Welcome to the March Freebie Challenge: "March Madness Mix-Up"

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Housefly from Content Paradise summer2010

Not a great start because the Fly was only free for a brief time, and I'm not sure about the others, but this is where I'm heading. Be back soon-ish.

Try here: http://fast3d.co.uk/fly/HouseFly.zip

Hope he helps in the future!

:-)

I HAVE that housefly, Music, but with all due respect to fast3d, do you recall how UGLY it is (even for a housefly)?

Gerald Day deserves credit and eternal thanks for being there first and filling everyone's runtime with hundreds of neat and useful items, but some of his models are NOT "ready for their close-ups".

Also, YES, that IS Joe Walsh. Life's been good to him.

Sure looks like him....Joe....not the housefly!

Here is one....my spin off on "The Fly" movie, only this version starred Jamminwolfie!...remember him? Wonder what he is up to these days.

...HHHEEEEELLLLPPPP MMMMEEEE!...

WolfieFlyDaz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 279K
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    music2u4u said:
    I stuck my finger in my Runtime Pie three times and came up with this:

Oktapussi's Bell of Doom by Traveler at RuntimeDNA
    Channing's Toast & Jam by tabbycat at ShareCG
    Housefly from Content Paradise summer2010

Not a great start because the Fly was only free for a brief time, and I'm not sure about the others, but this is where I'm heading. Be back soon-ish.

Try here: http://fast3d.co.uk/fly/HouseFly.zip

Hope he helps in the future!

Hey; no substitutions for pre-selected items. You draw it; you use it!
    ;-)

OOOPPPPSSSS...sorry about that!

edited March 2013

jeeperz said:
    Oh shit, I'm arguing about the rules, aren't I?

SMACK SMACK SMACK..... you have been pied Dorseyland, you already stated why, no arguing bout the rules

ooooooo...some of that chocolate cream splatted all the way over here through my monitor....yummy!....

ok...Dorsey, you've been pied! NANNY NANNY BOO BOO...you can't have no ice cream, cause you got pied...and you are on the welfare...and you have to eat your meat...or no pudding!...NANNY NANNY BOO BOO! (QUOTED DIRECTLY FROM PINK FLOYD'S THE WALL!)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,514
    edited December 1969

neeeed juuuust oneeee mooooreeeee
    Pull!

#2146 Nymph
    #2550 Sci-Fi Chambers MEGAPACK (Rendo)
    #604 The Privateer

(Who don't I get these great pulls when I'm playing the RRRR?)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

Hey Jeeperz, I think Totte needs a pie or two, he is too good at this, he is galloping away. :coolgrin: Shall we gang up on him, give him a good introduction to the freebie challenge :vampire:

pie_in_face.jpg
    400 x 389 - 22K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Ready ;-)

piedodge.jpg
    500 x 375 - 39K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

The link to one of your three random picks is dead. Chibi Miku is not avaliable. Don't know how this will affect it qualifying as an entry. Those three should work for it to be accepted, but the host will let you know.

robkelk posted a working link a few posts after.
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited March 2013

Hi all, sorry I got a bit distracted from 3D life...difficult trying to take care of a baby with GER and now teething, but I'm back at work so I can spend a bit of time being a slacker :-)

Question for how to randomly pick items. I tried the scrolling thing but I'm very OCD and my Runtime is super organized down into a hierarchy. For example, to find a random V4 texture, I have: Downloaded -> Figures -> Daz Figures -> V4 -> Characters -> Free Only -> Asian -> Nanami V4. Would it be uncool to print out the hierarchy, turn around, close my eyes, and then point at random points on the page? Unless someone else has an idea of how to export the Runtime hierarchy in some other way using software on the Mac...

Post edited by perlk on
    edited December 1969

perlk said:
    Hi all, sorry I got a bit distracted from 3D life...difficult trying to take care of a baby with GER and now teething, but I'm back at work so I can spend a bit of time being a slacker :-)

Question for how to randomly pick items. I tried the scrolling thing but I'm very OCD and my Runtime is super organized down into a hierarchy. For example, to find a random V4 texture, I have: Downloaded -> Figures -> Daz Figures -> V4 -> Characters -> Free Only -> Asian -> Nanami V4. Would it be uncool to print out the hierarchy, turn around, close my eyes, and then point at random points on the page? Unless someone else has an idea of how to export the Runtime hierarchy in some other way using software on the Mac...

if you use DIM (DAZ Install Manager) it can export a .csv file for you to open in Numbers (or excel), Otherwise I've been adding all my purchases to a numbers doc over the year when we're been running the RRRR (so I'm a little ahead of the herd when it comes to random).

II have no "utlimate solution", but you can use random.org, first roll 1-4 (figure, hair, prop, pose), then roll for the number of items in that list, roll for the number of different items (if different) in the one you got etc etc until you end up on an item.

Cheers, random is fun!
    / Totte

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    perlk said:

if you use DIM (DAZ Install Manager) it can export a .csv file for you to open in Numbers (or excel), Otherwise I've been adding all my purchases to a numbers doc over the year when we're been running the RRRR (so I'm a little ahead of the herd when it comes to random).

II have no "utlimate solution", but you can use random.org, first roll 1-4 (figure, hair, prop, pose), then roll for the number of items in that list, roll for the number of different items (if different) in the one you got etc etc until you end up on an item.

