• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

warm odea, draft stopper

but can cats be trusted to stay on the job?

I am going to bid for this Tea cosy on ebay.  Hope this cat can be trusted to keep myy teapot warm

cat would purr on a warm brown betty

https://youtu.be/FlSdydzNbAA

Brown Betty

is a trick matching tea cosy to fit the brown betty size?

Tea cosies are in the main made for larger size teapots.  You can buy a few for smaller sized ones, and they will say small or 2 cup or whatever in the sales decription.

The one I use for my larger Brown Betty shaped teapot is abot 12" wide and 10" tall    This is for a pot big enough to make 3 and a half average size mugs of tea.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,080
    Chohole said:

DanaTA said:

I can't get an answer elsewhere...what are the size limitations for attachment images?  File size and pixel size (dimensions).

Dana

I think I am right in saying the size is 2k pixels, but we ask that you restrict the width to 800 pixels for forum display. If you do it correctly it will come up to full size when clicked.
    MB size I do have a feeling that Misty may be right.   Try it and see

OK   I went and checked one post I knew had larger images and it is indeed 2k pixels width and 2mb

Thanks.  I got it.  Had to bring the screen caputers into Photoshop and shrink their dimensions to 60%.  That worked.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

3 and a half will last me half way to noon.smiley

put up my chrristmas tree.  no topper yet.  topperless sprig is like the alfalfa of christmas trees

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Sunlight dripping like golden syrup on green leafed trees and oozing into formerly dingy laneways and hot as a taste of summer starts to bite a little after dawn :)

It was all good until the oozing bit...!

Wheee, Amazon delivers!  Got my jasmine green tea, my fancy shaving soap, and one heck of a warm fuzzy soft Sherpa fleece hoodie!  I say neener-neener to Winter!  Just waiting on the flavored coffee now.

Trying to decide on Thanksgiving dinner.. cooking for one on holidays is a challenge.  I was thinking of cooking sourdough stuffing with turkey sausage and then soaking the results with turkey gravy.  I can cook all that in the air fryer cook pan without issue.  Otherwise it's a turkey pot pie or going out to Threadgills with the rest of the lonely singles...

Other than that, getting sick and tired of typing but it has to be done.  I'm trying to get my boss to find a reviewer but things are kind of chaotic so it might be next week before they get someone, and that's cutting it close.

Friday is payday, and that'll be 2 months of bill money plus some left over.  Paycheck after this one will go for software development tools, then there's one four-day check to cover an end-of-contract party at home and a few goodies.

Sooooo tired of writing documentation, oh hi Yawnulous snzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,157
    edited November 2017

Non-complaint:  I'm proud of myself, I didn't completely wipe out my budget and sacrifice my future.   My birthday is Sunday and I owe myself one more thing.   I stayed up until midnight last night to take part in an on-line auction of some wonderful things.  I had one thing in particular that I was after and I had to wait as they offered each item in turn.  Nobody was bidding! surprise  Almost every item would come up at its minimum bid price then 30 seconds later after no bids it would be taken down.  If I had a few thousand to spend I could have gotten an entire store of things.  Admittedly the minimum bids were reasonable but still less that what it would cost for that item in a specialty shop that carried it.  The things up for auction were various bronze figurines, ranging from $50 to $5,000 but many of them were under $250.  I set myself a limit of $100 and watched many wonderful $100 objects pass in front of my hungry eyes and my trembling fingers, knowing that with just a flick of a tiny muscle I could have that thing and the next thing, and the next thing,...  But I was patient and waited for my special thing (a small bronze owl on marble base),.. Flick goes my finger and I wait through a tormenting 30 seconds and then it's mine!  Yea! smiley  Not the finest example of bronze artworks but a very nice little owl. yes At this time it's about 2:00 AM and I'm tired as hell and about to shut down the computer when on the screen I notice a fabulous large(ish) bronze horse Pegasus and Perseus with the head of Medussa hanging from his belt.  Absolutely exquisite work!  Easily worth $800 to $1,200.   I'm in love.  And then it comes to the auction block,... nobody's bidding surprise..., and it's only $470,... and my finger's itching to move,... and my head is calculating that there's enough left in my savings, but can I justify it, and will I regret "getting it" or "missing it" more,... and the time is ticking by,... and nobody's bidding,...  it could be mine,... and at the last second I decide "NO" and pull my finger away.  Yes, I regret not now owning that beautiful work of art but I don't NEED it and can't justify the expense and it's just a pleasure knowing that it exists and since it didn't sell I might still have a chance of getting it some other day. devil

Bronze-Owl-PerseusPegasusMedusa_sm.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 176K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Pegasus and Pericles with the head of Medussa hanging from his belt.

