Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited July 2017

Urban Warfare - I'm curious to see which one you like better and if its the same one I like the best...

Victoria 8 - Stonemason's Urban Ruins - Kindred Arts Iray Rain - Adventure Girl for G3F - Blunderbuss - Braided Bun

1st one is the base render

2nd one is night with fog

3rd is night

and 4th is using the silver effects pro from the Nik collection

Urban Warfare.png
    2000 x 1600 - 6M
    Urban Warfare Fog.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Urban Warfare Night.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 256K
    Urban Warfare Silver Effects.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Not yet.  I've moved my entire library of g3f up to G38 so far but I just got the V4 Uvs for G8f so I will be working on bringing v4 all the way up through the generations because I love my v4 characters lol.  I think i have all the utilities to do so now.  Will keep everyone updated, I hope to get started soon (like in the next week or so.)

Will you be using the genx products? It looks like I would have to buy three of them just to get to genisis 3.... I'm a little confused by them. 

Not yet.  I've moved my entire library of g3f up to G38 so far but I just got the V4 Uvs for G8f so I will be working on bringing v4 all the way up through the generations because I love my v4 characters lol.  I think i have all the utilities to do so now.  Will keep everyone updated, I hope to get started soon (like in the next week or so.)

Will you be using the genx products? It looks like I would have to buy three of them just to get to genisis 3.... I'm a little confused by them. 

Yes, and yes lol. and me too.  I'm totally intimidated by the whole process as well.  I think once I get the hang of it, it will be worth it but I've got some heavy reading to do.  I'm going to start with the pdf which I've read once but i'm not sure I really understood what I am supposed to be doing.  So I need to re read and then track down the thread that goeas with the products and see if I can figure it out.

edited July 2017

Just a quick test of one of my G3F characters (Aibell) to see how well the morphs actually transphered when I did the conversion.  I'm happy to say that it seems to have worked perfectly.  The shape is identical, and she is wearing G3F Hair and clothing.  I used @KindredArts space HDRI as well as his Ghost Light kit (Space HDRI in the background, one ghost light in front and to the right of her and that's it).  The expressions that G8F gives to the G3F characters is just so amazing, I love that I can do a much more subtle expression and it actually works.

AIBELL ON G8F.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some truely amazing renders there Sonja you sure have come a long long way since we first started!!!laugh

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Re: Urban Warfare. I like the second one best.

Some truely amazing renders there Sonja you sure have come a long long way since we first started!!!laugh

We sure have!  And thank you!

L'Adair said:

Re: Urban Warfare. I like the second one best.

Thanks!  I'm still undecided lol.  Right now I think its a tie between 2 & 4.

The expression is fantastic. I haven't played much with G8F yet, although I did download the script and transfer over a character just to make sure I could. I have a couple of favorite v4 characters, but not a lot of them. I'm on the fence about spending the money to convert them. Except I have one with the most fantasticlly realistic skin and morphs and I know she would totally look real on g8f.... so I am very tempted. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Of the four renders, I like the silver effects best (the desaturated look seems to fit the gritty scene somehow), and then the base render.  Out of the two night renders, I like the fog one because more of the scene is visible.

Aibel looks fantastic.

The expression is fantastic. I haven't played much with G8F yet, although I did download the script and transfer over a character just to make sure I could. I have a couple of favorite v4 characters, but not a lot of them. I'm on the fence about spending the money to convert them. Except I have one with the most fantasticlly realistic skin and morphs and I know she would totally look real on g8f.... so I am very tempted. 

I have a ton of characters in both V4 and G2F that I want to convert so it was worth it for me. I did wait til I got a good sale price though lol.

Of the four renders, I like the silver effects best (the desaturated look seems to fit the gritty scene somehow), and then the base render.  Out of the two night renders, I like the fog one because more of the scene is visible.

Aibel looks fantastic.

Thanks!  I'm still waffling a bit but I think I am leaning toward the silver effects one, because as you said it kind of fits the scene well.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love the Raptor Dragons you did.  Not sure which is my favorite though I think I like the where you were going with it and there is a lot of potential in the raw render.  But, yeah, just a tad too dark.  I haven't had a chance to play with him, yet, but I did pick him up.

Urban Warfare - I think I like the second one best.  The second and third one are really close but there is just a little bit more depth to that second image that I like.

I really like your posing and expression on Aibell.  Nice!

I love the Raptor Dragons you did.  Not sure which is my favorite though I think I like the where you were going with it and there is a lot of potential in the raw render.  But, yeah, just a tad too dark.  I haven't had a chance to play with him, yet, but I did pick him up.

Urban Warfare - I think I like the second one best.  The second and third one are really close but there is just a little bit more depth to that second image that I like.

I really like your posing and expression on Aibell.  Nice!

Thank you! 

I always have a tough time deciding when I do filters lol.  Sometimes, I just like them all!

