Hex Gallery

Comments

• For those picures I used LuxRender, via Reality for Daz Studio. But I am leaning more towards Daz Studio's Iray more now-a-days.  

• For those picures I used LuxRender, via Reality for Daz Studio. But I am leaning more towards Daz Studio's Iray more now-a-days.  

Daz Studio Iray is located with in the program (DAZ)?

Grazie

Sorry for my bad Englisch....

• Yes, it is quite good. As you know, I'm no techy. There are two option, you can view the scene in Iray live, so as you move around the scene it shows it in Iray view (you need a fairly powerful computer for this) and render it when you're done. Or you can set your scene as normal and do small test renders then when your happy do a final full render (large screen size) - I do the latter :)

• Yes, it is quite good. As you know, I'm no techy. There are two option, you can view the scene in Iray live, so as you move around the scene it shows it in Iray view (you need a fairly powerful computer for this) and render it when you're done. Or you can set your scene as normal and do small test renders then when your happy do a final full render (large screen size) - I do the latter :)

Thanks for the info and help.
    I would try.....

Bye

• Just remember Snow Sultan mentions Iray View in his latest tutorial (around the 2 min mark) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJfIlk-4Yo

The tutorial is about "Section planes" but it will show you better than I can explain things :)

• Just remember Snow Sultan mentions Iray View in his latest tutorial (around the 2 min mark) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJfIlk-4Yo

The tutorial is about "Section planes" but it will show you better than I can explain things :)

Grazie "WDJ".

Interessante

Bye

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    Dont know if anyone has seen the new Startrek: Beyond movie but it has some awesome examples of over the top modeling and and what has to be some incredible compositing work. Ive been modeling and rendering i just havent posted in a while
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited February 2017

Made a chair today, but that's boring so put my artist's hat on - failed - I'm no artist, that's why I turned to modelling :) 

sleeping beauty.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 478K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • PROTOTYPE VEHICLE MARS EXPLORER

smiley

Bye

MARS_EXPLORER.png
    800 x 600 - 279K
  • smiley

Adagio......tendente al Lento.

drone_quattro_ruote.png
    800 x 600 - 293K
  • Nice one M-M

• Nice one M-M

smiley

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Hi guys:)

I've not been around for a while and come back to see you all producing really outstanding work - really envious:)

• Welcome back Roygee, I hope you've been well.

Thanks, John - I've been great - just had to downgrade to a puny i3 laptop, which isn't a lot of use for CG.

Could possibly knock up some simple models - if I can remember how!

Cheers 

• m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 386

Ciao. Roygee

smiley

Ciao mmsmiley

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

As promised, here's some test renders of the Van project. Still having some minor rigging issues, but I've got the texturing pretty much complete except for fine tuning. Y'all are getting a sneak peek preview.

Lex

Van Test 1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 712K
    Van Test 2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 716K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

slick yes

• Lexbaird, brilliant piece of modelling. Love the texture work, still reminds me of the Scooby Doo wagon - how long ago was that, please don't tell me :)

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited May 2017

I'll give you a hint... the model is loosly based on a 1966 Chevy.

Model is up at ShareCG.com

Post edited by lexbaird on
  • ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited June 2017

Modeled in Hexagon 1.21. Rendered in Vue/Modo.

ahl_near_world_1_SLR_sig.png
    1280 x 720 - 813K
    Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • Nice one Shawn. 

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    Nice works everyone, neen awhile for me posting here just a lot work in my shop lately. The only thing ive really done is re assign shading domaims to old ani8 models lol
  • Just finished a Free Trader model.

free_trader_near_world_1_sig.jpg
    1280 x 444 - 215K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Just finished these two and getting tested.

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 833

Great work, as always.  Very impressive.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Finished a new one yesterday

• Just spotted this in the store, excellent promos, I really like the textures you've created.

• GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229

I use Hex to model, depending what I'm doing I'll texture in PSPx4 or Blacksmith3D paint. Then load into Daz Studio and render with LuxRender. It may-be a time consuming but I quite like the results.

Love the pic! Like you, I like to use hexagon, PSP7, yes the old version, and load into DAZ. I bought luxRender about 4 years ago and couldnt make anything look worth a hoot and gave up. Here recently, I wiped my system after spending time reinstalling Daz to get a handle on the Daz Connect, DIM, and manual install. After getting all my apps installed, I remembered having bought LuxRender and reinstalled it. Fired it up wow! Amazing details!