My Genesis 3 Males are having weird shoulder issues

i've just noticed that the back of my G3M arms are having some weird issues - i posted a quick render that pretty much says it all. why is this happening?

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

What morph are you using on the body? Some morphs don't have the proper weight mapping/jcm's to correct the bends in certain poses.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

Check your active morphs, you may have a product installed that may be firing for all morphs instead of a particular product.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291

Isn't this that morph issue that rose out of installing that werewolf character?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

If you've never had it before, check for newer products purchases which might have a morph that causes the distortion.

• 5200north5200north Posts: 249

its even happening to a fresh loaded G3M straight from Daz. i have no idea how to figure out what new content i added caused this. 

i dont' want to have to reinstall my content libraryies again, this is so flustrating, 

is there a way i can contact Daz direstly, honestly i get all my helf from you guys on this forum.

the photo i added is a terrible render i just wanted to get another post on here before i goto bed.

also, i'm too mad at the cubs to figure anything out now...crying

what is up.jpg
    818 x 742 - 594K
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 782
    edited October 2017
    You shouldn't have to uninstall/reinstall everything. I had a similar issue with Rawart's Prince Albane for G3M. He was loading in with every G3M I had, even a fresh one. It was very frustrating trying to figure out what was happening. Pisses me off since I can no longer use him. Load a new G3M and go to your Shape Tab. Look to see what morphs are loading with your fresh G3M. Something has to be dialed in when it shouldn't be. It's an easy way of finding what item isn't playing fair.
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • Skinchangers?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    5200north said:

its even happening to a fresh loaded G3M straight from Daz. i have no idea how to figure out what new content i added caused this. 

i dont' want to have to reinstall my content libraryies again, this is so flustrating, 

is there a way i can contact Daz direstly, honestly i get all my helf from you guys on this forum.

the photo i added is a terrible render i just wanted to get another post on here before i goto bed.

also, i'm too mad at the cubs to figure anything out now...crying

Just so it is clear what people are saying to you,

1) load G#M

2) Select figure  and Pose

3) Go to Edit> Figure>Zero>Zero Shape

4) Go to Parameters... Tell it to show hidden Parameters

5) look at Parameter> Currently Used   it should be empty; if not slide the morph to zero

6)tell us if that solves th shoulder problem

Our guess is that it is a hidden morph triggering the shape

• Mardook said:

Isn't this that morph issue that rose out of installing that werewolf character?

In my case, that's the correct answer. There are two hidden morphs from the Skinchangers Wolves add-on. Here are detailed steps to reproduce and temporarily resolve the issue:

1. Create a new scene (CTRL+N or FileNew)
    2. Add a base Genesis 3 Male figure to the scene: In the Smart Content Pane, click Figures then double-click the icon for Genesis 3 Male.duf
    3. Change the view so that the back of the character is clearly visible: In the Viewport Pane, click the View dropdown and select Back View. Adjust camera and draw/render/lighting so that the back side of the Genesis 3 Male  Chest Upper node of  is clearly visible.
    4. In the Scene Pane, make sure that Genesis 3 Male is selected.
    5. In the Parameters Pane, open the Pane Options menu by either clicking the Pane Options icon or right-clicking the tab of the Parameters Pane. If it is not already checked, click Show Hidden Properties.
    6. In the Parameter Pane, click Currently Used and verify that nothing is currently active for the Genesis 3 Male figure.
      • Note: some options may be present here, but they do not have an effect on this issue. My system shows Render SubD Level (Minimum) = 2, Mouth Realism HD = 100% and Navel = 100% as set by default. For clarity, you can eliminate them from showing in the Currently Used group by changing them to 1, 0% and 0%, respectively, then clicking on any other entry in the Parameters Pane tree, then clicking back on Currently Used to verify it is empty.
    7. Create the glitch: with Genesis 3 Male selected in the Scene Pane, expand the Parameters Pane trees as needed so that Pose Controls → Arms is selected. Change the Arms Up-Down parameter to 100%.
    8. In the Viewport Pane, visually verify that the distortion is present on the upper arms/shoulders of the figure.
    9. In the Parameter Pane, click Currently Used and inspect the parameters changed by setting the Arms Up-Down parameter.
      • Note: My system shows several other hidden parameters with various values here, mostly corrective adjustments. They do not matter for the purposes of this issue as far as I can tell.
    10. In the Parameter Pane, find the parameters that are causing the distortion by typing SKNWLV in the Filter Box.
      • ​​This results in two parameters set to 81.2%: S1MSKNWLV_ShldrDown_JCM_L and S1MSKNWLV_ShldrDown_JCM_R. These change with respect to the value of the Arms Up-Down parameter, and setting them to 0% seems to correct the distortion.
      • The paths to these parameters are:
        • [Genesis 3 Male]/Hidden/Correctives/S1MSkinchangersWolves/S1MSKNWLV_ShldrDown_JCM_L
        • [Genesis 3 Male]/Hidden/Correctives/S1MSkinchangersWolves/S1MSKNWLV_ShldrDown_JCM_R
      • There are other parameters attached to Genesis 3 Male nodes by SkinchangersWolves, but manually setting those two to 0% seems to correct the problem.
      • Unless the SkinchangersWolves content is fixed or removed, this would need to be done for every Genesis 3 Male character loaded into a scene.
  • 5200north5200north Posts: 249

Has the author of this morph released a fix for this issue, I haven't seen on posted.

• 5200north said:

Has the author of this morph released a fix for this issue, I haven't seen on posted.

Yes they have, I just re downloaded and installed, shoulder issue gone.

S.K.

• How does one save specific parameters such as the two listed above?

• [Genesis 3 Male]/Hidden/Correctives/S1MSkinchangersWolves/S1MSKNWLV_ShldrDown_JCM_L
    • [Genesis 3 Male]/Hidden/Correctives/S1MSkinchangersWolves/S1MSKNWLV_ShldrDown_JCM_R

All I have done is save scenes and scene subsets.