Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

Comments

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Gone, thank you so much :), that was exactly the problem I wasnt using the hair density for each node. I knew it was something that I was doing wrong, but couldn't figure it out. Now to see what I can come up with.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Gone, thank you so much :), that was exactly the problem I wasnt using the hair density for each node. I knew it was something that I was doing wrong, but couldn't figure it out. Now to see what I can come up with.

Glad you solved it, but I gotta say it...you were having a "bad hair day". :lol:
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Admittedly, I haven't played with it much, but I get easily frustrated and am really looking forward to more preset hairstyles in the future, so at least I can go in and alter it without screwing things up royally like I have been so far :p Once I push the curves down into the skull and can't get them back I give up....

I've tried the Mid Strawberry Blonde example scene and the results were gorgeous so I know it'll be worth it.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    J.King said:

Is there an "electrocute figure" button? B/c I think I maybe have pushed it. lol

There is...sort of.

The 'Surface Attract' slider can give that effect. A negative value can cause massive fly-aways like that...and combine that with the curl slider and you can get some really wild hair.

I can see that - but it should affect either all the hair or a selected group and neither condition seems to apply here. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

edited December 1969

Glad to see you have it sorted.

Now to really mess with your head - if you aren't changing the hair width on the new node, you could do the whole thing with one node and selection groups. :lol:

edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:
    Admittedly, I haven't played with it much, but I get easily frustrated and am really looking forward to more preset hairstyles in the future, so at least I can go in and alter it without screwing things up royally like I have been so far :p Once I push the curves down into the skull and can't get them back I give up....

I've tried the Mid Strawberry Blonde example scene and the results were gorgeous so I know it'll be worth it.

If you push the hair into the head, a quick way to pull it back out is with the "surface attact" tool.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

I'm struggling to figure out how to render in Reality via Daz.

I'm playing with the Demo Hair on Garibaldi website. It looks great in a Daz Render, but I have no clue how to transfer it to Reality. (The Model comes up bald.)

The Demo hair also can't seem to be parented to a different Genesis.

Can someone take me through the steps required to render in Reality?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

You have to export the hair to an object file, then load that. Lux won't render strand based hair.

edited December 1969

You have to export the hair to an object file, then load that. Lux won't render strand based hair.

I have done that. And it did not work.

I deleted everything but the hair. Then exported at an OBJ. Daz, 1 unit = 1cm.

(The OBJ file is microscopic...)

I then import the hair OBJ file.1 unit = 1 cm.

edited December 1969

If I export the whole scene... it comes back with no hair.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

You have to export it from Garibaldi, not DS. If that's what you're doing I'm at a loss, and I hope someone else can resolve it for you.

edited December 1969

You have to export it from Garibaldi, not DS. If that's what you're doing I'm at a loss, and I hope someone else can resolve it for you.

Exporting from DS... (And thanks.)

Bug... I went to different menus, and exported. that worked. if you don't go to other menus... doesn't work.

Yup.. bug. There are other times it seems to fail, generating files of size 0.

edited December 1969

UHF said:

Bug... I went to different menus, and exported. that worked. if you don't go to other menus... doesn't work.

The OBJ file takes some of the settings from the tweak window pane so it is best to be in that pane when you do the save. Depending on how much hair you've defined it can take several minutes to generate. A dialog box will come up telling you when it is finished. If you don't wait for the dialog, then you won't get a proper OBJ.

edited December 1969

Gone said:
    UHF said:

The OBJ file takes some of the settings from the tweak window pane so it is best to be in that pane when you do the save. Depending on how much hair you've defined it can take several minutes to generate. A dialog box will come up telling you when it is finished. If you don't wait for the dialog, then you won't get a proper OBJ.
    I have it working.

I'm not as happy as I could be, It definitely works like a charm in Daz.

(I'm just trying to reproduce Boy Hair for Genesis...) Autofit on that real one tends to distort or wreck it.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1736674

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

This is a very cool product! I've been tinkering with it a bit, and it is much more simple to use than what I tried in Carrara, at least for me. I still have much to learn but I'm getting nice results without too much trouble. Thanks for this!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited March 2013

UHF said:
    [
    I have it working.

I'm not as happy as I could be, It definitely works like a charm in Daz.

