ada.jpg
    1014 x 384 - 258K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Bobvan said:
    Looks like an LDP2 render

Has it been definitively proven that LDP2 won't work in DS4.5?

Great work as usual

CHEERS!

No it dont but apparently LDP1 does never tried them. Perhaps Kyoto has? As you know I mostly Luxrender but am starting to play with 3Delight again just in case I may need them in the future one issue with Lux is if you load too many characters sometimes it wont go one needs to hide ALL unseen parts and even then it could get dicey...

The robot pic was suppose to be for a contest but decided to withdraw it when I noticed that one of the terms were to give Daz the rights to it...
    ....well, as I understand it sort of does but you have to mess around with it. I remember someone discussing the process in another thread but it seemed a bit complicated.

I'm installing the 64 bit version of 3.1.2.32 on the new system just so I can still use it. I've been successful at importing Genesis as a .obj. this of course means having to pose the character beforehand (just as one would do to import it into Bryce).

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

new ones

412.png
    1500 x 798 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Bobvan said:
    Looks like an LDP2 render

Has it been definitively proven that LDP2 won't work in DS4.5?

Great work as usual

CHEERS!

No it dont but apparently LDP1 does never tried them. Perhaps Kyoto has? As you know I mostly Luxrender but am starting to play with 3Delight again just in case I may need them in the future one issue with Lux is if you load too many characters sometimes it wont go one needs to hide ALL unseen parts and even then it could get dicey...

The robot pic was suppose to be for a contest but decided to withdraw it when I noticed that one of the terms were to give Daz the rights to it...
    ....well, as I understand it sort of does but you have to mess around with it. I remember someone discussing the process in another thread but it seemed a bit complicated.

I'm installing the 64 bit version of 3.1.2.32 on the new system just so I can still use it. I've been successful at importing Genesis as a .obj. this of course means having to pose the character beforehand (just as one would do to import it into Bryce).

Used to do the same thing early on (The mother was an imported Genesis obj using LDP2) http://fav.me/d3japjm

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Hmm,

I'll either stick with Lantios or maybe wait for LDP3, it's no biggie.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I don't know if there will be LDP3 anyhoo I am ok with using LUX & UE based lights

414.png
    1500 x 798 - 1M
    edited December 1969

417.png
    1500 x 798 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Nice,

I too am happy with UE, but, I'm also happy to consider alternatives should they present themselves.

Now, before we get any more prolific, does anyone know if the 100 page limit still applies to threads in here!?

CHEERS!

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Bob, have you considered any of the Clothing Cleavage / breast fixer products? With the number of busty girls you have running around, it might be a useful thing to have.

Not sure about thread limits, Rogerbee. But a new thread might be a good idea anyways since you have moved fully into Daz :)

edited December 1969

Tell you what, we'll stop this at 98 and I'll get a new one going.

It will remain for all 3D programs associated with Daz products, be it Poser, DS, Carrara, Vue, ZBrush or Bryce.

CHEERS!

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    Bob, have you considered any of the Clothing Cleavage / breast fixer products? With the number of busty girls you have running around, it might be a useful thing to have.

Not sure about thread limits, Rogerbee. But a new thread might be a good idea anyways since you have moved fully into Daz :)

Any particular reason you thought us Poserites should be excluded?

Here's a render of mine that just got posted to DAZ's "Stunning Images" Facebook gallery.

Title: Cupid Fallen #2

Cupid-Fallen-02-illustration.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 175K
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

Any particular reason you thought us Poserites should be excluded?

Here's a render of mine that just got posted to DAZ's "Stunning Images" Facebook gallery.

I guess my smiley face was too aggressive...?

edited December 1969

Great render, how was the Devil done? I will get round to doing something like that when I've GenX'ed all the M4 creature morphs. Them mixed with the Genesis ones could produce something interesting.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

Sorry. I just wasn't sure if it meant tongue in cheek or not. No offense intended.

Rogerbee,

Thank you! The devil is just the Fallen character with one of RawArt's textures for it, a spotlight with a red tint focused on it to give a bit of a red glow around it, and some contrast enhancement in Photoshop.

edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

Sorry. I just wasn't sure if it meant tongue in cheek or not. No offense intended.

Rogerbee,

Thank you! The devil is just the Fallen character with one of RawArt's textures for it, a spotlight with a red tint focused on it to give a bit of a red glow around it, and some contrast enhancement in Photoshop.

No worries.

I like the poses used and the overall composition. What were the chains and scene from? There are tons of great things like that designed for Gen4 (Flipmode has lots of stuff I am hoping will go on sale during MM), but not much for Genesis. Thankully I have had lots of luck with GenX so far.

edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    MadisonXF said:

Rogerbee,

No worries.

