Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.10.0.123! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• SissyBSissyB Posts: 23
    SissyB said:

hello

Each time i try to do a simulation (i starting by the one explained in the DS tutorial with sphere and plane) i receive this error message....

"could not find a valid OpenCL device"

does anyone could help me to solve it? i really don't know what to do...

I use DS on my laptop, it runs under windows and i've got a Nvidia Gforce 610M, 1GB

thank you in advance

According to https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-610m/specifications the GeForce 610M offrs only OpenCL 1.1, dForce needs 1.2. You could get the intel OpenCL driver for your CPU and use that - it's linked from the first post of the Start Here thread.

hello :)

i tried again and again to update CPU, install open CL but nothing works...

i always receive an error message, the last one is

on the file attached....

please HELP ME!!!!

intel issue.JPG
    1594 x 810 - 132K
  • SissyB said:
    SissyB said:

hello

Each time i try to do a simulation (i starting by the one explained in the DS tutorial with sphere and plane) i receive this error message....

"could not find a valid OpenCL device"

does anyone could help me to solve it? i really don't know what to do...

I use DS on my laptop, it runs under windows and i've got a Nvidia Gforce 610M, 1GB

thank you in advance

According to https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-610m/specifications the GeForce 610M offrs only OpenCL 1.1, dForce needs 1.2. You could get the intel OpenCL driver for your CPU and use that - it's linked from the first post of the Start Here thread.

hello :)

i tried again and again to update CPU, install open CL but nothing works...

i always receive an error message, the last one is

on the file attached....

please HELP ME!!!!

So you have an Intel GPU as well as the nVidia. Is the chip listed here https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/540387 as supporting OpenCL 1.2 or 2?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    edited October 2017

I wonder if anyone else is having my problem with 3Delight renders in DS 4.10.0.101? Figures are rendering semi-transparent when smoothing is applied to an item of clothing on that figure. No problems in Iray and no problems with smoothing disabled. I'm attaching an example - I bought TOA Amblyn yesterday, which comes with 3Delight mats and a G2F version and with smoothing "on" by default. I was trying it out and hit this odd problem. I've since reproduced it with other clothing which loads without smoothing, if a smoothing mod is applied.

ETA: I'm not absolutely sure whether this is a new problem in DS 4.10.0.101 or was in an earlier Beta. I am pretty sure there was no problem in DS4.9 Beta which I used for a long time before upgrading (because my "official release" version is still on DS4.6 to preserve functions like AoA Ambient lights) and I'm sure I must have done 3Delight renders in 4.9 with smoothing and without problems.

ETA2: This character (Cassie for G2F) has DAZ Basic shader used for her skin. The first character I tried had AoASSS shaders. I switched to Cassie in case that was causing the problem but no, they are equally affected. The first render is using uberenvironment light by Inane Glory. I've also tried default DAZ Distant and Spotlights, AoA Ambients and even the camera headlamp alone - all produce the same result. Great for ghosts, not so good otherwise!

DS4-10-3Delight-Problem-1.jpg
    765 x 549 - 127K
    DS4-10-3Delight-Problem-Smoothing-On.jpg
    841 x 388 - 66K
    DS4-10-3Delight-Problem-Smoothing-Off.jpg
    917 x 383 - 69K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

I wonder if anyone else is having my problem with 3Delight renders in DS 4.10.0.101? Figures are rendering semi-transparent when smoothing is applied to an item of clothing on that figure. No problems in Iray and no problems with smoothing disabled. I'm attaching an example - I bought TOA Amblyn yesterday, which comes with 3Delight mats and a G2F version and with smoothing "on" by default. I was trying it out and hit this odd problem. I've since reproduced it with other clothing which loads without smoothing, if a smoothing mod is applied.

ETA: I'm not absolutely sure whether this is a new problem in DS 4.10.0.101 or was in an earlier Beta. I am pretty sure there was no problem in DS4.9 Beta which I used for a long time before upgrading (because my "official release" version is still on DS4.6 to preserve functions like AoA Ambient lights) and I'm sure I must have done 3Delight renders in 4.9 with smoothing and without problems.

ETA2: This character (Cassie for G2F) has DAZ Basic shader used for her skin. The first character I tried had AoASSS shaders. I switched to Cassie in case that was causing the problem but no, they are equally affected. The first render is using uberenvironment light by Inane Glory. I've also tried default DAZ Distant and Spotlights, AoA Ambients and even the camera headlamp alone - all produce the same result. Great for ghosts, not so good otherwise!

I wonder if this is somehow related to the Translucency issues people are having in Iray with Subsurface Scatter.

• There haven't been any significant chnages to 3Delight according to the Change Log. I do recall people having an issue like this with certain content when (I think) motion blur was enabled.

