17 chic clothes problem

MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 336
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Anyone has the same problem with 17 chic clothes ?

A hole appears on long sleeve shirt when applied on genesis character ...

Hole appears on all characters I tested (Aiko5, Stephanie5, Victoria5, Julie and default genesis character).
Using DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.1.56 (64bit)

See picture ...

Post edited by MickyBe on

Comments

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

No problems here on default V5, Julie YT5, A5, or some GenX blends I have.

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

+1
    same here, in addition there are issues with the back of this item.

In addition there are issues with the store and discounts did not apply for all the items in the category. The funny thing is I did not even want this item it was just the best choice to get the 50% discount on another item.

Just an FYI,
    most people will look the other way on the store, site, checkout issuse if the products are good, once you add sub-par products to the mix the future looks grim.

back to sales support for a refund, or the better path is to just log into paypal and work from there

• MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 336
    edited March 2013

+1
    same here, in addition there are issues with the back of this item.

Yes, I just noticed holes in the back of the clothes ...

17chic-clothes-back.png
    1056 x 878 - 1022K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I did not buy this but do either of you have a smoothing modifier applied or on for that matter?

Also, in the Parameters Tab, does the item show as being fitted to Genesis or not at all?

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Looking at what installed into a clean runtime, I'm only getting shirt morphs for Basic female and Reby Sky (FBMBasicFemale.dsf and FBMRebySky.dsf) in the data directory.

This was using the manually downloaded file '15534_17Chic_1.0_trx.exe' - are folks using the DIM getting the proper files perhaps?

edited December 1969

The issue seems to be with the base mesh.

I have to say that all this is just such a wase of time.

edited March 2013

Mattymanx said:
    I did not buy this but do either of you have a smoothing modifier applied or on for that matter?

Also, in the Parameters Tab, does the item show as being fitted to Genesis or not at all?

In parameters tab, clothes are fitted to genesis character.

About smoothing all these parameters are active :

Mesh Smoothing

Enable Smoothing : On
    Smoothing Type : Base Shape Matching
    Smoothing Iterations : 2
    Interactive Update : On
    Collision Item : Genesis
    Collision Iterations : 3

When the short shirt is there, no hole ...

Comparison without / with the short shirt.

17-chic-front-2.png
    1056 x 878 - 881K
    edited December 1969

i have a question for an admin:

while i would like to qa this product and hope others get to the source of the issue, i need to move along to other things.

i purchased this item with another item to get the 50% off, i reall wanted another item in the category sale that i could not get the discount to apply. it seems like the discount is working today on all the items i want, should daz reverse the entire order so i can re-purchase one item today or is it better to reverse just thismitem and i can purchase the 2 items i wanted?

thanks in advance

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

No issues here. Used manual installer.

Caitlyntest.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 407K
    edited December 1969

you need to change the opacity of the front shirt to 0 to see the issue,

to do this select the shirt, go into the surface tab, select the top shirt and set the opacity to 0

edited December 1969

Manual installer here too ...

But holes on shirt appear when you change opacity of the short shirt,
    can you try to see if you have the issue without the short shirt ?

edited March 2013

to do this select the shirt, go into the surface tab, select the top shirt and set the opacity to 0

Still solvable.

Increase smoothing to 7 and collision to 15. Smoothing is generally set down lower in DS 4.5 for instances like this.

Caitlyntest02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 359K
    Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited March 2013

Still solvable.

Increase smoothing to 7 and collision to 15.

Wow, that solved the problem !!

Thank you very much Male-M3dia !!! :) :)

17-fixed.png
    1056 x 878 - 866K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited March 2013

edit:

nm

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

MickyBel said:

Still solvable.

Increase smoothing to 7 and collision to 15.

Wow, that solved the problem !!

