SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT DAZ 4.9

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Are there products that will run on 4.8 but not 4.9?

And are there any bugs that need to be worked out of 4.9?

Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited July 2017

I can't speak to the 4.8 v 4.9 question in terms of what works and what doesn't, but for the second part: any piece of software more complex than "hello, world" probably has some bugs in it. :)

The question is, "Are there any critical bugs?," and I think the answer is probably no. I upgraded from DS 4.8 directly to the most recent 4.9 just a couple weeks ago and it seems to be as stable as any previous version I've used. For known lesser issues, you might want to skim through this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/175016/daz-studio-4-9-4-pro-general-release/p1

If you are really worried about it, make sure you keep a copy of your 4.8 installer and you can just revert if something you really need turns out to be broken.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Thanks,I'll do that!

I have a lot of work that is dependant on what my system is running, right now.

It's that 'unexpected' problem I'm a liitle concerned about, but I think I'll plan to make the transition.

I'll check out the thread, too..

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You could also keep 4.8 nas the General Release and install the Public Beta of 4.9, then you can use both without them conflicting.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Oh?

Now that is an interesting idea!

I don't think I have understood what Beta is- "public"?

I will look into that. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The beta is labeled "Public Build (Beta)" as technically it's a build channel and could be an alpha or a release candidate.  There is also a Private Build for in-house testing.