3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

TaslaqTaslaq Posts: 78
edited October 2017 in The Commons

Hello everyone

I’m Mo Taslaq the co-founder and CEO of Mixed Dimensions the company that created GamePrint. We have been hard at work for the last couple of years in collaboration with the Daz3D team to provide a high-quality 3D printing service that matches your expectations.

We are really proud and super excited to launch our GamePrint plugin for Daz3D and hope to get your feedback.

To turn your Daz3D  characters to 3D printed collectibles, we had to solve many challenging issues that are facing the 3D printing industry in general.

First, we had to figure out a way to automatically turn your Daz content into a printable form, and this is what our technology exactly does, it makes your content printable.

Second, we needed to figure out a process in which we can produce very high-quality figures with full vibrant colors that match with your expectation for that we invested heavily into building a fantastic production pipeline.

Finally, we create a plugin to make the process streamlined to turn your Daz character into a collectible and shipped directly to your address.

We wanted to add all the steps and answer as many questions as possible in this post, the following will give you an idea to what you can expect from our plugin:

Plugin Pricing

Base price is $19.5, and we have it’s currently $13.97 due to promotional pricing.

Print Pricing

We offer the standard 7 inch model for $250 , and as a launch promotion, we are offering it with a 10% discount and shipping included.

We will soon offer other sizes and options

How much does shipping cost?

Currently, during our launch week, we offer free shipping for a limited time. SO get your orders today.

How is shipping and taxes calculated?

Generally, we are shipping from Europe and can ship to any corner on Earth. Once our promotion is done, you will be able to get a quote on shipping and taxes for each order

How long will production and shipping take?

It usually takes 3-4 weeks shipping and production.

Material used

We print using high detailed resin.

Finalization and post processing

Each model is hand painted.

How to order a GamePrint collectible

https://www.daz3d.com/gameprint-3d-print-plugin

1. Add to cart

2. Check out the plugin costs $19.95 and in celebration of the launching are offering a 30% off. It will cost only $13.97.

3. Instal the plugin using Daz install manager

4. To use the Plugin go to To Window then navigate to the Panes(Tabs)

5. Choose the GamePrint 3D Print.

6. A Window will appear now we only support 7 inch and standard material finish we will be supporting 12inch and other finishes very soon.

7. Click order and it will start uploading.

8. When it's finished uploading You will be redirected to the GamePrint page.

9. Create a GamePrint account.

10. Click order

11. Add your shipping and payment details then place the order.

12. We will review the model and you will be able to track the model status.

13. When it's done you will be notified and we will be sending you the shipping tracking number.

You can reach me and my team at https://daz3d.gameprint.net/contact​ or contact me directly [email protected]

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,746

Firstly, I wanna say that I think this is a brilliant idea for your business. I look forward to having a number of my characters printed out and finished off by you guys. What I have seen here looks amazing!

(If I am understanding this properly) I think what you would likely need to make clear, and what is likely confusing to customers here is that you are selling a service. The buying of the plugin is just a tie in to the service you are offering, it is not a plugin that is something usable to the customer on it's own, it is just a tool that will allow customers to create a product that is ready for your services.

Generally when we buy plugins here, it is for something that end up usable for us at the customer end. But with this one, there really is nothing generated that can be used directly by the customer. It is simply a bridge to your services.

Once that is clear and understood, then people may understand better what the value of your plugin is.

Anyway.....plugin is in my cart, and I will think up ideas for projects to print out.....the quality you have shown is amazing

Rawn

RawArt

• Will there ever be the following options?

Unpainted figures (some of us paint already, and I could see trying for a Crystal Brush on something like this!)

28mm scale print, unpainted (my main use of 3d printing from Studio would be custom figures for my wargaming hobbies, not statuettes)

• Is the 7 or 12 inch including the base? What's the minimum base we can have? 

Ive never 3D printed anything before, but this does sound interesting.

I will say that although I think the products and service look amazing, paying for the plugin isn't in your best interest, unless you as a consumer could export something.

• TaslaqTaslaq Posts: 78
    Hanabi said:

Will there ever be the following options?

Unpainted figures (some of us paint already, and I could see trying for a Crystal Brush on something like this!)

28mm scale print, unpainted (my main use of 3d printing from Studio would be custom figures for my wargaming hobbies, not statuettes)

Hi,

Thank you for your comment - wow I love the fact that you do your own painting :) can you send me images of the work you did ? we are currently working on adding printing single and primed models for 7" and 12" - mayeb later we do custom sizes :)

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    Karuki said:

Is the 7 or 12 inch including the base? What's the minimum base we can have? 

