The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

19495969798100»

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    My new comply came this a m while I was gone to breakfast. Waaahhh... Staying home all day tomorrow if necessary. My bro is making breakfast tomorrow so yay! :D
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2017
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

too hot for the planes to take off?   

what about ferris wheels in too hot weather, oxygen too thinned out to breath up there?

LOL,  how big do you think they are.   

a mile?   okay, so not a mile lol smiley

how tall is london ferris wheel?

The entire structure is 135 metres (443 ft) tall and the wheel has a diameter of 120 metres (394 ft). When erected in 1999 it was the world's tallest Ferris wheel.

do the pods have their own individual parachutes?   would luv a 3d model of this angel

For enough money you can have one: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/london-eye-wheel-3d-model/534151

Not as tall as the Washington Monument in Washington, DC (555 feet) , but small enough to roll through the big doors of the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy space center (465 feet).

Vehicle-Assembly-Building.jpg
    647 x 514 - 76K
    WashingtonMonument-DC.jpg
    300 x 300 - 85K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

I want to take a shower soon but I do not know why not now?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:
    My new comply came this a m while I was gone to breakfast. Waaahhh... Staying home all day tomorrow if necessary. My bro is making breakfast tomorrow so yay! :D

the scent of a new compy,  sort of silicone-y

congrats!

Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

what about ferris wheels in too hot weather, oxygen too thinned out to breath up there?

The entire structure is 135 metres (443 ft) tall and the wheel has a diameter of 120 metres (394 ft). When erected in 1999 it was the world's tallest Ferris wheel.

do the pods have their own individual parachutes?   would luv a 3d model of this angel

For enough money you can have one: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/london-eye-wheel-3d-model/534151

Not as tall as the Washington Monument in Washington, DC (555 feet) , but small enough to roll through the big doors of the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy space center (465 feet).

tall pointy thing?

Mistara said:
    Tjohn said:

the scent of a new compy,  sort of silicone-y

congrats!

TY :)
    edited June 2017
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

tall pointy thing?

Yep.  Back in the last century, I lived on 6th St. NW in Washington DC for many years just a few blocks up from the National Art Museum (West building)  so I knew the city pretty well.  While there I attended a corporate training session for something or other that attracted attendees from all over the country and was held across the Potomac River in Virginia just outside DC on the west where they have no such height restriction and have many very tall buildings.  The event was held in a big tall hotel with a magnificent view of downtown DC. i.e. the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Memorial, White House, the numerous Museums along the National Mall, the Capitol, etc.  One of the world's few million dollar views, a picture postcard view that every American should at least recognize.  During lunch in the restaurant at the top of this hotel looking out through the glass wall was this marvelous view of American pride.  (Remember that Washington, DC proper is a low city similar to parts of Paris.  By law, no building is permitted to be taller than the top of the dome of the Capitol Building, except for the Washington Monument which is twice as tall and sticks out like a sore thumb and is the most obvious thing visible for miles around the city). Were sitting there having lunch enjoying the view and talking about the various museums, etc. visible on The Mall.  Then, as if to burst my bubble, the guy from class sitting next to me, a 30s something, obviously intelligent, technicallly minded native of this country (somewhere in the mid-west I think) asks me "what's that tall pointy skyscraper thing all by itself in the grass?"  surprise  Blew my mind!  How could he not know?  I mean there are no windows in it, it's just a nearly solid stone spear and a picture of it has been in every grade school and high school Civics or History book in the country for a hundred and thirty five years. and it looks just like it's picture.  frown crying

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument

And the London Eye could not only be wheeled into the door of the Vehicle Assembly building, but if there were not a few catwalks in the way, you could roll the entire London Eye wheel through the door into the building and close the doors to keep it hidden. devil  (Sounds like a plot to a "Despicable Me" movie. surprise)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Assembly_Building

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited June 2017
    ...shhhhhh...don't give Hollywood any unsolicited ideas.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    ...conga rats on the new 'puter TJ. Hope it serves you well.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

tall pointy thing?

