Sheer Greatness Render Competition - Closing Date 16th May(extended)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Hi Guys. Draagonstorm and myself would like to thank all those who have purchased this product and its Add-ons. As a thank you, we are hosting a render competition for those who have it:)

Rules for submission

Main product must be used. Use of Pantyhose And\Or shader must be used in some form. Use of add-on packs for pantyhose are optional if you have them but is not a requirement. Can be combined with shader usage if you wish.

No lux renders, we want to keep the playing field even for all entries. Daz studio renders only.

Renders can be of any dimensions that you feel best work with the scene.

All submissions must be placed in this forum. (note: If the forum compression really messes up your render you may also put a link to the render somewhere else that does not compress the image.)

All entries must follow the DAZ Terms of Service. No graphic nudity, or extreme violence will be allowed.

You may post your render in other galleries… Heck, good advertising wink

You may enter as many times as you like, but remember quality over quantity will win this contest.

Deadline for submissions is 5/16/2013 23:59:59 (DAZ Time)

Judging will be by DraagonStorm and Zev0

Product Links
http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-greatness
http://www.daz3d.com/sheerly-great-for-the-sheer-greatness-pantyhose
http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-leggings-for-sheer-greatness/

What are we looking for?

Show us your creative side:) Remember, if you use the shader, it can be applied to anything, be it on the pantyhose itself or any other surface or clothing:) We will be judging on the render as a whole, so composition, lighting and everything is important.

Prizes-

1st Place - $100 Gift certificate (can be used on all products in the Daz store) + 2 products from both my store and Draagonstorms
Added from ForbiddenWhispers - http://www.daz3d.com/the-wisteria-pool-house + 2 products from my store

2nd Place - $50 Gift certificate (can be used on all products in the Daz store) + 1 product from both my store and Draagonstorms
Added from ForbiddenWhispers http://www.daz3d.com/serene-scene-lights-bundle + 1 product from my store

3rd Place - $25 Gift certificate (can be used on all products in the Daz store) + 1 product from either my store or Draagonstorms
Added from ForbiddenWhispers http://www.daz3d.com/our-euphoriant

So lets have some fun and we look forward to your renders:)

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Whoa, those are awesome prizes! Sweet!! >=D

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

I am yet to hear from FW if she wants to contribute to the prizes..I think she is sleeping now lol..Will keep you guys posted:)

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to some real knockout renders!

Be creative...................... :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited December 1969

Can a previously done render be used? (Yes I have one already -- two, actually, although they're variations on a theme) Or does it need to be done especially for the contest?

edited December 1969

Yes:)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Yes:)
    LOL!!! Good answer. Now should I tell you what my Mom used to say to answers like that?
    edited April 2013

Lol..yes you can use existing renders, as long as it meets the rule requirements....:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
    edited December 1969

I'm awake! I don't quite know why because it's like only real early...ewww....

But yeah, I'll definately contribute!

I'd like to contibute as follows:

1st Place - http://www.daz3d.com/the-wisteria-pool-house + 2 products from my store
    2nd Place - http://www.daz3d.com/serene-scene-lights-bundle + 1 product from my store
    3rd Place - http://www.daz3d.com/our-euphoriant

edited April 2013

Thanks!!! Woohoo, more prizes..Added to list

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

A render I've already shown in the Sheer-Greatness thread:

2013-04-06_BWC-Pose_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 563K
    edited December 1969

Aaand a second one I've shown in the Sheer-Greatness thread... new ones will follow :)

2013-03-28_Jump_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 538K
    edited December 1969

Nice..Keep it up:)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Let's try again (already failed twice last night ..!) two (or maybe one. or even none) images already done (using Octane if that's ok ....):

The_Lady_CavortsX.jpg
    1414 x 1999 - 329K
    Stockings_test.png
    720 x 931 - 829K
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately I cannot allow octane renders. If I do then Lux people will complain, so to make it fair, Daz studio renders only..

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited April 2013

Will just throw this one in, until I've had chance to come up with something better (also from the Sheer-Greatness thread originally)
    Used Pantyhose, also shader on the vest.
    Title: Purple Daze

Purple-Daze.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 452K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited April 2013

Another one:

Dynamic Duo!

This started as a image thought for this contest, but while setting up the scene it also turned out to be good for the "The April 2013 Challenge" (hope this is okay).

