MIGHTY DEEP STUPID THREAD VI

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Anyone heard from Skiriki? Been long time since I spoke to her. :S

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I still have no Idea what it's for. But the Beta has not broke one thing for me so far. Is running in BG right now.

edited December 1969

She got tied to her Otter and then had da Flu, Complaint thread see's her from time to time.

edited December 1969

Tied to her otter?

Lol well it's good to hear she's still umoung the 3d community. The complaint thread has turned over twice in my absence. I missed one of the entire threads haha!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

According to a post in the beta thread, the new SubD algorithms do (generally|) give more regular results though they can be fussier (in which case you can drop back to the legacy CC SubD mode). One obvious benefit of using a common standard is that it's going to be easier for people modelling in applications that support the same standards to see what they are doing, especially useful when you throw in edge-weighting (which allows for sharper edges without having to add extra polygon loops to pin the edge).

edited December 1969

ah cool! Now I know what its about :D I had alot of difficulty maintaining a sharp edge and creases in the objects surface... On 3ds Max (The software I use to create objects, clothings etc.) while it would look crisp and detailed with SubD on 3ds Max, once imported in Daz, the details are lost considerably. The only way around it was adding more polygons.... And it was very mind boggling on some models I made.

Thanks for the info Richard, appreciate it :D

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Tied to her otter?

Lol well it's good to hear she's still umoung the 3d community. The complaint thread has turned over twice in my absence. I missed one of the entire threads haha!

Significant Otter is now Mr. Skiriki. She made an honest man of him. Then she got flu bug.

She said she was getting better, but "better" is relative. I think she checks up on us in Lurk Mode. (waves in case she's watching)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ah cool! Now I know what its about :D I had alot of difficulty maintaining a sharp edge and creases in the objects surface... On 3ds Max (The software I use to create objects, clothings etc.) while it would look crisp and detailed with SubD on 3ds Max, once imported in Daz, the details are lost considerably. The only way around it was adding more polygons.... And it was very mind boggling on some models I made.

Thanks for the info Richard, appreciate it :D

Try exporting as FBX if you've used edge-weighting in 3DS - I don't know if it works there, but it does from modo.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Anyone heard from Skiriki? Been long time since I spoke to her. :S

*Boo!* Still alive and complaining!

Jaderail said:
    She got tied to her Otter and then had da Flu, Complaint thread see's her from time to time.

Just staggered back; man, it was a brutal week and half with the flu.

Spyro said:
    Tied to her otter?

Indeed, young one! Read more about it here!

Tied to her otter?

Significant Otter is now Mr. Skiriki. She made an honest man of him. Then she got flu bug.

She said she was getting better, but "better" is relative. I think she checks up on us in Lurk Mode. (waves in case she's watching)

*boo!* :vampire:

edited December 1969

Note to all Stupid thread users: You can learn important health tips in the Stupid. You just need to pay attention.

As seen from the last several posts, tying a wet Otter to yourself during winter can sometimes cause your immune system to weaken. That can allow you to contract the closest virus in your vicinity. So always DRY your Otters well before you tie them on.

Otter.png
    856 x 686 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Hey Jade, if I can pry myself off the ponygame long enough, my next plan is to do Venus of Willendorf on my tablet since it has .obj creation software on it. You probably could use it for your art. :)

Having trouble weaning myself from the ponygame == stupid.

edited December 1969

TY fer the heads up. As the father of the Stupid I have yet to see a Stupid that out stupids the stupid of my everyday stupid. You folks sure do give it a good shot though. I will have a hard time out doing the Tyed otter but I'm stalking a Coon at the moment. I have a idea...

edited April 2013

Coming soon from Stupid Thread Books:
    How To Dry And Tie Your Significant Otter by Jaderail; Illustrated by Skiriki; TPB 224 pages

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited April 2013

LOL! At tjohn.

Okay I got the coons ready. Who has the rope?

Coons.png
    435 x 278 - 263K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    LOL! At tjohn.

Those aren't raccoon, those are meerkoons; half raccoon, half meerkat. :lol:

These are raccoon..

raccoons12.jpg
    430 x 320 - 32K
    edited December 1969

These are meerkats.

meerkat.jpg
    400 x 300 - 20K
    edited December 1969

These are meerkoons. The difference is obvious.

meerkoons.jpg
    600 x 900 - 274K
    edited December 1969

Meer Coon, Ra Coon, whatever I still need rope. These buggers are slowly taking my house apart.

edited April 2013

Jaderail said:
    Meer Coon, Ra Coon, whatever I still need rope. These buggers are slowly taking my house apart.

That's what they do. :)
    And how could you not love those little guys, they're so cute and...AAAAAHHH!!! Kill them with fire!!!!
    1601_1601_514f12b293d8d284b78e82c5963.jpg
    500 x 400 - 158K
    Rabid_Raccoons.jpg
    640 x 480 - 84K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

They're like miniature wolverines.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    They're like miniature wolverines.

They can get up to 20 lbs (9 kg), about the size of the smallest wolverines.
    They carry rabies, and have been known to cheat at cards. (Well, they probably would if they could play cards.)
    edited December 1969

Although not a favorable species by many, I always liked raccoons :)

Glad to see ya Ski !!

And I'll look into the FBX export/import Richard. Thanks for the info, it's very confusing getting things exported to Daz from 3ds max, so far I've mostly had success exporting obj but just one parameter set wrong and it flops lol. I'll play around with FBX and see if I can get results :)

edited December 1969

Coon's is cool. I got a real family that comes to eat every night. They love leftover cat food.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

fake meerkats

17092009209.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 873K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Coon's is cool. I got a real family that comes to eat every night. They love leftover cat food.

I be sorta dense today. Real family of coons or are you talking about your redneck relatives?

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:

I be sorta dense today. Real family of coons or are you talking about your redneck relatives?ROTFLMAO!! Well, as far as I know my family has not stopped at the cat bowl on the front porch for a nibble of cat food. I'm not saying they haven't, just that I've not seen them do it.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    LOL! At tjohn.

These are raccoon..

Huh... I can't understand how they can afford to buy their masks... They're animals, and what's the purpose of using bandit masks? Who do these animals think they are? Zorro??

112238199_-com-antonio-banderas-signed-mask-of-zorro-photo-5-.jpg
    300 x 300 - 9K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    LOL! At tjohn.

These are raccoon..

Huh... I can't understand how they can afford to buy their masks... They're animals, and what's the purpose of using bandit masks? Who do these animals think they are? Zorro??

They get a group discount in order to afford the mask.
    They want the mask because their hero is the Lone Ranger.

the-lone-ranger-original.jpg
    500 x 442 - 62K
    edited December 1969

La te da te da....

LR-Tonto.png
    350 x 289 - 194K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited April 2013

Going for the group rate...

coonsindrain.jpg
    440 x 319 - 34K