Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

1356756

Comments

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    This is not for use with Reality , however you can export your favorite hair style as OBJ, and use in Reality or any other software .
    The OBJ is UV mapped already each hair strand use the same template what is simple square you can use what ever you wish on the hair and in Reality you just need a color and nothing else beside you are going to make some roots or different tips and it will looks as anything else before, trust me on that

    UHF said:
    Will this work with Reality for rendering?

    Are their any examples of this? How are the textures (with reality) etc.

  • UHFUHF Posts: 209
    edited February 2013

    Mec4D said:
    This is not for use with Reality , however you can export your favorite hair style as OBJ, and use in Reality or any other software .
    The OBJ is UV mapped already each hair strand use the same template what is simple square you can use what ever you wish on the hair and in Reality you just need a color and nothing else beside you are going to make some roots or different tips and it will looks as anything else before, trust me on that

    UHF said:
    Will this work with Reality for rendering?

    Are their any examples of this? How are the textures (with reality) etc.


    Bare with me here...

    So... you're saying I need to build up the hair in Daz\Garibaldi, then save it as an OBJ (does that mean with colour?), then re-import it into Daz, and I can Pose\Render\Autofit (I know... *Gasp*) it as normal?

    (Altering the hair Pose might be a pain, but OK.)

    I'm not actually a texture wiz.

    Post edited by UHF on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

    Wao,,,you are all hair maker,,, @@;

    then I want to ask so basic question,,,,

    how to delete paint map the area where I mistake colored in 3d view?
    mouce drug with some key? I am reading web manuall and you tube video,,
    but can not find how to do,,

    or need to export map and modify it in paint aprication,, (I have only gimp,,,)
    then import again? :roll:

    And,, Can I make more thin soft straight hair,,?
    Alisa Uh-Lisa s, top pic hair is great,,, then the thickness of the hair is limit?

  • 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

    @kitakoredaz

    Change the 'Value' setting to zero and paint over the area you want to erase.

    :)

    garabaldi_value.jpg
    1486 x 1021 - 185K
  • 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

    Under 'Distribute' you'll find 'Width Settings' to change the base and tip widths.

    :)

    garabaldi_width.jpg
    1446 x 1024 - 109K
  • UHFUHF Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

    3DLust said:
    @kitakoredaz

    Change the 'Value' setting to zero and paint over the area you want to erase.

    :)


    Wow... Nose hair... here we come.
  • Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    It would be heavy , look only 40K of hair strand take already 129K of poly at the lowest possible resolution , however the same would be 500K when created in Zbrush so still 3.5 times lower what is cool , in case of your fur here I would use displacement for the base and then finish it with the hair on top in lower density for the desire fur effect , since not much artists use geometries for creating fur so intensive for animated sets.. for still yes but not animated .

    Bellow simple rigged test model as obj using Garibaldi for styling and export as obj, I did a lot more but have not the images under hand at this moment

    Mec4D said:
    The price is nice also for the next 2 days! The Garibaldi hair are in the same quality as the Zbrush curve hair with the extras that you can style it so much better and easy and don't have to know the technical details about rigging as it is already there following your animated figure without haste , even the exporter for obj export exactly the same geometry types as I used for the Unshaven Set for M5 as long you use the subdivision 3 what is all you need for DS and Poser , since 3 faces are more than enough to look nice, another great astuff about it is that after exporting to obj you can still change the thickness of the hair in DS when it is rigged so a lot of good stuff and it is my primary hair plugin for all my fibers and it render sooo fast , I am sure you will love it when you get more comfortable to work with , there is also a lot of documentation so easy to follow , and the best part the hair have own amazing shader already so the hair looking nice , and there may be no difference between MAYA or PIXAR anymore as they belong to the family and I just love it!

    One example. For hair this piece of leather, armor that I am creating. This is fantastic, beards, hair, clothes and decorations beyond what I imagined.

    Would this not be too heavy?

    Thank you Mec4D!!! :)

    Big hug!!

    Beto.

  • KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

    BTW, if you wanna export to OBJ for use outside of DAZ Studio, it may not retain the shaders provided by Garibaldi Express. Therefore, it will not render the same look in Reality, am I correct?

