterr.jpg
    1529 x 870 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Well finally got a render done with the neo high boots. While I truly appreciate the freebie, they made my DS freeze up. Once I reset the surfaces and retextured them, they worked great and are the first stitch of clothing I have for G8 male, LOL.. jacket and gloves are from Toyen for G8 female, jeans are from luthbel for G2 female and beanie is from OOT for V4.

Really great render!  Looks like right where I want to be.

sapat said:

Thanks! yeah, it doesn't snow hardly at all here in Tx, so I'd like to spend a little time there as well.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I wanna be there too! I am melting here, despite the two fans I have on me. :sigh: I just gazed at your pic and thought "if only...".  

sapat said:

Thanks! yeah, it doesn't snow hardly at all here in Tx, so I'd like to spend a little time there as well.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I'm having computer issues, or I'd have a render for the thread myself.

But a simple link to the latest Holiday Freebie will have to do:

https://www.daz3d.com/small-chair

They don't always show up on the page for me. I usually see a blank category where the freebies get posted.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Thank you so much for the Holiday freebies, Denki Gaka, Aave Nainen, FUNtasi, Code 66, and Daz! :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Thank you so much for the Holiday freebies, Denki Gaka, Aave Nainen, FUNtasi, Code 66, and Daz! :)

Nice one waiting for santa ;-)

Totte said:

haha Yep. She set out some cookies and nog for him. Maybe I should title it: "How Santa met Mrs. Claus". lol

Totte said:

haha Yep. She set out some cookies and nog for him. Maybe I should title it: "How Santa met Mrs. Claus". lol

Now there is an idea for a render. I have a bar interior I haven't used yet, LOL

Nice render Diva!

edited December 2017
    Totte said:

Now there is an idea for a render. I have a bar interior I haven't used yet, LOL

Nice render Diva!

lol Thank you! :D

I hope you do that render, I'd love to see it! :) That actually sounds like a fun render challenge, the subject being "How Santa met Mrs. Claus". heheh It would be fun to see what different artists come up with. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Are these only available for a couple days?  I just checked the store today and the first one, IBL Skies Christmas Gift, gives a 404 error.

Christmas freebies traditionally last only a couple of days. Sometimes you can find links to older ones in the Freebies forum, but not all of them for every year.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2017

I seem to recall Daz putting all the freebies up for a catchup after Christmas. I wouldn't count on it, get the freebies as they come out. But if you miss something, you might be able to pick it up later in the month.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    Stryder87 said:

Are these only available for a couple days?  I just checked the store today and the first one, IBL Skies Christmas Gift, gives a 404 error.

Yeah, if they're through the Daz store, it's usually only for a few days.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll pull the link.

edited December 2017
    Totte said:

Nice render Diva!

I hope you do that render, I'd love to see it! :) That actually sounds like a fun render challenge, the subject being "How Santa met Mrs. Claus". heheh It would be fun to see what different artists come up with. 

I couldn't resist Diva and even used the new freebie chair, LOL Those Elf parties tend to get carried away!

"How Santa met Mrs. Claus"

santaparty.jpg
    1529 x 870 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
    Totte said:

Nice render Diva!

I couldn't resist Diva and even used the new freebie chair, LOL Those Elf parties tend to get carried away!

In your world Mrs. Claus is a tattooed stripper? lol 

In my world half the people I know are, LOL

• Totte said:

Nice render Diva!

That is so gorgeously wrong on so many levels smiley  Well done.

On a more serious note, where did you get the elves and their outfits?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Totte said:

Nice render Diva!

Those are 3D Universe's Toon Elves. They are DAZ Originals https://www.daz3d.com/toon-elf

In my world half the people I know are, LOL

lol Where's a Rolling On The Floor Laughing emoji when I need one? 

• Totte said:

Nice render Diva!

Those are 3D Universe's Toon Elves. They are DAZ Originals https://www.daz3d.com/toon-elf

Thanks.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    Totte said:

Nice render Diva!

Hehe  ;-)

First post updated with today's gift

https://www.daz3d.com/pillows-and-poses-for-genesis-8

And one of these days I'll actually get a render done, I swear. :)

Not sure if I missed yesterdays or if there are two today:
    https://www.daz3d.com/pw-claws

https://www.daz3d.com/checkers-and-backgammon-games

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

I didn't see the checkers and backgammon games yesterday either. It may have been late appearing. My timezone is a few hours ahead of Daz so I have gone to bed before the Daz day ends.