OOT Hair for Genesis 3 converting to Genesis 8

I have these two products. Is it possible to make them work on a Genesis 8 characters? 

https://www.daz3d.com/sporty-ponytail-hair-and-oot-hairblending-2-0-for-genesis-3-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-updo-hair-and-oot-hairblending-2-0-for-genesis-3-female-s

They seem to lose all the morph presets?

Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• Morphs should survive AutoFit, but any additional bones will be lost (and so pose controls that drive them will cease to do anything). A better solution is usually to line the hair up with the head, allowing it to clip slightly if needed, then use a Smoothing modifier to deal with any clipping (Edit>Figure>Geometry>Applky Smoothign Modifier, set the collision target to Genesis 8 female) and parent the hair to the figure's head.

• 1 - Load the hair without anything else in the scene selected. (it will probably float above your figure, this is okay for now)

2 - Select the hair.

3 - On your "scene" tab, select the options dialog (it looks like an arrow with lines on it, mine is in the upper left corner of the scene tab, yours may be on the other side depending on your layout)

4 - In the menu that pops up, select "edit", then "scene identification".

5 - On the window that pops up, near the bottom there will be an option for "compatibility base" with a dropdown menu. Off to the side of the menu there will be a button with three dots (like ... ) click this button.

6 - Scroll down until you see genesis 8, and under genesis 8, select "female".

7 - Click "accept".

8 - Now fit the hair to your figure by selecting it and selecting "fit to" and then your figure.

9 - The hair will now fit to your figure with all the bones and morphing albites intact.

You can do this with just about any hair designed for genesis 3 on a genesis 8 figure.

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

I generally double-click to load. When the Autofit window comes up I just Cancel or click the X button. What happens after that kind of depends on the hair. Might have to translate it to get it in the right spot. But the morphs should all be intact. This works well with long hairs that usually end up with a weird glitch in the hair even when morphs survive using Autofit. Short hairs usually Autofit quite well.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

1 - Load the hair without anything else in the scene selected. (it will probably float above your figure, this is okay for now)

2 - Select the hair.

3 - On your "scene" tab, select the options dialog (it looks like an arrow with lines on it, mine is in the upper left corner of the scene tab, yours may be on the other side depending on your layout)

5 - On the window that pops up, near the bottom there will be an option for "compatibility base" with a dropdown menu. Off to the side of the menu there will be a button with three dots (like ... ) click this button.

7 - Click "accept".

8 - Now fit the hair to your figure by selecting it and selecting "fit to" and then your figure.

9 - The hair will now fit to your figure with all the bones and morphing albites intact.

You can do this with just about any hair designed for genesis 3 on a genesis 8 figure.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I have a fortune invested in OOT Hair for G3F (easy to do because it's expensive...but soooo worth it!) and I have been sick about not being able to use some of them due to the moprhs not working. Your directions worked like a charm! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348

I have tried to do this work around and followed the instructions listed above., but when I go to the list compatibility base's,  Genesis 8 isn't listed for me even though I have V8 etc installed.., Indeed I have been using Gen 8 characters and clothing since she was launched.

Could anyone help by shedding some light as to why I don't have this compatibiilty option in my list.., I have options for ALL other figures even down to Generation 1.!!!!

cheers,

S.K.

• Do the Genesis 8 figures work to filter content when Filter by Context iss elected in the Smart Content pane? How did you install?

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348

Hi Richard,

I manually install. I don't use dim and I don't use smart content.

When I do the as you suggested, smart content brings up content for all other Genesis Figures but nothing for 8.

• The Scene Identification depends on the Content Management System, as far as I know.

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 499

Hi Richard,

I manually install. I don't use dim and I don't use smart content.

When I do the as you suggested, smart content brings up content for all other Genesis Figures but nothing for 8.

You can try to update the Content Management Database, after installing manually. Then G8 should be visible in Smart Content

• 1 - Load the hair without anything else in the scene selected. (it will probably float above your figure, this is okay for now)

2 - Select the hair.

7 - Click "accept".

Hello

Thank you very much, it saves me, I also have a lot of purchases and it annoys me to lose them.

• Sorry to resurrect an old thread. After doing steps 1-7, when I select the hair and select "fit to" and select genesis 8 female the Auto Fit pop-up shows up and under the drop down for "What figure was the item originally designed for" drop down the only figure that doesn't show up is genesis 8 female. Are you supposed to choose one of the other options in that drop down, X out of this pop-up, or hit cancel? No matter which way I do it, I loose the ability to use the morphs (like making bangs or hair longer), but I can still pose the hair.