Novica & Forum Members' Half A Million Views + Contest

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited August 2017

Great kitbashing, dreamfarmer! And I love the boat scene, Novica. 

Here's under the topic, "Novica made me do it!" LOL

These are some items I picked up in the current sales with Novica's help. Thank you, lovely lady! 

Vyria-2.jpg
    1388 x 1644 - 255K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

lovely render

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@llynara    You're most welcome. I figure if I give in to tempatation  and pick up a lot of things which will take me forever to get around to using- I might as well drag you down with me. (wicked cackle.) It reminds me of the Geico commercial  ("If you're a (whatever)...It's what you do.") 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the render of me and KM lol.  So true! 

Great job on all of the renders.  I need to do a render of cash burning in a giant pile..... lol

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited August 2017

Things People Do To Try And Keep You Off The Forums

"Now what do we do?  All the sport stuff is laying where we put it. The food's untouched - even the pie and donuts. And he's still creating big city scenes. There must be a way to distract him."

"He did stop rendering though."

"Not good enough...c'mon, think of something, I'm sure there's a way." 

@novica  Your turn!

beach final.png
    1440 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited August 2017

OH SERIOUSLY RICH!!!!!!! yesyesyes
     Okay, game on. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Watching with interest as RGcincy and Novica carry on a render battle!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

*pulls up a chair and hands out popcorn as the battle rages on*  lol

laugh

edited August 2017

Things People Do To Try And Keep You Off The Forums

As luck would have it, an interesting individual just happened by at that very moment.  Although the Surfing Wizard didn't normally make deals, he happened to be very, very, hungry. And it was such a shame to let all that food go to waste.

"Don't worry. The spell only lasts long enough to break the Big City Render Habit." 

@rgcincy   What can I say? I AM in Florida. (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) 
    LOL- this almost looks like a RRRR contest entry!
    Items used are listed in my Art Studio thread here.

beach and rocks Rich2.png
    980 x 995 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017

Okay, that's my last one (these are taking quite a bit of time to do) and I'll let RGcincy get the last render, if he choses to do so. Kudos to Rich for being such a good sport! (and yes, the crab is wearing the same cargo shorts that Rich's character was wearing.)

Post edited by Novica on

laughlaughsurprise

Don't worry, it's temporary. I was in a charitable mood.  devil

I was wondering what you would come up with. Not fair to invoke magic (just kidding of course). Now I'm going to have to claw my way to a response. 

Thanks to you for playing along. I understand completely the "these are taking quite a bit of time to do". I puttered around on the one I did for hours.

edited August 2017
    RGcincy said:

I was wondering what you would come up with. Not fair to invoke magic (just kidding of course). Now I'm going to have to claw my way to a response. 

Thanks to you for playing along. I understand completely the "these are taking quite a bit of time to do". I puttered around on the one I did for hours.

Not to mention the number of objects in your scene- good heavens! Your computer must have groaned out loud!
    I was surprised- I upped the render quality to almost three and it took about 25 minutes. I removed everything that wasn't visible in the scene, but still! Very surprised.

You don't need to claw your way to a response- tis temporary- wanted to give you options. Anything you have in your runtime is fair game!  I was going to do a frog but knew you'd go with a princess kissing you to negate that- and I'm sure your wife under the circumstances would have supported that!

I listed all the items used in the scene in case you needed to know those. (Rich was kind enough to tell me the cargo shorts used so the crab would have the appropriate attire. I think if he knew what I was doing, I may not have gotten a response LOL)  The link is at the bottom of the render, leads to my Art Studio thread.

Rich, if you'd be kind enough to look at the list over in my Art Studio thread, and tell me where the bicycle came from, and is it yard darts? Jarts? and whatever you used that I don't have listed, that way folks will know what we used. I'll put it in the same post but as a separate list.

Post edited by Novica on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Can anyone join in the fun of this contest?

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited August 2017

LOL, looks like everyone is having too much fun here! It is starting to look like RRRR, Novica. I wonder what RGcincy's next move will be. cheeky 

Post edited by luci45 on

Can anyone join in the fun of this contest?

Oh yes! There's four different options/themes, pick whatever you want to do and have fun! 

edited August 2017
    luci45 said:

LOL, looks like everyone is having too much fun here! It is starting to look like RRRR, Novica. I wonder what RGcincy's next move will be. cheeky 

Yeah, people should give it a look for some laughs. You're very talented at RRRR!

Post edited by Novica on

I reserved the second render to put links to all the renders and I've now done that. I'm sure Rich will enjoy the way I wrote ours up.

We've got six people participating so far, hoping to get four more so we can do the $75 gift card giveaway. There's so many things you can do with the topics (it does say get creative and whacky, and I think we've shown that....) Anything in your runtime is an option!  We're halfway through the month, so let's get this cranked up- you can do five renders, and each render gives you a chance at EACH drawing (Note: if/when you win, your slips get pulled. You can win once- that way the rewards are spread out among the contestants. But until you win, ALL YOUR SLIPS ARE THERE FOR THE DRAWING(S)  so you have a high chance of winning.

There's 5 for $10 and one for $25, and I'll do the $25 first so ALL your slips will be in there for that one.  You still have a couple weeks, so hope to see some more renders! Enjoying all the ones so far!

Novica said:

RGcincy: Stunned, Considering Options. 

True, but the wheels are turning

Uh-oh.

Great I will be back very soon with a render or 2!!! 

edited August 2017

Things People Do To Try And Keep You Off The Forums #2

"Well, thanks to that wizard, there's no time like the present to go visit my favorite cousin Neptune. He's been telling me he's been up to something big. I think his place is just around this rock."

That was fun  laugh Thanks for playing along @Novicayes

Underwater city.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    edited August 2017

How clever!!!!!
    LOL you definitely got the cargo shorts to fit him!
    Love the city in the background- YOU WIN. You rendered a Big City AND got to eat a donut!  You must've tucked one away before the wizard took the picnic basket!

Moral of this story: Give it up. RGcincy is going to render Big Cities no matter WHERE he is.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017
    Novica said:

AND got to eat a donut!  You must've tucked one away before the wizard took the picnic basket!

I did. That's what's good about cargo pants, you can stuff all sorts of stuff in those pockets.

I wouldn't have even thought of trying to add cargo shorts to the crab, but your tip about fitting them to a scaled male figure and then hiding the figure worked great!

Maybe my next challenge should be a render without a big city in it. wink

RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

AND got to eat a donut!  You must've tucked one away before the wizard took the picnic basket!

I did. That's what's good about cargo pants, you can stuff all sorts of stuff in those pockets.

I wouldn't have even thought of trying to add cargo shorts to the crab, but your tip about fitting them to a scaled male figure and then hiding the figure worked great!

Maybe my next challenge should be a render without a big city in it. wink

I just bet you could not make a render without a big city in it lol!!!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Not particularly wacky or creative but oh, she's thinking it.

"I'd rather be on the forums."

Dog Days.jpg
    2400 x 2369 - 6M

time for a drink wink

edited August 2017

Not whacky, but definitely creative! Nice job!

Edit: I have both of those (this one and Rich's last render)  added to the second post, so it's up to date.

Post edited by Novica on