(I'm just trying to reproduce Boy Hair for Genesis...) Autofit on that real one tends to distort or wreck it.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1736674

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here but I found that auto-fit didn't work as I expected it to. In fact, when I imported the .obj on to another Genesis character, it positioned itself as though it were conforming to the original character that the hair was created and edited for. The hair in my example was body hair, not a head hairstyle.

So I figured that it might need to be saved as a figure/prop asset. Did that and now I can double-click the item in my content browser and it fits the Genesis character I happen to have loaded (I needed to parent it).

By the way, I've seen some mention of saving a "wearable" ... could someone explain that please? The only wearable I can find is a wearable pose preset - is that what we are talking about?

Post edited by marble on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

File->Save As->Wearable(s) Preset (4th item in the save as list)

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Yes - that's the one I meant (although it doesn't mention "pose"). My question really is: what is the difference between saving as a figure/prop asset and saving as a wearable preset? Do you import the object then apply the preset?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,, I trying to understand each tool, and grafullay grab them,,

then,, it seems my mstake but I can not reduce the problem. (TT)
    I change about many value and try to reduce it,, but I can not..

the problem is,, the top area of the hair (whorl of hair,,)
    too much baloon and stick out than I plan and expect,,,

I try tweaking again and again in Style Section,, and change parameter (I have not understand all yet ^^;)
    of Crump and Tweak,, it can not,,, so,,,plase help or guide me,,
    what is important,, to keep natural flat shape (not so baloon,,)?

is there key setting? or it is problem of curve value?

Whenever I make base hair shape , the toparea stick out like Pinwapple or Corn (TT),,,
    I hope to go next step,, but I need to find the rule to remove them,, help me please ,,

hairstyle1.JPG
    599 x 541 - 55K
    hairstyle2.JPG
    541 x 395 - 45K
    hairstyle.jpg
    400 x 500 - 84K
    edited December 1969

> merble

whereable preset is asset data of clothings which fit to genesis.

when apply it,, it just exchange all clothings to saved clothing set,
    and fit to genesis

(I did not try with V4 or M4 clothing with this option)

basically,,when save it as wearable preset, you better to save first as figure and prop. (it seems important,
    abut many case,,) so that it can save actuall geometry data . after that,, the preset just call the data of figure and prop,,
    I think.

I have never tried ,, save Garibaldi hair as wealable preset,, but
    I think it may not solve your auto-fit problem,, I think. it is simply preset file (or one of duf scene file,, I think)

• commorancycommorancy Posts: 39
    edited March 2013

Carl with a short style and goatee done with Garibaldi

I've attached the hair and goatee here as a freebie. The hair was saved as a scene subset choosing only the hair. When you load the hair, it will be colored red (meaning it is not associated with any figures). Select the hair, go to Parameters and choose 'Fit To'. In the Window that opens, choose Genesis and click Accept.

Here are the links to download the freebies:

Carl Hair
    Carl Goatee

These work with Genesis. Note, you will need to have Garibaldi installed to load these hair presets.

Oh, and I always forgot the obligatory licensing questions:

These freebies maybe used for any commercial or non-commercial purposes in 2D image depictions. The 3D presets themselves are released under the 3.0 Creative Commons Non-Commercial No-Derivatives Attribution license.

Note that all my freebies are under this license by default unless otherwise specified.

Enjoy

Carl2000.jpg
    1125 x 2000 - 325K
    Post edited by commorancy on
  • theSeatheSea Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I try tweaking again and again in Style Section,, and change parameter (I have not understand all yet ^^;)

Whenever I make base hair shape , the toparea stick out like Pinwapple or Corn (TT),,,
    I hope to go next step,, but I need to find the rule to remove them,, help me please ,,

Watch the video on the Garibaldi website if you have not done so - much explained there.

This looks like you might need to play with the parting values a bit.. display the hair and then go tweak those values and see if it doesn't improve.

• theSeatheSea Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Great p[product - I'm finding this really easy to use and the hair shader looks stunning! It really works well with the way I render.

I was wondering if someone could give a quick rundown on how some of the shader values on the surfaces tab work? I had a look at the old Garibaldi thread and it seems that things were changed post beta...? Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

edited December 1969

marble said:
    Kerya said:

Yes - that's the one I meant (although it doesn't mention "pose"). My question really is: what is the difference between saving as a figure/prop asset and saving as a wearable preset? Do you import the object then apply the preset?

