Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Here's My attempt. How I would like to see the law.....10 hours to build and all done in DS3. :D

Very nice indeed!

CHEERS!

edited February 2013

MadisonXF said:
    Ok, here is a new render, only change was taking the UE Shading Rate from 8 to .2. This didn't really add much to the render time.

I think the character looks a bit sharper here.

There is definitely some difference. Something is still off though. Are you just using the UE by itself? Most sets, like ones by Lantios, have other lights that load with them. Perhaps try loading another light.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    There is definitely some difference. Something is still off though. Are you just using the UE by itself? Most sets, like ones by Lantios, have other lights that load with them. Perhaps try loading another light.

CHEERS!

What exactly is 'off?' I'm using Lantios Core Lights. It uses a UE and a Sun light. Is it the shadows? Do you think it is still dull?

Here is another attempt. I changed the shadows on the Sun light from Deep to Raytraced.

Thanks!

Portrait_Test_04.jpg
    550 x 400 - 132K
    edited December 1969

I'm running out of ideas! Paging Artini!!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I'm running out of ideas! Paging Artini!!

CHEERS!

Heh, well thanks for all the help so far. This thead has taught me a few things that will really help me out.

aaaaand in other news, what will you be working on next, Rogerbee?

edited December 1969

Probably Summer Glau when I get round to her. I'm currently reworking a 1/6 figure of Indiana Jones, and not on a computer!

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Very nice police render sum new from mePOV

file_492042.jpg
    800 x 426 - 85K
    edited December 1969

pov

file_492042.jpg
    800 x 426 - 207K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

So, I finally got my hands on the interjections package and... wow. To say it makes a difference would be really understating it. I really wish there were more SSS maps available for UV sets like M5 and K4, as well as the new Aiko, but I'll have to make do for the meantime. This is a simple render with very little postwork (just added the background). The results speak for themselves.

With results like this, it's hard to go back to Reality's lifeless skin tones. I'm definitely going to be grabbing Reality 3 for DS on release though, if only to compare the results.

Satsuki.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 607K
    edited December 1969

Agreed that does look good

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited December 1969

So, I finally got my hands on the interjections package and... wow. To say it makes a difference would be really understating it. I really wish there were more SSS maps available for UV sets like M5 and K4, as well as the new Aiko, but I'll have to make do for the meantime. This is a simple render with very little postwork (just added the background). The results speak for themselves.

With results like this, it's hard to go back to Reality's lifeless skin tones. I'm definitely going to be grabbing Reality 3 for DS on release though, if only to compare the results.

That looks really good. What lights are you used in the scene?
    By the way Interjection files for Michael 5 and Hitomi are in "Interjection Booster Shot One"
    http://www.daz3d.com/interjection-booster-shot-one
    edited December 1969

Looks great.

I just started using them, and ended up with some very different results, as you can see in the renders I just posted. Curious what the differences were between our render settings and lighting.

I also picked up the Booster pack. Didn't get to spend much time using it with M5, but that is next on my list of experiments.

edited December 1969

Hmm, they might actually be worth looking into. Got to get the full Garibaldi Hair next though, then I can use it when I get round to it and not feel guilty that I never beta tested it.

CHEERS!

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Not exactly a realistic render, but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway. A fair amount of postwork was used to bring out the details, as well as give texture to the overall image. The actual effect was done using multiple renders and applying each previous render as a texture to the picture to get the hall of mirror effect.

I think this render will inspire many others. As far as not being realistic...isn't that the name of this thread?

edited December 1969

Artini said:

That looks really good. What lights are you used in the scene?
    By the way Interjection files for Michael 5 and Hitomi are in "Interjection Booster Shot One"
    http://www.daz3d.com/interjection-booster-shot-one

My lighting rig was pretty simple: one UberEnvironment 2 light using my own IBL Tiff file set to 60% intensity (Occ w/ directional) and fairly high detail settings (128 Occ samples, Shading rate 1.0 ). There was also a single distant light at 60% intensity.

Render settings were raytrace depth of 4, shading rate 0.1, Shadow samples 10, pixel samples 4x4.

