Carrara 8.5.0.204 Beta (Update)

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Carrara 8.5.0.204 is the latest Beta Build!

We are including the 8.5 Beta in your purchase of Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build. Just don’t uninstall the 8.1 version when you install this beta release.

The purpose of providing this build is for you to see the progress we are making, see how Genesis looks in Carrara, see the new features we’ve added and provide input on the changes. You can also see the list of bug fixes below. This list identifies issues that were logged in the bug tracker and highlights many of the other fixes in this build.

IMPORTANT: On Mac, the spot render tool works for some, but not others. If the spot render tool does not work for you, please file a bug report with as much detail of your system as possible.

IMPORTANT: On Mac, this build requires 10.6 or newer.

New in Carrara 8.5:
1. Support for Genesis Character
2. Character presets can be applied. Go to the Instance Tab, select the 2nd Genesis listed in the tree or the Actor line, and double click the character from the list. If the one of these items is not selected, an additional figure will be loaded with that character applied.
3. New Parameters Pane and user experience
4. Carrara 8.5 Parameter Pane. If you are familiar with the Parameters Tab (with the Genesis figure) in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent to Carrara 8.5 is the Parameter Pane which is accessed by selecting the second Genesis from the list.
5. Shaping in Parameters Pane. If you are familiar with the Shaping Tab in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent for Carrara 8.5 can be accessed by selecting the Actor line from the tree in the Instance Pane.
6. Content Management System or CMS connection to utilize the DAZ Studio database (requires DAZ Studio 4.0.3.19 or newer recommended to be installed). We are looking into a project to install the CMS for Carrara without the need of DAZ Studio. So for the Carrara customers not using DAZ Studio they can still take advantage of the new system. More information will be coming.
7. AutoFit is included in Carrara 8.5
8. Fit To (auto generates Genesis morphs) for Genesis designed clothing
9. Restore Figure tools
10. Memorize tools
11. Zero Figure tools
12. Smart Content Tab (shows all the content with meta data organized similarly to DAZ Studio’s Smart Content Tab)
13. New SubD / Smoothing tool (display the smoothing slider of smoothed vertex object in the assemble room)
14. Improved Bullet Physics for soft body simulation
15. aniBlock importer has been updated and fixed for Carrara 8.5
16. Mac OSX Lion support has been implemented
17. Geo grafting has been implemented and improved.
18. New Light Icons to better represent the lights, the controls have also been improved.
19. DUF Files from DAZ Studio are now supported.
20. Graph Editor keyframe scale box.
21. Lock Production Frame
22. Right click Cut/Copy/Paste menu on all text boxes including the serial number dialog.

If you are seeing issues please log the bugs in the bug tracker.

Changes since the last beta build include:
* DSON(duf/dsf) Improvements
- Loading Speed.
- Fixed #0047428 : Added shader assignment using shading domain names
- Fixed #0047204 : Fixed daz skinning issue with complex scene setup (like for instance NLA transform offsets)
- Fixed #0047489 : Fixed camera focal import
- Improved progress bar during loading
- Fixed some character preset loading crash
- Show "updating" instead of an "invalid file count number" in the browser while updating a content folder (smart content)
- Fixed issue with the Json framework related to multiple processors
- Fixed #0047609 : Fixed grafting file read issue
- Update Valentina client to version 5
- Defer the startup processing for the smart content tab until user actually clicks in the smart content tab
* SDK Fixes in regards to 3rd Party Plugins
- Fix Sdk compatibility with Carrara 8.1
* Various Improvements
- Fixed #0047449 : Made the Mimic gesture track additive to allow better mix with poses
- Improve texture filtering when using a higher object accuracy
- Implemented #47919 : Dolly around selected object not working in certain situations.
- Implemented #38048 : Lock Production Frame.
- Implemented #42966 : Support soft selection when making target areas.
- Ensure that English is the default language on first install.
- Support Cut/Copy/Paste for text edit boxes, including the serial number dialog.
- Implemented Graph Editor feature of selected keyframe scale box. This enables retiming from front or back and adjusting amplitude.
* Various Bug Fixes
- Fixed #0047495 : Crash bug
- Fixed #0047290 : Hang in displacement with mesh with complex topology
- Fixed #0047499 : Shader drag and drop
- Fixed #0047411 : Hang on the Mac 64 bit
- Fixed #0047733 : Corruption when writing file
- Fixed #0047715 : Manipulator selection issue
- Fixed #0047873 : Deleting keyframes in certain situations led to "An Error Occured While Executing Save".
- fixed #0048316 : Displacement Painting doesn't work in Symmetry mode.
- Fixed #0049241 : Mipmap filtering error when rendering large images
- Fixed #0040649 : Interface glitch in the shader room. This manifested as many graphical glitches when using Full Screen Mode with Dual Monitors.
- Fixed some memory leaks