  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,279
    edited December 1969



    And,, Can I make more thin soft straight hair,,?
    Alisa Uh-Lisa s, top pic hair is great,,, then the thickness of the hair is limit?

    Thanks :) As already pointed out you can increase or decrease thickness. When I eventually get this I've got a lot to learn, but it's a fabulous product!

    Take a look at some of the renders in the beta thread - there's some truly magnificent stuff there!

  • UHFUHF Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

    BTW, if you wanna export to OBJ for use outside of DAZ Studio, it may not retain the shaders provided by Garibaldi Express. Therefore, it will not render the same look in Reality, am I correct?

    That is my concern... That's why I want to know about how it looks.

    I'm already used to having to do some adjustments for materials for Reality. Many hair sets are rather plastic looking in renders, so I've learned to be a lot more careful.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    It is so easy as it sounds if you know what you do , for me yes exactly, the same way I did unshaven set and other stuff but with even better quality , when you build the model in Garibaldi no shaders will be exported as Garibaldi plugin create only the curves and the main shader colors, you need to use your own textures what are nothing else as only plain colors , the hair are to tin to use any hair textures on them as they will be not visible .. you don;t have to be texture guru here to make plain flag looking square .. it is simple if you know what you do, you still need to rigg the obj after and make sure everything works , for me it works as well . as you do with Zbrush fiber hair .. and the obj exporter is additional feature that have nothing to do with the rest of plugin .. it is just OBJ converter and after that you are on your own with .. the obj model is UV mapped so not much job on this part .. DS transfer Utility works also so not see any issue to prevent you from making your own fiber obj hair using this tool , you can't use the Garibaldi hair shader on exported OBJs the support ends here


    UHF said:
    Mec4D said:
    This is not for use with Reality , however you can export your favorite hair style as OBJ, and use in Reality or any other software .
    The OBJ is UV mapped already each hair strand use the same template what is simple square you can use what ever you wish on the hair and in Reality you just need a color and nothing else beside you are going to make some roots or different tips and it will looks as anything else before, trust me on that

    UHF said:
    Will this work with Reality for rendering?

    Are their any examples of this? How are the textures (with reality) etc.


    Bare with me here...

    So... you're saying I need to build up the hair in Daz\Garibaldi, then save it as an OBJ (does that mean with colour?), then re-import it into Daz, and I can Pose\Render\Autofit (I know... *Gasp*) it as normal?

    (Altering the hair Pose might be a pain, but OK.)

    I'm not actually a texture wiz.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    the level of the reality of the hair is based on the standard professional used today everywhere in big movie productions , and you can do whatever you wish to get the look you want ., even after you are in the scene you can still change the look , you should read the tutorials before and see what you can do , they are on the official Garibaldi website ..

    http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/help.html

    PLEASE READ THIS EVERYONE FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE WORKFLOW
    ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF DOCUMENTATIONS

    Wao,,,you are all hair maker,,, @@;

    then I want to ask so basic question,,,,

    how to delete paint map the area where I mistake colored in 3d view?
    mouce drug with some key? I am reading web manuall and you tube video,,
    but can not find how to do,,

    or need to export map and modify it in paint aprication,, (I have only gimp,,,)
    then import again? :roll:

    And,, Can I make more thin soft straight hair,,?
    Alisa Uh-Lisa s, top pic hair is great,,, then the thickness of the hair is limit?

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    That is understanding it will not render the same way since other programs use different render engine , so how it could render the same way then ?
    Reality use Luxrender, Poser use Firefly .. and Garibaldi use 3DLite and so the shader is for .. it is logical
    But the shader is nothing magical here , just Specular and a bit of translucent material, that is very easy to setup in your favorite software
    it is more easy as you may think ..


    UHF said:
    BTW, if you wanna export to OBJ for use outside of DAZ Studio, it may not retain the shaders provided by Garibaldi Express. Therefore, it will not render the same look in Reality, am I correct?

    That is my concern... That's why I want to know about how it looks.

    I'm already used to having to do some adjustments for materials for Reality. Many hair sets are rather plastic looking in renders, so I've learned to be a lot more careful.