And thank you, I'm telling you, the expressions you can get with G8F are just unreal. Or more real depending on how you look at it lol.

edited July 2017

I've said before that I really want to start using all of the content I have. This is the Atlantida Temple, Gunner for David 5, who was free today (I don't have David 5 so he is slightly different, and the Gunner skin textures don't fit right but I just used a Genesis male skin on him and it worked fine), the old Pharoah's of the Sun outfit for Genesis males (note the lovely draping around his feet) the Hivewire housecat and the mechanical spiders.  I was just having a bit of fun but I really like the juxtaposition of the mechanical spiders and the Egyption temple theme.  I did change out the textures on the PHOTS because he ended up blending too well into the throne backdrop.  I also used a staff from the Staff Pack, which has some really interesting stuff in it.  Used Kindred Arts Ghost lights to light his face and also to get the light shining out of the staff, since my linear point light was not working at all.  I made the spiders eyes and laser emmissive as well as the two lights on each side and converted everything to Iray.

I will be doing post work on this one, its just too late to work on it tonight, because I won't be able to stop until its done which means work would be a very long day tomorrow lol.

The Sci Fi Pharaoh.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2017

Yes, and yes lol. and me too.  I'm totally intimidated by the whole process as well.  I think once I get the hang of it, it will be worth it but I've got some heavy reading to do.  I'm going to start with the pdf which I've read once but i'm not sure I really understood what I am supposed to be doing.  So I need to re read and then track down the thread that goeas with the products and see if I can figure it out.

I'll have to track it down (it may be in my References) but I actually had a running dialog behind the scenes via PMs with the vendor as I was stumbling through the process, because the thread had gotten so long it was impossible to read through and find things. So after he helped me figure it out, I did a mini tutorial or a post that explained the most important parts, I can't exactly remember. If I find it, I'll get it for you in a link. I did get the hang of it and then of course forgot all of it, so I'll be starting over in the not-so-soon future. (Still packaging Rendo stuff. Years of stuff to do, I'm on 2014. But I'll see if I can find it for you.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

I'll have to track it down (it may be in my References) but I actually had a running dialog behind the scenes via PMs with the vendor as I was stumbling through the process, because the thread had gotten so long it was impossible to read through and find things. So after he helped me figure it out, I did a mini tutorial or a post that explained the most important parts, I can't exactly remember. If I find it, I'll get it for you in a link. I did get the hang of it and then of course forgot all of it, so I'll be starting over in the not-so-soon future. (Still packaging Rendo stuff. Years of stuff to do, I'm on 2014. But I'll see if I can find it for you.) 

That would be awesome but no rush! 

edited July 2017

Another render with the Raptor Dragon  by @RawArt and @PA_Philosophers Epic Skydomes Cloud Haven.  I also used @KindredArts Ghost lights (again, seriously, I don't think I do any renders anymore without usitlizing this!)  This one took 2 days to render on my laptop.  Don't take that as being discouraging, I was using the volumetric light cube and my laptop does not have a Nvidea card.  Its also about 6 years old lol.  On my pc with the nvidea card etc it would only take a couple of hours if not less even with the volumetric cube.  I rendered this without the cube on the laptop in about 45 min.

Above the Clouds Raptor Dragon.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

I love that Raptor/clouds render! Really well done.

Thank you very much!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Novica said:

I'll have to track it down (it may be in my References) but I actually had a running dialog behind the scenes via PMs with the vendor as I was stumbling through the process, because the thread had gotten so long it was impossible to read through and find things. So after he helped me figure it out, I did a mini tutorial or a post that explained the most important parts, I can't exactly remember. If I find it, I'll get it for you in a link.

Here's the link with a summary of all the GenX posts/ helpful info. It was in my References at the beginning of my thread (where I hoped it would be. Happy dance!) 

Awesome thank you so much!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221

Really nice image,  the transparency of the wings works very well! 

Really nice image,  the transparency of the wings works very well! 

Thank you! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Awesome image with the raptor in the clouds! 

Thank you very much!

edited July 2017

This is MDD Earth (Earth & Air morphs and shaders) for V4.  On V4 lol.  You can see why I am pretty keen on moving these up to G8F.  This is the raw render, its slated for post work but its getting late and I'm tired. Going camping tomorrow so I don't know that I will get to it until after the weekend, but I definitely want to highlight her eyes a bit and do some other (hopefully subtle) improvements.

EARTH FAE.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    edited July 2017

Heavy Metal - This is GK Dantas Machina.  Character with one of the metal skins.  I played with the color of the metal a bit and really like how it turned out. 

HEAVY METAL.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Scarily awesome character.  Came out really well. 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

This is MDD Earth (Earth & Air morphs and shaders) for V4.  On V4 lol.  You can see why I am pretty keen on moving these up to G8F.  This is the raw render, its slated for post work but its getting late and I'm tired. Going camping tomorrow so I don't know that I will get to it until after the weekend, but I definitely want to highlight her eyes a bit and do some other (hopefully subtle) improvements.

Wow! Just ...wow! 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

I like the character. Is that a Sparrowhawk in the background. Looks a bit strange with the stretched neck and big feet. It looks more like a young eagle :)

The back lighting on the raptor one is fantastic, and you have once again added stuff to my wish list. lol 

The Mdd earth girl is very cool, and a fantastic render but yea, I can't wait to see what you do with ithe character on G8 

This discussion has been closed.