• Minor usability enhancement request:

When adding a new dForce Modifier Weight Node from the create menu and the item selected doesn't have any dForce modifiers, prompt the user to add one.  I don't think there's any reason to have a dForce weight map on an object that doesn't have any dForce modifiers.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited October 2017

Not that it affects your request - which should be made as a Technical Support ticket to make sure it reches the developers and is properly logged - but my understanding is the node doesn't add the weight maps but enables you to access them. I haven't tested, but I think if you apply weight maps and then delete the node they will remain in effect. That's certainly how the Push Modifier version works. (That has now been confirmed to me.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

There haven't been any significant chnages to 3Delight according to the Change Log. I do recall people having an issue like this with certain content when (I think) motion blur was enabled.

Well I haven't (knowingly) enabled motion blur. I guess I need to open a support ticket to report it. But it would be nice to know if anyone else can reproduce it. Incidentally I played a little more tonight and found that setting the figure to Base Resolution also cures the transparency problem. Curiouser and curiouser...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Got a quick question.. So the beta and the general release can work side by side but apparently the plugins can't?  Every time I try to install GoZ for the General release the GoZ for the Beta is uninstalled and vice versa.  Same with the Photoshop 3D Bridge. 

• RAMWolff said:

Got a quick question.. So the beta and the general release can work side by side but apparently the plugins can't?  Every time I try to install GoZ for the General release the GoZ for the Beta is uninstalled and vice versa.  Same with the Photoshop 3D Bridge. 

This appears to be the case for those two plug-ins. I've taken to using the beta as my main software, so it doesn't matter as much to me, so I've not been bothered by it.

Yea, just tried again.  I now have my GoZ back in my General release version.  Just strange that the other stuff seems to install. I would have thought with the beta in it's own directory that the beta plugins would all go in too. 

• RAMWolff said:

Yea, just tried again.  I now have my GoZ back in my General release version.  Just strange that the other stuff seems to install. I would have thought with the beta in it's own directory that the beta plugins would all go in too. 

Perhaps it's a design choice, since you can have multiple copies of both installed simultaneously. GoZ in Studio will use the latest version of zBrush, and you can choose in zBrush which version of DAZ Studio to send it to.

• antaresantares Posts: 26

He there

Thx for this Update, new Startup-Pic (yes!) and everytime you make a good work to UpDate this fine Product!

1st, great, i can tell, that the Save-Procedure is now very quickly!

2nd, a bug or a future, when i "duplicate" some Objects in the Main-View with a specified Camera-View activated, the Camera-Mode swaps to "Bridged-Cameras" and came not back to my specified Camera-View?!

... once a time become the "5" a new exciting Status.

bg
    @ntares

• I've already submitted the suggestion to technical support, but I wanted to put it out here as well. I think that painting weight maps is a great thing, but DAZ is not a painting application, and there are better tools for that. I would like to suggest that you allow the import of painted weight maps from programs like Zbrush, Substance Painter or 3D Coat. If you create a component that can convert a greyscale image to a weight map, you could really allow for a lot more precise control of them, and allow us to use more precise tools for painting. You're already using the surface section to control what happens so it doesn't seem like such a stretch to allow an imported map to act as the control.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    RAMWolff said:

That's because ZBrush and Photoshop can only be linked to one version, so to avoid confusion only one version can be installed at a time.

• OK, I have DAZ Studio 4.10.0.101 (32-bit) Public Build +Beta+ installed.

:0( - When I go to render settings, "There is No Option for IRAY" .

Also, is there a 64 versio of  DAZ Studio 4.10.0.101 (32-bit) Public Build +Beta+ that can be downloaded????

Exactly do I enter into the DS Installer as step 3??? I have tried what has been shown and I do not see a DS versio or a 64x bit version

Many Thanks

DR

• I've already submitted the suggestion to technical support, but I wanted to put it out here as well. I think that painting weight maps is a great thing, but DAZ is not a painting application, and there are better tools for that. I would like to suggest that you allow the import of painted weight maps from programs like Zbrush, Substance Painter or 3D Coat. If you create a component that can convert a greyscale image to a weight map, you could really allow for a lot more precise control of them, and allow us to use more precise tools for painting. You're already using the surface section to control what happens so it doesn't seem like such a stretch to allow an imported map to act as the control.

I'm not certain this can be done, simply because weight maps are the relationship between the influence of the bones on the surface of a mesh.

This isn't texture painting, it's a ssigning weights to vertices - the map is the relationship between a list of vertices and a list of weights, not an image file. (Morphs are also a form of vertex map, matching a list of vertices with a list of offsets.)

Also, is there a 64 versio of  DAZ Studio 4.10.0.101 (32-bit) Public Build +Beta+ that can be downloaded????

Exactly do I enter into the DS Installer as step 3??? I have tried what has been shown and I do not see a DS versio or a 64x bit version

Many Thanks

DR

Iray is 64 bit only, make sure that you have your Install Manager Download filtrs set correctly - you should see the 64 bit beta.

RAMWolff said:

That's because ZBrush and Photoshop can only be linked to one version, so to avoid confusion only one version can be installed at a time.