Pericles (Athenian politician) or Perseus (Greek mythological hero)?

edited November 2017

Pegasus and Pericles with the head of Medussa hanging from his belt.

Oops, you're right, too many "P"s.  And the Auction title for it had it wrong also. frown  I've been trying to upload the picture of it but the forum is giving me grief.  (butI had the name right on the picture)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,549
    Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...transit complaint. 

After my Sunday game group session, headed to my hangout in the old hood which was on the way. Set up a schedule on the Transit system's trip planner for the trip home from there according to which I was supposed to get a bus at twelve after ten which would make a connection with the streetcar that dropped me of less than a half block from home.  So at about five minutes after the hour, paid my tab and went out to wait for the bus which stopped right on the corner in front.  Pulled up a tracker app we have and watched the time count down until the that bus was supposed to arrive.  Well., it never did.  When the tracking system indicated that bus was two minutes late it refreshed and flipped to showing 33 min for the next arrival (basically the bus I was waiting for "disappeared" off the face of the earth). This meant instead of being able to take the streetcar home from downtown, I had to walk through a relatively shady area of town known as "Old Town" (as the streetcar ceased operations by then), to get home...in the rain.  Not very happy to say the least.  Going to give the transit system an earful tomorrow about this.

Given all the tmes they stiffed me like this, I should get an annual pass for free.

That blows!  Tulsa Transit had a tracker app, mostly for amusement as it ran about 10 minutes behind and buses would teleport miles at a time.According to reviews it actually increased the number of customer service calls!!

This entire country needs better transit, period.  Grrrr.

Uber rickshaws.

..but even that would probably be be more than I can afford and I'd have to leave my card number on their system. Just waiting for them to get hacked (and it will happen just like it did to PayPal and Amazon).

Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

warm odea, draft stopper

I am going to bid for this Tea cosy on ebay.  Hope this cat can be trusted to keep myy teapot warm

Brown Betty

...have one of those in storage.

NVIATWAS said:

Is the blue pill the good pill?

Depends on which dream you're happy in.

I go for the purple pill... erm...

...yes

NVIATWAS said:

Cold pizza with lots of garlic might have been an unwise breakfast choice.. burping up garlic and tea... ugh...

Snake In The Toilet Blues

Well I got up this morning

Not too much to see

Headed for the bathroom

For my morning pee

Flipped up the lid

Did a double take

Laying there in the bowl

Was a big ol' rattlesnake

Oh baby, I got those

Snake in my toilet blues

From he looks of things

He was just takin' a snooze

...bravo. 

ps1borg said:

Morning. Sunlight dripping like golden syrup on green leafed trees and oozing into formerly dingy laneways and hot as a taste of summer starts to bite a little after dawn :)

...already miss those mornings.  Here it's just grey and wet (and today windy as well).

edited November 2017

...slept in a bit long this morning, brekkie was more like brunch. Joints and bones ache terrible as there's a big low pressure system off the coast.  Wet stuff on the way later tonight, a slight break tomorrow, then a deluge Wednesday and Thursday.  Need to head to the Market. in a bit.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...transit complaint. 

After my Sunday game group session, headed to my hangout in the old hood which was on the way. Set up a schedule on the Transit system's trip planner for the trip home from there according to which I was supposed to get a bus at twelve after ten which would make a connection with the streetcar that dropped me of less than a half block from home.  So at about five minutes after the hour, paid my tab and went out to wait for the bus which stopped right on the corner in front.  Pulled up a tracker app we have and watched the time count down until the that bus was supposed to arrive.  Well., it never did.  When the tracking system indicated that bus was two minutes late it refreshed and flipped to showing 33 min for the next arrival (basically the bus I was waiting for "disappeared" off the face of the earth). This meant instead of being able to take the streetcar home from downtown, I had to walk through a relatively shady area of town known as "Old Town" (as the streetcar ceased operations by then), to get home...in the rain.  Not very happy to say the least.  Going to give the transit system an earful tomorrow about this.

