Welcome to the March Freebie Challenge: "March Madness Mix-Up"

BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in Freebies

The Theme:

Since there seems to be a recurring theme of madness for March (mad as a March hare; NCAA March Madness basketball playoffs; assassination of Julius Caesar on the Ides of March); we'll continue the theme here.
I am going to take a page from the RRRR (Random Runtime Roulette Renders) contest. Your goal is to randomly pick three items from your runtime and include them in your render. Before starting your render you must post your randomly picked items and any paid for items picked will count toward your paid for limit.
Ideas on how to pick content can be found in the first post here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15285/

The Rules:

1. A minimum of 8 freebies.

2. A maximum of 3 purchased items. (you may list the Reality plugin as one of them)

3. Base figures (V4/M4?K4,V3/M3 and Genesis) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.

3b.. V4/M4/K4 Morphs++ and V3/M3 Head & Body Morphs will not count toward a purchased item. All other morph packages will be counted.

4. No postwork. This rule WILL NOT CHANGE SO DON’T ASK! (except for signatures and borders)

5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.

6. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.

6b. DAZ3D weekly freebies will count as free during the month they are released. The weekly freebie released during the last week of the previous month will also count as free for the month.

7. All links to freebies must work, and all freebies must be clearly and completely seen, not obstructed or hidden in any way from clear total viewing, no water reflections, or reflections that bend the freebie or distort it from it’s original form allowed without the freebie being seen above or outside the reflection itself as a stand alone, the freebie must be seen without having to enlarge the render to see it in any way, no items put against something the same color or texture making it blend into the other item. You may not link to items that specifically ask you not to link to them.

8. This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR EXTREMELY VIOLENT SITUATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.

9. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.

10. You may enter as many renders as you like each month, as long as they qualify.

11. You may post any renders you like without freebies or paid fors, these will be called NAEs, so please list them as such. They will not be considered entries.

12. Having fun is a must. Play hard, but please do not hurt anyone. The Daz team and/or MOD has the right to edit or remove any inappropriate comments they wish to. This will not change.

13. If you are going to be a judge, you must come into the challenge throughout the month, at least once every day or two. You can not just disappear. If you can not be here, do not ask to be a judge. You must also make comments on the entries as to give help to any newbies. You will be required to choose three winners and two honorable mentions for the month you judge. All judges chosen are allowed to enter the contest, but they may not vote for themselves.

14. Mini contests, within the main contest, are allowed at any time the host chooses. Prizes for them will be given separately from the main challenge.

15. You may use as many freebies from “community” sites. These are sites that feature free items from various arthors, like Sharecg.com or Renderosity.com. You may NOT repeat a link to a third party site “exactly” once used in the entry, You can, however, use the same thirs party site link as long as it goes to a different page. Most-digital-creations.com is an example of this.

The Prizes

DAZ3D Sponsored Prizes

1st place will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
2nd place will receive a $12.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
3rd place will receive an $8.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.

Jaderail Sponsored Prizes

1st Place $20.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
2nd Place $15.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
3rd Place $10.00 DAZ3D Gift Card

From your host

$5.00 DAZ3D Gift Card for each Honourable Mention

Other prizes will be listed as they become available. I am looking for donations for entry gifts & other prizes.
Unless I get some volunteer judges; I will be Judge; Jury & Host.

Post edited by BWSman on

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

this sounds like a great take on the theme B, If I can muster up .... well maybe an idea... I might attempt to do something too.
    I am NOT offering to judge this month. I've been judging on and off for most of the months. I think I finally got burned out guys. Now some of you are going to have to step up and do some judging. Some newbies would be nice, lets see how many of you can take on the challenge. thanks

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Just a couple questions...

Since the base figures of M3, V3, A3 and H3 are still available as one download from CDnet, and you've allowed morphs for M3 & V3, will the morphs for A3 & H3 still be a no count item?

What about the Mech Girl for A3 pack? Is it still a 'free item'? Since DAZ has made it a 'free with purchase item'?

How about Platinum Club freebies? I can't use them because I'm not a PC member.

As for postwork, well... We have beaten that poor horse to death so you'll get no argument from me. :) :)

Gerry

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rules should not be debated in the Contest thread. If you have a query about the rules please PM Music or one of the ETO's thankyou.

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    The Rules:
    (snip)

9. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.

Just doing as I was told. Sorry Mam.
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Just a couple questions...

Since the base figures of M3, V3, A3 and H3 are still available as one download from CDnet, and you've allowed morphs for M3 & V3, will the morphs for A3 & H3 still be a no count item?

What about the Mech Girl for A3 pack? Is it still a 'free item'? Since DAZ has made it a 'free with purchase item'?

How about Platinum Club freebies? I can't use them because I'm not a PC member.

As for postwork, well... We have beaten that poor horse to death so you'll get no argument from me. :) :)

Gerry

Since H3 came with all his morphs built in and that package is free at Cnet; that can go toward your freebie count.
    A3 morphs are a paid for item
    All items at DAZ3D items that are "free with purchase" can count toward your freebie total. The weekly freebies are still being counted.
    The monthly PC freebie does not count as a freebie.
    Post edited by BWSman on
  • celebicelebi Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

i will give two gifts if any of you want to see a free item texture animals and outfits only please list what you would like to see and i will randomly pick two things to texture

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

I know there has been a lot of questions about the Available DAZ freebies, current, past, future. If you are not a PCM you won't get a freebie from DAZ. Make a purchase, get the freebie. There have been many adjustments in reguards to the DAZ freebie section. All in all, still intact though. I have one simple ruling on DAZ freebies..."if you can provide a working legal link to the free item, and use it in your render, to be clearly seen by all" then it is accepted. Maybe members must be sure never to let these items leak out into the streets...OMG! They're freebies...RUN!

