Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

So you're going to be publishing it WIP-style, not when it's all finished?

I guess I'll wip out more WIPs on dA and here as well, but pages finished will be finished. I plan to put this out as a webcomic updating once a week or something like that. So i can keep working on the next pages while the beginning is already out there. But I want to have a solid base to work from and some pages ahead as a buffer. That seems to be a frequent way of working when making a webcomic

edited October 2017

Some paparazzi photo of my main char Ms T. on a party in New York... its actually a concept as well from my story but I have to change the setting, before I can use that, there is something that slipped my awareness which doesn't fi the story. But yes she can posh up as well and at some point in the story will do so.

Iray and a bit of post.

Ms_T.png
    618 x 1000 - 847K
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • I'm thoroughly impressed.  I love writing but I have to admit that dialogue still makes me cringe.  And, you need a lot of dialogue for what you are doing.  At least, I think you do.  I have to admit that I haven't seen very many webcomics but I assume they are kind of like their print cousins.  Good luck.  I'm definitely reading it when you are done.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

She does indeed glam up well!

Thanks a lot @IceDragonArt

I'm thoroughly impressed.  I love writing but I have to admit that dialogue still makes me cringe.  And, you need a lot of dialogue for what you are doing.  At least, I think you do.  I have to admit that I haven't seen very many webcomics but I assume they are kind of like their print cousins.  Good luck.  I'm definitely reading it when you are done.  :)

Dialogue is pretty much the only thing I can pull off rather easy when it comes to writing. Yes webcomics live rather much though the dialogue, for what is not possible to tell with the art, if you don't want to go with a wall of text ( I've seen stunning works that can tell the story with next to no dialogue, which is awesome) and I wan't to try to get it done with as little explainig text as possible.

I 'm quite the webcomic reader, so trying that format is closer to me than writing. Seems I won't get around the writing anyway, but I knew that before.

edited October 2017

playing around with different stuff ended in creating a moss wall for my furture world

mosswall.png
    618 x 1000 - 1M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Linwelly said:

So you're going to be publishing it WIP-style, not when it's all finished?

I guess I'll wip out more WIPs on dA and here as well, but pages finished will be finished. I plan to put this out as a webcomic updating once a week or something like that. So i can keep working on the next pages while the beginning is already out there. But I want to have a solid base to work from and some pages ahead as a buffer. That seems to be a frequent way of working when making a webcomic

That really puts a lot of responsibility on the author, i.e. you cannot really go back and edit things if you figure out stuff needs to be "retconned"... I hope it works for you then and you don't get burned out.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Love the mossy wall - neat look.  Wonder what your character is mulling over :)

Love the mossy wall - neat look.  Wonder what your character is mulling over :)

He was a bit annoyed being placed there only to show off the mosswall :D

That really puts a lot of responsibility on the author, i.e. you cannot really go back and edit things if you figure out stuff needs to be "retconned"... I hope it works for you then and you don't get burned out.

I guess it has both advantages and drawbacks, I've seen some webcomics starting over after a year of putting out pages because they managed to get the plot into a massive hole or fizzled to pieces. So a good planning of the story ahead is one thing that helps. On the other hand making pages like this with a program or (the ones who are good with that) drawing takes a lot of time and efford. If you pull through with it, you can be busy well over a year, depending on the story and if you then start to put it out there and nobody likes the style, its a lot of wasted efford.

edited October 2017

Here is something about golden October inspired by some rare sunny days over the weekend

Forest Autumn is from Andrey Pesteriakov original 3DL, added some epic goodray and hit render Iray. This is not for the faint of heart, It rendered well over 12 hours with a 1060 NVIDIA g-force

Golden_October.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Linwelly said:

Here is something about golden October inspired by some rare sunny days over the weekend

Forest Autumn is from Andrey Pesteriakov original 3DL, added some epic goodray and hit render Iray. This is not for the faint of heart, It rendered well over 12 hours with a 1060 NVIDIA g-force

I have that product (not the add ons) and rendertimes are pretty massive in 3DL too.

Anyway that looks SO sweet, lovely render!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Linwelly said:

Very pretty.

edited October 2017

I got myself the goblar in todays PC sale but as i don't own the toon essentials the shape is not working really, but I kan put kenji in Goblar outfit, he looked like a kid in halloween costume, so here is my halloween render for this year

quick and dirty render in Iray

caught.png
    707 x 1000 - 2M
    Linwelly said:

I got myself the goblar in todays PC sale but as i don't own the toon essentials the shape is not working really, but I kan put kenji in Goblar outfit, he looked like a kid in halloween costume, so here is my halloween render for this year

quick and dirty render in Iray

I really like the tone of this, it feels very victorian, not just the clothing but the overall feeling. Nicely done!

Very cool look, I like it.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You have been so very busy busy as of late Linwelly nice to see you taking the plunge into something you enjoy!!!

