Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.10.0.123! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Finally blush​ I have once again a current online access, so that I can send bugs, screenshots etc. again. During the past 2 years it was nearly impossible, because my mobile phone couldn't stand it wink

• leo04leo04 Posts: 304
    edited December 2017

For some reason I missed the release announcement of 4.10.  In the past I always got a notification when starting DAZ so when I saw this was out I was a little supprised. 

What do I need to do to get this update/new release.

I am currently running 4.9.4.122.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • You can get it either through DIM (make sure Public Beta is checked in download options) or your Product Library in your account on the DAZ store page.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 304
    edited December 2017

You can get it either through DIM (make sure Public Beta is checked in download options) or your Product Library in your account on the DAZ store page.

Public Beta? Is the current release for 4.10 not a regular release but a beta release?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 4.10.0.107 is the current General Release, 4.10.0.121 (this thread) is the current Public Beta Release.

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
    edited December 2017

A number of users and myself has been experiencing a bug with the Magnify, Move, and Cube Rotate icon with the latest DAZ Studio 4.10 Version. After a few clicks on the either of the icons the scene will either jump back, to the side, or rotate to an extreme position. (Here are videos showing all three issues https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2NjUwMl82NzQ1ODg4 and also for the rotator cube bug https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2Njg3Ml82NzQ2Njk1 ; ) I also included some pictures describing the issue. Where do I report this bug?

I'm using: Windows 10, 64 bit, 2 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti's, with a Threadripper 12 core CPU

Magnify Icon Bug.png
    1120 x 956 - 315K
    Magnify Icon Bug Scene Jumps Back.png
    1023 x 928 - 213K
    Move Icon Bug.png
    1067 x 912 - 287K
    Magnify Icon Bug Jump to right.png
    1045 x 945 - 269K
    Bug 3, Cube Scene Jump.png
    1012 x 924 - 243K
    Bug 3 Scene Jumped after clicked.png
    1010 x 912 - 186K
    Post edited by RFB532 on
  • Hi there

Once again, all update to 4.10 was fine until from 4.10.0.118 to ... 121.

Without any reason, Daz3D starting ... but without a interface. It's like a minimized Thing, but when i startet version 4.9.4.117 parallel , all was fine with usable Interface.

What's wrong and what can i do?

My System was (unchanged since update to 4.10.0.121)
    - Win 10 Prof. / 64 Bit
    - i7-6700k CPU 4 GHz / 32 GByte RAM
    - 2x 980 GTX Ti
    - 1x Samsung SSD 850 / 5000 GByte
    - all Driver and Patches up to date ...

Best regards
    peter

• You didn't have an instance of DAZ Studio running when you updated?

• "You didn't have an instance of DAZ Studio running when you updated?"

Yes, i use DIM for DL the last Beta and then installed the ...121 Version.

• You shouldn't have DS running when updating. Ok, uninstall and then reinstall, but make sure you have no instance of DS running.

• Hi Doc JellyBean :-)

Yes, i do this now, big thx for your help!

bg / antares aka peter

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2017

A number of users and myself has been experiencing a bug with the Magnify, Move, and Cube Rotate icon with the latest DAZ Studio 4.10 Version. After a few clicks on the either of the icons the scene will either jump back, to the side, or rotate to an extreme position. (Here are videos showing all three issues https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2NjUwMl82NzQ1ODg4 and also for the rotator cube bug https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2Njg3Ml82NzQ2Njk1 ; ) I also included some pictures describing the issue. Where do I report this bug?

I'm using: Windows 10, 64 bit, 2 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti's, with a Threadripper 12 core CPU

I don't know about the behavior on the Magnify and Move icons, as I've never just clicked on either of them. However, the rotator cube behavior you're describing is a feature, not a bug. I use it all the time, though I don't recall which version I was using when I discovered it. Certainly well before 4.9. Hover the mouse over one of the edges or faces of the cube and you should see it highlight. Then click on it, and the scene will reorient to match the cube's perspective. It's very handy, when you're expecting it to behave that way.

ETA: the "point of origin" for the rotation will be the default unless you've selected an object and clicked on the "+" icon to center that object in the viewport. With other than default, the rotation can sometimes leave most of the figure or scene out of the viewport.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:

I don't know about the behavior on the Magnify and Move icons, as I've never just clicked on either of them. However, the rotator cube behavior you're describing is a feature, not a bug. I use it all the time, though I don't recall which version I was using when I discovered it. Certainly well before 4.9. Hover the mouse over one of the edges or faces of the cube and you should see it highlight. Then click on it, and the scene will reorient to match the cube's perspective. It's very handy, when you're expecting it to behave that way.

