SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT DAZ 4.9

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Are there products that will run on 4.8 but not 4.9?

And are there any bugs that need to be worked out of 4.9?

z6.JPG
320 x 370 - 29K
Z5.JPG
148 x 145 - 15K
Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited July 2017

I can't speak to the 4.8 v 4.9 question in terms of what works and what doesn't, but for the second part: any piece of software more complex than "hello, world" probably has some bugs in it. :)

The question is, "Are there any critical bugs?," and I think the answer is probably no. I upgraded from DS 4.8 directly to the most recent 4.9 just a couple weeks ago and it seems to be as stable as any previous version I've used. For known lesser issues, you might want to skim through this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/175016/daz-studio-4-9-4-pro-general-release/p1

If you are really worried about it, make sure you keep a copy of your 4.8 installer and you can just revert if something you really need turns out to be broken.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Thanks,I'll do that!

I have a lot of work that is dependant on what my system is running, right now.

It's that 'unexpected' problem I'm a liitle concerned about, but I think I'll plan to make the transition.

I'll check out the thread, too..

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You could also keep 4.8 nas the General Release and install the Public Beta of 4.9, then you can use both without them conflicting.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Oh?

Now that is an interesting idea!

I don't think I have understood what Beta is- "public"?

I will look into that. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The beta is labeled "Public Build (Beta)" as technically it's a build channel and could be an alpha or a release candidate.  There is also a Private Build for in-house testing.