  • UHFUHF Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    It is so easy as it sounds if you know what you do , for me yes exactly, the same way I did unshaven set and other stuff but with even better quality , when you build the model in Garibaldi no shaders will be exported as Garibaldi plugin create only the curves and the main shader colors, you need to use your own textures what are nothing else as only plain colors , the hair are to tin to use any hair textures on them as they will be not visible .. you don;t have to be texture guru here to make plain flag looking square .. it is simple if you know what you do, you still need to rigg the obj after and make sure everything works , for me it works as well . as you do with Zbrush fiber hair .. and the obj exporter is additional feature that have nothing to do with the rest of plugin .. it is just OBJ converter and after that you are on your own with .. the obj model is UV mapped so not much job on this part .. DS transfer Utility works also so not see any issue to prevent you from making your own fiber obj hair using this tool , you can't use the Garibaldi hair shader on exported OBJs the support ends here

    OK... So I think I get how this will work for me. I can probably use the hair is a pile of strands. The hair colour would be simple, like solid dark brown, and the glossiness\shadows would give the hair the look.

    Have you actually tested this with Reality?

  • 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    Yes that is true, you can't export OBJ only from any copyrighted styles but only from your own styles , make sure you know what you do as it can turns quickly into millions of poly , the suggested subdivision is # 3 with around 7-10.000 hair strands for best files , other way you will get trouble in rigging or rendering , for using the hair for still render like in Reality it is ok to have higher values of hair , but still all you need is subdivision 3 , I even styled the exported hair in Zbrush after , working beautiful since the hair strands have more segments they bend so well . Exported OBJ can be distributed freely as long it is all your creation

    just want to make sure before i puchase can i get confirmation (creator or daz) that we can redistribute an exported obj mesh (own creation), i had the beta and there was a note that we CANT use the obj file.

    thanks in advance

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    Yes, In reality the hair was looking most amazing , I am testing this for the last 1 and half year , when you export the OBJ for reality the best way is to use color, and then the silver metal shader from Reality and the rest is magic .. without anything else you will get already amazing effect .. for example you can do the silver and change the main color to brown and the rest will happen .. if you want to have different roots use square texture with the roots painted ( sort of flag looking strips ) and you have even better result, and the possibilities are unlimited , ans the best part is that you can export little more hair to Reality as it can handle the memory better .. I spend on that already over 100 pages so don;t want to go back in this again since it is not about the OBJ this time but the curves in DS , but I am sure you will not lose your money on this since it is really great plugin .


    UHF said:
    Mec4D said:
    It is so easy as it sounds if you know what you do , for me yes exactly, the same way I did unshaven set and other stuff but with even better quality , when you build the model in Garibaldi no shaders will be exported as Garibaldi plugin create only the curves and the main shader colors, you need to use your own textures what are nothing else as only plain colors , the hair are to tin to use any hair textures on them as they will be not visible .. you don;t have to be texture guru here to make plain flag looking square .. it is simple if you know what you do, you still need to rigg the obj after and make sure everything works , for me it works as well . as you do with Zbrush fiber hair .. and the obj exporter is additional feature that have nothing to do with the rest of plugin .. it is just OBJ converter and after that you are on your own with .. the obj model is UV mapped so not much job on this part .. DS transfer Utility works also so not see any issue to prevent you from making your own fiber obj hair using this tool , you can't use the Garibaldi hair shader on exported OBJs the support ends here

    OK... So I think I get how this will work for me. I can probably use the hair is a pile of strands. The hair colour would be simple, like solid dark brown, and the glossiness\shadows would give the hair the look.

    Have you actually tested this with Reality?