First off, when you say object, are you talking about the hair node being converted to an OBJ file or are you talking about the actual hair node?

If the latter, the difference is that if you save it as a figure/prop asset, when you load it into a new scene and edit the hair node the changes will not be saved with the new scene. The node will always reset to the original saved shape. Saving the hair node as a wearable preset will allow edits to be saved with the scene.

As an example, say you have a long hair style that is saved with the hair straight down the back. You bring it into a new scene and edit it so that it appears to be blowing in the wind. If the hair was saved as a figure/prop asset, then this edit will not be saved with the scene. When you reopen the scene, the hair will be straight down the back again. If the hair was saved as a wearable preset, then the edit will be saved with the scene and reloading the scene will have the hair shaped as intended.

edited December 1969

In the style tab, about half way down is a setting called " auto parting settings". the default value is 180. Change this to around 100 to flatten out the stray hair. You can turn on the hair display by clicking "show hair" near the bottom in the style tab and move the slider back and forth to see how it affects the plume.

edited December 1969

theSea said:
    Great p[product - I'm finding this really easy to use and the hair shader looks stunning! It really works well with the way I render.

I was wondering if someone could give a quick rundown on how some of the shader values on the surfaces tab work? I had a look at the old Garibaldi thread and it seems that things were changed post beta...? Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Not sure how you say it was changed. Some of the default values were changed near the end of the beta cycle but the layout has always been the same.

The settings that will have the greatest effect are primary and secondary specular and transmission.

Basically, primary specular is the brighter/focused shine. I often leave this alone - depending on the light set.

Seconday specular is a duller/less focused shine. I usually set this to the tip colour and a bit lighter in shade.

Transmission is similar to translucency and I usually set this a bit lighter than seconday specular.

You can play with the other settings to see how they affect the hair but changing the colour values in these 3 will have the greatet visual impact.

edited December 1969

Wao,,,, so thanks,,,, Sea and Gone,,,:-)Yes Yes Yes,,,,It work for me well (TT b

I tweak Style again and again,, ,, after get this hair tool, then I thought may understand each
    tool of Style,, then serch and check other setction,, and read PDF with dictionaly,,
    Clump and Tweak ,, I missed Auto Parting parameter,, perfectly @@;

I will check video tutoriall ,,if it was mentioned in video tutoriall too?

I often see video tutoriall, with ds open and play Garibaldi,, then forget to see tutorial ^^;

anyway you saved me from maze ^^; I have deleted many hair,, and create new hair,, but I failed everytime,,

Now I got it !!!

I hope to understand more how to apply texture map ,,about each setting,,
    :)

will I need genesis head and face UV template ?

(I can not clearly, which UV template I need to use,, about this hair setting,,
    eg Distribute Color,, or Clump,,

if I need just square texture,, which colored? (though it may mistake,, I think,,,)

edited December 1969

Feature Request:

Someone in the other thread (a hair stylist I believe) mentioned showing the surface textures when painting the hair on the head. That way you can see the hair line. I have to agree. I'm working with my version of 'Boy Hair' and its exceedingly obvious that I'm not following the skins hair line.

'Select All' for hair would be handy.

I can't seem to export the hair for different head shapes. I'm not sure why this is.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

How long is the sale good for? I'd like to buy it around the 9th if at all possible.

edited December 1969

> merble

whereable preset is asset data of clothings which fit to genesis.

when apply it,, it just exchange all clothings to saved clothing set,
    and fit to genesis

(I did not try with V4 or M4 clothing with this option)

basically,,when save it as wearable preset, you better to save first as figure and prop. (it seems important,
    abut many case,,) so that it can save actuall geometry data . after that,, the preset just call the data of figure and prop,,
    I think.

I have never tried ,, save Garibaldi hair as wealable preset,, but
    I think it may not solve your auto-fit problem,, I think. it is simply preset file (or one of duf scene file,, I think)

Autofit does not function with OBJs. It also does not work with 'wearable' saves. The Garibaldi OBJ strictly and only fits the default Genesis head. It will not fit the Genesis head that you did the work on, for instance. OBJs associated with the head will pose with the figure.

This is a Citizen X head morph with a Garibaldi Hair OBJ which was designed for this head. As you can see, it does not fit.

NoFitting.jpg
    1428 x 808 - 247K