Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I'll likely wait to see if Singular_Blues puts out a script for G8M. Because I'm lazy. LOL cheekylaugh

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2017

MusicPlayer could you double check the eyes on the ToonGeneration morph? Cause either there is an issue with the eyes or I messed up somewhere which is highly probable ....but this is what I got happening with the toon gen on G8M ,the eyeballs got wonky and dented.....

oops.png
    820 x 697 - 374K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827

I just want to take a moment and give a huge "Thank you" to everyone that has worked so hard to find ways to to this and share that with the community.  You guys are the best!

Honestly the community of users here is one of the kindest and most helpful I have seen.  Thank you all so much.

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited August 2017

Daikatana said:

This works and its written in a clear and easy to follow way.  Thank you for sharing.  I did Lee7 as a trial.

This is Lee 7 morphed to Genesis 8 base male.  Lee 7's iray skin is used and Lee 6's Peng hair.

Thanks for your kind comments. Nice render of Lee 7 and so glad you found this useful.

Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • Nath said:

I had to close Studio in the Open a New Scene step, but once I did that, it worked like a dream. Thanks for the tutorial:)

You are welcome.

It's strange that you had to close studio. I noticed that some of the G3 female to Genesis 8 female tutorials mentioned closing down studio, but mine just carried on....ha ha. So glad it all worked out for you.

smiley

edited August 2017

A render to show the results from my tutorial above.

smiley

good job. thanks

Thanks nonesuch00 for your kind comment, and hope you find this useful.

smiley

edited August 2017
    carrie58 said:

MusicPlayer could you double check the eyes on the ToonGeneration morph? Cause either there is an issue with the eyes or I messed up somewhere which is highly probable ....but this is what I got happening with the toon gen on G8M ,the eyeballs got wonky and dented.....

Yes, you are correct, there is an issue with the toon morph not correctly scaling as the head grows bigger and therefore breaks the eye mesh. I never noticed this until you mentioned it. I will look into why this is, or hopefully somebody else will have an answer. I also tried the g3f toon morph with the Genesis 3 female to Genesis 8 Female transfer, and this particular morph also breaks the eye mesh. So at least we now know this problem is not unique to this male transfer.

smiley

Edited to add, that after making this post I Googled the problem, and it is a known issue commented in this thread  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2698586/

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Thank you !! Now here is a thought is the a way to exclude the eyeballs from the morph? and then manually scale them up?

• AllenArt said:

I'll likely wait to see if Singular_Blues puts out a script for G8M. Because I'm lazy. LOL cheekylaugh

I think I finished modeling the morphs. Double checking for strays. These have to be exact to get a proper count of the vertex positions.

Still have a lot of work to do, though.

AllenArt said:

I think I finished modeling the morphs. Double checking for strays. These have to be exact to get a proper count of the vertex positions.

Still have a lot of work to do, though.

Take your time and don't drive yourself nuts. LOL

Laurie

• carrie58 said:

Thank you !! Now here is a thought is the a way to exclude the eyeballs from the morph? and then manually scale them up?

I have tried a few alterations like you mention, and it seems to make no difference.... but there has to be an answer, despite being a known problem with no immediate answer at the moment. I will continue to experiment. I love a challenge! ha ha.

smiley

• There's a discussion of how to exclude the eyeball earlier in this thread.

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Too late. I had most of the major work done Tuesday, and could have been done with it then. I decided to do the fingernails and toe nails this time, because I'm not right in the head. I mean, it's a real pain, so I won't soon be retrofitting that to the female script, but this way I'll know if it can be done or not.

There's a discussion of how to exclude the eyeball earlier in this thread.

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Too late. I had most of the major work done Tuesday, and could have been done with it then. I decided to do the fingernails and toe nails this time, because I'm not right in the head. I mean, it's a real pain, so I won't soon be retrofitting that to the female script, but this way I'll know if it can be done or not.

Hehehe...well, ya do good work. I used your script for G8F and after I got rid of a couple things with duplicate IDs (nothing important), everything works a charm so far. Helluva lot faster than I could have done it by hand AND still had problems with the eyes, so thank you :).

Laurie

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited August 2017

@musicplayer

Thanks for your great tutorial. This was the only one so far, I've been able to complete. And I'm stoked to be able to have access to my genesis 3 Male characters for Genesis 8.