Thank you very much Male-M3dia !!! :) :)

the issue is that the undershirt mesh does not conform to the base genesis character.

to see this export genesis and the top shirt as individual objs, import them into blender, select the t-shirt and delete that mesh so only genesis and the undershirt mesh are visible, presto clear as day.

the problem is that the undershirt mesh does not conform to the genesis base character, clothing 101.

yes there are hacks to fix the issue, but if daz is going to sell products that dont even conform to clothing 101 standards than we have way bigger issues.

i'm surprised that you did not see this.

thank you, 3d-username

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

i saw this in the shirt but it seems to have ugly cling under the chest, almost like it was autofitted badly. Not really impressed! was an instant pass.

edited December 1969

The genesis base character with just the undershirt mesh, i can have an intern do better than this.

untitled.png
    960 x 540 - 47K
    edited December 1969

My guess that the shirt was never meant to be worn as two pieces, otherwise it would have been designed as such. It's not really a morph to show either parts; the sections are probably more materials for texturing. So the inside of the shirt was probably pulled in so that smoothing wouldn't do wonky things with the two material zones and colliding with Genesis. So really it's not an issue because the outfit was never advertised to be worn as such. If you need a plain white shirt separate, I would look at 4blueyes's items because that's what you probably need instead of a outfit that was used as an over and outer shirt.

edited March 2013

My guess that the shirt was never meant to be worn as two pieces, otherwise it would have been designed as such. It's not really a morph to show either parts; the sections are probably more materials for texturing. So the inside of the shirt was probably pulled in so that smoothing wouldn't do wonky things with the two material zones and colliding with Genesis. So really it's not an issue because the outfit was never advertised to be worn as such. If you need a plain white shirt separate, I would look at 4blueyes's items because that's what you probably need instead of a outfit that was used as an over and outer shirt.

i agree, i only purchased this product because i could not get a discount on a 4blueyes item to work that was clearly in the "category sale" so i'm on this topic by chance, would not have started this post and left it to "more daz junk"

but now that i'm here in this post, consumers expect quality above everything else, if one can't put out a quality product you are left with nothing.

i do not agree with the "advertised as such", i would think most people look at material zones on what they can do with a product and i think clothing makers would be wrong to think otherwise, or at least people are dissapointed if that is the case.

but this is my fault, i'm am only happy with clothing items by sickleyield and like 2 other vendors.

edit: the "SY layered tees" something i own, is a perfect example on how it should be done.

Post edited by 3d-username on
    edited March 2013

i do not agree with the "advertised as such", i would think most people look at material zones on what they can do with a product and i think clothing makers would be wrong to think otherwise, or at least people are dissapointed if that is the case.

You don't have to agree with it, but that's really how it is. Take a look at 4blueeyes's promos for the layered tshirt... see how the promos show that the product can be used sleeveless and also shows list of morphs. That's how it's advertised, so the expectation is that you'll be able to do that. Assuming that with a product that doesn't show how the parts can be used separately isn't bad modelling when it doesn't do what you want it to do. Still with a few minutes with a magnet or in hexagon you could kitbash it into something of your liking. I know i've made some adjustment on shirts or pants in other products so they can be used with other sets.

edited December 1969

where are all the admins? Richard, anyone? phone number...

i purchased with another item, i would like to return this item and keep the other. is it better on your end to refund the entire order and for me to repurchase one and the item that discount is now working, or to get a refund for just one of the items and make all new purchases.

itmseems to be complicated because the discount was merged for both and not sure the way around.

thanks in advance

edited March 2013

You don't have to agree with it, but that's really how it is. Take a look at 4blueeyes's promos for the layered tshirt... see how the promos show that the product can be used sleeveless and also shows list of morphs. That's how it's advertised, so the expectation is that you'll be able to do that. Assuming that with a product that doesn't show how the parts can be used separately isn't bad modelling when it doesn't do what you want it to do. Still with a few minutes with a magnet or in hexagon you could kitbash it into something of your liking. I know i've made some adjustment on shirts or pants in other products so they can be used with other sets.

well then let's agree to disagree, but i for one refuse to continue to look the other way on sub-par items as i have done in the past.
    i did not start this post so i know that at least there was one other person that had different expectations for this item, and for every person that posts a problem there are others that just go with the flow.