Given all the tmes they stiffed me like this, I should get an annual pass for free.

That blows!  Tulsa Transit had a tracker app, mostly for amusement as it ran about 10 minutes behind and buses would teleport miles at a time.According to reviews it actually increased the number of customer service calls!!

This entire country needs better transit, period.  Grrrr.

Uber rickshaws.

..but even that would probably be be more than I can afford and I'd have to leave my card number on their system. Just waiting for them to get hacked (and it will happen just like it did to PayPal and Amazon).

PayPal wasn't hacked.  But eBay was.

Dana

...I remember reading a story a couple years ago that they were, or something else happened which threatened to compromise people's information. 

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...already miss those mornings.  Here it's just grey and wet (and today windy as well).

We”re going to get some weather later in the week, there is a bunch of squished up isobars closing in from south and west but right now is 90 degrees or so in the shade with a hot north wind blowing :)

NVIATWAS said:
    ps1borg said:

It was all good until the oozing bit...!

Some combination of low sun filtered through green leaves and the angle changing as I moved past turning that alleyway a sinister dappled green:)

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

We”re going to get some weather later in the week, there is a bunch of squished up isobars closing in from south and west but right now is 90 degrees or so in the shade with a hot north wind blowing :)

...for myself here on the other side of he equator, "hot north wind" just doesn't sound right.  Then again having grown up along the western shore of Lake Michigan, it took some getting used to the fact that warm winds came from the east and the cold ones from the southwest.

kyoto kid said:

...I remember reading a story a couple years ago that they were, or something else happened which threatened to compromise people's information. 

What I've seen a lot of is people getting hacked due to their own lack of good security practices, and then blaming it on PayPal, or what ever place where they made a transaction.  If you make a habit of browsing a retail site that is not secure, then putting something in the cart...and then when you hit the Check Out button, it turns to secure mode...well, people think they're safe.  But the fact is, if you started in non-secure mode and then were transferred to a secure page, a man-in-the-middle attack is possible, and quite often does happen.  It is one reason when Google and others are starting to point out the fact that a site is not secure, and why many sites are finally using their SSL certificates on their entire sites, not just the checkout page.  It doesn't matter where you are tranferred from that unsecure page, if someone is watching your actions you are unsafe.  I think this has happened a lot and people blame PayPal.

And as I said, eBay was hacked.  Since they were a merged company for a while, I think a lot of people assumed that PayPal was also hacked.  It wasn't, but try telling that to some people.  Because two companies merged doesn't mean they both used the same software on their servers.  That often happens, but after a long period of software conversions.  Sometimes they just don't bother because it is a lot of trouble, and sometimes ends in failure of not only the conversion, but the company.

Dana

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Humidity?

Dana

DanaTA said:

And as I said, eBay was hacked.  Since they were a merged company for a while, I think a lot of people assumed that PayPal was also hacked.  It wasn't, but try telling that to some people.  Because two companies merged doesn't mean they both used the same software on their servers.  That often happens, but after a long period of software conversions.  Sometimes they just don't bother because it is a lot of trouble, and sometimes ends in failure of not only the conversion, but the company.

Dana

...ah looking back that probably was what I read then. Still, any site is hackable and the biggest targets tend to be the ones most people use.

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Humidity?

Dana

30% & 85 deg an hour after sunset :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,001
    edited November 2017

