Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The wait is over 'Garibaldi Express' for DAZ Studio is available from the DAZ Store. Make sure you make the most of the introductory sale discount and purchase your copy today.

'Garibaldi Express' is the complete professional hair solution for Daz Studio. Designed from the ground up to offer powerful yet easy tools. Anyone can create breathtaking hair and fur renders quickly.

http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/garibaldi-express-hair-system-for-daz-studio/

Check out the previous Beta Testing forum for a wealth of extra information:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited February 2013

Thanks for answering my question in the beta thread!
    No complicated activation, just good old Daz My Serials page registration!
    Yay!

Edited to add: maybe you should tell Daz to add your vendor name to the page ... at the moment it reads:
    Shop more by:
    and then nothing.
    I hope you get the money nonetheless!!!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Moved my question to here. :)

---

What is the license details about number of computer per purchase and same ownership?

Sometimes I have to split render work across to a few other computers.. DAZ Studio doesn't support render farm -- what I usually do is have other computers to render different frames.

• futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What is the license details about number of computer per purchase and same ownership?

Sometimes I have to split render work across to a few other computers.. DAZ Studio doesn't support render farm -- what I usually do is have other computers to render different frames.

Well, that's an interesting one...

The license is associated with your personal use, it specifies that you may install the software on 'your' computer, the wording is loose so your computer could change (moving between multiple computers).
    But using it on multiple computers simultaneous, well that's not specifically covered by the EULA at the moment.

My view is that if it is only 'you' who are using the multiple computers it's fine by me, I will look at updating the EULA for future version to be more exact. But what your suggesting is not something I have a issue with.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,778
    edited December 1969

Awesome. I have just bought it, right after I have seen announcement in Daz 3D newsletter.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,778
    edited December 1969

Well, that's an interesting one...

The license is associated with your personal use, it specifies that you may install the software on 'your' computer, the wording is loose so your computer could change (moving between multiple computers).
    But using it on multiple computers simultaneous, well that's not specifically covered by the EULA at the moment.

My view is that if it is only 'you' who are using the multiple computers it's fine by me, I will look at updating the EULA for future version to be more exact. But what your suggesting is not something I have a issue with.

That is even better. I also use more than one computer with Daz Studio, but not at the same time.
    The possibility to use the one license of your product on multiple computers owned by the same person
    is very appreciated and I like you and Garibaldi Express even more.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Could anybody please post the link to the (optional) registration page. I did it not during the installation but I could not find the link again. (I tried this: http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/register.html but it doesn't work)

Thanks in advance.

edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Could anybody please post the link to the (optional) registration page. I did it not during the installation but I could not find the link again. (I tried this: http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/register.html but it doesn't work)

That address is correct. I hope to make web based registration available in the next few days (for people who didn't wish to register during the installation process). Don't worry you're not missing out at the moment by not registering your product.
    Remember registration of your product is completely optional.
    Thanks for purchasing Garibaldi Express...
    edited February 2013

Edited to delete, because I misunderstood the question.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

In case the vendor is following this discussion, the website has a downloads section with a demo hairstyle but the link doesn't work (404 error).

edited December 1969

Thank you :)

Oh - and a quick question while I'm here (it has probably been covered in the Beta thread but there are dozens of pages to trawl through): I can see examples of fur and of course, hair styles, but how is it with human body hair (chest, legs, etc.)?

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

One little Question :)

It is possible to render the Hair with Reality ?

I think its no Problem but before i buy the plugin...

edited December 1969

Jennyver said:
    One little Question :)

It is possible to render the Hair with Reality ?

I think its no Problem but before i buy the plugin...

Yes, I wondered that too since I've started using Reality almost exclusively these days. I bought GH anyway so I'll find out soon.

edited December 1969

Uhm ... you will have to use the export to obj to make it render in reality

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Could you explain a little further please?

• 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Just purchased this awesome plugin - I'm in love with it already :)

M5-G-hair1.jpg
    553 x 719 - 58K
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    In case the vendor is following this discussion, the website has a downloads section with a demo hairstyle but the link doesn't work (404 error).

Refresh the page, is fixed. Has been a very long day...
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    Kerya said:

This feature is not currently documented... Garibaldi Express is primary designed for use with the build in Daz Studio Renderer.
    A brief discution about this feature can be found around here on the old Beta forum topic.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/P1065/#246091

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Is the introduction sale really for only 2 days, please tell me its one of Daz's errors, I just bought the Aiko Pro bundle and there's no way I can afford this until next week at the earliest.

edited December 1969

marble said:
    Kerya said:

This feature is not currently documented... Garibaldi Express is primary designed for use with the build in Daz Studio Renderer.
    A brief discution about this feature can be found around here on the old Beta forum topic.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/P1065/#246091

Ahh - big pity. This is a show stopper for me I'm afraid. Apart from animations, I use Reality for all of my renders.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    (it has probably been covered in the Beta thread but there are dozens of pages to trawl through):
    You know reading through all those pages will help to understand this plug-in more as many have shared there findings. Personally I find more helpful than the tuts. But that is just me. :)
  • KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

On my wishlist..

Looks like i could do my dream hair with that plugin*g*

Is that usually render faster then fiber meshes ?

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

ok here goes. bought it up right way. Right now my system is less then able to use it i know from beta testing it. I know i will be using it at some point. big question is this:

Any plans on expanding into the poser program other then obj import? maybe even using your hair as a styling for poser hair? to add to that same question about Cararra? I am glad about the price and would be willing to also buy the system for Poser and Cararra also

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

bought it as soon as I saw the newsletter :)

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

the link on the store page www.garibaldiexpress.com/features is showing as a 404 page not found

edited December 1969

I was faster - I bought it before I got the newsletter. *grin*

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    the link on the store page www.garibaldiexpress.com/features is showing as a 404 page not found

As is the link to go to further info on the product page. Has been Flagged up

• chachahchachah Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

There are lots of errors on the product site. The link to download page is obsolate. I found this one which seems correct and gives direct access to the page where freebies can be downloaded (a single one for now but more to come): http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/downloads.html

• MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

I am so excited that this has now been released as I have been playing with it quite a lot during the public Beta and I found it such an easy plug-in to learn and use and the results are amazing.

Here is one of my recent renders with the last Beta... using the freebie hair style.

Off to install the release version now :D

Lethal.jpg
    1333 x 1999 - 231K
  • JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Is there a way we can share the settings for different models? I.e. Let's say I do a real nice Horse 'fur' and mane. Is there a mechanism to export the settings for other people who own this plug-in?

I'm all for not having to re-invent the wheel. :)

Regards,

Joel