  • marblemarble Posts: 2,706
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    .. it is simple if you know what you do, you still need to rigg the obj after and make sure everything works , for me it works as well . as you do with Zbrush fiber hair .. and the obj exporter is additional feature that have nothing to do with the rest of plugin .. it is just OBJ converter and after that you are on your own with .. the obj model is UV mapped so not much job on this part .. DS transfer Utility works also so not see any issue to prevent you from making your own fiber obj hair using this tool , you can't use the Garibaldi hair shader on exported OBJs the support ends here


    Thanks for this - I'm feeling a bit more confident now. When you say "you still need to rig the obj after ..." is this to add movement morphs, etc? Sorry - I have not tried making clothing yet so I'm not experienced with rigging, etc.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    NOTE ? by who .. in the plugin is a note that you can't distribute OBJ created from a style your don't own copyrights for since , I have the official plugin after release. Any exported OBJ from your own styles can be redistribute

    in scenario: I created Garibaldi style and you made OBJ from that and give for free.. it is not allowed.. since the style is mine and you need permission


    Mec4D said:
    Yes that is true, you can't export OBJ only from any copyrighted styles but only from your own styles , make sure you know what you do as it can turns quickly into millions of poly , the suggested subdivision is # 3 with around 7-10.000 hair strands for best files , other way you will get trouble in rigging or rendering , for using the hair for still render like in Reality it is ok to have higher values of hair , but still all you need is subdivision 3 , I even styled the exported hair in Zbrush after , working beautiful since the hair strands have more segments they bend so well . Exported OBJ can be distributed freely as long it is all your creation

    just want to make sure before i puchase can i get confirmation (creator or daz) that we can redistribute an exported obj mesh (own creation), i had the beta and there was a note that we CANT use the obj file.

    thanks in advance

  • UHFUHF Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:

    Yes, In reality the hair was looking most amazing , I am testing this for the last 1 and half year , when you export the OBJ for reality the best way is to use color, and then the silver metal shader from Reality and the rest is magic .. without anything else you will get already amazing effect .. for example you can do the silver and change the main color to brown and the rest will happen .. if you want to have different roots use square texture with the roots painted ( sort of flag looking strips ) and you have even better result, and the possibilities are unlimited , ans the best part is that you can export little more hair to Reality as it can handle the memory better .. I spend on that already over 100 pages so don;t want to go back in this again since it is not about the OBJ this time but the curves in DS , but I am sure you will not lose your money on this since it is really great plugin .

    My wallet is feeling a little full right now...
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

    thank you much reply,,
    I hope to try tomorrow, ,(But need to work hard ,,before playing ^^;)

    then I adjusted width base and tip already,, then feel if I can more thin,
    so it is limits? (now set 0.00 and 0.00)

    In my view,, when I change controller of width,
    the hair thickness in 3d window seems not change,,,,:roll:
    (amount and Seed parameter work clear)

    hairset.JPG
    1029 x 500 - 91K
  • 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:

    NOTE ? by who .. in the plugin is a note that you can't distribute OBJ created from a style your don't own copyrights for since , I have the official plugin after release. Any exported OBJ from your own styles can be redistribute

    in scenario: I created Garibaldi style and you made OBJ from that and give for free.. it is not allowed.. since the style is mine and you need permission


    Mec4D said:
    Yes that is true, you can't export OBJ only from any copyrighted styles but only from your own styles , make sure you know what you do as it can turns quickly into millions of poly , the suggested subdivision is # 3 with around 7-10.000 hair strands for best files , other way you will get trouble in rigging or rendering , for using the hair for still render like in Reality it is ok to have higher values of hair , but still all you need is subdivision 3 , I even styled the exported hair in Zbrush after , working beautiful since the hair strands have more segments they bend so well . Exported OBJ can be distributed freely as long it is all your creation

    just want to make sure before i puchase can i get confirmation (creator or daz) that we can redistribute an exported obj mesh (own creation), i had the beta and there was a note that we CANT use the obj file.

    thanks in advance

    on obj export there was a pop-up window that stated the obj file could not be re-distributed, i could have read it wrong, but seemed clea at the time. i just want to check with daz or the creator that this is not the case, of course i'm talking about my creations/styles.

    thanks in advance

  • BrumitDBrumitD Posts: 228
    edited December 1969

    I enjoyed using the beta version and this was a must buy.
    With a little time, it gives great results.

    yeti1sa.jpg
    1200 x 1293 - 479K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    It may confuse people already since we talking about OBJ more than the plugin itself

    Garibaldi plugin do all the magic you need to make style and use it as you do with regular clothing , complete solution ..

