The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

AUGH! COMPLAINT

My tile top rolling mini kitchen workstation arrived 4 days early BUT THE DAMN FLAVORED COFFEE HAS NOT YET SHOWN UP!!!!!!!   AAARRGGHHHH!!!

Ok, I feel better now...

Glad today is almost over.  Finished one tech doc and realized I need to write one for a small application that's actually being used in the field!  Looks like they'll get every last drop of work out of me before the end...

Installed NetBeans, Visual Studio Code, and Python 3.6 today.  Visual C# and Visual C++ are already installed.  I can now do Python, C, C++, C#, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS development right at home!  Seriously considering another 16GB of RAM for this machine.. not really like I need it right now, but you never know :p

Chicken pot pie cooking in the air fryer for dinner, yum!  Cooked a frozen burrito for lunch which also woorked out well.

I might have found a reading solution.. Amazon sells a 6x magnification set of reading glasses, and special glasses for detailed craft work and reading fine print.  Ordered one of each, both will arrive Friday. :)

Non-complaint: football tomorrow!  Amazon is streaming Thursday Night Football for Prime members, so I'll be kicking back and relaxing.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

inertia is a real thing.

So is gravity. I get down in the floor to do something, and have a heck of a time getting back up. angry

I saw an interesting clip a few days ago about gravity and why things feel a force that pushes them "downward"  It was a discussion about "what is down?".  It seems that the conclusion was things move "down" because they slide through time from fast time toward slow time.  All having to do with curved space and the effects it has on time.  So an object that is moving by the force of gravity is being pushed by time. surprise  I'll see if I can find that clip.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4xYacTu-E  Ignore the joke at at the beginning and force yourself to listen all the way to the end.

Our down is Australia's up!  No matter how much time is invested...nothing will fall up relative to the ground.  If it does...you should stop smoking that stuff!  laugh

Dana

We can "screw up" and we can "screw down".

We can "throw up" and we can "throw down".

We can "get up" and we can "get down".

We can "take up" and we can "take down".

We can "show up" and there can be a "showdown".

So,... Why do we always "wake up"?  Doesn't anybody ever "wake down"?

I do...sometimes.   frown

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    NVIATWAS said:

Glad today is almost over.  Finished one tech doc and realized I need to write one for a small application that's actually being used in the field!  Looks like they'll get every last drop of work out of me before the end...

Installed NetBeans, Visual Studio Code, and Python 3.6 today.  Visual C# and Visual C++ are already installed.  I can now do Python, C, C++, C#, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS development right at home!  Seriously considering another 16GB of RAM for this machine.. not really like I need it right now, but you never know :p

Chicken pot pie cooking in the air fryer for dinner, yum!  Cooked a frozen burrito for lunch which also woorked out well.

I might have found a reading solution.. Amazon sells a 6x magnification set of reading glasses, and special glasses for detailed craft work and reading fine print.  Ordered one of each, both will arrive Friday. :)

Non-complaint: football tomorrow!  Amazon is streaming Thursday Night Football for Prime members, so I'll be kicking back and relaxing.

Did you know that you can get Visual Studio 2017 for free now?  It's called the Community edition...but it's the Pro edition for single developers or very small shops.  I just installed it (had VS 2010 before) when I was reinstalling all my stuff.  It supports .net Code and a lot of other things besides the regular full .NET stuff.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    Etrigan said:
    Mistara said:

inertia is a real thing.

I am immune to the laws of inertia. The rule states:"An object in motion seeks to remain in motion." Whenever I'm in motion, I always seek to be at rest. :P 

...same here.

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

inertia is a real thing.

So is gravity. I get down in the floor to do something, and have a heck of a time getting back up. angry

I saw an interesting clip a few days ago about gravity and why things feel a force that pushes them "downward"  It was a discussion about "what is down?".  It seems that the conclusion was things move "down" because they slide through time from fast time toward slow time.  All having to do with curved space and the effects it has on time.  So an object that is moving by the force of gravity is being pushed by time. surprise  I'll see if I can find that clip.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4xYacTu-E  Ignore the joke at at the beginning and force yourself to listen all the way to the end.

