The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    DanaTA said:

Boston!  I think they're rent prices are astounding.  I saw a single parking space for rent once...it was more than the cost of my 3 bedroom house!!!  Just a parking space!  I would never want to live in Boston!

Dana

If you're crazy enough to drive in Boston...

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    kyoto kid said:

...actually looking more at Croatia Slovenia, and Montenegro.  With the current unrest in Spain I've taken that nation off the list as the places I was looking at are close to Catalonia

Don't rule out Romania, cost of living is very low, weather is okay, scenery is beautiful and people are very nice. I was considering that move, myself.

But I have issues with some European policies.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2017

‘perhaps if they get to lay down once in a while :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    DanaTA said:

Boston!  I think they're rent prices are astounding.  I saw a single parking space for rent once...it was more than the cost of my 3 bedroom house!!!  Just a parking space!  I would never want to live in Boston!

Dana

I actually spent a year there in the late 80's on a big road motorcycle that I'd bought ten years before in Texas.
    I wanted to stay longer, but to register the bike in MA, I would have had to pay the difference in sales taxes
    between Texas and MA from when I bought the bike! It would have cost me almost a thousand dollars.
    It cost me far less than that for the fuel to get the heck out of the northeast.

I had an issue with my taxi, that was becoming a problem.   Today I work unitl 4pm and I scheduled a 4:45 trip from work. The taxi wanted to change the pick up to four pm.  I work in a wonderful mall and it is the festive busy holiday season.  I am scheduled to four, which does not mean that I will be ready to go.  It means I clock out at the earliest at four because it will be busy.  I do go through a 3rd party to schedule my trips.  I had to make this schedule for this weekend by Thursday.  I want to see a movie today and I looked at my work schedule and the movie times to plan out the right times.  I wrote the specific times for the trips on a piece of paper so I will get them right.  Also I wrote down the movie that I want to see.  I am planing on going to a 5:10 movie today and I get off at 4pm.  I estimated that if I leave at 4:45pm I can get to the theatre in enough time to get the movie ticket and find a seat.  It should give me enough time to eat my dinner at the mall. 

I estimate the movie will end an hour and fifty minutes from five ten, which will be seven pm so I scheduled a 7:10 trip home.  I put in the calculations ten to twenty minutes of previews.   Why do they show so many previews?  I tend to have seen the same preview several times since I go to the movies so frequently since I have a movie pass thing that gives me a chance to watch movies at a cost to me about five dollars per movie.  That is unless I get popcorn.

I never get soda as I have taught myself to hate soda.   I am still working on loving water.  I am almost there. I am drinking a lemonade tea mix plus a cup of water.

Oh my! look at the time!  It is T minus 13 minutes to clock in time.  That means my finger on the clock in machine and I am ready to work.

Got to wonder why taxi scheduling is a world wide nightmare :)

ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

dunno if i'm awake or dreaming. or neither

Whole year seemed like that to me, need a holiday real bad :)

Same. My husband and I are fold of saying "there's a glitch in the matrix" theses days to try and explain how things can be so crazy.

Every workday I wonder whether it will be a red pill or a blue pill day:)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Most people who live in Boston don't drive.  They walk or take the "T".  Parking space is sparse and metered or garage parking is very expensive.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited November 2017
    Petercat said:
    kyoto kid said:

...actually looking more at Croatia Slovenia, and Montenegro.  With the current unrest in Spain I've taken that nation off the list as the places I was looking at are close to Catalonia

Don't rule out Romania, cost of living is very low, weather is okay, scenery is beautiful and people are very nice. I was considering that move, myself.

But I have issues with some European policies.

...the only thing is Romania is becoming a tech haven and anywhere tech becomes a major industry, living costs (particularly housing) begin to go up. like they did here. 