That's a really weird restriction considering one is a General release and the other Beta release.  Often times other programs allow for their beta's to run along side their General release products along with their plugins.... Oh well, thanks for the info! 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

That's a really weird restriction considering one is a General release and the other Beta release.  Often times other programs allow for their beta's to run along side their General release products along with their plugins.... Oh well, thanks for the info! 

While the files installed to Daz Studio by these plugins are in separate locations for the General Release and the Beta, the files installed to the other application (ZBrush or Photoshop) are installed to the same place, so they would overwrite each other.  If both were allowed to be installed at the same time, then inside each Daz Studio build it would appear to be installed, but the other application only sees the one that was installed last.  And if you uninstalled one version, the files in the other application would be removed, so both versions would stop working.

•  

This isn't texture painting, it's a ssigning weights to vertices - the map is the relationship between a list of vertices and a list of weights, not an image file. (Morphs are also a form of vertex map, matching a list of vertices with a list of offsets.)

I beg to differ. It's very similar if not exactly the same to what painting programs do with generating color and greyscale values according to UV positions on the surface of a mesh. The only difference is what is being interpreted by the color values assigned to that surface. Every time you select a bone and then select the node weight map brush, the weight is represented by a color value and it's position on the figure that's displayed in the viewport. So somewhere that value is stored along with it's position on the 3D figure. That weight value is mapped into a visual represenation of color value on the surface of the selected mesh just like a Normal, Map, Displacement Map, Specular map, etc.  --or else we wouldn't be using paint tools to set up that value.  The only difference in what I suggested is how those values are generated. 3D Paint programs are designed from the ground up to be precise in the assignment of color value and their tools are more robust because that's what it's designed to do. It sounds like you're saying that DAZ Studio can't interpret a color value and position in order to determine the area of effect and strength--which it already does with all the specialized maps like displacement, bump, sss, glossiness and the like. Or am I missing something?

•  

I beg to differ. It's very similar if not exactly the same to what painting programs do with generating color and greyscale values according to UV positions on the surface of a mesh. The only difference is what is being interpreted by the color values assigned to that surface. Every time you select a bone and then select the node weight map brush, the weight is represented by a color value and it's position on the figure that's displayed in the viewport. So somewhere that value is stored along with it's position on the 3D figure. That weight value is mapped into a visual represenation of color value on the surface of the selected mesh just like a Normal, Map, Displacement Map, Specular map, etc.  --or else we wouldn't be using paint tools to set up that value.  The only difference in what I suggested is how those values are generated. 3D Paint programs are designed from the ground up to be precise in the assignment of color value and their tools are more robust because that's what it's designed to do. It sounds like you're saying that DAZ Studio can't interpret a color value and position in order to determine the area of effect and strength--which it already does with all the specialized maps like displacement, bump, sss, glossiness and the like. Or am I missing something?

I think I see the problem; you're looking at the tools and color and seeing "paint" when it's more closely related to things like "smooth" or "move". The only purpose of the colors is to give us visual feedback that something is happening, just like when you see a vertex or group of them move in zBrush or blender.

Many Thanks

DR

Hello Richard

What I had to do was Open DAZInstaller and Go To "Installed".

Uninstall the 32bit Version of Daz Studio Pro BETA Public

After I had done that, then I could follow the Instructions to Install the Daz Studio Pro BETA Public version.

:0) I now have the 64x Version Installed with No problems with IRAY

DR

Iray is 64 bit only, make sure that you have your Install Manager Download filtrs set correctly - you should see the 64 bit beta.

• I have a strange problem. DIMM is downloading the beta but can't seem to install it. Everytime I refresh. the beta is always in the ready-to-install queue.

Anybody have the same issue?

• rinkuchal said:

I have a strange problem. DIMM is downloading the beta but can't seem to install it. Everytime I refresh. the beta is always in the ready-to-install queue.

What security software are you using? If this is Windows, are getting (and allowing) the pop-up for DIM making changes to the system?

• rinkuchalrinkuchal Posts: 38
    edited October 2017
    rinkuchal said:

I have a strange problem. DIMM is downloading the beta but can't seem to install it. Everytime I refresh. the beta is always in the ready-to-install queue.

What security software are you using? If this is Windows, are getting (and allowing) the pop-up for DIM making changes to the system?

I have MacAfee installed, and no, I got the prompt once but didn't get it on the next tries. I already tried running as Admin.

Post edited by rinkuchal on
  • Running as admin is likely to cause problems, so avoid that. McAfee itself may well be the root of the issue - try disconnecting from the Internet, turning McAfee off, and isntalling (then turn McAfee back on and reconnect).

• A cloth simulating physics engine is exactly what I am looking for right now.

How do I update to this new version?

My version is still coming up as 4.9.

4.10 is not appearing as an update in Install manager, and there does not appear to be an option for finding updates in DS itself.

• 4.10 is a Public beta  -you need to buy the free public Beta product from the store, and make sure that your Download filters are set to show thr Public Build channel in DIM.