Our down is Australia's up!  No matter how much time is invested...nothing will fall up relative to the ground.  If it does...you should stop smoking that stuff!  laugh

Dana

I do when I fall out of bed.

...same here. (and it's a lot further now with the new bed than it was with the futon).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

need rest.  surrender to inertia

dunno if can stay awake long enough for potato to finish baking 

...been cold and very wet here all day. Only made it to the mid 40s with heavy rain most of the day.  More of the same on tap for tomorrow. Supplies dwindling but a market trip may have to wait until Friday afternoon at the earliest when this big mass of wet moves off to the east.

"Package will arrive before 8:00pm"

7:52pm and my coffee shows up. Grrrrrrr.  Well, it's here, and my first cup is Entenmanns Donut Shop coffee.  Nice flavor, should help me stay up a while. :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,167
    edited November 2017

Complaint:  Very disappointed with the on-line auction houses response times for sending my purchases.  I made my first purchase Oct 29 and paid them 2 days later.  Just this afternoon I finally got notice that they are "ready" to send my package but I had to authorize them to ship it. frown  Then they sent me a note saying it will be sent shortly.  Oy, what's the delay with these people???  I will not deal with that particular auction house again. angry  We've all gotten spoiled by dealing with Amazon. surprise

I've made purchases from three other auction houses and only one sent my purchase promptly without me jumping through hoops.  I still haven't gotten word from the other two that they are even ready to ship.  And I haven't received anything yet.  I wanted to have all my self-birthday presents by my birthday (Sunday) but they won't all make it.  Bah, humbug!

But it doesn't really matter because I'm cutting myself off from auction buying for a long while.  Need to tighten the budget.  Actually I need to strangle it for about 3 months. frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Complaint:  Very disappointed with the on-line auction houses response times for sending my purchases.  I made my first purchase Oct 29 and paid them 2 days later.  Just this afternoon I finally got notice that they are "ready" to send my package but I had to authorize them to ship it. frown  Then they sent me a note saying it will be sent shortly.  Oy, what's the delay with these people???  I will not deal with that particular auction house again. angry  We've all gotten spoiled by dealing with Amazon. surprise

I've made purchases from three other auction houses and only one sent my purchase promptly without me jumping through hoops.  I still haven't gotten word from the other two that they are even ready to ship.  And I haven't received anything yet.  I wanted to have all my self-birthday presents by my birthday (Sunday) but they won't all make it.  Bah, humbug!

But it doesn't really matter because I'm cutting myself off from auction buying for a long while.  Need to tighten the budget.  Actually I need to strangle it for about 3 months. frown

Some places will wait until they have multiple packages to ship.
    I think it's because they don't have on-site pickup, or if they do,
    they wait to schedule until it's worth it to be stuck at home until
    the pickup service arrives. Or something.
    Scheduling a pickup can be like scheduling a cable TV service.

Complaint: Ordered a brand new, more comfortable seat for my motorcycle.
    $270.00 and a week later, this is what arrived:

PB082944.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 6M
    PB082942.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 6M
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Can’t seem to post a YouTube video ios11.1.1, the embed code turns into a URL when I paste it into the comment dialog, , must be an iPad thing, interesting but a little twee. Mobile OS’s have a few gotchas it might be one of those Dalek things where resistance is futile. More Oh! Pad than iPad :(

Petercat said:

The old seat must have been real hard if that is the comfortable one :)

NVIATWAS said:

"Package will arrive before 8:00pm"

7:52pm and my coffee shows up. Grrrrrrr.  Well, it's here, and my first cup is Entenmanns Donut Shop coffee.  Nice flavor, should help me stay up a while. :)

Stuck in a traffic jam complaint. A couple of tropical showers brings the city to its knees :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

inertia is a real thing.

Dana

Slow up and slow down is the same thing, at least colloquially locally.

• Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

inertia is a real thing.