If you didn't upload the base with the model then we will add a base from our end and it won't be included in the scale but if you modeled a base that needs to be printed with the model then it will be inlcuded in the scale. you can just skip the base and we will add it which means that your character will take the full scale.

I will say that although I think the products and service look amazing, paying for the plugin isn't in your best interest, unless you as a consumer could export something.

The plugin cost will be deducted from the first order. It is paid because of the fact that each submitted model is processed on our cloud and it requires massive processing before we can proceed with an order.

Also had we distributed the plugin for free means that even if someone is not interested in printing, he\she will be able to submit files which are processing intensive on our end and will delay processing for real customers. We prefer to focus on quality and ensure a high-quality service for our customers.

RawArt said:

Firstly, I wanna say that I think this is a brilliant idea for your business. I look forward to having a number of my characters printed out and finished off by you guys. What I have seen here looks amazing!

(If I am understanding this properly) I think what you would likely need to make clear, and what is likely confusing to customers here is that you are selling a service. The buying of the plugin is just a tie in to the service you are offering, it is not a plugin that is something usable to the customer on it's own, it is just a tool that will allow customers to create a product that is ready for your services.

Generally when we buy plugins here, it is for something that end up usable for us at the customer end. But with this one, there really is nothing generated that can be used directly by the customer. It is simply a bridge to your services.

Once that is clear and understood, then people may understand better what the value of your plugin is.

Anyway.....plugin is in my cart, and I will think up ideas for projects to print out.....the quality you have shown is amazing

Rawn

RawArt

Hi RawArt,

Yes, the plugin is a tie to our service but one point to why it is paid is the fact that each submitted model is actually processed on our cloud and it requires heavy processing to get a Daz model to be print-ready using our technology (think of it as an equal cost to cloud rendering) and you can still cancel the order which means cost on our end, distributing the plugin for free means that even if someone not really intersted in printing he\she will be able to submit files that is processing intensive on our end so in order to avoid this and focus on the quality of the service for real customers we decided to offer the plugin as paid and then deduct form the first print which means better results for everyone.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,746
    GamePrint said:
    RawArt said:

Rawn

RawArt

Hi RawArt,

Yes, the plugin is a tie to our service but one point to why it is paid is the fact that each submitted model is actually processed on our cloud and it requires heavy processing to get a Daz model to be print-ready using our technology (think of it as an equal cost to cloud rendering) and you can still cancel the order which means cost on our end, distributing the plugin for free means that even if someone not really intersted in printing he\she will be able to submit files that is processing intensive on our end so in order to avoid this and focus on the quality of the service for real customers we decided to offer the plugin as paid and then deduct form the first print which means better results for everyone.

I never said anything about the plugin needing to be free. It is such a low cost that it is not a big deal. It is simply that the customer needs to know what the plugin does.

One problem with 3d printing services before was that it required the service company to have the files from the daz store available in their inventory in order to do the printout. That would have meant the customer would have had to buy a seperate copy of the files to give to the service (or it would violate the eula), and that was an expence no one wanted. So buying your plugin eliminates that and provides a clear bridge for getting things done.

So there is no problem paying that small fee for that.

RawArt said:
    GamePrint said:
    RawArt said:

Rawn

RawArt

Hi RawArt,

I never said anything about the plugin needing to be free. It is such a low cost that it is not a big deal. It is simply that the customer needs to know what the plugin does.

One problem with 3d printing services before was that it required the service company to have the files from the daz store available in their inventory in order to do the printout. That would have meant the customer would have had to buy a seperate copy of the files to give to the service (or it would violate the eula), and that was an expence no one wanted. So buying your plugin eliminates that and provides a clear bridge for getting things done.

So there is no problem paying that small fee for that.

Thanks smiley 

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited October 2017

Thank you for all your answers!!

But here`s another Question. :)

Lets say - I´ve created a "super unique - beautiful - stunning" Scene inside of DAZ-Studio and send it, via the plugin to you, you print/paint it and send it back to me.

Who now holds the "copyright" of this "absolutely unique" statue

If I render a image, using DAZ-Studio and Content ... I hold all rights for the image .... how is this with the printed statues??

Post edited by HoMart on
  • eposiceposic Posts: 32

Cool idea. Hope the service lives up to the potential. I might even use it.

