Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

@L'Adair

Moving it up and down doesn't make it better but moving it closer to the camera and adjusting the view so the bottom of the plane isn't seen seems to be the only way to hide it, or just turn it off :) I might replace it with a volume sphere or cube and see if that makes it any better.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited November 2017

@Fishtales, I opened Hidden Waterfall Pool and verified the mist is a plane. I tried a number of things and got the mist to look a lot better, I think. I also tweaked the foam on the water, even adding a third which I moved to the other side of the pool from the first two. In the end, I couldn't quite get rid of that line. So I looked at the main prop, and found the material zone for the Pond. I increased both the Bump and Normal Map to 5.0 and was able to introduce a small amount of variance to the pond surface. That helped even more.

What do you think?

Mist, Hidden Waterfall Pool

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited November 2017
    L'Adair said:

I might send tech support images of the hair when larger ears are used, the hair really blows out of proportion, following the ears in size. Surprising because it's an OOT product.

Maybe the information here will help: How to make hair ignore ears

Oh thanks, I'll try that next time. This is the first hair that I've seen with that problem, but of course I don't always do fantasy ears. The trick they discuss is unchecking auto-follow on the ear morphs (which is a pain if you use several ear morphs at once) and not anything to do with the hair, which is odd. And with Marigold hair, the hair is already BEHIND the ears so I was surprised to see the hair blowing up in back of them.

I took a photo of my screen with my iPad, so it looks weird LOL..

IMG_0162.JPG
    1522 x 1740 - 1M
    Post edited by Wonderland on

@L'Adair

That has made a difference. I'm Trying a volume sphere just now.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    edited November 2017

@novica :- I wounder if SY hat and hair helper would work with ears? I'll try later. 

@fishtales :- I noticed that when doing this image. Decided to leave it in this case due to the darkness and I wanted that break. And I added slight red color to the foam to help with that definition. 

Description

Its exit time! Run!

EDIT: Updated Title

Made with...

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2017

@cismic  Very nice! The red tint in the water is neat and really adds to the intensity.

Kallisto for Genesis 3 and 8 Female  has glitches. The Gen8F doesn't work, you have to load the head separately. And when I clicked Apply Lashes to see if it kept them the same or were longer, it put the head back to a wrong version! Mousso is working on it.

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited November 2017
    L'Adair said:

What do you think?

I like your changes!

Taoz said:

... sample using the darkest skin setting, standard gloss and one of the included lights, took less than 6 minutes to render:

Beautiful render. I almost got that package last night - should have now that I see this.

Novica said:

You've been posting some great looking images Novica. You certainly have control of lighting!

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited November 2017

I've been buying stuff but have been mostly focused on learning dForce. Here's my most recent, using negative gravity on a primitive cube slightly adjusted with a D-former:

dForce stool sitting 2 with dform.jpg
    800 x 600 - 370K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • pruggipruggi Posts: 151
    Novica said:

@cismic  Very nice! The red tint in the water is neat and really adds to the intensity.

Kallisto for Genesis 3 and 8 Female  has glitches. The Gen8F doesn't work, you have to load the head separately. And when I clicked Apply Lashes to see if it kept them the same or were longer, it put the head back to a wrong version! Mihrelle is working on it.

Thanks for the heads up Novica - I have her in my cart right now, as I really liked the promo pics - and now that I see her in your render., I'm liking her even more.

@rgcincy  Well, thanks, but this is just the standard Pro-Studio HDRI lighting and trying to limit the ones I use so folks can compare them using a set standard. It's helpful when looking at the African American or darker skins. 

@ladair  Your changes make a HUGE difference. But we shouldn't have to twiddle with it at all, that's annoying. That plane is ultra-obvious.

edited November 2017

@rgcincy- WOW. Just wow. That looks so darned good!

@pruggi  I think you'll like this one too. It shows what she looks like from an average distance. I would best describe her as very feminine with a aura of confidence.  I did add the longer lashes and makeup, and her "natural" look is quite a bit softer. Really nice.

Kallisto for Genesis 3 and 8 Female        Chosen Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

kallisto 2.png
    600 x 800 - 671K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

@rgcincy- WOW. Just wow. That looks so darned good!

@pruggi  I think you'll like this one too. It shows what she looks like from an average distance. I would best describe her as very feminine with a aura of confidence.  I did add the longer lashes and makeup, and her "natural" look is quite a bit softer. Really nice.

Kallisto for Genesis 3 and 8 Female        Chosen Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Oh yeaaa, I really like this, very nice render! She's looking very regal and I can already envision some great scenes with her in it. But, holy cow, how you crank these renders out is beyond me! I'm with @Wonderland with my iMac rendering speeds and waiting a minute to even get an iray preview to test out the lighting!