My original resolution was actually insanely high to test a theory based on a recent post about how big an image you could make. Final resolution for the original is a whopping 10,000 by 10,000 pixels. Render time 3 hours 26 minutes 2.51 seconds.

edited December 1969

The only thing shading rate of 1.0 does is add render times for nothing

edited February 2013

quietrob said:
    Not exactly a realistic render, but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway. A fair amount of postwork was used to bring out the details, as well as give texture to the overall image. The actual effect was done using multiple renders and applying each previous render as a texture to the picture to get the hall of mirror effect.

I think this render will inspire many others. As far as not being realistic...isn't that the name of this thread?

It was Wolfie that came up with the title, I just carried it on.

Does anyone know if the page limit for threads is still 100 pages!?

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    The only thing shading rate of 1.0 does is add render times for nothing

In this particular case it did clear up some minor blotches I was getting with test renders, so it wasn't a total waste.
    edited December 1969

My lighting rig was pretty simple: one UberEnvironment 2 light using my own IBL Tiff file set to 60% intensity (Occ w/ directional) and fairly high detail settings (128 Occ samples, Shading rate 1.0 ). There was also a single distant light at 60% intensity.

Render settings were raytrace depth of 4, shading rate 0.1, Shadow samples 10, pixel samples 4x4.

My original resolution was actually insanely high to test a theory based on a recent post about how big an image you could make. Final resolution for the original is a whopping 10,000 by 10,000 pixels. Render time 3 hours 26 minutes 2.51 seconds.

What do you think of the last render I posted? Also can be seen at: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16123/P15/

I was using V5 with the Bree skin, RT was only 1, shading rate .2 Lighting was from Core Lights 2. Do you think I can improve that render? Maybe it has something to do with the Bree skin or the resolution...not really sure.

Thanks.

edited February 2013

A few years back I ran several renders with shading rate at 2 and 1 the only thing I got was triple the render times. There was virtually no diff in the renders themselves.. Anyhoo mo stuff dangle 1

file_492109.jpg
    800 x 426 - 181K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Call these realistic dollies...dangle 2

file_492109.jpg
    800 x 426 - 144K
    edited December 1969
    file_492111.jpg
    800 x 426 - 187K
    edited December 1969
    file_492111.jpg
    800 x 426 - 100K
    edited December 1969
    file_492111.jpg
    800 x 426 - 95K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...OK time for a little dose of "Realistic Not" again.

A WIP attempt at a character I really love.

merida_test_2.jpg
    600 x 848 - 353K
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

What do you think of the last render I posted? Also can be seen at: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16123/P15/

I was using V5 with the Bree skin, RT was only 1, shading rate .2 Lighting was from Core Lights 2. Do you think I can improve that render? Maybe it has something to do with the Bree skin or the resolution...not really sure.

Thanks.
    Actually, it's not too bad. The one thing I would suggest is to adjust the specular strength so that she's not too shiny. One of the things to note about my render is that I'm using the Interjections package which includes subsurface scatter maps. The presets allow you to easily change the settings depending on preference. I can't emphasize enough how much of a difference it makes to the final image.

Bree is a great figure, as she comes with her own subsurface maps as well, which lends a lot of strength to her overall realism. You might need to tweak some of the settings manually in order to get the best results, but the defaults are pretty solid. I confess that I've used her SS textures on a range of figures.

Here's Ella using the Brea textures.

Spoiled_Princess.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 555K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK time for a little dose of "Realistic Not" again.

A WIP attempt at a character I really love.

Very nice!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

Thanks.

Actually, it's not too bad. The one thing I would suggest is to adjust the specular strength so that she's not too shiny. One of the things to note about my render is that I'm using the Interjections package which includes subsurface scatter maps. The presets allow you to easily change the settings depending on preference. I can't emphasize enough how much of a difference it makes to the final image.

Bree is a great figure, as she comes with her own subsurface maps as well, which lends a lot of strength to her overall realism. You might need to tweak some of the settings manually in order to get the best results, but the defaults are pretty solid. I confess that I've used her SS textures on a range of figures.

Here's Ella using the Brea textures.

Nice render,

I thought that last render of Madison's looked really grainy. I have used those backgrounds in the past and they render a lot sharper than that.

CHEERS!

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Here's a render I did of Justin with Jayden hair and Hiro's Night Suit Out. Pose is one of the standard Justin poses.

And it's NOT realistic. Rendered in Blender with the Ink & Watercolor Effects compositing nodes setup I saw at BlenderNPR.org.

justin.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 319K
    edited December 1969

Interesting,

Reminds me of a 70's cartoon.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.