Daywalker's delightful delights.

Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
edited October 2017 in Art Studio

Yeah, I guess I ought to drop a few delightful tidbits in here.

First up is the latest;

Genesis 3 Female with a custom body morph; despite her apparant youth, she's actually over the age of 21. I've got an interesting backstory for her that explains why this is, but I'm not going to tell it as yet.

Her skin materials are a combination of the Growing Up textures and Iray Uber material setting modifications, including the circuit eye textures from Pix Synx by Pixeluna.

Her jumper is something I've been working for a few days; the material settings are Iray Uber Leather.

Post edited by Daywalker Designs on

Comments

• Next up:

Two slightly different versions of an updated body morph for the young woman in my first post. The morph itself is the same for both figures in this image; the difference is in the scaling. Can you tell which one is which?

Which is the real Hive.png
    1000 x 1300 - 888K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nope but they are both lovely!

• Thanks. smiley

• This is the target face for the body morph above.

Cute face.png
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
  • Not quite there, yet, but surprisingly good so far.

Not quite there 2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited November 2017

Head and body morphs pretty much done. Now for texture work, eyebrows and two sets of materials for her.

aint she cute.png
    973 x 902 - 532K
    edited December 2017

A new image of the character I made. For this one, I wanted her to have a more normal appearance, so I used a combination of the materials from FWSA Elizabeth for Victoria 8 and the eye textures from the Growing Up for Genesis 3 Female Merchant Resource. The set is Kindred Arts Poseiden Station Iray with one additional emissive surface set as a "ghost light" for facial illumination. After seeing how she turned out, I do plan to do her as a Genesis 8 Female.

wow_by_daywalker_designs-dbvcsm0.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Hive for G8F

• Not my usual, but something different. Edward 8. Mind you, I'm not happy to have been more or less forced to accept the HD morph that I have no interest in owning (If I don't buy them it means I don't want them, not that I think they're too expensive), but thankfully I can hide it in DIM.

Edward SD.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 362K
  • Father and daughter at the beach. Obviosly, they forgot their swimwear.

I really like how she turned out!  I like her face better than the original that you were using as a reference.  She looks really good!  And I love that last render.

• Thanks Sonja.

• Some more stuff; Edward, Xanthe and my own girl Carrie (aka Hive) as a family from when Carrie was around 14 years old. Storywise, this is probably one of the last times Carrie sees her parents alive, though I don't plan to chronicle their adventures at this time.

Family portrait.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 522K
    Family portrait 2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Family portrait 3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Family portrait 4.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited February 2019

Jennifer and Janice Niles, two characters from my novel Hive: Origin. Identical twin sisters with mind swap abilities, as well as the ability for one to temporarily host the mind of the other if there is a danger of death.

The twins.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited February 2019

Carrie's brother Argus, also called Highlands. Raise in Scotland from a very young age, so he's got a very different outlook on the world than she does, but he does still end up being loyal to her as she is one of his few living blood relatives.

Highlands in action.png
    1000 x 1300 - 788K

Some more stuff; Edward, Xanthe and my own girl Carrie (aka Hive) as a family from when Carrie was around 14 years old. Storywise, this is probably one of the last times Carrie sees her parents alive, though I don't plan to chronicle their adventures at this time.

Really love the posing here.

Jennifer and Janice Niles, two characters from my novel Hive: Origin. Identical twin sisters with mind swap abilities, as well as the ability for one to temporarily host the mind of the other if there is a danger of death.

Gorgeous

• Jennifer and Janice Niles, two characters from my novel Hive: Origin. Identical twin sisters with mind swap abilities, as well as the ability for one to temporarily host the mind of the other if there is a danger of death.

Gorgeous

Thanks Sonja. Glad you like them.

edited March 2019

Three renders of a character I'm working on for a later book. Penlope "Pixie" Pinkerton; I've not quite worked out many of the details like her age or full abilities, but she is of Fae heritage as her ears indicate. She is also (in story) a direct decendent of Allan Pinkerton, founder of the infamous Pinkerton Detective Agency.

First up is a height comparison to 5'4" Carrie Mellon.

Pixie energy.png
    1000 x 1500 - 982K
    Pixie defensive.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Pixie and Hive.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited March 2019

More renders. The guy is an anti-hero of sorts; he's useful to Hive if she needs to get information that her drones absolutely cannot get access to when taking down criminal enterprises. His codename is Snakebite.

Snakebite take two.png
    1000 x 1500 - 2M
    Snakebite and Hive.png
    1000 x 1500 - 2M
    Sharp Dressed Man.png
    1000 x 1500 - 3M
    edited November 2019

It's me again, folks. More renders of new characters.

First up is Yumiko Nakamoto, aka Tora the Tigress, or rather, my interpretation of her, as she is the property of TrentHarlow on DeviantArt. This image shows her two forms.

Next up is Bitshift, one of two new characters I've added to my stable of characters for the novels. She is one of two teenagers that Hive will adopt in a later book.

Next up is Tactical, the other teen that Hive will be adopting. He's a cyborg, and has his own drone companions, Kyber and Trance.

Two more images of Bitshift and Tactical, one with their adoptive mom and her main drone companions Snip and Snap. Bitshift has her own drone, Glide.

And lastly, a group shot which I did before I created Tactical, which also has a missing character in it.

Need to finish the cast of characters that will be in my books yet. I have at least two others I want to do.

Tora.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Two sides of the same coin.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Bitshift.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Group image.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Tactical3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    The Hive Siblings.png
    1000 x 1300 - 932K
    Family Portrait 2019.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited December 2019

An update on the group image. I still need to do a few of the other characters from the novels.

my characters 2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited November 2022

It's been a while since I posted anything here, so I'm going to toss this one in here. 19 figures in this one and with the exception of the robotic dogs, they are all related. The image is called "We are Family 10" and is render at 1280x720. I do have a 1920x1080 version as my current desktop wallpaper, though.

We are Family 1280x720 10.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Interesting renders and thread.

• Pendraia said:

Interesting renders and thread.

Thanks Pendraia. The renders are all of characters from a series of books I've been working on since 2017. 

Are any of the books available anywhere? 

• Pendraia said:

Are any of the books available anywhere? 

Not yet. I need to finish the first one and get it published.

Let me know when you do and if I can I'll pick up a copy!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,028

Daywalker Designs said:

19 figures in this one and with the exception of the robotic dogs, they are all related.

I already didn't think it was great that the guy (?) in the red flannel shirt was feeling up the woman in front of him before I read this part.

• Gordig said:

Daywalker Designs said:

19 figures in this one and with the exception of the robotic dogs, they are all related.

I already didn't think it was great that the guy (?) in the red flannel shirt was feeling up the woman in front of him before I read this part.

He's not, but I suppose it might seem that way to some people.