What you need to know about this build:

1. If you get a Duplicate ID error, please reset your download for the content and try reinstalling. If the issue persists please place it in the Content Project of the bug tracker (http://bugs.daz3d.com) as we believe we have fixed all of those.
2. Pz2 material Presets do work on Genesis and Triax Content, to include content that has been auto-fit to Genesis now.
3. PZ2 Poses do apply to Genesis
4. DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 minimum, (4.5 recommended) must be installed prior to running Carrara 8.5 in order to use Genesis or the Smart Content Tab.
5. If new content with meta data is installed via installer, DAZ Studio will need to be started in order to get the smart content into the CMS database.
6. If new content is installed via DAZ Install Manager, then it will handle getting smart content into the CMS database.
7. V4/M4/K4 shaders will not work on Genesis and will have to be manually built.
8. Included Tree presets may not look the same as they did in Carrara 7.
9. Adding IK to genesis works correctly and as expected, Genesis doesn’t load with IK. (In either DS or Carrara)
10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.
12. Plugins for the previous builds of 8.0 are expected to work with this version. All plugins tested work except the MDD plugin from Fenric, but this will be fixed in a later build.

To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0024576-KQV-001-EBTQKVE Expires 1 September 2013

About Mimic Pro and this build:
If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 8.5. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.

Post edited by adamr001 on

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update. One note on what you said:

"1. If you get a Duplicate ID error, please reset your download for the content and try reinstalling. If the issue persists please place it in the Content Project of the bug tracker (http://bugs.daz3d.com) as we believe we have fixed all of those."

It looks like with the new design of the site, no more resets are required.

ncamp

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited April 2013

I've been trying to look up some of the listed fixed items in the bug tracker, but so far every one that I've tried has given me an "access denied" response.

Yes, I know that there is a public and private side to the bug tracker, but shouldn't these be moved to the public side now that the fixes have been announced so that the users can verify them? Isn't that one of the purposes of releasing a public beta?

If there are still problems with some of these issues, I'm sure the developers would want to know. As it is we can not add info to these tickets in the bug tracker.

EDIT: Only four of the eighteen listed bug tracker ticket numbers can be accessed by the public.

Post edited by de3an on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Hmmmm, is this supposed to be active in our accounts already? I ask because the newest version I'm seeing is x.172. I don't see any files for x.204

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

:exclaim:

Post edited by ManStan on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Hmmmm, is this supposed to be active in our accounts already? I ask because the newest version I'm seeing is x.172. I don't see any files for x.204
    Yes
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Details here:
    http://carraracafe.com/new-carrara-8-5-beta-build-released/

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,060
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Yes

Got to go along with Miss B on this - under the Carrara 8 Pro upgrade I see the x.172 but not the x.204.

And I don't have anything under 'beta' for Carrara.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Miss B said:
    Yes

Got to go along with Miss B on this - under the Carrara 8 Pro upgrade I see the x.172 but not the x.204.

Details here:
    http://carraracafe.com/new-carrara-8-5-beta-build-released/

"Check your new “Product Library” in “My Account” and look for “Carrara 8.5 BETA” where you should see a list according the the picture below."

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Miss B said:
    Yes

And I don't have anything under 'beta' for Carrara.There are roughly 15 different ways to buy Carrara in the Store. Apparently we missed a few on the first pass.
    Sorry about that.

