How to freeze an object’s size and location

GuruvarGuruvar Posts: 344

Hello Sirs and Madams,

I'm new to the creative side of Daz, but have big goals with regard to creating content. Just trying to get past a few early hiccups.

On that note, is there any way to freeze an object at a particular size and location, so that when you transfer Genesis bones to it it doesn't revert to its original size/location? I thought I had this figured out, but I went to create some stuff today and it botched up.

I've exported, imported, disassembled and turned my objects inside out -- but they keep reverting to their original size during the rigging process. I figured there would be a 'clear' or 'zero' option somewhere in Daz or Hexagon, but I haven't been able to find it. I did read that you can do something with the Joint Tool, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This is not a query relevant to the developers forum, so moved to Nuts and Bolts.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you are making clothing for Genesis, I believe that you are supposed to use the Base shape to model around. Clothes made for one morph of Genesis will generally fit another. I take it you have made clothing to fit a small morph of Genesis? I think you need to select 'Reverse shape from source' or words to that effect.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I am sure someone who can will be along shortly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

If you have adjusted a mesh to fit Genesis, export it as OBJ and then import that OBJ again (using the same preset for both import and export) to freeze it.