The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

yeah all well with mine cheers LX.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

how are we going to do the voting? just post the name of the artist we like best? or by PM?

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

May I ask if the contest is still running or it is closed ?

edited December 1969

Info is on the very first page but it is now closed.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

Thank you. (I ve read the ending date over)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

how are we going to do the voting? just post the name of the artist we like best? or by PM?

I thought the community vote was a total of top three? So do we pick our top three or do we just pick one?

edited December 1969

all the info needed as to how many is on the first page, how we vote is the only peice of info missing now. :)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    all the info needed as to how many is on the first page, how we vote is the only peice of info missing now. :)

On the first page it says that there are three winners for the community choice. That part I understand. But how those three winners are picked I do not understand.

Option 1: We all submit our top pick. Only One image. The image with the most votes wins first, second highest and so on.
    Option 2: We all submit our top three. The images with most votes wins first, second highest and so on.

Other unknown factors are rules on voting for your own image, whether or not non-competing members of DAZ should be allowed to vote, etc.

Hypothetically speaking, if everyone voted their own image, it would not be a very good race. If people who did not compete voted it might also not be fair because it could introduce external factors of who can lobby the most support from their friend base.

Sorry if this is rehashing stuff brought up a couple weeks back, but I still am not clear on the rules for the community vote at this point.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    how we vote is the only peice of info missing now. :)
    hence why I said this. :)
  • WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

I was wondering that myself. I was hoping to enter this contest, but work took me away from play, so my idea never got past a first general set up.

In reading Stonemason's post, it appears we are suppose to list our top three in order in the clean "voting" thread rather than PM someone, but I can understand why we are all hesitant to be the first until there is confirmation that is what is intended.

• sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Since the voting is open to all forum members, shouldn't there be some kind of attention grabbing announcement and also a voting cutoff time?

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:
    Since the voting is open to all forum members, shouldn't there be some kind of attention grabbing announcement and also a voting cutoff time?

Possibly renaming the clean thread with an added "voting open!" or something like that, now that it is stickied?

edited December 1969

done, its changed

edited December 1969

done, its changed

Very cool, that was fast :)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

From the voting thread:

thanks LycanthropeX for uploading all the images!

This thread is for anyone on the daz forum to vote ,thanks to all who entered and good luck in the community vote.
    Select your 3 best images and add them in order, with the first being your favourite image

images chosen will receive the following prizes:

Community Challenge First Place : any 30 models from the Stonemason catalogue
    Community Challenge Second Place : any 20 models from the Stonemason catalogue
    Community Challenge Third Place : any 10 models from the Stonemason catalogue

Please post any questions here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15430/

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Wow. I'm overly critical at the best of times, and sorting out three favorite images from all those is still going to be nigh-impossible. This contest was just spectacular.

edited December 1969

i'm not sure what was tougher, doing my own images for this contest, or choosing which 3 of you folks images i like the best. most excellent work by all, good luck everyone

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited April 2013

It was definitely a challenge. Picking the short list of the top 15 was tough but doable, but then narrowing down from those, to just three, really required some additional careful examination of the images. There's a lot of worthy images.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

now we are picking 8, Stonemason asked we pick 8 now

edited December 1969

I already voted for three. Should I do a new entry adding five more or go back and edit the original, if that's possible?

edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:
    I already voted for three. Should I do a new entry adding five more or go back and edit the original, if that's possible?

edit your original post and add 5 more

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can Edit any of your own post. Even a Title for a thread as long as you started it.

edited December 1969

Thanks, edited to reflect eight.

But as I looked at the recent voting, I saw that some people are providing links rather than entry numbers. The vote counting is going to be more difficult if people don't provide an obvious way to know which image is being voted for. But maybe whoever counts the votes won't mind spending the extra time tracking down which image is at the link, then seeing what the entry number is.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

Or maybe a kind Mod or Admin might find time to edit those posts and add the numbers as the other voters have done.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:

But as I looked at the recent voting, I saw that some people are providing links rather than entry numbers. The vote counting is going to be more difficult if people don't provide an obvious way to know which image is being voted for. But maybe whoever counts the votes won't mind spending the extra time tracking down which image is at the link, then seeing what the entry number is.

I didn't notice any entry numbers, I just provided a link and specified first or second image.

edited December 1969

Little story: I'm sitting my laptop, moving my 30 or so favorite entries in and out of a folder I created called "Final 8".
    My wife calls out to me: "Just pick!"
    I say, "It's not easy!"
    And then she pauses and says, "It can be..." with a kind of scary tone in her voice. So... I think I need to make a decision pretty quickly now. But it's still not easy.

edited December 1969

wwes said:
    sfaa69 said:

I didn't notice any entry numbers, I just provided a link and specified first or second image.

Thread entry numbers. Right hand corner of your post. We are in the 1180' s on this thread.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:
    wwes said:
    sfaa69 said:

Thread entry numbers. Right hand corner of your post. We are in the 1180' s on this thread.

I guess I was just confused by the terminology. I thought the thread entry number was the same as a link to the post. But for those that entered twice, you'd still have to specify first or second picture. We are probably just saying the same thing in a different way. :)

edited December 1969

wwes said:
    sfaa69 said:
    wwes said:
    sfaa69 said:

I guess I was just confused by the terminology. I thought the thread entry number was the same as a link to the post. But for those that entered twice, you'd still have to specify first or second picture. We are probably just saying the same thing in a different way. :)

Which reminds me of a story. During WWII, government officials at a certain agency were getting frustrated at research scientists submitting their results in the metric system, usually in cm/sec. After they rather haughtily reminded the scientists that all data was to be submitted using the Engtlish system, the next report showed results in furlongs/fortnight.
    So, yes, you can say the same thing in different ways.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...so how long do we have to make our choices?

Slow going with my slow connection having to load so many imaged per page.