That was a great video. I take issue with saying there is no gravity only curved spacetime, because that's like saying there is no wind only air movement, but hey. I like the concept that everything has a tendency to fall to slower time, I've never heard it expressed this way before.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2017
    ps1borg said:

Can’t seem to post a YouTube video ios11.1.1, the embed code turns into a URL when I paste it into the comment dialog, , must be an iPad thing, interesting but a little twee. Mobile OS’s have a few gotchas it might be one of those Dalek things where resistance is futile. More Oh! Pad than iPad :(

use the share code and just paste it straight into the type panel     don't embed,  share   just copy and paste the link highlighted in blue when you click the share button.

Post edited by Chohole on
    ps1borg said:
    Petercat said:

The old seat must have been real hard if that is the comfortable one :)

Oh, yeah. I couldn't put more than 100 miles on the old one if I wanted to walk afterwards.
    Never mounted the "new" one, returned it immediately.

• Petercat said:

If that's brand new I'd hate to see what a used one looks like. surprise

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,167
    edited November 2017
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

inertia is a real thing.

That was a great video. I take issue with saying there is no gravity only curved spacetime, because that's like saying there is no wind only air movement, but hey. I like the concept that everything has a tendency to fall to slower time, I've never heard it expressed this way before.

Yeah, I hadn't realized that I wasn't questioning WHY things fall "down" in a gravity field.  I had gotten the idea of curved space and why if you pushed something near a star it would curve around or orbit it, but it never occured to me to question WHY there was a downslope force and why something would start to move on its own.  So space is curved, so what?  What makes an object begin to move spontaneously, what's the motivation???  The idea that it's sort of being squeezed by high pressure time toward low pressure time satisfies my itch, for the moment.

But I'm OK with the idea of no gravity, just curved spacetime.  I don't think they'll ever find a gravity particle.  They may have measured gravity waves but they're just rhythmic distortions of spacetime. I don't think gravity fits in with other particle physics.  For several years I've been leary about treating gravity the same as the other forces.  I do believe that it is an emergent property like temperature.  Only measurable in the abstract.  Brain on overdrive!!! surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

By golly, when I was a boy, all we had was the Newtonian Theory of Gravity, and we liked it!

Petercat said:

CoSome places will wait until they have multiple packages to ship.
    I think it's because they don't have on-site pickup, or if they do,
    they wait to schedule until it's worth it to be stuck at home until
    the pickup service arrives. Or something.
    Scheduling a pickup can be like scheduling a cable TV service.

I had to ship a pile of electronics back to the main office last month.  Got a shipping label, had it packed in a box, and was told it would be picked up 'sometime during the day'.. which turned out to be the next morning!

The second time I just cabbed it to the UPS Store, sheesh.

Newtonian Theory of Gravity: figs wrapped in dough weigh you down.

Thursday Morning! Good morning/day/evening, everyone!

A nice, big cup of hazelnut coffee as the sky pees down on us.    Only enough thunder to wake me up, ugh.  Thinking about breakfast, maybe 'Today is a good day to fry'?

Payday tomorrow, most goes into savings with some left for a few supplies.  Looking forward to the weekend so I can assemble furniture and move stufff all around. :|

Complaint:  left knee is sore for no known reason.

Non-complaint: Hot hazelnut coffee!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sky is dripping

edited November 2017
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

It's messy all over! :-o  Chicken Little was right!!

Blueberry Flan flavor coffee now.. odd smell but it does taste like blueberries...

edit: despite having checked 'keep me logged in', the forum software logged me out.  If I wrote software like this I'd be unemployed...

Post edited by NVIATWAS on
  • Tjohn said:

By golly, when I was a boy, all we had was the Newtonian Theory of Gravity, and we liked it!

Back in my day, whatever the Pharaoh said was true and we didn't question it. cheeky

Chocolate Chipotle Mole' coffee... weird weird weird, odd smell, odd flavor, glad there's only one in the box.  I guess they can't all be winners...

Back in MY days, we believed the Snake.. because otherwise you got bit!

• NVIATWAS said:

Chocolate Chipotle Mole' coffee... weird weird weird, odd smell, odd flavor, glad there's only one in the box.  I guess they can't all be winners...

Back in MY days, we believed the Snake.. because otherwise you got bit!

My grandfather used to tell me that back in his day, they believed the bear in the back of the cave. indecision

This discussion has been closed.