Non-complaint:  I'm proud of myself, I didn't completely wipe out my budget and sacrifice my future.   My birthday is Sunday and I owe myself one more thing.   I stayed up until midnight last night to take part in an on-line auction of some wonderful things.  I had one thing in particular that I was after and I had to wait as they offered each item in turn.  Nobody was bidding! surprise  Almost every item would come up at its minimum bid price then 30 seconds later after no bids it would be taken down.  If I had a few thousand to spend I could have gotten an entire store of things.  Admittedly the minimum bids were reasonable but still less that what it would cost for that item in a specialty shop that carried it.  The things up for auction were various bronze figurines, ranging from $50 to $5,000 but many of them were under $250.  I set myself a limit of $100 and watched many wonderful $100 objects pass in front of my hungry eyes and my trembling fingers, knowing that with just a flick of a tiny muscle I could have that thing and the next thing, and the next thing,...  But I was patient and waited for my special thing (a small bronze owl on marble base),.. Flick goes my finger and I wait through a tormenting 30 seconds and then it's mine!  Yea! smiley  Not the finest example of bronze artworks but a very nice little owl. yes At this time it's about 2:00 AM and I'm tired as hell and about to shut down the computer when on the screen I notice a fabulous large(ish) bronze horse Pegasus and Perseus with the head of Medussa hanging from his belt.  Absolutely exquisite work!  Easily worth $800 to $1,200.   I'm in love.  And then it comes to the auction block,... nobody's bidding surprise..., and it's only $470,... and my finger's itching to move,... and my head is calculating that there's enough left in my savings, but can I justify it, and will I regret "getting it" or "missing it" more,... and the time is ticking by,... and nobody's bidding,...  it could be mine,... and at the last second I decide "NO" and pull my finger away.  Yes, I regret not now owning that beautiful work of art but I don't NEED it and can't justify the expense and it's just a pleasure knowing that it exists and since it didn't sell I might still have a chance of getting it some other day. devil

The Coke™ can makes it look much more authentic. smiley I like the Owl better anyway, really. Less busy and will add a nicer vibe to a room. yes

Post edited by TJohn on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,001

Pegasus and Pericles with the head of Medussa hanging from his belt.

Potayto, potahto. smiley

edited November 2017
    Tjohn said:

The Coke™ can makes it look much more authentic. smiley I like the Owl better anyway, really. Less busy and will add a nicer vibe to a room. yes

Yeah, the owl is cute, smaller (half the size) and affordable.  The Pegasus & Perseus is a little large but I don't really have shelf space to display it properly here.  It would have looked great in the big city condo of a successful engineer & athletic leatherman/motorcylist with a Tom of Finland Mohawk haircut whose frequently visiting  friends were all sophisticated people and mostly gay.yes  In fact I've had several large bronzes of a similar masculine nature over the years.  Unfortunately, after 2001 I had to sell all the big ones one-by-one in order to eat for a decade.  Now I live in a tiny farm town where the concept of art doesn't go past country music, velvet paintings, and ceramic figurines from Walmart.  All my gay friends are dead, I never have visitors, am a fat, bald, old fart and sit here surrounded by what's left of my collections remembering the grand adventures of a quarter century ago, now taking joy in the mini-adventure of adding even something small. smiley I still have a few small animal bronzes, and many carved stone & mineral animal figurines and paintings & signed lithographs from artists I've known. My biggest concern now is what to do with them when I'm gone.  They need to go to somebody who appreciates them.  But I don't know anybody around here who cares for things like this.  They'll probably end up in some on-line auction. frown  (aaand... we've come full circle)

kyoto kid said:

...slept in a bit long this morning, brekkie was more like brunch. Joints and bones ache terrible as there's a big low pressure system off the coast.  Wet stuff on the way later tonight, a slight break tomorrow, then a deluge Wednesday and Thursday.  Need to head to the Market. in a bit.

Stay warm and dry!!!! :)

Today's complaint: flavored coffe delivery is late!! Gosh darn it!!!

Cool and sunny as heck - window open again.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,664

My complaint is that the pain killer I took this morning is not kicking in, it seems.  Right now I feel like I am Miss Grumpy (as if Snow White was gender-reversed and all the drarves were female and Snow White was actually a dude.)  If so I would be Miss Grumpy, but I have to work in a little over an hour and they do not need Miss Grumpy or Miss Dopey, they need Miss Happy.  Where is Doc to help me feel better but not so I will be Miss Sleepy or Miss Dopey.  DO NOT want to become Miss Sneaezy. 

Oops I forgot Miss Bashful.   Wait I will ask is the plural for Dwarf; Dwarfs or Dwarves?  I feel like it is Dawarves but I am not sure now.

Now I am picturing Chris Hemsworth as Mr. Snow White.  Oh Chris Hemsworth is such a hottie!  Sigh!  Maybe I should look at pictures of hot guys in order to help me through thtis ordeal I am going through right now.  I want a Hot Guy for my dream boyfriend.   

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

warm odea, draft stopper

Brown Betty

...have one of those in storage.

not the center piece of your tea table?

This discussion has been closed.