Can't find program

digitalteckdigitalteck Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I Installed the download manager

Then I downloaded my queue the genesis starter essentials and the genesis starter essentials poser cf

I have no shortcut to run the program and cannot find the program.

Am I missing something I followed what I was suppose to download to install.

It say's Daz 4.5 is Installed and was included in the starter edition

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you mean you are using the DIM (DAZ Install Manager), it will not install the main application, you will need to download and install that separately. Go to your 'My Account' area to My Donwloadable Products, and download the main installer for DAZ Studio 4.5.

If you need any more help please ask.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

The official instructions for downloading and installing DAZ Studio can be found here:
    Windows: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21391331-How-to-Download-and-Install-DAZ-Studio-4-Windows-
    Mac: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21429218-How-to-Download-and-Install-DAZ-Studio-4-Mac-

You can skip the part on installing Genesis Starter Essentials, since you've already done that.

• witch fanwitch fan Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I'm also having some problems here: I've installed a new character for Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, but she's not showing up in the "Smart Content" tab. Am I doing something wrong?

edited December 1969

witch fan said:
    I'm also having some problems here: I've installed a new character for Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, but she's not showing up in the "Smart Content" tab. Am I doing something wrong?

A few follow-up questions for you:
    Which character is this? (Some older characters don't show in Smart Content)
    Are you able to find the character in the Content Library?
    Are you able to find other things in Smart Content, or is it completely empty?
    Did you install the character using the DAZ Install Manager, or did you do it manually?
  • witch fanwitch fan Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

witch fan said:

Did you install the character using the DAZ Install Manager, or did you do it manually?

Alright, they're:

Chibibel!
    By "Content Library", you mean "My Daz 3D Library", right? Cause that's where it is.
    The Smart Content is completely empty!
    I actually did it both ways, but the Install Manager was first.

edited December 1969

witch fan said:
    witch fan said:

Alright, they're:

Chibibel!
    By "Content Library", you mean "My Daz 3D Library", right? Cause that's where it is.
    The Smart Content is completely empty!
    I actually did it both ways, but the Install Manager was first.

Okay...
    So there might be more than one thing happening here. Chibibel is an older character...she came out before there was such a thing as "Smart Content" and I don't know if she's been updated with metadata so that she will show up there (some older characters have been updated; others haven't). So it's possible that she wouldn't show up in Smart Content, even if your Smart Content was working properly.

By "Content Library" I mean the "Content Library" pane within the DAZ Studio interface. Depending on your settings, it may not be in the same place for you as it is for me, but you should be able to find it by clicking on the Window menu (on the menu bar at the very top), then Panes (Tabs), then Content Library. This is assuming you're using Windows...not sure if this is the same for Mac users...

Once you get to the Content Library, you should be able to find Chibibel, probably in "Poser Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Figures" (I don't own that character, so I'm not sure about that path).

Here's more information on the problem of Smart Content being completely empty: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

Hope this is helpful! :)