Yep.  Back in the last century, I lived on 6th St. NW in Washington DC for many years just a few blocks up from the National Art Museum (West building)  so I knew the city pretty well.  While there I attended a corporate training session for something or other that attracted attendees from all over the country and was held across the Potomac River in Virginia just outside DC on the west where they have no such height restriction and have many very tall buildings.  The event was held in a big tall hotel with a magnificent view of downtown DC. i.e. the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Memorial, White House, the numerous Museums along the National Mall, the Capitol, etc.  One of the world's few million dollar views, a picture postcard view that every American should at least recognize.  During lunch in the restaurant at the top of this hotel looking out through the glass wall was this marvelous view of American pride.  (Remember that Washington, DC proper is a low city similar to parts of Paris.  By law, no building is permitted to be taller than the top of the dome of the Capitol Building, except for the Washington Monument which is twice as tall and sticks out like a sore thumb and is the most obvious thing visible for miles around the city). Were sitting there having lunch enjoying the view and talking about the various museums, etc. visible on The Mall.  Then, as if to burst my bubble, the guy from class sitting next to me, a 30s something, obviously intelligent, technicallly minded native of this country (somewhere in the mid-west I think) asks me "what's that tall pointy skyscraper thing all by itself in the grass?"  surprise  Blew my mind!  How could he not know?  I mean there are no windows in it, it's just a nearly solid stone spear and a picture of it has been in every grade school and high school Civics or History book in the country for a hundred and thirty five years. and it looks just like it's picture.  frown crying

And the London Eye could not only be wheeled into the door of the Vehicle Assembly building, but if there were not a few catwalks in the way, you could roll the entire London Eye wheel through the door into the building and close the doors to keep it hidden. devil  (Sounds like a plot to a "Despicable Me" movie. surprise)

kyoto kid said:

Or the guy that sold your gullible Government London Bridge.  

edited June 2017

...well had a good day (except for a some trouble with transit, but that seems ot be the norm).  Wen to the PO box to get the mail, then off to get anew pair of shoes as the old ones are wearing out.  Found a nice pair of soft leather slip ons on sale for 30$.  Feet feel so much better now,.  Then headed to the old 'hood (as I was nearby) and stopped at the little park I used to frequent to watch teh flutterbys there after which I ambled down to the German pub I used to frequent for a couple fine crafted Pilsners. Interesting that I was paying about as much for a full .5 L of fine German import Bier than a "cheater" pint ( 13 oz) of many locally made  "craft beers". 

Also enjoyed a beautiful summer day before the heat gets turned up tomorrow.

Well early congrats to whoever wins the thread  02:22 here (hmm that number reminds me of an old television series) so probably won't be awake and back online until after it gets flipped.

..."The Why Does Locally Brewed Beer Cost More Than Fine German Imports Complaint Thread?"
    ..."The Why Is It The Bus I Am Waiting For Is Always The One That's Late Complaint Thread?"
    ..."The Why  Do I Always Feel I'm Cursed When I Am In The Checkout Line Complaint Thread?"
    ..."The It's Too Durn Hot To Render Complaint Thread."
    ..."The I Hate Being 3 hours behind everyone Else Complaint Thread."

edited June 2017
    kyoto kid said:
    ...conga rats on the new 'puter TJ. Hope it serves you well.

TY. About London Bridge: it was actually a good purchase as it was falling down falling down falling down anyway my fair Chohole.
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited June 2017
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

tall pointy thing?

kyoto kid said:

Don't laugh, we saved a bit of your history for you and made it useful again, saved money and made it a draw for the city of Lake Havasu.  The only thing missing now is that we don't have any pikes on it on which to display the severed heads of the deserving. devil (I've got a little list.  And they'd none of 'em be missed!)

(Pssst... and if you're interested, I know a guy who, knows a guy who has a friend that has a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. )

London_BridgeInLakeHavasu.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 397K

I went to check on my amazon order.  The repersentive of Amazon increased my shipping to one day and also the shipping cost.  I did not want to pay one day shipping on one item.  I started another chat and they fixed that issue.  I did not even ask for the shipping to be increased as it was not part of my budget.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited June 2017

Complaint: My birthday is tomorrow and I will be getting Amazon gift cards to get a new GTX 1070 video card; but greedy resellers have driven the price way up. So, now I will have a lot of gift cards and won't be able to get the video card afterall.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

tall pointy thing?

kyoto kid said:

I believe the gullible party was the city of Lake Havasu, AZ. 

In 1967, the Common Council of the City of London began to look for potential buyers for the London Bridge. Lake Havasu City founder and entrepreneur Robert P. McCulloch placed the winning bid of $2,460,000 on April 18, 1968.

