The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:

dunno if i'm awake or dreaming. or neither

Whole year seemed like that to me, need a holiday real bad :)

kyoto kid said:
    Zylox said:
    kyoto kid said:

Checked with my SSDI lawyer and my case for retroactive benefits is still in process.  Would be a nice Birthday/Yule prezzie (even after they take their cut) should that came through by year's end as it would be about 34 months worth of back benefits.

I hope your benefits come through before Christmas. I don't know if you are aware of it, but they generally pay out the back benefits a little at a time. I only had 10 months of benefits, but it was nice getting a big check every six months for a couple of years. A friend of mine who had about 3 years of benefits like you do, told me that there is a program to get a lump sum payment to use as a down payment for buying a house. I am not sure what you could get in western Oregon for that amount, except maybe a mobile home, but it might be something you would want to look into.

...Not so much concerned about buying a home as I am about moving to another country where my SS benefits go further than they do here and I can get free healthcare instead of paying 142$ a month for Medicare..

Keeping a shady spot on a sunny beach for you here:)

I'm cold too.  I keep forgetting to look for some new shaders in the Daz Store.

74 here a little after sunset )

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

dunno if i'm awake or dreaming. or neither

Whole year seemed like that to me, need a holiday real bad :)

Same. My husband and I are fold of saying "there's a glitch in the matrix" theses days to try and explain how things can be so crazy.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

I had an issue with my taxi, that was becoming a problem.   Today I work unitl 4pm and I scheduled a 4:45 trip from work. The taxi wanted to change the pick up to four pm.  I work in a wonderful mall and it is the festive busy holiday season.  I am scheduled to four, which does not mean that I will be ready to go.  It means I clock out at the earliest at four because it will be busy.  I do go through a 3rd party to schedule my trips.  I had to make this schedule for this weekend by Thursday.  I want to see a movie today and I looked at my work schedule and the movie times to plan out the right times.  I wrote the specific times for the trips on a piece of paper so I will get them right.  Also I wrote down the movie that I want to see.  I am planing on going to a 5:10 movie today and I get off at 4pm.  I estimated that if I leave at 4:45pm I can get to the theatre in enough time to get the movie ticket and find a seat.  It should give me enough time to eat my dinner at the mall. 

I estimate the movie will end an hour and fifty minutes from five ten, which will be seven pm so I scheduled a 7:10 trip home.  I put in the calculations ten to twenty minutes of previews.   Why do they show so many previews?  I tend to have seen the same preview several times since I go to the movies so frequently since I have a movie pass thing that gives me a chance to watch movies at a cost to me about five dollars per movie.  That is unless I get popcorn.

I never get soda as I have taught myself to hate soda.   I am still working on loving water.  I am almost there. I am drinking a lemonade tea mix plus a cup of water.

Oh my! look at the time!  It is T minus 13 minutes to clock in time.  That means my finger on the clock in machine and I am ready to work.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    TIME DESCRIPTION TEMP FEELS PRECIP HUMIDITY WIND

1:15 PM

SAT

Sunny 37° 29°

0%

36% N 10 mph

someone left theairconditioner running? 

wahh complaint  gotta go laundry mat if i want clean blankets

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    NVIATWAS said:
    Complaint!  Ever since I ate the soft-shell crab, I've been crabby.  Coincidence?

Don't order the blindfish.

Sage advice indeed. Not sure blowfish would be a good idea either...

Weekend complaints!

- Overslept

- Blister on left heel, fake foot needs adjusting and my appointment is December 12.  No walks for me until then

- Need to Swiffer entire room

- Need a shower

- Need new eyes

- Raspberry Pi manual tiny print, need to find a PDF

- Flavored coffe won't arrive until Monday

- Need more room on lab desk for development tools

- Weiird urge for cold pizza

- Still crabby

- Feel super lazy

Non-complaints!

- Brekkie sausage cooking

- Nibbling on a fresh gold bell pepper

- Plenty of hot tea

- Weather so nice window is wide open

- Work computer clean and ready to go back to office

- Fresh cukes in the fridge for snacking

Things could be worse.  I do have frozen mini-pizzas in the freezer so there's lunch!

Ok, baremetaldev.com now registered to me.  Next to figure out how to set it up...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Totally agree...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Zylox said:
    kyoto kid said:

Checked with my SSDI lawyer and my case for retroactive benefits is still in process.  Would be a nice Birthday/Yule prezzie (even after they take their cut) should that came through by year's end as it would be about 34 months worth of back benefits.