When I first moved to Portland, it was this sort of sleepy medium sized city south of Seattle (the latter which at the time was a tech boom town and becoming insanely expensive) that was best known for it's slightly offbeat attitude, the largest independent bookstore on the West Coast, and the "Cradle of Craft Brewing".  Then in the 90's during the "dot com bubble" costs began to rise here.  Oh Portland always had its "affluent" neighbourhoods (Laurelhurst, Lake Oswego, and the West Hills being the three major ones) but housing in many neighbourhoods, particularly just east of the Willamette River, was easily affordable. Back then, two friends and I rented this large Victorian house on the inner east side for 515$ (for the entire house).  Today you can't touch a single room in a shared house in that same area for less than 700$ - 800$ a month.  If you aren't employed in high end management or as a tech professional, you are making maybe 2$ - 3$ over minimum wage (which is what a most of the "non degree" jobs pay here).  "Affordable housing" has pretty much become a thing of the past today (the average monthly rent for a 1 BR flat is just over 1,500$ which would require earning nearly 55,000$ a year to keep at the recommended 1/3 of monthly gross).  I was lucky to clear a wait list for my place which is designated a "low income" and I'm still paying 50% of my monthly benefit on rent alone (it should be 28% - 30% but that programme dried up over a year ago). 

My monthly benefits will go up a "whopping" 18$ next year.  That won't even buy a monthly transit pass at the senior/disabled rate.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2017
    Mistara said:

warm odea, draft stopper

but can cats be trusted to stay on the job?

I am going to bid for this Tea cosy on ebay.  Hope this cat can be trusted to keep myy teapot warm

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,138
    edited November 2017
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Arghhhh.... driving in Boston.  Arghhhh...  I was there for business once.  Rented a car at the airport, drove easily into the tunnel under the bay and popped up in downtown Boston.  Arghhhh... It was during the period of the "Big Dig" and the streets were torn up, traffic was a mess and somehow I was snared and whisked away onto the expressway in some direction or other and shortly found myself on the Massachusetts Turnpike heading west and couldn't get off until I was 5 miles west of the city.  Arghhh.  Finally worked my way over to an exit and got off onto the local streets and started working my way back into town.  On the way I somehow managed to wander in such a manner that I passed directly by the front entrance of the baseball stadium (Fenway Park?) just as it was letting out and all of a sudden I found myself surrounded by thousands of raucus, cheering people flowing around my car like a huge flock of bleating sheep unable and unwilling to get out of my way.  Arghhh...  Driving in Boston, bah humbug!

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Scrooge is my hero.

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

Complaints!

- Out of bbq sauce

- Out of salsa

- Out of luck

- Can't wake up

- Too early to nap

- Hungry

- STILL crabby

Thirsty for a beer

- No beer in the house

- Limited to 3 beer a day

- Infinitely wear of everything

- Forum keeps logging me out no matter what I do (damn crappy software)

Non-complaints!

- Room wet Swiffered, smells nice

- Found some porrk sausage for brekkie

- Ordered bbq sauce and salsa from Tears of Joy

- Grocery delivery tomorrow

- Amazon order shows up tomorrow

- Irish breakfast tea!

- Met by enthusiastic dog this morning, gots lot of loving

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited November 2017

...grey day with a 50/50 chance of wet later, a bit warmer than it has been though.  Tomorrow a high wind warning for the coast and inner valleys, then really really wet and cold  (for here) by midweek

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Arghhhh.... driving in Boston.  Arghhhh...  I was there for business once.  Rented a car at the airport, drove easily into the tunnel under the bay and popped up in downtown Boston.  Arghhhh... It was during the period of the "Big Dig" and the streets were torn up, traffic was a mess and somehow I was snared and whisked away onto the expressway in some direction or other and shortly found myself on the Massachusetts Turnpike heading west and couldn't get off until I was 5 miles west of the city.  Arghhh.  Finally worked my way over to an exit and got off onto the local streets and started working my way back into town.  On the way I somehow managed to wander in such a manner that I passed directly by the front entrance of the baseball stadium (Fenway Park?) just as it was letting out and all of a sudden I found myself surrounded by thousands of raucus, cheering people flowing around my car like a huge flock of bleating sheep unable and unwilling to get out of my way.  Arghhh...  Driving in Boston, bah humbug!