I've been buying stuff but have been mostly focused on learning dForce. Here's my most recent, using negative gravity on a primitive cube slightly adjusted with a D-former:

RGcincy said:

@rgcincy The depressions on the cushions enhance this image. Pretty cool

thanks Novica and cismic 

I do like the depressions - makes it look like the figure is actually interacting with the cushion rather than just being perched on top of a hard surface

Fishtales said:

@L'Adair

That has made a difference. I'm Trying a volume sphere just now.

RGcincy said:
    L'Adair said:

What do you think?

I like your changes!

If I put the image up in my Gallery and add the .duf file, will you get all of my changes if you download the duf? That would be a lot easier than detailing all the tweaks I did to the mist and foam objects, and the Pond material zone.

Novica said:

Kallisto for Genesis 3 and 8 Female  has glitches. The Gen8F doesn't work, you have to load the head separately. And when I clicked Apply Lashes to see if it kept them the same or were longer, it put the head back to a wrong version! Mousso is working on it.

@novica :- Very nice image. BTW, just received an email that my image was removed for TOS violation. Not sure if it does or not. 

edited November 2017
    cismic said:
    Novica said:

@novica :- Very nice image. BTW, just received an email that my image was removed for TOS violation. Not sure if it does or not. 

I think it was the severed man that triggered it. I had one removed that contained it too.

Post edited by Chohole on
    cismic said:

That would be the headless and armless body in the background. Too much gore for Daz. Put the image up on your deviant art page, (if you don't have one, it may be time to sign up... lol,) then you can put a link to it in your comment.

I'm glad I got to see it before they pulled it down, though I think something a bit more subtle than the mutilated corpse whould actually enhance the image and still give the overall feel of the area being a dangerous place to be.

L'Adair said:
    cismic said:

That would be the headless and armless body in the background. Too much gore for Daz. Put the image up on your deviant art page, (if you don't have one, it may be time to sign up... lol,) then you can put a link to it in your comment.

I'm glad I got to see it before they pulled it down, though I think something a bit more subtle than the mutilated corpse whould actually enhance the image and still give the overall feel of the area being a dangerous place to be.

@fishtales @L'Adair  I know it's interesting that we purchased this image too! https://www.daz3d.com/severed-man the samurai that should get banned. :-) 

edited November 2017

Here's a render using Laverne for Monique 8, Darwins Mishap(s)'s beautiful Scion skin and finally trying out the Genesis 8 UV Swap!

Post edited by pruggi on

@pruggi  Exquisite, love the lighting particularly on the arm to our right. Very nice soft glow. Perfect hair choice too.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,154
    edited November 2017

Well you did it again, @Novica - yesterday you made me buy that Pascale Hair and today you made me buy Kallisto! Lovely renders of both. So my store credit line hates you angry! (But of course I love you really laugh)

@pruggi - I love that UV-swapped Scion lady, great render.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited November 2017

Thanks to Merlin we have The Night Before Christimas freebie. One ribbon is a bit sharp edged, I postworked and blended it into the background. It's the large blue package on our left. It's not a separate ribbon, so I didn't apply a smoother. It IS a separate material zone so you could remove it completely. 

presentsByMerlin.png
    800 x 500 - 648K
    Post edited by Novica on

@Novica and @MelanieL , thanks a lot for the nice feedback, I'm loving Laverne and Scion is one of my all-time favorites :)

• Does anyone have any experience with Pose Blender (one of today's daily spotlight items)? It's really tempting, especially because I'm extremely picky about poses, but it seems really intimidating.

MelanieL said:

Well you did it again, @Novica - yesterday you made me buy that Pascale Hair and today you made me buy Kallisto! Lovely renders of both. So my store credit line hates you angry! (But of course I love you really laugh)

It's actually subliminal messages embedded in the product page saying "Buy me. Blame Novica."  

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited November 2017

Does anyone have any experience with Pose Blender (one of today's daily spotlight items)? It's really tempting, especially because I'm extremely picky about poses, but it seems really intimidating.

Don't be intimidated.  I love it and its not difficult to figure out.  Plus, the vendor is really responsive to answering questions.  I think they may have a thread in the commercial section as well.  I'll see if I can track it down for you.

Okay here is the thread.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Oh geez. 17,000 posts. back atcha, YOUR fault @melanieL

Does anyone have any experience with Pose Blender (one of today's daily spotlight items)? It's really tempting, especially because I'm extremely picky about poses, but it seems really intimidating.

It seems the examples used .50 and .70 for blending, so it may be a click preset (such as blend 20%, blend 30%, etc) or there may be morph sliders. If you're getting a good discount you might want to try it. RiverSoft Art is a great vendor and the products are usually straightforward. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I like the night before christmas set! The mince pie and the champagne make me smile. I'm going to have to do a render with those.

This discussion has been closed.