I do have one question. When I dial my character to the position indicated.... I do not truly get a true t--pose. Is it possible I need to dial in more leg? It is at 6 and -6.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited August 2017

HI Serene Night,

Many thanks for your kind comment and glad you have found the tutorial useful.

As regards to your question, the given measurements should put your Genesis 8 Male into a near perfect  'T' pose, and I include a diagram to show that Genesis 8 male (with the tutorial settings) standing in front of Genesis 3 male is almost a near identical match.

Is this what your question related to, and if so, maybe your dialed in settings were somehow different. I hope this helps, but if your question relates to something else, please can you include a screen shot, and I will assist further.

Kindest regards.

smiley

Parameter settings diagram.png
    885 x 762 - 322K
  • In my set-up, I was off by 1.5 degrees for the arms for getting Genesis 8 Male into a T pose. I didn't notice any problems with the morphs I made.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited August 2017

With the above setting I did not notice problems until I went to Abominible, Mr Hyde and the Fied, then all my fingers got oddle slim in the Y xis. I changed mine to -45.65 and-45.65 respectively and that seemed to help a bit.

I will try just 45 tonioght and see if it helps the issue.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    AllenArt said:

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Hehehe...well, ya do good work. I used your script for G8F and after I got rid of a couple things with duplicate IDs (nothing important), everything works a charm so far. Helluva lot faster than I could have done it by hand AND still had problems with the eyes, so thank you :).

Laurie

I have an error for a duplicate script for g3m I found the file but couldn't find any duplicate files so uninstalled the product and it went away but it's back since I reinstalled it but I like the product just takes so long to lead g3m

dkgoose said:
    AllenArt said:

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Laurie

I have an error for a duplicate script for g3m I found the file but couldn't find any duplicate files so uninstalled the product and it went away but it's back since I reinstalled it but I like the product just takes so long to lead g3m

The log file should tell you what the duplicates are. The duplicate files in my case were all expression files for specific character morphs of the same generation with the same IDs. I got rid of those since I tend to roll my own expressions anyway with the posing morphs.

Laurie

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143
    edited August 2017
    RKane_1 said:

With the above setting I did not notice problems until I went to Abominible, Mr Hyde and the Fied, then all my fingers got oddle slim in the Y xis. I changed mine to -45.65 and-45.65 respectively and that seemed to help a bit.

I just transferred Raw's Catworld Regenesis, Tiger version using Musicplayer's method, but I had a lot of trouble with the claws not transferring correctly. I had to change the scale of the shoulders, then go through each of the fingers to make sure the nails lined up as closely as possible for each finger. After that, it worked pretty well. The teeth were poorly transferred as well, but I fixed that in Hex.

Edit: For the record, I had to transfer the morph to G3M via GenX first, before I could transfer it to G8M.

Post edited by JackFoster on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2017

Hello everyone, I'm working on a method as well... but I'm not sure how it compares to other people in this thread. I've managed to transfer Skullcrusher's general shape (except for the teeth), as well as Basic Female from Genesis (which seems to be perfect), and Ayunia from G3F (seems okay too). The one problem I'm encountering is with figures like Mei Lin 7, which seems to mess up the bones for some reason. The other problem is that it sets G8F to T-pose.

The process was originally meant for transferring clones and other whole-figure morphs, but can mill through individual morphs once it's set up.

edit: Hm. I can fix the bone problem by manually translating it forward... but that's not really a fix.

basic.PNG
    530 x 600 - 533K
    skullcrusher.PNG
    596 x 617 - 1M
    ayunia.PNG
    470 x 490 - 392K
    mei.PNG
    488 x 471 - 290K
    Post edited by mtl1 on
  • RKane_1 said:

I just transferred Raw's Catworld Regenesis, Tiger version using Musicplayer's method, but I had a lot of trouble with the claws not transferring correctly. I had to change the scale of the shoulders, then go through each of the fingers to make sure the nails lined up as closely as possible for each finger. After that, it worked pretty well. The teeth were poorly transferred as well, but I fixed that in Hex.

Edit: For the record, I had to transfer the morph to G3M via GenX first, before I could transfer it to G8M.

