Sheer Greatness Render Competition - Closing Date 16th May(extended)

Comments

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

The shader can bring up a nice custom paintjob on cars... all clothes and all the car (except for the tyres) have shader applied to them. Oh yeah, and the girl's wearing a ripped pair of the leggings too :-)

Same image, but with a vignette overlay - http://fav.me/d625tm9

"Hey - My Binoculars!"

My_Binoculars!.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 699K
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    The shader can bring up a nice custom paintjob on cars... all clothes and all the car (except for the tyres) have shader applied to them. Oh yeah, and the girl's wearing a ripped pair of the leggings too :-)

"Hey - My Binoculars!"

Now that's what I'm talking about.... Good use of the Sheer Greatness shader!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

"Hey - My Binoculars!"

Now that's what I'm talking about.... Good use of the Sheer Greatness shader!

Very cool, I like seeing what it looks like on those other materials, and nice render!

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited April 2013

Sheer Greatness lace shader used on pantyhose, top and drapes.

Love how changing the shader options completely changes the look.

sheer-greatness.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 317K
    Post edited by willowfan on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Nice..

What blouse is that? (Personal Question, nothing to do with contest ;) )

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Nice..

What blouse is that? (Personal Question, nothing to do with contest ;) )

It's the top from Aussie Girl -> http://www.daz3d.com/aussie-girl-outfit

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Cheers!... or should I say, Sheers!

(uh oh, these are the jokes, folks)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Sheer Greatness with Sheer Leggings.

Tights2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 465K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Title: Police...
    Renderer: DAZ Studio 4.5

In support for Ikyoto this render contains a squirrel, dont forget:
    http://www.gofundme.com/Brain-Surgery--Recovery

2013-04-20_Police_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 708K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited April 2013

Title: Red Riding Hood

I used the Sheer Greatness and the Lace #15 shader with red defined as my color selection for the hose and both outfits I kit bashed to make up Red's outfit.

I used the partial setting in the script window for parts of the outfits that I wanted to be opaque. I used the full setting for areas that I wanted to apply the lace effect.

BTW, I love that there are borders between the material zone fill sections on the hose. :) I set the shader on the borders of my material zone defined hose to partial so that the edges (top and bottom..heels too but you can't tell in this image) would be solid.

Edited: I had the partial and full settings mixed up on which way you get opaque vs lace effect.

Red_Riding_Hood_forum.jpg
    818 x 1000 - 964K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited April 2013

Trying a few different experiments that all mostly worked out.

Spider Woman

Sheer Greatness shader only on the walls of the DAZ Crimson Throneroom -- you can see what the walls would normally look like with the column, especially the base -- the band of Nathy's Hat Hat Hat (well, that's the name of the product!) and the top of Evil Innocence's Queen of the Night dress, the part being held together by the pearl strands. Sheer Greatness lace used to re-texture the jacket from the Gift Outfit from one of the Christmas giveaways (sorry, don't know who made that).

I put Geometry shells on the side and back of the throne and used the fishnet as an overlay to create a pattern on that, rather than replacing it. (A fishnet backed throne would look a bit odd.) I did the same with the skirt of the Queen of the Night dress, and with that I also plugged the bump map into the opacity channel to create a stronger pattern.

Lighting is Inane Glory's Photo Studio Lights 2, with an additional linear point to illuminate her face a bit.

And the spider woman herself is FWJS Subira with Pepper hair.

I may redo this one later, just because. She's supposed to be wearing a velvet cape, after all, but there was nowhere to put it.

subira-crimsonthroneroom-sheergreatness-06-logo.png
    1301 x 872 - 3M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I'd love to be replying to each of these with a short comment, but Daz no longer allows that in the forums :(

So, just want to say that I'm really enjoying seeing all of these - great job everyone!

• edited December 1969

Here is one using the fishnet shader on the stockings

Mishi1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 937K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I'd love to be replying to each of these with a short comment, but Daz no longer allows that in the forums :(

You could use "Quote" and reduce the quote. It's just that this forum doesn't take very short messages.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

You could use "Quote" and reduce the quote. It's just that this forum doesn't take very short messages.

I like fooling it by using Alt letters. like alt+3 which gives

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kerya said:

I like fooling it by using Alt letters. like alt+3 which gives

Good ideas, Cho and Kerya! So aggravating that they don't allow short answers.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited April 2013

Greetings,
    I hope this qualifies; the girl on the right is wearing the shader to make a mesh shirt, and the girl on the left is wearing the shader to make a translucent pareo skirt.

I love this shader... I'm tempted to make a badminton or tennis net with it. ;) !

-- Morgan
    [edit: Minor postwork to composite the blue sky in, and signing it.]

Board_Games_Smaller.png
    1920 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

Very nice scene :)

edited December 1969

It's fun using Sheer Greatness and it's textures/addon's... So... I've got another one finished.

2013-04-19_LookBack_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 627K
    edited December 1969

Have I already said? Love this product(s)... another image!!

2013-04-20_Knee_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 448K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

What? Do I have a run in my stocking?

StylishTroll.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 715K
    edited December 1969

"...do you like them?"

2013-04-19_Sheerness_BWC_Pose_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 537K
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Looking good! It's fantastic to see you all having such fun with these. :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,493
    edited December 1969

Picnic

spring_picnic_s.jpg
    1094 x 918 - 472K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130
    edited December 1969

Title: Here's to You

As well as the pantyhose, I used the lace shaders (with various sheerness and colour settings) on the other clothing, the duvet cover and the curtains.

Sheer-Greatness-01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 461K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

|:| Manaqui Sack |:|
    (muh-knack-e sak)

After store closing, the mannequins play hacky sack.

I created this image for my Surreal Sunday gallery at Dreamslayer. The image uses the sheer greatness hosiery and the shaders. All clothing items and the dressing panels have been shaded. Rendered with Daz and postworked with PSP XI.

manaqui.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 463K
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited April 2013

So here is my entry for the contest. I used both Sheer Greatness and a couple of the shaders. As a show of support of for Ikyoto ( http://www.gofundme.com/Brain-Surgery—Recovery ) I also included that cute little squirrel!

Title: Hot for Teacher

Made with DAZ Studio 4.5 and post work in Photoshop. Way too many DAZ products used in this piece to list.

Thanks.

Michelle-Hot-for-Teacher-1600.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 607K
    Post edited by Geminii23 on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

|:| Baby's First Steps |:|

image uses sheer greatness hosiery and shaders on clothing items; rendered in daz, postworked in psp xi

steps.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 390K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Sheer Greatness tights used the shaders were also used on the other clothes; 4blueeyes' Pulled sleeved Tshirt, strappy top is the one from the Jasmin set, skirt is from Powerage's Rebel forever.

roses1.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 485K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Title: Heavy Technology

Sheer Greatness with the Sheer Leggings for Sheer Greatness Add-On. I also used the net shader preset #1 on the shirt.

Heavy_Technology-forum-size.jpg
    899 x 1100 - 887K