ETA: the "point of origin" for the rotation will be the default unless you've selected an object and clicked on the "+" icon to center that object in the viewport. With other than default, the rotation can sometimes leave most of the figure or scene out of the viewport.

Yes the rotator cube works like you explained half of the time. If i click on a face or an edge it will nicely automatically rotate to that angle but for the other times I use it, after about 4 or 5 clicks it suddenly jumps erratically without doing a smooth transition.

And many times I am only clicking on the front face of the cube getting ready to move the scene and it will unexpectedly jump. (See the video, it demostrates whats happening: https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2ODk1MF82NzUxNzE1 ) Everything is at default settings and this is fresh install of the latest version of Daz 4.10

It happens after about four or five clicks on the cube, with a sudden extreme rotation to another unintended angle, making hard to set up a scene or do poses. I'm trying to make the switch from Poser to Daz as my main program, but this proving to very difficult to deal with. What are you using to move the scene around?

• You shouldn't have DS running when updating. Ok, uninstall and then reinstall, but make sure you have no instance of DS running.

So, now, i do this like you said, Daz3D ist starting without the Interface. Its' the same thing like minmized Daz3D down to Taskbar.

• L'Adair said:

Yes the rotator cube works like you explained half of the time. If i click on a face or an edge it will nicely automatically rotate to that angle but for the other times I use it, after about 4 or 5 clicks it suddenly jumps erratically without doing a smooth transition.

And many times I am only clicking on the front face of the cube getting ready to move the scene and it will unexpectedly jump. (See the video, it demostrates whats happening: https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2ODk1MF82NzUxNzE1 ) Everything is at default settings and this is fresh install of the latest version of Daz 4.10

It happens after about four or five clicks on the cube, with a sudden extreme rotation to another unintended angle, making hard to set up a scene or do poses. I'm trying to make the switch from Poser to Daz as my main program, but this proving to very difficult to deal with. What are you using to move the scene around?

I have seen this with the cube off and on since at least 4.8, but not with any of the other tools there. Usually it happens when I don't quite hit the part of the cube I'm aiming for, but it does not usually stop where I don't want to be.

L'Adair said:

I have seen this with the cube off and on since at least 4.8, but not with any of the other tools there. Usually it happens when I don't quite hit the part of the cube I'm aiming for, but it does not usually stop where I don't want to be.

This really needs to get fixed, it makes it near impossible to set up the scene, or do any detailed work. I pay for a Monthly subscription to Daz and have steadily bought enough content to have easily funded several people’s salary there at Daz. I hope they put that money and hours to good use and fix this problem for us.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 2017
    antares said:

You shouldn't have DS running when updating. Ok, uninstall and then reinstall, but make sure you have no instance of DS running.

So, now, i do this like you said, Daz3D ist starting without the Interface. Its' the same thing like minmized Daz3D down to Taskbar.

I haven't dl'd the latest beta yet, but the 1st post mentions:

User Interface

• Updated default menus; recommend clicking Window > Workspace > Update and Merge Menus

Did you try that? Or is even that option not showing???? Nothing at all???

Post edited by glaseye on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2017
    L'Adair said:

I use the icons and/or my mouse to make changes to the viewport. I haven't seen the issue you're dealing with. I even went in and tried to make it jump around by clicking on the other icons. The fact it works for a while and then stops working makes me think it might be a memory issue. How much RAM do you have on your computer? What draw mode are you using for your viewport?

I've found Smooth Shaded draw mode to be very helpful most of the time, with Textured Shaded and Nvidia reserved for detail work. I've also got 64GB of RAM, having added 32GB when I was having issues with Look At My Hair.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I am advised to pass on this

3rd party plugins can be the cause of various issues; the SDK allows for fairly deep integration, and thus presents a greater potential (both positive and negative). I'll look at writing a script sample that disables all 3rd party plugins as a troubleshooting step aimed at isolating whether or not a 3rd party plugin is involved in a given issue.

• glaseye said:
    antares said:

You shouldn't have DS running when updating. Ok, uninstall and then reinstall, but make sure you have no instance of DS running.