:-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2013

♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥

lolcat_happy_recharge.jpg
    350 x 333 - 25K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

so B, I do have a quick question... with the three items that you select, do they have to be free or can they be paid also. just checking.

edited February 2013

jeeperz said:
    so B, I do have a quick question... with the three items that you select, do they have to be free or can they be paid also. just checking.

The Theme:

Since there seems to be a recurring theme of madness for March (mad as a March hare; NCAA March Madness basketball playoffs; assassination of Julius Caesar on the Ides of March); we'll continue the theme here.
    I am going to take a page from the RRRR (Random Runtime Roulette Renders) contest. Your goal is to randomly pick three items from your runtime and include them in your render. Before starting your render you must post your randomly picked items and any paid for items picked will count toward your paid for limit.
    Ideas on how to pick content can be found in the first post here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15285/

Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

Oops guess I misses that....mthanks

• KayonnKayonn Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Have the eight freebies got to come from DAZ?

edited December 1969

no, they can come from ANYWHERE as long as you can provide a working link to it then it counts

• KayonnKayonn Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

That makes it a lot easier - thanks!

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:cheese: HI guys,. My RL got a bit stable by now, so I was wondering if I can sneak back :)

And great idea BWSman, that should be loads of fun :D

edited December 1969

You are always welcome Krissy.

edited December 1969

Thank you BWSman :)
    I am a bit oblivious of what is happening here, so if I will step on any toes, please feel free to point it out to me :)

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

March Gallery Created

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    If I will step on any toes, please feel free to point it out to me :)

OUCH!

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    If I will step on any toes, please feel free to point it out to me :)

OUCH!

OOps sorry.. don't you have huge toes Dorsey ;)

• SnowDogSnowDog Posts: 44
    edited March 2013

Ok, well, since I have an SQL database of all the stuff in my runtime (accountant, what can I say!) I went ahead and did a random number generation (between 1 and the number of items in my database) and looked up the record number matching my random number.

Drumroll please:
    Geisha Hair for V4 - http://www.sharecg.com/v/34533/Poser/Geisha-Hair-for-V4
    Mountie Outfit for M4 - http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?id=17418
    Picture Photo Frames (Jan 2012 Newsletter Freebie from Renderosity) - http://www.renderosity.com/january-2012-newsletter-freebie---fabiana-cms-16002?&AID=408

Clash of the cultures! Go! LOL

Post edited by SnowDog on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Welcome back, Krissy!

Dana

edited December 1969

Thank you Dana :)
    Hey GamerDrr.. you have some cool thing chosen :)

edited December 1969

what dana said.... welcome back Krissy

edited December 1969

Thank you jepeerz. :)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited March 2013

Getting back to this month's topic - Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build the list of what one has installed?

I have lists of what I've downloaded (for pay and for free) from Daz3D, Rendo, RDNA, Fantasies Realm, and Poser World, but that's far from everything in my runtime... and not everything that I've downloaded is in my runtime.

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Getting back to this month's topic - Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build the list of what one has installed?

I have lists of what I've downloaded (for pay and for free) from Daz3D, Rendo, RDNA, Fantasies Realm, and Poser World, but that's far from everything in my runtime... and not everything that I've downloaded is in my runtime.

You don't have a list of stuff you download from ShareCG?

You might have to manually add the items that aren't on your list. or get screenshot captures of the various folders in your runtime; cave them as an image file and use and OCR program to convert to text file. You will have do subfolders as well; depending on how you have the folders organized.
    One you have that done; compile all your lists into one spreadsheet; eliminate any doubles & you should be good to go.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

I'm in, anything random ;-)

My random pull:
    Freebee contest
    #2952 : The Wrangler
    #657 : Vertical Living Repair Shop
    #769 : Accent Tables

Now a question, as the random pull "The Wrangler" is a texture set with Boundless Journey as "required product", how is this supposed to be handled as it is a random pull. Is "Boundless Journey" automatically added as it is required or should I redraw that? Any other option sounds rather difficult to handle ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

My random pull:
    Freebee contest

Now a question, as the random pull "The Wrangler" is a texture set with Boundless Journey as "required product", how is this supposed to be handled as it is a random pull. Is "Boundless Journey" automatically added as it is required or should I redraw that? Any other option sounds rather difficult to handle ;-)

In the case of drawing a texture set; I will allow the use of the product it is designed for.

The main reason we limit the number of paid for items; is because this is a freebie contest and we don't want the paid for items to overshadow the freebies used. Another reason is to show that freebie content can be just as good quality as paid for content.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Totte said:

My random pull:
    Freebee contest

In the case of drawing a texture set; I will allow the use of the product it is designed for.

The main reason we limit the number of paid for items; is because this is a freebie contest and we don't want the paid for items to overshadow the freebies used. Another reason is to show that freebie content can be just as good quality as paid for content.
    Thanks, and I understand that. Now I can continue with my weird freebee random thing ;-)