Cheers, random is fun!
    / Totte

Not sure I can use DIM since I user Poser, but random.org is a great idea!!! Thanks!

edited December 1969

These are mine...

M4 dress boots
    A4 Rosina
    Millenium Horse

Wow... interesting....

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hey Jeeperz, I think Totte needs a pie or two, he is too good at this, he is galloping away. :coolgrin: Shall we gang up on him, give him a good introduction to the freebie challenge :vampire:

I agree,
    Toote, you are officially cristened in the challenge..... SPLAT..........

edited December 1969

perlk said:

Good to see you back perlk

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:
    Oh shit, I'm arguing about the rules, aren't I?

SMACK SMACK SMACK..... you have been pied Dorseyland, you already stated why, no arguing bout the rules

ooooooo...some of that chocolate cream splatted all the way over here through my monitor....yummy!....

ok...Dorsey, you've been pied! NANNY NANNY BOO BOO...you can't have no ice cream, cause you got pied...and you are on the welfare...and you have to eat your meat...or no pudding!...NANNY NANNY BOO BOO! (QUOTED DIRECTLY FROM PINK FLOYD'S THE WALL!)

Thats right, those who whine about the rules will be pied around here, no exceptions

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    perlk said:

Good to see you back perlk

Good to be back! :-)

edited December 1969

......... **** SPLOSH **** (think fast)

edited December 1969

awwweeeee, you got me.... ahhhh.... it's good to be back

edited December 1969

Now let's see if there are any more that would like to play, I wont be here much longer today, off to do fun stuff and see the grandson do a puppet show at school

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oooh are the pupppets going to have to dodge pies as well :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

LOL, no, I will be leaving the pies behind in the forum so that when I get home Ill pick up where I left off....

edited December 1969

~leaves forum door ajar & piles pies on top so the next person entering get dumped on by pies. Pulls up a chair to watch~

edited December 1969

perlk said:
    These are mine...

M4 dress boots
    A4 Rosina
    Millenium Horse

Wow... interesting....

My entry... "Entrance to the Mad House" All entrants to the mad house must bring a striped pony and must only arrive in the moonlight.

Includes my items above - the first two are freebies. Here are the rest:

Free:
    SM Fantasy Maltese Tiger Horse
    Sickle Yield's Trench Coat for M4
    Elven Trench for M4 Supermorphing Trench Coat (by me)
    Valens Hair
    35 Color Options for Valens Hair
    Nicolas for M4
    Dynamic Evening Gown
    Kyoko Hair MK3
    Unicorn Whisperer Pose for V4
    Netherworks' Samedi
    Psycho House
    SkyDome

Paid:
    Curious Path, Millenium Horse

Rendered in Poser, no post-work.

madhouse.png
    1024 x 768 - 972K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

perlk said:

My entry... "Entrance to the Mad House" All entrants to the mad house must bring a striped pony and must only arrive in the moonlight.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=55969_JiOQjTeKyOSTTYoF4pn3&thumb=1&board_id=1

Hi Perl! :-) Spooky looking, maddening even. :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

perlk said:
    perlk said:
    These are mine...

M4 dress boots
    A4 Rosina
    Millenium Horse

Wow... interesting....

Includes my items above - the first two are freebies. Here are the rest:

Free:
    SM Fantasy Maltese Tiger Horse
    Sickle Yield's Trench Coat for M4
    Elven Trench for M4 Supermorphing Trench Coat (by me)
    Valens Hair
    35 Color Options for Valens Hair
    Nicolas for M4
    Dynamic Evening Gown
    Kyoko Hair MK3
    Unicorn Whisperer Pose for V4
    Netherworks' Samedi
    Psycho House
    SkyDome

Paid:
    Curious Path, Millenium Horse

Rendered in Poser, no post-work.
    Nice way to blend your 3 picks into a cohesive image. Since the male figure is facing away from the camera and all you can see are the hands; I'm not counting the Nicholas link. Your 3 picks are visible and you have enough freebies to qualify. Entry accepted.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Nice way to blend your 3 picks into a cohesive image. Since the male figure is facing away from the camera and all you can see are the hands; I'm not counting the Nicholas link. Your 3 picks are visible and you have enough freebies to qualify. Entry accepted.

OK, thanks!

edited December 1969

So everyone Please Please Please, don't ANYONE take offense to what I am about to post. I just thought it was soooo funny and fit a current situation that will go unnamed. ROFLMAO is what struck me
    I edited the original picture so as not to offend tender young eyes, Hope this was enough to make the TOS people happy, if not then look quick everyone before I get deleted again.

funny.jpg
    420 x 294 - 69K
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    So everyone Please Please Please, don't ANYONE take offense to what I am about to post. I just thought it was soooo funny and fit a current situation that will go unnamed. ROFLMAO is what struck me
    I edited the original picture so as not to offend tender young eyes, Hope this was enough to make the TOS people happy, if not then look quick everyone before I get deleted again.

Hahahaha!!!!

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Gallery's been updated. ;)

Alexa

ovbi.org/gallery/main.php

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Were there flying monkeys? There are always flying monkeys! They make such a mess, you know. ;-P

Dana

edited December 1969

yes and we left it for you to clean up after dana. Don't you just love those evil monkeys....