I hope your benefits come through before Christmas. I don't know if you are aware of it, but they generally pay out the back benefits a little at a time. I only had 10 months of benefits, but it was nice getting a big check every six months for a couple of years. A friend of mine who had about 3 years of benefits like you do, told me that there is a program to get a lump sum payment to use as a down payment for buying a house. I am not sure what you could get in western Oregon for that amount, except maybe a mobile home, but it might be something you would want to look into.

...Not so much concerned about buying a home as I am about moving to another country where my SS benefits go further than they do here and I can get free healthcare instead of paying 142$ a month for Medicare..

Keeping a shady spot on a sunny beach for you here:)

...once my retroactive benefits come through I'll be able to make plans. Have to get used to a reversal of seasons.

edited November 2017
    NVIATWAS said:

Weekend complaints!

- Overslept

- Blister on left heel, fake foot needs adjusting and my appointment is December 12.  No walks for me until then

- Need a shower

- Need new eyes

- Still crabby

- Feel super lazy

Non-complaints!

- Plenty of hot tea

Things could be worse.  I do have frozen mini-pizzas in the freezer so there's lunch!

...have a few slices from last night in the fridge.  Not sure how fresh they will be by the time they'd arrive.

Went out for a couple pints at the local hangout last night (they show cartoons on their tellies in eh back bar on Friday), got out too late to cook dead fish so grabbed a pizza on the way home instead.

Mid 40s and cloudy this morning, no windows open here.  Slept in a bit, Hot rolled oats with butter and maple surple for brekkie.

Wisconsin and Iowa today, Game's starting off on a bad note as Iowa got a "pick six"  Wis. quarterback has thrown two interceptions already and it's only the first quarter. This is probably the toughest opponent they face in the regular season and not a good way to go about preserving their undefeated record by turning the ball over like that.  Right now they seem to be their own worst enemy.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Tjohn said:

Totally agree...

...yes

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Weekend complaints!

- Overslept

- Need a shower

- Need new eyes

- Still crabby

- Feel super lazy

Non-complaints!

- Plenty of hot tea

...have a few slices from last night in the fridge.  Not sure how fresh they will be by the time they'd arrive.

Went out for a couple pints at the local hangout last night (they show cartoons on their tellies in eh back bar on Friday), got out too late to cook dead fish so grabbed a pizza on the way home instead.

Mid 40s and cloudy this morning, no windows open here.  Slept in a bit, Hot rolled oats with butter and maple surple for brekkie.

Wisconsin and Iowa today, Game's starting off on a bad note as Iowa got a "pick six"  Wis. quarterback has thrown two interceptions already and it's only the first quarter. This is probably the toughest opponent they face in the regular season and not a good way to go about preserving their undefeated record by turning the ball over like that.  Right now they seem to be their own worst enemy.

I watched most of the Seahawks/Cardinals game on Thursday night, what a joke.  By the time I gave up - late third quarter - Seattle had 14 penalties and had handed the Cards over 8 first downs through penalties.   Lame, lame.  I need to find a streaming source for college ball, it has to be better.

Time to slice up some smoked beef sausage and slow-cook it in Texas bbq sauce with some hot sauce.  It's finally chilly enough to make spicy food enjoyable.

I discovered Food Network streams a lot of their shows now.  I'm on a "Beat Bobby Flay" binge.  Makes me want to cook more...

edited November 2017

...yeah I have to get a new set of headphones so I can stream vids again. This new service is well worth the money as it is fast.  Even Daily Kos articles load within afew moments (usually they'd take a couple minutes even on "Bombast").  I can even watch ESPN highlights without them buffering.

...oh, leftover pizza became lunch. Curry dead bird in a bowl with veggies and rice for dinner tonight.  So much love the fact I am able to cook again.

The odd thing the flat has a dishwasher, but I don't have enough dishes to warrant using it and a number of things (like my cast iron skillets which get a lot of use and my wok) need to be hand washed properly to preserve the seasoning.

Well looks like Wisconsin's defence is doing it's job, so far Iowa only has that one TD on the interception.  Badgers put up 17 points before halftime to lead 17 - 7.  Wisconsin usually gets going in the second half, so maybe that dream I had last night of them winning 55 - 10 might still happen.  They need to win big in their last three games and the Big 10 Championship for the playoff committee to consider them.