At first I thought maybe the plugin would allow me to do a 3D print myself, if I only had a 3D printer. The fact that the resulting models are hand-painted clued me in that this was a service. But I had to come here to get an idea of how much the service really costs. Buying the plugin is one thing. Paying for the 3D-printed model is quite something else. I won't be ordering a 3D-printed chess set made of my favorite DAZ models. :) I might buy a set of three to six models representing characters from the novel I'm currently writing. Could use them as prizes if I do a Kickstarter for the book.

I would like to know, however, if it would be possible to order a number of models at the same time, and have them 3D-printed separtely, but all on the same scale. So if I had a Daddy Bear, a Mommy Bear, a Baby Bear, and Goldilocks to 3D-print, just for example, would they all be 7 inches tall, or could I get Daddy Bear at 7 inches, Mommy Bear at 6 inches, and Baby Bear and Goldilocks a good deal shorter? Would I have to include in each scene a common object that would force the scale for each?

HoMart said:

Thank you for all your answers!!

But here`s another Question. :)

Lets say - I´ve created a "super unique - beautiful - stunning" Scene inside of DAZ-Studio and send it, via the plugin to you, you print/paint it and send it back to me.

Who now holds the "copyright" of this "absolutely unique" statue

If I render a image, using DAZ-Studio and Content ... I hold all rights for the image .... how is this with the printed statues??

I think Daz can answer to this question better than us so will leave it to someone from Daz to answer smiley

edited October 2017
    eposic said:

Cool idea. Hope the service lives up to the potential. I might even use it.

At first I thought maybe the plugin would allow me to do a 3D print myself, if I only had a 3D printer. The fact that the resulting models are hand-painted clued me in that this was a service. But I had to come here to get an idea of how much the service really costs. Buying the plugin is one thing. Paying for the 3D-printed model is quite something else. I won't be ordering a 3D-printed chess set made of my favorite DAZ models. :) I might buy a set of three to six models representing characters from the novel I'm currently writing. Could use them as prizes if I do a Kickstarter for the book.

I would like to know, however, if it would be possible to order a number of models at the same time, and have them 3D-printed separtely, but all on the same scale. So if I had a Daddy Bear, a Mommy Bear, a Baby Bear, and Goldilocks to 3D-print, just for example, would they all be 7 inches tall, or could I get Daddy Bear at 7 inches, Mommy Bear at 6 inches, and Baby Bear and Goldilocks a good deal shorter? Would I have to include in each scene a common object that would force the scale for each?

Currently we only support 1 character per order on a 7 inch size, in the future you will be able to use custom sizes and scales. 

We would love to print a dioramas or even chess sets in the future, that is exciting  smiley

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791

exactly what materials are used in the print?

I have a lovely little V6 with guns DAZ sent me as a gift made of some sandstone type composition that apparently is rather fragile as a few people have found, mine still in mint condition but I would still prefer something a bit more durable if shelling out for a figurine myself.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Very cool, brilliant idea and quality work! Only natural this would cost some money. Hope it works out for you guys.

th3Digit said:

exactly what materials are used in the print?

I have a lovely little V6 with guns DAZ sent me as a gift made of some sandstone type composition that apparently is rather fragile as a few people have found, mine still in mint condition but I would still prefer something a bit more durable if shelling out for a figurine myself.

High detailed resin winkand definitly not sandstone as personally I wouldn't print a cube in sandstone because it is horrible and fragile cheeky we use materials that really works best for figurines, it took us around 2 years trying out different materials to end up with our current selection that actually preserves quality while being durable.

Very cool, brilliant idea and quality work! Only natural this would cost some money. Hope it works out for you guys.

Thanks smiley wait until you see the packaging too wink

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Like many, I suspect, I wish I had the money to get a model or two (or three ... cheeky).  Having said that, from the quality and size Ihave seen in the various images posted in various threads I do not think you are under-selling or over-pricing things - especilly if you consider the handd-pianted aspect.

If for no other reason that that you will in the future expand your options as described (size, colours, etc.,) I wish you nothing but great success as by then I may have the money to actually buy the pluyg-in and, more imprtantly, a model!  It looks a brilliant service sand I wish you and your employees the best!

One thing that strikes me is that I think some peopel may be wondering aout what their figures might look like when 3D printed.  Would it be possible for you to showcase some results from customer supplied orders (copyright, etc., permitting) so that us punters can get an idea of 'real' results and not those that are likely to be especially produced for demo/display purposes; even though I suspect people will be showing off their figurines!

edited October 2017
    SimonJM said:

Like many, I suspect, I wish I had the money to get a model or two (or three ... cheeky).  Having said that, from the quality and size Ihave seen in the various images posted in various threads I do not think you are under-selling or over-pricing things - especilly if you consider the handd-pianted aspect.

