Mutomorphs for Genesis 8 and Xeno-Temple [Commercial]

JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
edited January 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi guys, I’m back with a new series of creatures and environment heavily inspired by H. R. Giger consisting of a female and male creature for Genesis 8 called the Mutomorphs and a new original environment set for DAZ Studio called Xeno-Hallway. I hope you’ll enjoy this series I sure had a great time making it.

Keep in mind guys; this is still a work in progress and subject to changes. 

Post edited by JoLab on

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327

Here’s a shot of the so called Xenohallway. It’s basically a long hallway with a door at the end that will open on an endless corridor. It’s highly detailed and easy to customize the way you want it to look. It still need more work especially the lights that are too distracting but I think I’m in a good spot right now. I hope you’ll like this set. 

Hallway_Test01.jpg
    1800 x 1000 - 971K

I’ll ad more images as I progress in this project so stay tune…

The Mutomorph creature has an extendable jaw that can be animated coming in and out of the mouth to give the creature a very fierce and creepy look.

Also, the Mutomorphs are HD characters.

MouthIn.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 324K
    MouthOut.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 343K

The door at the end of the hallway can open to reveal an endless corridor. Also, the endless corridor can be loaded by itself for more options and customizations. 

Outdoor_OpenDoors.jpg
    1800 x 1100 - 975K
    CorridorTest01.jpg
    1600 x 1300 - 736K

Here’s a top down view on the floor to show the details. 

Hallway_test04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 725K
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Oh this is fantastic!  I've been wanting pretty much this exact environment since I first started using Studio, awesome!  And those Mutomorphs are fantastic as well

Thanks dragotx

Here I was just exploring customization options for Xenohallway and tried an outdoor look. I decided to make a building facade so that it will work better. I’m currently working on the facade. 

Hallway_test02.jpg
    1800 x 1000 - 857K

Ooooh, that'll be awesome for a shot of the unwary explorers landing their ship alongside to go exploring inside the warrens, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this set when it comes out

dragotx said:

Ooooh, that'll be awesome for a shot of the unwary explorers landing their ship alongside to go exploring inside the warrens, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this set when it comes out

I try to put as much customization as I can to make this set more useful. Wait to see when I’m done with the building; it will look like it leads into a creepy temple or cathedral. 

JoLab said:
    dragotx said:

I try to put as much customization as I can to make this set more useful. Wait to see when I’m done with the building; it will look like it leads into a creepy temple or cathedral. 

Eeeeexcellent!  I'm already cooking up ideas for these for when I get my mitts on them  :D

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

This looks really great, Ive been wanting something like this for a long time

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

JoLab,

The Xenohallway looks extremly spectacular.  Really erie and creepy. 

Will I be able to remove selected walls, especially the end caps?  I have some ideas already for some scenes involving a very long, extended hallway.

Cheers,

Alex.

JoLab,

Will I be able to remove selected walls, especially the end caps?  I have some ideas already for some scenes involving a very long, extended hallway.

Cheers,

Alex.

The walls can’t be removed but you can make them invisible which is what I did with the outdoor version. They have their separate surface groups making it easy to turn off their opacity. 

• LIKLIK Posts: 121

This is cool!!! When will it be in the store?

This is cool!!! When will it be in the store?

No idea...

Don’t expect it too soon, I far from done with this set. 

Here’s the outdoor variation of Xenohallway with a building facade. 

Hallway_test03.jpg
    1800 x 1100 - 707K
  • Any plans for Genisis 3 versions? I'd love to be able to combine these with existing G3 morphs/poses/props.

Love the Giger-inspired architecture! Would particularly like a future variation, which just has modular hive sections, minus lights, so that we can create our own tunnels in that same style.

Also, can the lights be deactivated?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    JoLab said:

JoLab,

Cheers,

Alex.

The walls can’t be removed but you can make them invisible which is what I did with the outdoor version. They have their separate surface groups making it easy to turn off their opacity. 

Excellent, thanks.

Alex.

Any plans for Genisis 3 versions? I'd love to be able to combine these with existing G3 morphs/poses/props.

Love the Giger-inspired architecture! Would particularly like a future variation, which just has modular hive sections, minus lights, so that we can create our own tunnels in that same style.

Also, can the lights be deactivated?

I don’t think I’ll make a Genesis 3 version of the Mutomorphs. Sorry!

Yes, the lights can be turned off so you’ll be able to do your custom lighting. They look like boring white orbs right now but when I’m done with them they will look like cool bioluminous organs. Stay tune for that render coming right up…

I wanted to make sure it has lights so it will load already lit for those who don’t want to light the scene themselves. 

• edited December 2017

I like it and the enviorment, looks awesome and I can never have enough aliens or creatures. Keep them coming...Yea!

Post edited by cradzinski_3dd03228a0 on

Here’s a test with bioluminescence.

This is pretty much the look I wanted for the light organs. They can be turned off so that instead of glowing they look like disgusting internal organs.

Let me know what look you prefer so I can add more options. 

LuminousOrgans_Test01.jpg
    1800 x 1100 - 957K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Wow, that looks incredible!

• Well, I'm hardly getting any G8 characters, but these I'll make exceptions for. :)

Sounds like the turned off lights option should be able to make this stubstitute, more or less, for the aesthetic shown in the films. Would definitely pay for a modular kit with the same style, though!

Well, I'm hardly getting any G8 characters, but these I'll make exceptions for. :)

Sounds like the turned off lights option should be able to make this stubstitute, more or less, for the aesthetic shown in the films. Would definitely pay for a modular kit with the same style, though!

A modular kit with this style is in my to do list, maybe it will be my next project.

This set is already a bit modular. I’ll make a image soon showing it with no lights to show how easy it is to customize. 

• JoLab said:

Well, I'm hardly getting any G8 characters, but these I'll make exceptions for. :)

A modular kit with this style is in my to do list, maybe it will be my next project.

This set is already a bit modular. I’ll make a image soon showing it with no lights to show how easy it is to customize. 

What's interesting is that I saw your image of the outdoor scenery and immediately thought of a few sequences in the second trailer for Black Panther...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

They are ugly which is great!

JoLab said:

What's interesting is that I saw your image of the outdoor scenery and immediately thought of a few sequences in the second trailer for Black Panther...

I did not see any of the Black Panther trailers so I’ll take your word for it. However this set was heavily inspired by the upcoming horror game SCORN. You guys should check it out, the game looks amazing. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Holy wow this is spectacular! Both the characters and the environment! 

Holy wow this is spectacular! Both the characters and the environment! 

Thanks!