----------

AUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!  and just when it looked like Wisconsin got their act together, in the first possession of the second half their QB throws another pick 6, this one ran back for 52 yards.  Their offence is literally "offensive" in every sense of the word.   Seems their defence needs to turn it up a notch or two and get some picks of their own.  Now 17 - 14, so much for dreams. and so much for a big win if they keep making these kinds of mistakes.

clean fresh fleecy blankies lost their dryer warms on the trek home, 

43 days?!  

edited November 2017

...Stanford has a dancing tree

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited November 2017
    kyoto kid said:

I suggest that you talk to your attorney and the Social Security Administration about your plans. If you are receiving SSD(disability) or SSA(retirement after age 62), your benefits may continue after 6 months of living outside the United States, depending on the country you move to. If you are receiving SSI, your benefits will be suspended after 30 days and won't restart until you have lived in the US for a full calendar month. You also need to make sure that you will qualify for the medical benefits in the country you are moving to. You will probably need to get a permenant resident visa to qualify, which may take awhile.

While I don't know about rent or propety prices, when I visited Perth in the '80s, the prices seemed pretty similar to prices here in America. Make sure that the cost of living is actually cheaper in the country you are considering moving to. Also, you may want to consider moving back east or to the midwest. Rental and property prices can be much lower there. The west coast has some of the highest rents in the country.

Mostly, I am suggesting doing research before you move so that you don't end up with any unpleasant surprises. Good luck!

Edit: helpful links.

https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/faq/can-I-keep-my-social-security-disability-benefits-if-I-move-out-of-the-USA

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10137.pdf

Post edited by Zylox on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Boston!  I think they're rent prices are astounding.  I saw a single parking space for rent once...it was more than the cost of my 3 bedroom house!!!  Just a parking space!  I would never want to live in Boston!

Dana

Morning. Well, nearly afternoon cos I got to have two nights worth of sleeps all at once. Turtle doves have nested in our olive tree this year, they are coo-ing so loud is hard to go back to sleep again :o

Mistara said:

43 days?!  

Is kinda like losing that lovin feelin :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    Mistara said:

43 days?!  

It looks like it has to go but someone is in the bathroom.

DanaTA said:

Boston!  I think they're rent prices are astounding.  I saw a single parking space for rent once...it was more than the cost of my 3 bedroom house!!!  Just a parking space!  I would never want to live in Boston!

Dana

...for me not just the cost, but the weather.  No longer can handle "real winter".

edited November 2017
    Zylox said:
    kyoto kid said:

I suggest that you talk to your attorney and the Social Security Administration about your plans. If you are receiving SSD(disability) or SSA(retirement after age 62), your benefits may continue after 6 months of living outside the United States, depending on the country you move to. If you are receiving SSI, your benefits will be suspended after 30 days and won't restart until you have lived in the US for a full calendar month. You also need to make sure that you will qualify for the medical benefits in the country you are moving to. You will probably need to get a permenant resident visa to qualify, which may take awhile.

While I don't know about rent or propety prices, when I visited Perth in the '80s, the prices seemed pretty similar to prices here in America. Make sure that the cost of living is actually cheaper in the country you are considering moving to. Also, you may want to consider moving back east or to the midwest. Rental and property prices can be much lower there. The west coast has some of the highest rents in the country.

Mostly, I am suggesting doing research before you move so that you don't end up with any unpleasant surprises. Good luck!

https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/faq/can-I-keep-my-social-security-disability-benefits-if-I-move-out-of-the-USA

...in a year and two months I will begin receiving regular SS retirement. That is when I am really looking at doing this as those benefits don't end unless I move to a prohibited country (already checked into that).  By then I should also have my retroactive benefits which I need to make the move and get settled.  Already have a few locations in mind that have lower living costs.

Not interested in moving back east or the Midwest.  As I mentioned above, they get "real winter" there which is why I left Wisconsin. The often drastic changes in weather back in the Midwest (sometimes in a matter of minutes) plays total havoc with my bones and joints which is another reason I left. It may be rainy here in Oregon for a week or more, but the change in humidity and pressure is far more gradual.  Winters here are aloso usually milder, it may get down to freezing, and occasionally an inch or two of snow (that often melts within a day or turns to rain), but never below 0°F.

I also need to live in a place that has good transit, which usually means a good sized city (and is more expensive especially so in the east) as I don't drive (can't afford to).

• Zylox said:
    kyoto kid said:

If Australia is a destination, I remember when I considered it, learning that you need to bring a lot of "potential" in the form of a good sized bank account with you to become a permanent resident.

...actually looking more at Croatia Slovenia, and Montenegro.  With the current unrest in Spain I've taken that nation off the list as the places I was looking at are close to Catalonia

Mistara said:

43 days?!  

It looks like it has to go but someone is in the bathroom.

i guess trees have to pee too, lol  

ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

43 days?!  

Is kinda like losing that lovin feelin :)

warm odea, draft stopper

but can cats be trusted to stay on the job?

This discussion has been closed.