I like the poses used and the overall composition. What were the chains and scene from? There are tons of great things like that designed for Gen4 (Flipmode has lots of stuff I am hoping will go on sale during MM), but not much for Genesis. Thankully I have had lots of luck with GenX so far.

The scene is "Cista Sanctus" from right here at DAZ. The chains and the female's pose are from the "Chained in Love" set from RNDA. Took a bit of fiddling to get them to work properly with Genesis, but I got it, finally.

edited March 2013

MadisonXF said:

I dont find them all that usefu. The girl in yellow just has a shader applied to the skin. Closest thing I can find to simulating the real character's top

l cool render Wheely!

I noticed by doing a google image search of LOTG that several of my renders have wound up on many sites / pages. I take it as a compliment...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited March 2013

Ever since I bought the forest set I have been determined that I was going to put it to use in a decent render eventually. It really canes my render times, immensely if using Lux, but since I recently picked up Lorella the Elf and her cute outfit I felt it was the only set that could do her justice. Luckily she uses Victoria 4 textures, so I used the interjections set to add in some decent SSS.

If you have any tips for better results, I'm all ears... no elf puns intended.

Lady_of_the_Forest.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 978K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

Ever since I bought the forest set I have been determined that I was going to put it to use in a decent render eventually. It really canes my render times, immensely if using Lux, but since I recently picked up Lorella the Elf and her cute outfit I felt it was the only set that could do her justice. Luckily she uses Victoria 4 textures, so I used the interjections set to add in some decent SSS.

You have the same issue I did when I started using Elite textures with genesis the inside of the mouth looks lit up. Thought that had been fixed

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

You have the same issue I did when I started using Elite textures with genesis the inside of the mouth looks lit up. Thought that had been fixed

Maybe she's a member of the Osmond family?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

1st posting in this thread :lol: feeling more 'at home' with poser, but getting along with DS more and more......

Trying out some Ubersurface2 settings in DS4.5
    still some work to do on the bump- and specular settings for the skin

Custom dialed Genesis character using the V4 elite texture 'Katie'
    Hair is the K4 Bun Hair from 3d Universe
    clothing is the Mall Vest Top for Genesis YT

Rendered in DS4.5 with DoF enabled; only postwork is adding the signature

Katie-portret2_daz.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 447K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I was originally going to try and do a Noir style render ever week for a project I'm doing on another site but I decided to do something different this week instead.I had this idea in my head and wanted to see how it would turn out instead.

Good,bad? I don't know but she has a gun.

good_bad_im_teh_one_with_the_gun_dsa_jpg.jpg
    1404 x 500 - 536K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee,

Cool,

I really want to do Darkness from Legend.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Looks good to me!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    1st posting in this thread :lol: feeling more 'at home' with poser, but getting along with DS more and more......

Trying out some Ubersurface2 settings in DS4.5
    still some work to do on the bump- and specular settings for the skin

Custom dialed Genesis character using the V4 elite texture 'Katie'
    Hair is the K4 Bun Hair from 3d Universe
    clothing is the Mall Vest Top for Genesis YT

Rendered in DS4.5 with DoF enabled; only postwork is adding the signature

Welcome aboard!

Very nice render.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I was originally going to try and do a Noir style render ever week for a project I'm doing on another site but I decided to do something different this week instead.I had this idea in my head and wanted to see how it would turn out instead.

Good,bad? I don't know but she has a gun.

Nice,

Dreamlight has just released a Film Noir pack that might be worth a look.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

yeah i got an email about that a couple weeks ago. Probably keep it in mind but i doubt I'll get it anytime soon.sounded interesting though.

edited December 1969

You got 'an' email!? LOL, I've been getting emails about it for nearly 2 weeks!

I like his stuff, but, even his discounts and bundles are too much for me right now.

CHEERS!

edited March 2013

Rogerbee said:

You got 'an' email!? LOL, I've been getting emails about it for nearly 2 weeks!

I like his stuff, but, even his discounts and bundles are too much for me right now.

CHEERS!

Yeah i was going to say and email or 20 but just went with an email instead but yeah i did get at least 2 a day lol.

edit. i did get a chance to bu a years subscription to the club, and a huge bundle of products a long while back on sale. but i wasn't able to keep up after as much as i would have liked too. but it doesn't look like that will happen again any time soon unfortunately.

Post edited by DireBunny on
    edited December 1969

He does do nice stuff. When I'm done with what I've got already then I might have another look at what he's got.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.