Will there be any new versions of Bryce or any support for old versions?

Synja13Synja13 Posts: 1
edited November 2017 in Bryce Discussion

See discussion title
Will there be any new versions of Bryce or any support for old versions?

Mod edit:- See this thread   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/109161/please-put-your-question-in-the-post-body-and-the-title

smiley

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited November 2017

So far we do not have any indication that Bryce is being developed. We do not have any etas on even bug fix versions. We knew at the time of Bryce 7 development that this was quite possibly the last update for quite some years to come, as indeed it has proven to be. That's why Bryce 7 is several orders of magnitude more powerful than Bryce 6 and earlier. But then there's always the wild card consideration that DAz never announces a development cycle until it is well underway. We could well be into one in secret that no one yet knows about. So we are hopeful!!!!

Post edited by Rashad Carter on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398

IMO Daz will not develop the software into being a 64 bit software …but on all currant versions of windows including  64 bit it is still fully functional…. Even though there are some compatibility complication that will induce a crash , besides the 2 GB limitations.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited November 2017
    S Ray said:

IMO Daz will not develop the software into being a 64 bit software …but on all currant versions of windows including  64 bit it is still fully functional…. Even though there are some compatibility complication that will induce a crash , besides the 2 GB limitations.

I'm running a customized 'barebones'  system with 32 GB of memory, and I can create open scenes that max out at 3800MB- almost 4 GB, but to save it I have to stay under 3 GB file size.. I am using LAA (large address aware;a script that allows 32-bit programs recognize the upper echelon of memory. It's open source and easily found in Google search).  That's the best we can hope for, especially frustrating  whem you import GF2 charecters, they take up a lot of memoty- sometimes over 250 MB each character.

On an unrelated note, I find it puzzling DAZ keeps developing new generations of characteres, in the case of Genesis, which stopped making signifigent improvements after Genesis 2. If they could pay as much attention to improving and tweaking Bryce, even if something as simple as an improved render engine, it won't become 'abandonware'. Such a great program should not be tossed in the ditch cause DAZ has stars in their eyes because some of their characters have 'gone Hollywood' as characters in feature films...

And the Bryce faithful shout "Amen and Amen!!!"

DAZ, are you lisening???

Post edited by Brycescaper on
  • FONSECAFONSECA Posts: 471

(snorts)

• Just poking around as I do periodically in search of word of Bryce given new life. Seems hateful that such a wonderful program should end up in the hands of folks who don't understand the program's beauty nor the creative, intelligent people who are and were drawn to it. Bought, killed it. And we are stragglers years later still wandering in search of word. What an inspired community we were. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Nice to see you Barb. Though Bryce is old, it is still on top for many projects and I use it daily. It's a shame it doesn't work on the Mac anymore (except with some type of Win emulator).

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

I think DAZ's motto on possible updates to Bryce should be... "Bryce, our thick plottens everyday" ...hehhedevil

Jay

• It's very sad to think that there will probably not be any new versions of Bryce. I rely on it heavily as part of my process towards finished works but eventually there will be a time when it no longer works with windows (no doubt apply users will have similar problems). I have been using it since I first got a free copy of version 2 of the front of a magazine.

For anyone interested, my profile picture is a 100cm x 100cm acrylic on canvas painting developed from 3D mdels I created in other software. I then used Bryce for materials, lighting and rendering to produce images which served as reference material for my painting.

• I'm kinda bummed there isn't going to be any new version of Bryce, much less a bone thrown to us macOS users who use everything past 6.0. :/ It seems like a really amazing program, especially for making terrain and stuff. 

I can only hope at this point, they decide to try and integrate it somehow into Daz Studio 5.0, but hell will freeze over and the Detroit Lions will go to and win the World Series before that ever happens. XP

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2017

Anything that you read in this thread about the future and dev is going to be speculation, because nothing in this thread has been said by Daz. 

Post edited by Chohole on