User Interface

• Updated default menus; recommend clicking Window > Workspace > Update and Merge Menus

glaseye said:
    antares said:

User Interface

Hi

I can't try that because the Workspace is still minimized and cannot maximized = no Daz3D Window, only a minimized one and its not possible to switch with Key like [ALT] & [TAB].

I try to install the new Beta 123 and will hope ...

Thank you for help

• He there

I solve my stuppid Problem with minimized Daz3D-Desktop, it's so simple: [ALT] & [Space] -> to manipulate the Size of Windwos ... :-)

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I use the icons and/or my mouse to make changes to the viewport. I haven't seen the issue you're dealing with. I even went in and tried to make it jump around by clicking on the other icons. The fact it works for a while and then stops working makes me think it might be a memory issue. How much RAM do you have on your computer? What draw mode are you using for your viewport?

I've found Smooth Shaded draw mode to be very helpful most of the time, with Textured Shaded and Nvidia reserved for detail work. I've also got 64GB of RAM, having added 32GB when I was having issues with Look At My Hair.

Thanks, I tried all the different draw modes (Wireframe, Smooth Shaded, etc.) and the issue still happens. I also have 64GB of ram as well, with a 12 core AMD, and two 1080 Ti's GPU's on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, so I doubt it's a hardware deficiency.

I’m using all default settings. I’m not using any weird setups, hardware, or configurations of any kind, just a straight default Daz setup on my default Windows desktop. It happens either on the first or sixth mouse click. It happens consistently with Genesis 3 or 8 in the scene and less frequently with a small prop in the scene.

The view port jumps to the exact same positions each time when either the rotator cube, magnify, or move icon is clicked. Same thing also happens when using the associated individual viewport keyboard shortcuts as well, so I’m leaning towards that this is a specific bug of some sort.

• Runs ok on my Mac High Sierra, but I cannot find any button or menu for rendering. Manual says left side of screen, but that is where my library window is???

Any good (and working) info about how to start the render process in this version of DAZ Studio for OSX?  Program is useless without...

• Runs ok on my Mac High Sierra, but I cannot find any button or menu for rendering. Manual says left side of screen, but that is where my library window is???

Any good (and working) info about how to start the render process in this version of DAZ Studio for OSX?  Program is useless without...

Do you not have the Render menu? It may be an issue with the layout, in which case Window>Workspace>Select Layout may sort it out.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 2017

Hi, in previous versions of Daz Studio, when I choose some part of the figure or any prop

and click on "View: Frame" image

I could rotate view with the image around the selected item.

With the newest beta and may be with some previous ones,

that does not work any longer, and the view rotates/orbits around some arbitrary

point in the scene. How can one change that?

Mayuka07scr.jpg
    174 x 49 - 6K
    Mayuka07scr2.jpg
    34 x 30 - 1K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Seems to be working OK for me  -the framing is still odd if the mdoel is offset from the origin, but the orbit works normally within that. Do you get the same issue using Aim At (ctrl-shift-A)?

Artini said:

Hi, in previous versions of Daz Studio, when I choose some part of the figure or any prop

and click on "View: Frame" image

I could rotate view with the image around the selected item.

With the newest beta and may be with some previous ones,

that does not work any longer, and the view rotates/orbits around some arbitrary

point in the scene. How can one change that?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 2017

Thanks, Richard. I have tested in a new, blank scene and everything works ok.

I think, I have found the reason.

Most of the time, I am using a template scene, which I have created with different cameras and light setup

that I like and has saved such scene in a file.

To save a time, I load that template scene, at the beginning of a new creation.

It looks like, something is saved in such scene, that prevent orbiting around selected object to happen.

Post edited by Artini on
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

at developer team

please FIX the >>NEW<< scene
    if you apply "NEW" on "daz temp" it keep unwanted textures and "shader"

create a new character and try several textures, the temp keep previous textures

i save, then "new", then reload the save, i read in my temp many unused textures !

the only way to "clean" the temp, after save we must EXIT the Daz program !

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    cm152335 said:

at developer team

please FIX the >>NEW<< scene
    if you apply "NEW" on "daz temp" it keep unwanted textures and "shader"

create a new character and try several textures, the temp keep previous textures

i save, then "new", then reload the save, i read in my temp many unused textures !

the only way to "clean" the temp, after save we must EXIT the Daz program !

Please file a ticket, heading it "bug report" or something similar and send it to the Tech Support dept.   Thanks