Thanks a lot everybody, yeah this story thing keeps me rather busy and it is a lot of new things to take into account. But I really want to get this larger project completed and beautiful. I have 14 pages of detailed written story outline, most of that for my first chapter and very little of that transcipted yet, and I made some additional settings and characters in the meantime, which need completion as well.

I really need that piercing collection for g3, can it go on a really good sale already before I spend my budget on lots of neat PC sae stuff? Pretty please smiley

edited October 2017

Did a lot of converting old sets to iray and the some character design, all for the story, So here is the lady that really needs some piercings, her name is Jishu and she got some good technical knowledge plus a lot of connections.

The character is a mix of HPFR Nargol (skin and basic shape) Ceridwen dialed in, bits and pieces from Pix Circuit, and then some more from the morph dials and skin changes. That robot is Machina
    The scenery is from Sci-interior turned to Iray (which took a while just the Iray Ubersurface shader didn't do the job this time).

I can recommend Nargol very much to enlargen the genepool, you need to get rid of those oversized teeth to use her but then she is really cool.

Taiduo-conceps_Jishu.png
    1414 x 2000 - 6M

She looks really good!  I bought Nargol to use partly because of her teeth but you have opened up a whole new directions as well lol.

There are some good piercing sets in the shop here and elsewhere, but not sure if they are for G3.  I want to say sharecg may have some as well.

I love Machina, its a good character, with a lot of potential as well.

Thanks a lot Ice, good thing I just now could get a hold on the peircing collenction in the PC sale :D

edited November 2017

After a long time I return to King Aerics story ( I wasn't into the swing of rendering at all the last weeks)

Here we meet daddy king grumpy again, for more story see my dA account

I tried to work on interesting camera angles with this one and ... there is a whole scenery behind this that no one will ever see because of that,  LOL, it just gnawed at my render time at leasure...

At_the_Gate.png
    2362 x 1329 - 4M

Love the angle and the DOF, very nice!

Love the angle and the DOF, very nice!

Thanks a lot Sonja, I was pleased to find that angle working with the guard in front, its kind of different for what intention to make a render as to which angles work. With the story I plan the flow needs to work in a continuous style more like in a movie. Lots of aspects to learn new

That's a great render and the camera angle works very well.  It makes grumpy dad look even more imposing seeing as he is higher/bigger than the out of focus son.  I'd be scared heh heh.

That's a great render and the camera angle works very well.  It makes grumpy dad look even more imposing seeing as he is higher/bigger than the out of focus son.  I'd be scared heh heh.

Thanks, though that is jsut a poor guard standing at the right (or wrong) spot at the wrong moment frown Kings son is long gone to save his precious behind surprise

for those interested

Next piece of my story concepts is up but as its not exactly DAZ suitable you can find it over here https://linwelly.deviantart.com/art/Taiduo-Sub-concept-713379048?ga_submit_new=10:1509823364

• Linwelly said:

After a long time I return to King Aerics story ( I wasn't into the swing of rendering at all the last weeks)

Here we meet daddy king grumpy again, for more story see my dA account

I tried to work on interesting camera angles with this one and ... there is a whole scenery behind this that no one will ever see because of that,  LOL, it just gnawed at my render time at leasure...

This looks amazing! I love the DOF. You did great with this. I also loved how your forest scene turned out. I have that product and still haven't managed to get a really good render of it. It bogs down my computer too much. I finally got the idea to load the scene and then turn a lot of stuff off until I actually need it to save resources and then saved the file. Haven't done a single thing with it since then.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

It really is a great angle when you want to make someone look more imposing/terrifying..and I really like the way the side light hits his face and emphasizes the sneering expression. About that "stuff" no one will ever see behind the wall, I've taken to going through and deleting things ruthlessly from my scene, save as a new sccene, close it and reopen it. Depending on how many unseen items there are, it can cut the load/processing time hugely.

Thanks a lot @Chameo that is a good analysis and I will remember that about the angle and the light.  The advice with deleting things from the scene I keep telling others as well, and most times I follow that advice as well but in this one I was on the edge about the camaera postion til the end, so I left it all in. Maybe I even will render it again from a different postion ... but then knowing myself I probably won't cool

edited November 2017

I made fanart laugh its rare but I did and it was an interesting experience to transform a painted character into 3D, I was a bit shocked when I first rendered Mr. Koat here and looked into his face not as 2D painting. anyways here is Elod and Mr. Koart from a comic called Grey Eyes by MistyTang http://greyeyes.smackjeeves.com/ I recommend to read it!

Again I made a big mishmash from different characters and their skins plus a lot of dial morphing.

The blue scarf is my first succesfull experiemtn with dforce using a plane falling down with some wind node from the side. but I made that seperate and saved it as a prop to then add it to my scene. Her shirt fell off when I tried dforce on it but gnerally worked without exploding, thats a pirate shirt from g2f

Iray and postork in Gimp 2.8

I_care_old_Man.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M