In support for Ikyoto this render contains a squirrel, dont forget:
    http://www.gofundme.com/Brain-Surgery--Recovery

2013-04-15_Kristiana_Sam_DynamicDuo_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 531K
    Post edited by Sedor on
    edited April 2013

I see the Squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking at the damn tree stump lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Hehehe - yes the squirrel plays hide and seek... and "hides" at unusual places ;)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Nice images so far!!

I'll play :) Great product!

Stretch

done in DS4.5

Stockings from Sheer greatness used as well as the lace presets from it on the stockings and the Strappy Top

Genesis
    V5 Valerie Tex
    Elite Ponytail
    Casual Skirt from Karth
    Jasmine's Strappy Top from 3dUniverse
    Cuban Diablo Shoes

Scene-Late Nights at the Office Office Stage from ironman13

Vanity from trumarcar

Makeup from: Makeup Case and Contents-Jim Burton, Scandalous Makeup Set from Art Collab, & Girlish Necessities from Valerian
    Perfume Bottle from Sams3d
    Jeweled Finery from Fisty
    Vase-Valentine's day gift from Daz
    Daffodils from Lisa's Botanicals

Used various shader presets and weaves from Fabricator, Marieah's floor presets, and the supersuit on the clothing, walls & floor...

Click for larger view

Stretch01.jpg
    958 x 1354 - 515K
  • edited December 1969

Here is one using the hose with the fishnet shader added.

High_Ground.png
    1080 x 864 - 1M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited April 2013

Hey - get lost! This is our loot.

(no squirrels survived the apocalypse, but he'll be back in the next render)
    In support for Ikyoto, this render should have contained a squirrel, dont forget:
    http://www.gofundme.com/Brain-Surgery—Recovery

ninas_marknad_s.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 393K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited April 2013

She is wearing SG Pantyhose with Having fun 10 material and I applied sheer shader to her dress changing the outer color, inner color and diffuse color.

Edit: Hope it's ok I tweaked the lighting a bit on this. If not let me know and I will re-upload the original.

Angel.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 560K
    Post edited by JennK on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Unfortunately I cannot allow octane renders. If I do then Lux people will complain, so to make it fair, Daz studio renders only..

No worries, I more than expected this :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited May 2013

One more question: How much postwork, if any, is allowed?

Below, an image that I was already redoing to incorporate something else, so I figured, why not?

The Company: The Aerialist's Chain Dance
    Sheer Greatness pantyhose/stockings on both characters; On Brock (standing), just the base sheer material; on Lochlan (in midair), the Sheerly Great set (surprisingly tricky to connect the thong and stockings).

The Sheer Greatness shader was also used on the SY Clara's Dream Ballet tutu that Brock is wearing -- an overskirt plus four layers of underskirt, each with an entirely separate lace shader. (Tried using the same one on each layer, but that produced a sort of weird, "He's not wearing a dance belt, is he?" effect that I wasn't aiming for.) The shader is also used for the pad of the chair in the back corner, but I'm not sure it reads as such.

Also used: Sickleyield's Chain Blades; Sickleyield's Clara's Dream Ballet shoes, tutu and shoe ribbons (all on Brock); DAZ Dance Studio.

EDIT: Realized after I posted that I used the wrong version of the image. Correct one should be here now.

danceacademy-brock-lochlan-sheergreatness-02-logo.png
    1301 x 872 - 2M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Some lovely renders here already, and some lovely legs—ahem, leggings being displayed. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited April 2013

There's things I'm not happy about with this so I might rerender it.
    Sheer Greatness with a tweaked leather shader.

Rerendered.

Dancer-2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 360K
    Post edited by scorpio on
    edited April 2013

Postwork is allowed, but not so much that the shaders are altered and the image looks like a 2d illustration:) That would make it a bit hard to judge lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

The board is really playing up - I keep getting taken to my account page when I hit submit or preview!
    So, third time lucky? More like fifth or sixth time! Anyway, just plain 3Delight renders straight from DS4P this time, with only postwotk to reduce file size:

Playing.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 184K
    Keep_your_hat_on.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 304K
  • EzakiEzaki Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I inadvertently created an entry when playing with the ageing morphs but i guess it's not how you get to the party that matters:

sittimg.jpg
    1270 x 1643 - 422K
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited April 2013

removed by poster.

I do not want to derail this thread and will open up a new thread on the topic in question.

Awesome images so far!!!

Post edited by linvanchene on