If for no other reason that that you will in the future expand your options as described (size, colours, etc.,) I wish you nothing but great success as by then I may have the money to actually buy the pluyg-in and, more imprtantly, a model!  It looks a brilliant service sand I wish you and your employees the best!

One thing that strikes me is that I think some peopel may be wondering aout what their figures might look like when 3D printed.  Would it be possible for you to showcase some results from customer supplied orders (copyright, etc., permitting) so that us punters can get an idea of 'real' results and not those that are likely to be especially produced for demo/display purposes; even though I suspect people will be showing off their figurines!

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot :D we will do our best to get the quality even higher and to try to lower the pricing point. we will share more images and showcase some prints in the next few days but here is images for one of the first shipments shipped during our closed beta. 

GamePrint packaging.jpg
    720 x 960 - 61K
    GamePrint unpacking.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 425K
    GamePrint.jpg
    720 x 960 - 62K
    Post edited by GamePrint on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

This looks like a cool service! Glad to see Daz finally get on the 3d print bandwagon.

GamePrint said:
    SimonJM said:

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot :D we will do our best to get the quality even higher and to try to lower the pricing point. we will share more images and showcase some prints in the next few days but here is images for one of the first shipments shipped during our closed beta. 

Great images. look forward to seeing more examples of what DAZ users are having printed.

SimonJM said:

Hi,

Thank you foe the kind words :) I am attaching a number of models that we havw Ok to market :)

Fred2.jpg
    785 x 1500 - 638K
    21845765_10155710072877498_903169395_o.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 425K
    22219238_10155753033387498_1298424688_o.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 262K

Also please check the following models :) 

MoFilth.jpg
    960 x 960 - 71K
    MoHorse.jpg
    720 x 960 - 52K
    MoTroll.jpg
    720 x 960 - 50K
  • Hanabi said:

exactly, I think there's a market for wargaming pieces unpainted. Lots of people would love their custom character to paint..

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I can definitely see myself socking away some Daz budget every month to save up for this. Not sure yet what I’d have painted but figuring that out would be the fun part. 

• lol no wonder the prices weren't listed..I think its waaay too expensive but I have faith in technology improving and the price dropping..but until that happens and the service is available at sub $100 there no way I would pay that if I thought my customers would pay that price then I would do it in a heartbeat.

Hanabi said:

exactly, I think there's a market for wargaming pieces unpainted. Lots of people would love their custom character to paint..

We will introduce the unpainted option and different scales, I guess we need to push it in the near future given the feedback we are getting smiley

I can definitely see myself socking away some Daz budget every month to save up for this. Not sure yet what I’d have painted but figuring that out would be the fun part. 

Can't wait to see what you will throw in our way :D

lol no wonder the prices weren't listed..I think its waaay too expensive but I have faith in technology improving and the price dropping..but until that happens and the service is available at sub $100 there no way I would pay that if I thought my customers would pay that price then I would do it in a heartbeat.

We are trying our best to reduce the pricing point, hopefully we will reach into that point, we are a technology company too so we are definitly working on it ;)

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

lol no wonder the prices weren't listed..I think its waaay too expensive but I have faith in technology improving and the price dropping..but until that happens and the service is available at sub $100 there no way I would pay that if I thought my customers would pay that price then I would do it in a heartbeat.

$250 for a model of that size, detail, and hand painted is well within the price range I'm used to seeing for mass produced collectible figurines.  It's not unusual for ones of that detail quality that are not hand painted to be more expensive than this.  Granted, $250 is still outside of my price range, but I think their pricing is right in line, even a bit better, than the competetion.  And that's not even factoring in that these are all exclusive, unique figures, not one out of 500,000 (or more).

dragotx said:

$250 for a model of that size, detail, and hand painted is well within the price range I'm used to seeing for mass produced collectible figurines.  It's not unusual for ones of that detail quality that are not hand painted to be more expensive than this.  Granted, $250 is still outside of my price range, but I think their pricing is right in line, even a bit better, than the competetion.  And that's not even factoring in that these are all exclusive, unique figures, not one out of 500,000 (or more).

Thanks smiley if it was casted then it will be cheaper and the fact that it is a unique 3D print with maximum details on around 25 micron resolution make a lot of difference as well.

• There have been several questions and comments in this thread about the rights on a 3D printed item.  As epr the EULA, custoemrs are currently allowed to 3D print items for personal, non-commercial use.  This plugin does not change that.  Prints can be ordered for yourself, but not that you intend to sell.