Space Explorer Uniforms matching male and female!

PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
edited November 2017 in The Commons

Finally! A uniform that matches for male and female!
Without smexy cutouts or spike heels!
Aaaaand, it's for G8 only.
So close...

Maybe we'll get spacesuits next? Or construction worker outfits? Or police uniforms?
Maybe for G3 and G8?
A man can dream.

Post edited by Petercat on

Comments

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

I was excited to see them, too. I have them on my wishlist in case someone(Sicklleyeild?) makes a clone to fit G8 clothes to G3. I don't normally buy Iray only products either, but I WILL make it work for me! I like your dream of those outfits for both G3 and G8.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited November 2017

It takes about 5 minutes to make your one G8F/M clones. The instructions are in the G3 G8 morph transfer thread. They work well because the shapes are so similar. 

Ciao

TD

Edit to add link: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176271/morphs-from-g3-to-g8/p1

2nd Edit to add direct link to Sickleyields tutorial:  https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

Post edited by thd777 on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I was really happy to see those this morning.

Too bad I don't do enough sci-fi to justify getting them right now.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

The materials are hard to view in the dim promo lighting. Is the suit leather or some Fabric?

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Appears to be a combination of leather and stretchy-looking fabric. If you look at the promo images for the product, the outfits have several color options and the lighter ones show off the fabric types better.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712

As a scifi fan I'd like to be excited, but this suit has a flaw that pretty much says thread groups like the Star Trek group won't touch it as much as expected. That chest piece screams 'designed by Tony Stark Entrerprises' or 'Shoot me here.'    It's it's a bump or displacement map, then great, I'm wrong. But if not then these suits won't make the transition and have the lasting use like the V4/M4 Couradeous and Valient outfits do.

Those older suits are still being used today on G3 due to their versatility and still have new conceptualised textures made for them.

Sorry but these suit are much like the bodysuits with holes coming out these days. Bits and pieces the hobbiests really don't want I believe there was even a thread discussing it.  

My wish is for an updated Courageous and Valient that uses the same old texture maps. No holes, no lines, no twists...simple.

I'm not fond of the chest emblem either. But I did buy the outfit. I'm curious if it can be hidden.

• If all else fails a simple GeoGraft could patch it out.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

@Richard Haseltine - Which geograft tutorial or tutorials would you recommend?  I want to do something similar for another item.

• Essnetially, from memory:

Export as OBJ and open in a modeller

Select the loop of edges or polygons (depending on the mdoeller) around the area with the emblem, delete the mesh inside it

Fill in the hole - the method will depend on the modeller, you may be able to select the edge loop, extrude once or twice, and then create a new polygon in the middle (the idea being to have enough polygons to follow the figure as it bends and morphs).

UV the new mesh so it fits into the existing maps (which you will then edit to have a flat colour, or whatever you like).

Delete all but the new mesh and export.

Import into DS and rig, using the Transfer Utility, then Fit To if it isn't

With the Geometry Editor select the polygons to be removed by the graft, right-click>Geometry Assignment>Set AutoHide faces for Attachment, and select the geoGraft.

With the Geometry Editor, select the loop around the area to be removed, right-click>Geomtery Assignment>Set Weld faces for Attachment, and pick the GeoGraft

• thd777 said:

It takes about 5 minutes to make your one G8F/M clones. The instructions are in the G3 G8 morph transfer thread. They work well because the shapes are so similar. 

Ciao

TD

Edit to add link: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176271/morphs-from-g3-to-g8/p1

2nd Edit to add direct link to Sickleyields tutorial:  https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

Yes, this works nearly flawlessly and is super quick and simple. I've only had one issue in the numerous outfits converted from G8 to G3.
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Thank you.   yesyes

Essnetially, from memory:

Select the loop of edges or polygons (depending on the mdoeller) around the area with the emblem, delete the mesh inside it

Fill in the hole - the method will depend on the modeller, you may be able to select the edge loop, extrude once or twice, and then create a new polygon in the middle (the idea being to have enough polygons to follow the figure as it bends and morphs).

UV the new mesh so it fits into the existing maps (which you will then edit to have a flat colour, or whatever you like).

With the Geometry Editor select the polygons to be removed by the graft, right-click>Geometry Assignment>Set AutoHide faces for Attachment, and select the geoGraft.

With the Geometry Editor, select the loop around the area to be removed, right-click>Geomtery Assignment>Set Weld faces for Attachment, and pick the GeoGraft

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    Petercat said:

Finally! A uniform that matches for male and female!
    Without smexy cutouts or spike heels!
    Aaaaand, it's for G8 only.
    So close...

Maybe we'll get spacesuits next? Or construction worker outfits? Or police uniforms?
    Maybe for G3 and G8?
    A man can dream.

did you have a look at the obsidian warriors, male / female are the same and there is a g3 adn a g8 version ( different textures but you can use them on both sets once you have them as far as I know)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Richard Haseltine

With respect, which of these instructions was simple? Especially when one doesn't have "a modeller"? wink

Or wait for something better that suits the needs, maybe the PA or another PA will see this as one voice to many other voices that don't speak up to what is looked for.

To quote a friend of mine. "The true fun of such things is where you can go with it, not following the course that someone else has set." 

Simplicity is what attracts people to use a product and make its use and value greater.

I appreciate the tutorial but I prefer and want a simple product that does the job the first time, you'd be surprised how many others are looking for the same thing when they sit down to this as a hobby. Modeling programs...I suck at those anyway. You should see what my day job is...

-Paul

Wish list: Updated Courageous and Valiant for G3 and G8.

• Thank you, very much, for creating matching uniforms for male and female!  I've been looking for this for a story for quite a while, now.  Only problem for me is that my story uses G2 figures.  Is it at all possible to fit G8 clothing to G2?  Thanks in advance!

• fastbike1 said:

@Richard Haseltine

With respect, which of these instructions was simple? Especially when one doesn't have "a modeller"? wink

Someone who does have a modeller could make a suitable GeoGraft - though they couldn't include modified maps so it would need new maps or to cheat by mapping the graft to a plainish area of the existing maps and hope that didn't create a visible discontinuity. Of course in the case of this outfit the whole idea may be superfluous, it depends how the emblem is implemented.

edited November 2017

I’ll check it out when I get home. Maybe it will be a mat zone and there will be fabric underneath

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Could you post a screenshot of the outfit in either the "wire shaded" or smooth shaded" preview window?
    I'm getting the feeling based on looking at the promo renders that all the detail bits including the ironman chest are created using some combination of Bump, Displacement , and Normal Maps.

If this is the case, it could be as easy as modifying the materials in an image editor program.

Agreed. I’ll check it out but it will be a while I’m still at work and my rendering time is later in the evening.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited November 2017

It is on the texture not the mesh

This is that area with another shader applied

Untitled-1.png
    800 x 534 - 182K
    test123.png
    1087 x 748 - 466K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on

Great. That makes it easy. I like the camo texture.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

I was just looking for a quick shader that would stand out, but I like it too smiley

Thank you for the added pictures showing the wire mesh...the advertisements; especially the clay imagry were quite deceptive as those I would think were meant to show the outfit in it's base untouched format.

Wishlisted for a later use and reminder it's there.

-Paul

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

These suits eluded me totally. If not for this thread, I wouldn't even have notized them. The promos are somehow lackluster. Definitely useful, off they go into my cart.