BETTER THAN RISK FREE

We're so convinced that you'll like our products that we offer a 30-day money back guarantee with every purchase made on our site! Try out any product in our store for thirty days. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase we'll give you your money back.

And that's more than a guarantee.
    It's our personal promise.

Comprehensive Customer Service: If you have any questions about any of the items listed above, the Platinum Savings Club and membership benefits, or about anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our sales support staff will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Home of the original 30-day money back guarantee.

edited March 2013

well then let's agree to disagree, but i for one refuse to continue to look the other way on sub-par items as i have done in the past.

Fine, but still an item is not subpar if it does what it was supposed to do, not if it didn't meet your expectations as a substitute for another item that actually did what you wanted. You were going to have to do adjustments anyway to get it to do what you wanted, so I'm rather puzzled. Oh well.

i did not start this post so i know that at least there was one other person that had different expectations for this item

And those issues were actually solved by a simple adjustment, that any one can do.

edited December 1969

Fine, but still an item is not subpar if it does what it was supposed to do, not if it didn't meet your expectations as a substitute for another item that actually did what you wanted. You were going to have to do adjustments anyway to get it to do what you wanted, so I'm rather puzzled. Oh well.

i did not start this post so i know that at least there was one other person that had different expectations for this item

And those issues were actually solved by a simple adjustment, that any one can do.

well then let's agree to disagree.

richard once said "clothing is made for the base gensis shape, then ..." or something very similar in this very forum. the undershirt should conform to the base shape, plain and simple or it brings up a whole bunch of issues on different characters.

i noticed the issue prior to making the overshirt invisible, so in my opinion it is a sub-par product and does not even conform to the most basic standards, but yes you are right everyone has different standards.

no hacks or adjustments should be needed to make a genesis clothing item work with the base genesis shape (again my opinion)

edited March 2013

trying to see your point of view, if one did not want users to have access to the surface under the t-shirt area, would it not have been better to remove that mesh area all together and just weld the sleeves to the t-shirt?

it would have had a much lower poly count, it would have conformed to the base genesis mesh without any morphing issues and it would make much more sense in the surface tab when adjusting materials.

so to understand your point of view, a well designed item should have an entire torso area of mesh that serves no use, and does not conform to the base genesis mesh? what am i missing?

i'm really trying to understand this because i have made, edited several items for in house use, and would really like to understand a well made mesh so i know what the thinking is.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

The longsleeved shirt doesn't even conform to the base Genesis figure. No wonder it won't work for any morph. It would be nice to use the longsleeved shirt on it own.

If it wasn't designed to be used separately; why model the torso? If they were meant to be used together; it would make more sense to model just the long sleeves, the bottom hem & the neck..
    Image2.jpg
    1560 x 1080 - 444K
    Image1.jpg
    1615 x 1080 - 465K
    Post edited by BWSman on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

If you wish to return the item you need to open a support ticket - I have no idea whether they will be able to swap this for another item, to maintain the March Madness discount, or not.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Agreed, I bought this as well and because of the built in boobs, it doesn't work well on men. Think this was designed for female shapes only, but even so, it should be designed to fit on the base making it more universal. The "pre-modelled" boobs are pointless. It just strips down functionality and does not serve any real purpose. Don't even let me get started on the tights, lower the opacity on it and you will see how much space there is between it and the actual leg mesh.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Fine, but still an item is not subpar if it does what it was supposed to do
    It doesn't do what it was supposed to do. Like other conforming clothing for Genesis, it was supposed to avoid intersecting the underlying character so smoothing and morph following can work correctly.

Also 'subpar' has exactly nothing to do with whether an item performs as advertised, but rather, how it compares to other items. It's a completely relative term.

edited December 1969

Also 'subpar' has exactly nothing to do with whether an item performs as advertised, but rather, how it compares to other items. It's a completely relative term.

subpar may not have been the right term for this item, but the point stands that i have purchased way to many items that just don't meet basic mesh standards and are cobbled together, even if it performs as advertised, and this is not limited to clothing items.

i don't return many items because only purchase from a few vendors that provide good products over and over again. i did not follow my own advice this time, my bad.