Rendering- Zero Percent-

2»

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I just did what I warned about...I set up an cube to render inside of, so I had some walls to catch some shadows...and forgot to turn of the cube's shadow casting. I've got a distant light as my only light source. It took about 20 minutes to 'optimize' things before it even started to render. Then it rendered nearly black...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    No, sorry to confuse you- I'm not referring to my monitor. The render settings where it says "gain" and "gamma" is what I am referring to.
    The 3Delight render loses all the gorgeous spotlight colors- so I'll just play around with the settings and see what I can do.
    Those are controlled with the Surface settings of the ITEM, Specular and two others. The Reneder settings will not help if the surfaces are not set up to match the OpenGL shaders.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Novica said:
    No, sorry to confuse you- I'm not referring to my monitor. The render settings where it says "gain" and "gamma" is what I am referring to.
    The 3Delight render loses all the gorgeous spotlight colors- so I'll just play around with the settings and see what I can do.
    Those are controlled with the Surface settings of the ITEM, Specular and two others. The Reneder settings will not help if the surfaces are not set up to match the OpenGL shaders.

Okay, I know how to get into the Surface settings- so are you referring to Diffuse, Ambient, Specular?
    When you say match the OpenGl shaders- what are those?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    Novica said:
    The forums images are darkening- sorry you can't see the first two sets. But you can see the dragonfly/waterfall one.
    This is going to be a problem for all people that View your images. Your Monitor is NOT calibrated to the DEFAULT settings. The Image UPLOAD'ed is set to what ALL users will see because the image is shown without any of your Brightness setting's or other adjustments. You need to do a FULL Monitor Calibration and then your Images will look the same on your Monitor and the Forums. If you do not do your renders on a Fully calibrated monitor others will never see on their screens the same image that you do.

Your personal Settings (monitor) are not saved in the Renders.

If the forum's images appear to have darkened to Novica as well, and the original issue was darkness where there should be light, I suspect it isn't a monitor problem.I was just pointing out that if the RENDERS posted looked GOOD on their monitor but the Uploaded render looked different that it was a Calibration issue. I have fallen into that trap myself when I started 3D and had not used a calibrated monitor.
    ...Are you proposing here that the forums somehow override monitor adjustments? I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. On the same monitor, an UPLOADED version of an image should look the same as a SAVED version unless the act of uploading alters it further than simple compression [which does junk it up pretty bad].
    Post edited by agent unawares on