Fixing it now.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,060
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Miss B said:
    Yes

And I don't have anything under 'beta' for Carrara.There are roughly 15 different ways to buy Carrara in the Store. Apparently we missed a few on the first pass.
    Sorry about that.

Fixing it now.

What I figured. Thanks!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited April 2013

namffuak said:
    Miss B said:
    Yes

There are roughly 15 different ways to buy Carrara in the Store. Apparently we missed a few on the first pass.
    Sorry about that.

Fixing it now.
    Got it now, thanks. ;-)

Post edited by Miss B on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited April 2013

Thanks a million, BHowell and Spooky.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Very cool. I just read through the latest fixes report - eager to test a bunch of things. I also really enjoy how much easier my account handles the downloading of this stuff. Much easier to get what you need with much less confusion.

edited December 1969

LOL!!!
    I'd never have asked for it, but it's really cool! I love the new right-click copy/cut/paste options in text boxes! ;-)
    Can't be certain, but I was just rendering the heck out of the scene I'm working on in my spare time last night - I could swear this build renders faster... I'm thinking by a noticeable margin. I'll do some more testing. I wonder if I could run another build side by side, but using the same preferences? Would be an interesting study. Man I love Carrara's render engine!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

THX from me too
    yes, the 172 Mimic plugin works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1gwZAMpqBg

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

IMPORTANT: On Mac, the spot render tool works for some, but not others. If the spot render tool does not work for you, please file a bug report with as much detail of your system as possible.

I have a report for the Mac SPOT RENDER bug here:
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48182
    Screen_Shot_2013-04-18_at_11.37_.26_AM_.png
    428 x 437 - 81K
    Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48182It bums me out that you have to work under such conditions. For what it's worth... I'm feelin' for ya :(
  • DBuchterDBuchter Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Holly - are you on a mac? If you are running C in dual monitor full-screen, try switching back to window mode and test the spot render again.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

dbuchter said:

Holly - are you on a mac? If you are running C in dual monitor full-screen, try switching back to window mode and test the spot render again.

Even if it works in that mode, it would still be a bug if you can only use it in that mode. It would be a bit of good information for the bug tracker though if it could help the devs. trace it back to the code causing the issue.

• edited April 2013

Uhg! I get a mostly blank screen. I got this once before with a different update and the fix was to delete the preferences. But I can't remember where those are.

.. found it
    \Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Carrara 8.5

But found a different bug. it's won't do dual monitor on my system.
    Bug Report
    Edit: it won't do dual screen IF the second screen is to the LEFT of the primary.

Post edited by briandaz_3e696c2bd8 on
  • carbuncle7carbuncle7 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Can all of you use ShapingPreast DFUFile ?
    I Can't Ues File
    (Carrara8.5.0.204 Win64)

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dbuchter said:

That is a rather elaborate supposition... I am in window mode on a single screen. This has been a bug since beta .172 (but not the earlier .135) that effects many MACs despite their graphics card. DAZ acknowledges it is a bug.

You do not need to try to debunk it. If you are not experiencing this bug on your MAC please add your info to the bug report.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Added system config dump to bugreport and confirmed bug.

edited December 1969

OK, works on 10.6,8, fails on 10.8.3 (and 10.7.5 for some, I suspect the "breaking point" is Mac OS X 10.7+ (which don't make me at all surprised as a lot of things break on 10.7+ as Apple did some major changes (some good, some really bad in my opinion).
    But I think the Carrara team now can find the problem.

edited December 1969

A different note though, this build is so much faster than previous betas, no 5 minute startup time waiting for the CMS etc etc, feel more closer to release (so close I even went I bought some Carrara training DVDs I had on my wishlist)

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited April 2013

Darn... this version does not start.

Just the Welcome Screen and the circulating blue circle with Win7-64

Edit: its was the ShadersPlus Plugin

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
    edited December 1969

Can we have a serial with that please?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Can we have a serial with that please?

Wouldn't it be where they always put it?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/

edited April 2013

yes, it became April 22 an hour ago in Adelaide

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

CDZCPRO-085-0031105-VVY-001-EBTQTXO

This discussion has been closed.