Novica & Forum Members' Half A Million Views + Contest

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    dHandle said:
    barbult said:

#2 "I'd rather be on the forums." (than slogging through mud)

WOW!  This looks great!  Very realistic, which is my favorite look.

@barbalt This has the look of materials from Substance Painter (which I just got a couple weeks ago).  May I ask if that's what you used?

Thanks for the compliment! Those are the textures that come with the Outlander Truck. That truck is made by DarkEdgeDesign, though, and he is the author of the tutorial product about using Substance Painter textures with Daz Studio. So, he probably used Substance Painter to create those textures.

RGcincy said:
    barbult said:

#2 "I'd rather be on the forums." (than slogging through mud)

Super render barbult! What background is that?

The background is an HDRI from HDRI Haven. It is called Mud Road, fittingly. I rendered the image as Iray Canvases and applied some HDR processing in Photoshop. I'm glad you found it interesting!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited August 2017

I've been meaning to put in a few entries since this contest started, but somehow suddenly it's nearly the end of the month, so I had to make a belated start.

#1 - The "Perfect" Holiday (aka "I'd Rather Be on the Forums")

Actually this is semi-autobiographical. Back in my youth I made the mistake of taking a holiday with friends who turned out to have different ideas to me on what constituted a great vacation. We went to Crete, where I hoped we might hire a car and spend time visiting the historic sites, stunning mountain scenery, atmospheric villages, ... Turned out they only wanted to lie on a beach and get a tan. I don't tan. I do burn. I read a lot of books that fortnight. Never had a beach holiday since.

Perfect-Holiday.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 573K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

burn baby burn wink

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    MelanieL said:

Actually this is semi-autobiographical. Back in my youth I made the mistake of taking a holiday with friends who turned out to have different ideas to me on what constituted a great vacation. We went to Crete, where I hoped we might hire a car and spend time visiting the historic sites, stunning mountain scenery, atmospheric villages, ... Turned out they only wanted to lie on a beach and get a tan. I don't tan. I do burn. I read a lot of books that fortnight. Never had a beach holiday since.

That would be me on the beach too. Like you, I burn, not tan. And I love archaeology. Laying on a beach for two weeks would have sent me up a wall.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

The freebie section has been updated recently with a lot of 3delight light sets if you haven't looked lately

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@melanieL   Yep, she would definitely have more fun on the forums! I'm with Rich, I would've gone NUTS doing that- and I'm in Pensacola, only 30 minutes from the beach. I do, however, get very dark. I'm just smart enough NOT to. Cancer isn't worth it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited August 2017

@RGcincy - I was saved from "up a wall" by the fact that the hotel had some half-decent Greek-myth inspired fiction. But I was sad to see so little of the island.

@Serene Night - I was surprised to find 7 items (including 2 bundles) that I didn't have on that freebie page - I still use 3Delight at times so I might get some use out of them. Thanks for pointing me there!

@Novica - I'm with you on the cancer. Luckily we don't get so much sun in the UK that I risk burning very often, but I do keep well covered up and slap on the SPF50 when I need to be outside. Better safe than sorry.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

What is this thing called the sun you talk about? winkAs I look out my window all I see is gray fog. I take vitamin d because the climate is so sun deficient where I live!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    barbult said:
    dHandle said:

Thanks for the compliment! Those are the textures that come with the Outlander Truck. That truck is made by DarkEdgeDesign, though, and he is the author of the tutorial product about using Substance Painter textures with Daz Studio. So, he probably used Substance Painter to create those textures.

@barbult  Very Nice!  Yeah, I broke down and bought DarkEdgeDesign's SP in DAZ in the last week or so.  Been working my way through it.  Good stuff, no doubt. And you're right about him probably using SP in those textures.  The look is very familiar.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited August 2017

This has been an entertaining thread and I had ment to participate sooner. But too busy doing nothing important, the month has almost run out on me!

Life as a superstar isn't always easy and even though Ducky enjoys interacting with his fans, sometimes he can be thinking:

I'd rather be on the forum

(Original idea was to have hordes of screaming fans, but due to computer hardware limitations, and for the safety of Ducky, I found it best to limit the number of affectionate Ducky fans to two lucky girls, getting some quality time meet and greet with their idol.)

