The Pose Request Thread

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Other sites (and this one, in some cases) have the "sexy pinups" category extremely well covered. Here's what I'd like to see and have for Genesis men and women: Effectively I don't care what morph you use, I can adapt.

-Mad Scientist. Mixing beakers, hunched over lab bench, milking the giant cow (IT's ALIVE!), fleeing the creature, etc.

-Ordinary conversation. Sitting or standing, with facial expressions if it can be managed.

-Sports or athletics. Seriously, you could fill an entire pack with people running, falling down, and getting back up again, and I bet we'd all buy it.

-Ghosts. Think about the physical gyrations Japanese horror ghosts go through, or in games like Deadly Premonition. Bending way backward, spiderwalking, posed braced in a corner of the ceiling, climbing out of something, etc.

-Men relaxing alone. As in, not flexing, not with women draped over them, just reclining or sitting, like Greek statues.

I know some will not be logistically reasonable for you, and some you've already learned won't sell, but if you make poses and are wracking your brains...

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Some nice ideas in that list.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Geneis:

I would like some... Everyday 'maintenance poses.' Person with mop/broom
    Person using wrench
    Person kneeling to fix something in say a maintenance shaft, control panel (suitable for sci-fi), using a hammer, fixing a fence etc
    Flipping burgers
    Saddling a horse
    Doing medical stuff, checking temperature, pulse, forehead for fever etc. (suitable for nurse, doctor, whatnot)
    Eating food with utensils
    On horse 2 with saddle/bridle
    Guy poses, talking, chatting, hanging with buddies
    Expressions for men

I really like some of the 'fear' poses for gen 4. Would like something similar to Under Attack, or others, where characters are afraid, running, hiding, avoiding stuff, hiding against walls, peering over fence, through cracks, window blinds.

REscue poses...

Indiana jones whip style poses
    Jumping (like over chasm, objects, logs).

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Ooh, good ideas. I'd love to have the fear and medical ones especially.

edited December 1969

I'm always looking for day to day stuff for characters to do that doesn't involve weapons or fighting or looking hot. I do have plenty of weapons poses already and plenty of smexy stuff.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:

-Men relaxing alone. As in, not flexing, not with women draped over them, just reclining or sitting, like Greek statues.

Can't remember the last time I relaxed when I wasn't flexing with women draped over me ;-)

But I'm sure the women would complain about being hurled through the air by the sudden bulging of giant muscles.:-D

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Silly person. :D

Some other ideas:

-Space Opera poses. Working at consoles, consulting clipboards, aiming zappy guns, being sucked up into a light beam, standing at attention and at ease.

-Working at a computer. Not just typing, but typing, using a mouse while eating a snack with the other hand, yelling at the screen, leaning violently to one side while playing a racing game - I know I at least produce a variety of grimaces and gestures in the course of a day's work or play that I'd pay to see show up in a pose pack.

-Dancing in a club. Seriously, have you seen a single pose set that was deliberately for club dancing? But it's a huge part of our popular culture, and half the contemporary female outfits sold here look like clubbing gear. It's not like there's a lack of visual reference, there's tons and tons of music videos on YouTube.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

They exist for Generation 4. Gen 4 poses require adaptation to work with Genesis, and even Posemaster doesn't do that perfectly. That's why I said in the first post that "this is what I'd like to see for Genesis men and women." Other sites do things like releasing a purely V4 pose set and claiming it's for V4Genesis when it absolutely does not work correctly on Genesis without a script to adjust it (there's one in the Rendo Prime Club, yet).

I'm sure I'm not the only Genesis user who is willing to pay for good poses for that figure, whether or not they already exist in Gen 4. I'm using these in professional promos, and time is money.

edited December 1969

I second the need for genesis poses. My library is full of gen4 poses, and my preferred character of choice is genesis so each set requires adjustment. I would prefer not to adjust feet, hands, and such. Not to mention the expression sets and props that go with these sets... Aren't as usuable.