    but exported OBJ are plain models that are exported outside DS and does not include any rigging information or anything else beside UV's
    so if you want to use the OBJ in place of the plugin hair you need to learn how to do that .


    marble said:
    Mec4D said:
    .. it is simple if you know what you do, you still need to rigg the obj after and make sure everything works , for me it works as well . as you do with Zbrush fiber hair .. and the obj exporter is additional feature that have nothing to do with the rest of plugin .. it is just OBJ converter and after that you are on your own with .. the obj model is UV mapped so not much job on this part .. DS transfer Utility works also so not see any issue to prevent you from making your own fiber obj hair using this tool , you can't use the Garibaldi hair shader on exported OBJs the support ends here


    Thanks for this - I'm feeling a bit more confident now. When you say "you still need to rig the obj after ..." is this to add movement morphs, etc? Sorry - I have not tried making clothing yet so I'm not experienced with rigging, etc.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited February 2013

    For real ? you read this wrong then :) and the NON SUPPORTED feature mean there would be not support given what to do with this after exporting to OBJ .. since the main support is focusing on the plugin in general .


    Mec4D said:

    NOTE ? by who .. in the plugin is a note that you can't distribute OBJ created from a style your don't own copyrights for since , I have the official plugin after release. Any exported OBJ from your own styles can be redistribute

    in scenario: I created Garibaldi style and you made OBJ from that and give for free.. it is not allowed.. since the style is mine and you need permission


    Mec4D said:
    Yes that is true, you can't export OBJ only from any copyrighted styles but only from your own styles , make sure you know what you do as it can turns quickly into millions of poly , the suggested subdivision is # 3 with around 7-10.000 hair strands for best files , other way you will get trouble in rigging or rendering , for using the hair for still render like in Reality it is ok to have higher values of hair , but still all you need is subdivision 3 , I even styled the exported hair in Zbrush after , working beautiful since the hair strands have more segments they bend so well . Exported OBJ can be distributed freely as long it is all your creation

    just want to make sure before i puchase can i get confirmation (creator or daz) that we can redistribute an exported obj mesh (own creation), i had the beta and there was a note that we CANT use the obj file.

    thanks in advance

    on obj export there was a pop-up window that stated the obj file could not be re-distributed, i could have read it wrong, but seemed clea at the time. i just want to check with daz or the creator that this is not the case, of course i'm talking about my creations/styles.

    thanks in advance

    eula.jpg
    454 x 323 - 78K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Mec4D said:
    For real ? you read this wrong then :) and the NON SUPPORTED feature mean there would be not support given what to do with this after exporting to OBJ .. since the main support is focusing on the plugin in general .


    Mec4D said:

    NOTE ? by who .. in the plugin is a note that you can't distribute OBJ created from a style your don't own copyrights for since , I have the official plugin after release. Any exported OBJ from your own styles can be redistribute

    in scenario: I created Garibaldi style and you made OBJ from that and give for free.. it is not allowed.. since the style is mine and you need permission


    Mec4D said:
    Yes that is true, you can't export OBJ only from any copyrighted styles but only from your own styles , make sure you know what you do as it can turns quickly into millions of poly , the suggested subdivision is # 3 with around 7-10.000 hair strands for best files , other way you will get trouble in rigging or rendering , for using the hair for still render like in Reality it is ok to have higher values of hair , but still all you need is subdivision 3 , I even styled the exported hair in Zbrush after , working beautiful since the hair strands have more segments they bend so well . Exported OBJ can be distributed freely as long it is all your creation

    just want to make sure before i puchase can i get confirmation (creator or daz) that we can redistribute an exported obj mesh (own creation), i had the beta and there was a note that we CANT use the obj file.

    thanks in advance

    on obj export there was a pop-up window that stated the obj file could not be re-distributed, i could have read it wrong, but seemed clea at the time. i just want to check with daz or the creator that this is not the case, of course i'm talking about my creations/styles.

    thanks in advance

    "licensed content" is a bit abstract to me, the hair strands mesh could be considered "licensed content". i just want to check so there is no question.

  • futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    In my view,, when I change controller of width,
    the hair thickness in 3d window seems not change,,,,:roll:
    (amount and Seed parameter work clear)

    The preview section at the bottom of the Workspace setting has an option to preview hair with widths.
    This option is not on by default as it degrades performance.

    If you have selected the 'Low' graphics performance option this feature will not be available. The graphics performance level can be changed at any time by selecting the 'Reset Graphics Options...' item from the edit menu of the Garibaldi Editor window.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    Do you know you can share and sell your own Garibaldi hair style also? ;)

    Mec4D said:
    For real ? you read this wrong then :) and the NON SUPPORTED feature mean there would be not support given what to do with this after exporting to OBJ .. since the main support is focusing on the plugin in general .


    Mec4D said:

    NOTE ? by who .. in the plugin is a note that you can't distribute OBJ created from a style your don't own copyrights for since , I have the official plugin after release. Any exported OBJ from your own styles can be redistribute

    in scenario: I created Garibaldi style and you made OBJ from that and give for free.. it is not allowed.. since the style is mine and you need permission


    Mec4D said:
    Yes that is true, you can't export OBJ only from any copyrighted styles but only from your own styles , make sure you know what you do as it can turns quickly into millions of poly , the suggested subdivision is # 3 with around 7-10.000 hair strands for best files , other way you will get trouble in rigging or rendering , for using the hair for still render like in Reality it is ok to have higher values of hair , but still all you need is subdivision 3 , I even styled the exported hair in Zbrush after , working beautiful since the hair strands have more segments they bend so well . Exported OBJ can be distributed freely as long it is all your creation

    just want to make sure before i puchase can i get confirmation (creator or daz) that we can redistribute an exported obj mesh (own creation), i had the beta and there was a note that we CANT use the obj file.

    thanks in advance

    on obj export there was a pop-up window that stated the obj file could not be re-distributed, i could have read it wrong, but seemed clea at the time. i just want to check with daz or the creator that this is not the case, of course i'm talking about my creations/styles.

    thanks in advance

    "licensed content" is a bit abstract to me, the hair strands mesh could be considered "licensed content". i just want to check so there is no question.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464
    edited December 1969

    If it is full let get out some cents ! hahaha I know what you mean just teasing you ..


    UHF said:
    Mec4D said:

    Yes, In reality the hair was looking most amazing , I am testing this for the last 1 and half year , when you export the OBJ for reality the best way is to use color, and then the silver metal shader from Reality and the rest is magic .. without anything else you will get already amazing effect .. for example you can do the silver and change the main color to brown and the rest will happen .. if you want to have different roots use square texture with the roots painted ( sort of flag looking strips ) and you have even better result, and the possibilities are unlimited , ans the best part is that you can export little more hair to Reality as it can handle the memory better .. I spend on that already over 100 pages so don;t want to go back in this again since it is not about the OBJ this time but the curves in DS , but I am sure you will not lose your money on this since it is really great plugin .

    My wallet is feeling a little full right now...
  • futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    "licensed content" is a bit abstract to me, the hair strands mesh could be considered "licensed content". i just want to check so there is no question.

    Licensed content refers to content you buy/acquirer a license to use, such as the content on the DAZ store.
    Basically this disclaimer is to stop people from buying a item of hair to use with Garibaldi Express then saving it as an OBJ and reselling it.

    If you create your own content or don't plan to redistribute existing content to third parties in OBJ this should not be a issue.

    On the other points in that dialog warning:
    Exporting hair data is a powerful feature and can be used for many things. As this features use is outside the primary purpose of Garibaldi Express (which is creating, editing and rendering hair in DAZ Studio), I don't have the resources to offer technical support when using this for XZY purposes.

    This does not mean this feature does not work or has not been used successfully.

    Garibaldi Express has many advanced specially designed optimisations for dealing editing and rendering hair efficiently in the DAZ Studio environment. By exporting data as OBJ you will circumvent any of those optimisations. Dealing with OBJ data will require more system resources than using the Garibaldi Express in a normal manner but also may use less resources than creating similar data with other tools.

  • 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    thanks for the clarification, i use octane for all my renders so obj is my only path and always confirm mesh rights so i know where it stands.

    thanks again

Sign In or Register to comment.