McCulloch came by this figure by doubling the estimated cost of dismantling the structure, which was $1.2 million, bringing the price to $2.4 million. He then added on $60,000 – a thousand dollars for each year of his age at the time he estimated the bridge would be reconstructed in Arizona.

So, not a government, but an egotistical rich American (it seems we have no shortage of those).

edited June 2017

The egotistically rich have no claim of exclusivity on America.   Buying a bridge isn't such a bad hobby if you can afford it.  It's the ones with world domination on their mind that I worry about.

omg, remind me i only have 5 years to stick it out?

micromanagement has reached an all time high.  
    over labeling the parts drawers, without even looking at how i've labeled them.
    and now i'm just sitting here looking overpaid. cuz i was told to stop 'the inventory'.
    micromanager emails me, cc the lead tech at his old email address, and doesn't include the 1 tech helping with the okidata parts, cuz i don't know which ones belong to the oki590.
    foxtrot 
    he wants to do it alllll himself, or wait for the 1 tech who sits on his bum all day doing zip. all talk and no follow through.

winj - not seeing anything in the store i want to spend money on, is it armageddon or something?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

They blow it up every new years - it's quite fun!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes,  but not so much fun for the poor people who have to clear up on 1st January

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

That's true of anywhere large crowds gather.

As number of pages in thread approaches 101 the slower the thread goes but once it reaches page 101 the mods are trying to be quick to start a new thread.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

The That New Thread Smell Complaint Thread

Dana

edited June 2017

Wheee!  Looks like a headress from some impossibly large participant of a Brazilian street festival. surprise

When I was a kid (in the mid '50s) I remember my parents talking about the Ferris Wheel at Celoron Amusement Park on Chautauqua Lake (only 10 miles away) and I think they even said that I had been on it when I was too young to remember.  Could be, 'cause I don't. indecision  The 125 foot Celoron "Phoenix" wheel was torn down in 1951 and I would have been only three.   But I always wanted to go on a "big" Ferris wheel but it was not until just two years ago that I actually did get to ride one.  I made sure on my last trip to Florida that I found the 400 foot  "Orlando Eye" and took a ride.  Meh..., interesting indecision but would have been much more fun after smoking a joint. devil

Technically though the London Eye is majorly different because it is a cantilevered wheel supported on only one side of the wheel whereas both Celoron's Phoenix wheel and the Orlando Eye are more closely in line with the design by Mr. Ferris, in being supported on both sides of the wheel.

I think the reason I was so disappointed with the Orlando Eye was that there was nothing to see once you got up there. sad Just shopping centers, Interstate 4, the huge parking lot and featureless flat one story buildings of a major electronics company, and miles and miles of flat Florida suburbs.  However, waaaay off in the distance you could see the skyline of Orlando or the tip of Cinderella's castle if you tried really hard.  It would have been much better if it had been built in or near one of the major amusement parks like Disney World or Universal Studios or Seaworld.  I had a better view once while on approach to the Orlando airport at night just at the time Disney was having it's fireworks. yes

PhoenixWheel-CeloronNY.jpg
    600 x 385 - 64K
    OrlandoEye.png
    570 x 569 - 671K

i am home now.  I am so tired but so much to do I think.  Well I need to clear off the bed for starters

edited June 2017
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

tall pointy thing?

kyoto kid said:

Don't laugh, we saved a bit of your history for you and made it useful again, saved money and made it a draw for the city of Lake Havasu.  The only thing missing now is that we don't have any pikes on it on which to display the severed heads of the deserving. devil (I've got a little list.  And they'd none of 'em be missed!)

(Pssst... and if you're interested, I know a guy who, knows a guy who has a friend that has a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. )

...I've been looking to sell a about a dozen bridges we have here in Portland OR to the gullible with a special discount if you buy the whole bundle, but no takers yet.  Some are real antiques that are even on the historical register and one is a double deck vertical lift bridge where the lower deck can be lifted independently of the upper one, the only one of it's kind in the world (see below).

Ooooh...

...hot HOT HOT HOT

94° now, 98° tomorrow and 100° on Sunday

"...The Why Won't Anyone Buy My Bridges Complaint Thread?"

Hmmm Netflix?  Netflix? Netflix!

New Compy up and running. Peoblems with DS tho, what else is new, right?

edited June 2017

The "It itches and I can't scratch it.  Complaint thread"

New thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/179056/

Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.