Oh, the Big Dig...that was terrible!  It went on for so very long, too.  I'm glad I never worked in the city itself.  COMDEX was in Needham.  Of course, that was pretty bad itself.  Rte. 128 was often a parking lot.  They allow driving in the breakdown lane from 6:00 am to 10:00 am, and from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.  What if someone actually breaks down?  I found out soon enough.  It's not easy trying to get out of that lane when all the other lanes are moving at 65mph (even though the speed limit is 55mph).  And if there's an accident...parking lot!  What should have been a 40 minute drive (rarely) was about an hour, on a good day.  Accidents put that up to two hours easily, sometimes worse!  I almost never drove the Pike.  Tolls.  Now I have EZ Pass, so tolls are no worry for me.  Wonderful thing...just keep on rolling!  I try not to drive in Boston.  when we go on vacation to New Hampshire, I take 93 N, so we go through the heart of Boston, but not onto the city streets.  In the 70s I used to go to Boston with a few musician friends, we'd go to Wurlitzer's main store.  Big place on multiple floors.  We'd sometimes go into Cambridge and get something at a Mexican restaurant to eat, and just wander around on foot.  Cambridge was a nice area to walk around.  Things have gotten much worse, traffic-wise, since then.

Dana

Complaints:

Got down to 17F last night.

It keeps raining every couple of days.

Can't mow the lawn and suck up the fallen leaves, because wet leaves don't move well.

Late start to the day again.  Stuck in that bed at 4:00 am up at noon rut again!

Non-complaint:

Got my RedGate SQL Prompt utility installed, finally, and working in SQL Server Management Studio!

Got all the DS stuff reinstalled via the DIM, finally.  Haven't fired up the new DS yet, though.

Got the new version of Silo, 64 bit now!  Need to get back to the tutorials and start making things, now.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sigh 

Morning. Big bright blue sky day with a strong scent of roses in the air and a warmish breeze pushing us toward 90 this afternoon :)

Mistara said:

sigh 

Think I’ll stick with a blue pill today and go with flow :)

NVIATWAS said:

Complaints!

- Out of bbq sauce

- Out of salsa

- Out of luck

- Can't wake up

- Too early to nap

- Hungry

- STILL crabby

Thirsty for a beer

- No beer in the house

Non-complaints!

- Irish breakfast tea!

Tears Of Joy sounds eye watering :)

ps1borg said:

Morning. Big bright blue sky day with a strong scent of roses in the air and a warmish breeze pushing us toward 90 this afternoon :)

Nice, but toasty!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    Mistara said:

sigh 

If you are blue, and you don't know...

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Complaints!

- Out of bbq sauce

- Out of salsa

- Out of luck

- Can't wake up

- Too early to nap

- Hungry

- STILL crabby

Thirsty for a beer

- No beer in the house

Non-complaints!

- Irish breakfast tea!

Tears of Joy specializes in small, mostly local, hot sausaces and bbq sauce.  About 75% of the sauces run from medium to "omg gonna die" heat, but there are some non-fatal gems in there.  Really good flavors, I have some medium green salsa and peach/pecan bbq sauce on the way!

Non-complaint: pizza on the way!!!

Diomede said:
    Mistara said:

sigh 

If you are blue, and you don't know...

clark gable?  

some talent there, he might have a career in movies 

NVIATWAS said:
    ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Complaints!

- Out of bbq sauce

- Out of salsa

- Out of luck

- Can't wake up

- Too early to nap

- Hungry

- STILL crabby

Thirsty for a beer

- No beer in the house

Non-complaints!

- Irish breakfast tea!

Tears of Joy specializes in small, mostly local, hot sausaces and bbq sauce.  About 75% of the sauces run from medium to "omg gonna die" heat, but there are some non-fatal gems in there.  Really good flavors, I have some medium green salsa and peach/pecan bbq sauce on the way!

Non-complaint: pizza on the way!!!

Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

warm odea, draft stopper

but can cats be trusted to stay on the job?

I am going to bid for this Tea cosy on ebay.  Hope this cat can be trusted to keep myy teapot warm

cat would purr on a warm brown betty

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I am tired.  I just want to go home and take a shower and get ready for bed.  It is not even seven pm here.  I have a meeting at seven pm or around that which explains why I am at a mall when they are closed.  The meeting is at the mall while it is closed.

I am not looking forward to Black Friday.  I will be at the mall and it does not matter if I want to be or not.  I just have to be there.

ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

sigh 

Think I’ll stick with a blue pill today and go with flow :)

culture shock

Is the blue pill the good pill?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188

I'll take a blue one.

This discussion has been closed.