RatherBeOnTheForum.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

That's gorgeous, Isidorn. smiley

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited August 2017

Escape the Invasion
    aka: I'd rather be on the forums

InvasionEscape.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 407K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on

I've had a blast keep up with this.  Lots of great images entered. 

@Fishtales  Love the tiger image.  I'm wondering if the monkeys survived the tiger getting free.

@Isidorn  Great idea.  And, yes, keeping Ducky safe from the huge number of fans he has is probably a good idea.  :)

These are a lot of fun! Yes, it would be impossible to do ALL the Ducky fans!  

And I don't think the bicycle is going to be enough to run from that!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited August 2017

Things Pets Do to Try and Keep You Off the Forums.

fraggle.jpg
    1800 x 1500 - 440K
    Post edited by luci45 on

@luci45   This one happens to be VERY true. Only mine gets in the chair with me then bumps my elbow constantly, joustling the mouse. Very cute!

edited August 2017

@isidorn  Only need two fans when they look like that! fun image

This weekend Cincinnati holds its annual Riverfest. As part of that, there is a rubber duck regatta to raise funds for a food bank. Here's an image of the event from 2014 with ducky and all his friends enjoying the waters of the Ohio River. 

rubber duck regatta.jpg
    800 x 527 - 502K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

That's a lot of ducks!  There is a big 5k "Waddle Duck Pholic" in Ithaca, NY near where I used to live that does the same thing.  It's a big event held in April and put on by the local 4H group.  It's tons of fun watching all of those rubber duckies swim the creek.  I don't think they do that many ducks, though.  That's a lot of yellow in that picture!

The news reported there were 150,000 that year. I wonder if Ultrascatter could do that many?

When I first saw that image (before reading what you posted) I thought, "Rich is at it again. Any excuse for another Big City Render!" 

I remember seeing those ducks on television. Quite funny!

Novica said:

I thought, "Rich is at it again. Any excuse for another Big City Render!" 

You're tempting me...

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited August 2017

"The forums gave me the idea.  Isn't this great?" 

Titled: Beverly Acting All Sexy

Beverly Acting All Sexy.png
    3000 x 1854 - 7M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! smiley

luci45 said:

Cats in a nutshell - "Why are you paying attention to that silly screen when you should be paying attention to me!" smiley

Escape the Invasion
    aka: I'd rather be on the forums

But maybe they're friendly and just want the URL to the forums? wink

@RGcincy That's a lot of Duckies! I've seen something similar before, but I don't think it was that many. I never got the ultra scatterer, but now I'm tempted. smiley 

"The forums gave me the idea.  Isn't this great?" 

Titled: Beverly Acting All Sexy

She's probably just jealous she didn't get to meet Ducky. wink Are you saying there's a lot of posts on the forums about sexy ladies? Then I will absolutely have to agree! smiley

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

@Knittingmommy : nice idea... :-) and thanks for the support.

Next addons: "Rockets for City Bike", "Gun Turret for City Bike",  ... laugh

@luci45: beautiful...

Kind regards, Eagle99

@saphirewild    LOL, yep, I've seen a few sexy ladies on the forums. Good job!

Eagle99 said:

@Knittingmommy : nice idea... :-) and thanks for the support.

Next addons: "Rockets for City Bike", "Gun Turret for City Bike",  ... laugh

@Eagle99  Could be a cool idea!  Just saying.  laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

"I'd rather be on the forums..."

....than cleaning up puppy pee with my gigantic bucket, and have a load of laundry to do and a stack of housework. 

NovicaContest.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 859K

@jakiblue   LOL LOL LOL!!!!

jakiblue said:

"I'd rather be on the forums..."

....than cleaning up puppy pee with my gigantic bucket, and have a load of laundry to do and a stack of housework. 

Awesome! (I was just scooping up cat poop and pee as my last one was rendering.)

Some really fun and funny renders. I just started getting ideas and it's over tomorrow. laugh 

edited August 2017

"The forums made me do it."

I used to think I was a very serious person...

(Yes, I would dress like this if I could get away with it. cheeky)

the forums made me 1.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 274K
    Post edited by luci45 on