This is interesting. Are the claws a separate addition (graft) or maybe they are already stretched nails, that needed extra work like you explained. The morph tutorial I made will certainly have issues, like the eyes transfer did for toon characters, where not only is the construction of G8 and G3's eyes different, but problematic when combined with the large head morph. This process is very much a work in progress, and my tutorial was to basically kick start the process. Singular Blues, who has been contributing to this thread with scripts and problem solving, is in the process of making a script to do the transfers, so hopefully that will address the more problematic issues. I have also seen previously in this thread mention of shoulder adjustments for certain transfers, which were initially noticed as a requirement in some of the the G3F to G8F transfers.

Glad in the end it all worked out reasonably well, and thanks for posting.

Kind regards

smiley

• In my set-up, I was off by 1.5 degrees for the arms for getting Genesis 8 Male into a T pose. I didn't notice any problems with the morphs I made.

Yes, in some instances I found it wasn't totally necessary, and the morphs came out fine. It seems that these had been defined parameters for the female transfer version, so I added it to my tutorial so everyone was using an established working pose. Glad your morphs all worked out fine.

Kind regards.

smiley

This is interesting. Are the claws a separate addition (graft) or maybe they are already stretched nails, that needed extra work like you explained.

I think the issue with the claws was that it was originally a morph for Genesis one, which had higher resolution than Genesis 3, and of course, Genesis 8. They're not grafts, they're just more detail than the stripped down Genesis 8 mesh can handle without HD morphs.

edited August 2017

Musicplayer and JackFoster, Thanks for working with me on this! :)

I don't think the issue is with the nails or the vertices but rather the exact alignment of the figure at the extremeties. I have run the clone process three times. One with 46.5/-46.5 for the bends on the shoulder, the suggested "close enough" 45/-45, and my suggested 45.65/-45.65.  Now, mind you, for morphs where the position of the hnds is less extreme, I don't think any changes to the original tutorial are needed, but the more extreme the change in the overall shape of the figure, the bigger the change in the hands. For these simulations, I used the G3M Cave Ogre so there was no question about compatibility of the G2M or original Genesis figures.

I found I had nail distortion when the G3M hand "overlapped" the hand (the positioned hand of the visible G3M was above the hand of the G8M Clone).  This shows the nails and then I made the G3M figure visible to show the overlap. (more coming)

CaveTrollG8M-Nails45.jpg
    632 x 875 - 33K
    CaveTrollG8M-Nails45-G3MVisible.jpg
    632 x 875 - 38K

I then ran the same simulation with the originally suggested 46.5/-46.5 bend at the shoulder and the fingers seems slender in the y-axis, almost flattened and it is worse when using Abominable and Mr Hyde from Genesis. Here I again show the final morph and the visible G3M. (More coming)

CaveTrollG8M-Nails046-5.jpg
    632 x 875 - 31K
    CaveTrollG8M-Nails046-5-G3MVisible.jpg
    632 x 875 - 39K

My suggestion of 45.65/-45.65 seems to match it most closely and gets the best result I have found for extreme body morphs. I am still tweaking it but so far, so good. Though, to me, the fingers still seems a little slender. I am still experimenting. :)

CaveTrollG8M-Nails045-65.jpg
    632 x 875 - 31K
    CaveTrollG8M-Nails045-65-G3MVisible.jpg
    632 x 875 - 51K
    edited August 2017

Here's the same comparison The first is the bend at 45.65/-45.65, then 46.5/-46.5, and the third 45/-45 and the figure morph is Abominible from Genesis 1.

AbominableG8M-Nails045-65.jpg
    632 x 875 - 32K
    AbominableG8M-Nails046-5.jpg
    632 x 875 - 31K
    AbominableG8M-Nails045.jpg
    632 x 875 - 34K

I'm glad that the finger issue is workable, but I'm running into another one that's got me stumped. No matter which method I use, even going so far as to use a smoothing modifier with collision on my clone so that it matches G3M as closely as possible, the shoulders always seem significantly smaller on Genesis 8, especially on more muscular figures. And I mean the actual shoulders--the deltoids, not the upper arms, which are labelled shoulders.

edited August 2017

Have you tried minOOTly changing the position of the shoulders? I had noticed the shoulder as well and was thinkining about moving them to also better match the hands as well.