I like the idea of space opera poses. Since my preferred area of interest is sci-fi, I'd love more of those! I spent hours trying to fit characters into the shuttlestar for example... It didn't come with any poses... And it would've been nice to have some sets for characters to work the consoles and such.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    They exist for Generation 4. Gen 4 poses require adaptation to work with Genesis, and even Posemaster doesn't do that perfectly.

Aah I see. Sorry, I missed the nuance.

Of course I wouldn't mind nobody making pose sets for Genesis, as its likely to drive up my PoseMaster sales ;-)

Well, it certainly does handle that better than any other solution I've tried, and I'm glad I bought it. ;)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited March 2013

Other sites (and this one, in some cases) have the "sexy pinups" category extremely well covered. Here's what I'd like to see and have for Genesis men and women: Effectively I don't care what morph you use, I can adapt.

-Ordinary conversation. Sitting or standing, with facial expressions if it can be managed.

Casual Friday poses for V5 and Genesis. Upper and lower halves separated, and expressions are incorporated into the poses, and not separate. I have wished for a tiny bit more variety, especially with the lower halves, and that the expressions were separate, but they're good starting points.

And also:
    - Artyficial furniture and poses (Granted, some paired poses, but the poses actually work with solo men or women; there's surprisingly little direct interaction.)
    - Easy going poses for Michael 5. Some of them are a bit ... modelly, I suppose. And the promo pictures don't help -- I've certainly never lounged decoratively on a gym floor -- but the principles are there, at least.
    - Inebriated poses for Michael 5 .... OK, so it's a specific type of relaxation!
    - Relax and Sleep II for Genesis; includes solo poses as well as couples poses
    - M5 Poses 02: Floor: depends on what you need, for this set.
    - At Home poses for V5-M5: both paired and solo poses
    - Generation poses

Actually, looking at that list, it looks like Tako Yakida does almost everything relaxational. Maybe you could persuade him to do a big huge special Uber set of relaxed poses! (Well, I'd buy it.)

The aiming zappy guns part of space opera seems well covered, although none of the rest of it necessarily is.

- Virago poses for V5
    - Action men poses for Freak 5 and Michael 5: "poses are made with SciFi Firearms Pack and The Firearm Pack, and Katana from Journey Scout"
    - Deep space action: zappy guns in zero-gee! (... OK, mostly just the zero gee stuff, but the zappy gun poses are in there!)

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

Casual Friday poses for V5 and Genesis. Upper and lower halves separated, and expressions are incorporated into the poses, and not separate. I have wished for a tiny bit more variety, especially with the lower halves, and that the expressions were separate, but they're good starting points.

And also:
    - Artyficial furniture and poses (Granted, some paired poses, but the poses actually work with solo men or women; there's surprisingly little direct interaction.)
    - Easy going poses for Michael 5. Some of them are a bit ... modelly, I suppose. And the promo pictures don't help -- I've certainly never lounged decoratively on a gym floor -- but the principles are there, at least.
    - Inebriated poses for Michael 5 .... OK, so it's a specific type of relaxation!
    - Relax and Sleep II for Genesis; includes solo poses as well as couples poses
    - M5 Poses 02: Floor: depends on what you need, for this set.
    - At Home poses for V5-M5: both paired and solo poses
    - Generation poses

Actually, looking at that list, it looks like Tako Yakida does almost everything relaxational. Maybe you could persuade him to do a big huge special Uber set of relaxed poses! (Well, I'd buy it.)

The aiming zappy guns part of space opera seems well covered, although none of the rest of it necessarily is.

- Virago poses for V5
    - Action men poses for Freak 5 and Michael 5: "poses are made with SciFi Firearms Pack and The Firearm Pack, and Katana from Journey Scout"
    - Deep space action: zappy guns in zero-gee! (... OK, mostly just the zero gee stuff, but the zappy gun poses are in there!)

Thanks for this list! I actually must've missed casual friday. Those look useful. I'll wishlist it in case there is a sale.=)

edited December 1969

Thanks! I must and shall have the Floor Poses and Relax And Sleep sets, even if I have to wait for them to go on sale. They're kinda pricey. But then, what's a vendor to do? Anything you don't sell as a buyout is automatically forever priced higher than DAZ Originals because that's not completely up to you.