Carrara 8 and Carrara 8.5, Where are the Serial Numbers Located? Read on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI belovedalia

Welcome :)

Carrara 8 "Standard" is only available as a 32-Bit application.
    The Pro version is available in both 32 and 64-Bit versions.

The 8.5 Beta is supplied as both 32 and 64 bit versions to allow users to evaluate all the features of the full program.

Hope it helps :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

oh... but the beta will eventually be discontinued right? and the beta is for the pro version?

bummer.... wish i knew that way back when i bought carrara 8 standard. Another bad buy. Sigh. I really need to read the details better.

edited December 1969

The beta has all the Pro feature unlocked,. so that you can test how it functions

The way carrara works is that All the features are there,. and your serial number makes it either Standard, or Pro.

When Carrara 8.5 is finally ready, and released,. it will be a new version for both the Standard and the Pro which will replace C8.

Daz Bfurner had just posted a new serial number for the current 8.5 beta which extends it's use. (that's Both 32 and 64bit)

At this point,. I've no idea whether Daz3D will make the same distinction between 8.5 Pro and Standard, for 64 and 32bit respectively. but It's pretty likely to be the same as it is right now,. EG: standard is 32bit only, and Pro is 64bit (or both 32 and 64)

Right now only the Pro version is supplied as both 32 and 64 bit.
    The Standard version only comes as 32 bit. and has less tools / features.

You could contact Daz3D sales, and move up to the pro version, to get 64-bit.
    or just stick with the current beta, (64bit or 32bit) until the beta testing is completed, and we get the new 8.5 version in the store.

Hope that makes sense :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

well thing is, I don't want to start learning the program on the pro version when I only own the standard, and then go back to standard when the beta ends...
    and really disappointed to learn the standard is only 32 bit... so guess i really screwed myself over not reading the fine print.
    Unfortunately no idea how much it'd cost to upgrade from standard to pro since there's nothing in the store for it.

edited October 2012

Once you've put in the serial number for Standard,. then you'll be running the standard version.
    all the pro features will be hidden at that point,.

I think it's only if you're running the demo, or in trial mode that you'd get the sudden disappearance of the pro features,. but I could be wrong.

the Missing upgrade options from 8 standard to pro, is one that's resulted in several threads here, and it seems to be an issue with the new store,.

the temporary solution is to contact Daz3D sales department,. and they can sort it out for you.

:)

Edited to add :

Daz have a 30 day return policy, which is the same amount of time that the pro features would normally last in the Demo / Trial,.
    so if you buy within that time, then realise you need those Pro features, ...you can "Normally" upgrade for the difference.

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • Rickenbacker_325Rickenbacker_325 Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I urgently need the new serial for 8.5/64 - where can I find it (the old one has already expired ... again)? BTW: This serial war sucks!

OK, got it. Nevertheless it still sucks ...

Post edited by Rickenbacker_325 on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I urgently need the new serial for 8.5/64 - where can I find it (the old one has already expired ... again)? BTW: This serial war sucks!

OK, got it. Nevertheless it still sucks ...

What sucks is not having an update in 6-7 months while the serial keeps running out.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm waiting for the magic to begin and checking every day to see if there is any progress.

edited December 1969

HI Rickenbacker

the serial in always posted and Updated in the first page of the main beta release thread,..

CDZCPRO-085-0000018-ZWM-001-EBTOMDO (Expires 12/1/2012)

in case you're unaware,. the beta is for testing, and NOT recommended for any Production work, for example,.. where you have deadlines to meet for a client

Hope it helps :)

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Actually the current serial to January 12th is

CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV ;-)

• edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    Actually the current serial to January 12th is

CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV ;-)

THis number does not work for me? Whats up?

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Maybe it is something as simple as typing it in rather than cut and paste? I had this happen to me a while back . Or maybe typing letter o's instead of zeros.
    This number works for me.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Definitely the number supplied by Daz - see sticky post " bete 172 now avaialable "
    To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV (Expires 12 January 2013)

My experience is that you cannot copy and paste the serial but be careful to type in exactly as above.

try again ?

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

What has always worked for me is to copy from the forum announcement, paste into a .txt file (notepad), copy from there and Ctrl+ v into the licence block:)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    Definitely the number supplied by Daz - see sticky post " bete 172 now avaialable "
    To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV (Expires 12 January 2013)

My experience is that you cannot copy and paste the serial but be careful to type in exactly as above.

try again ?

Right. Copy/Paste DOES work... you just have to use "Ctrl+v" in the Carrara popup in order to paste.
    Select the entire old code, and Ctrl v (paste) in the new.
    Hope that helps ;)
  • The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:

try again ?

You can copy and paste it. You just can't paste it with a right-click. You have to Control-V to paste it.

It worked fine for me.

• edited December 1969

Confirmed that the "sudo" method works to make 7.2 pro registerable on an OS 10.8 system. Still runs poorly, of course, but that's just Carrara.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

nomuse said:
    Confirmed that the "sudo" method works to make 7.2 pro registerable on an OS 10.8 system. Still runs poorly, of course, but that's just Carrara.

No, that's just Carrara 7.2 running poorly on an unsupported OS X version. You're lucky it will even load. I've had Carrara 5 and 7.2 and never had any major issues with them on my Mac.

• edited December 1969

Heh. I haven't had it run without issue on any Mac, not yet. But most of the time, I get told "You fool; your operating system is too old to be running that!" Is refreshing to finally have an OS that is too NEW.

That said, I have less fatal crashes with Carrara than I have with any other 3d application. Right now the most annoying thing in Lion is not being able to use a font large enough to actually read.

• Robo2010Robo2010 Posts: 56
    edited February 2013

Reinstalled windows, and reinstalled C8 upgrade, my purchased version. Downloaded software C8 upgrade (Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64). Typed in complicated serial code and I get error many times.."Invalid...." Got my son to type it in, and still problems. I dunno. SO TICKED OFF. My suggestion to everyone is not buy from DAZ anymore. This C8 beta been going on for years now, and no final. And when it is final, it is still buggy. That goes for all DAZ products. I am so pissed right now, have to do this, do that, then that, that I am writng negatives.

Post edited by Robo2010 on
    edited December 1969

Robo2010 said:
    Reinstalled windows, and reinstalled C8 upgrade, my purchased version. Downloaded software C8 upgrade (Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64). Typed in complicated serial code and I get error many times.."Invalid...." Got my son to type it in, and still problems. I dunno. SO TICKED OFF. My suggestion to everyone is not buy from DAZ anymore. This C8 beta been going on for years now, and no final. And when it is final, it is still buggy. That goes for all DAZ products. I am so pissed right now, have to do this, do that, then that, that I am writng negatives.
    Okay... just so you are aware, Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64 is not the purchased version. It's the beta. The first page of the Beta threa has the limited time serial number: CDZCPRO-085-0000375-YHY-001-EBTPAAF

Don't type it in. Copy all of the code and use "Ctrl C" to copy. Then when asked, use "Ctrl V" to paste.
    I'm not supposed to paste that code in here, but you're having a hard day, I wanted to help. Once you get it, we can erase that from here...

If, however, you are installing Carrara_8.1 something, the serial code for that is in your "My Account" page at Daz3d.com
    Go to My Serial Codes, I think it's called. Again, Don't type it in. Copy all of the code and use "Ctrl C" to copy. Then when asked, use "Ctrl V" to paste.

Hope that helps.
    BTW, the above code works for anything that's Carrara_8.5.anything

edited February 2013

Robo2010 said:
    Okay... just so you are aware, Carrara_8.5.0.172_Win64 is not the purchased version. It's the beta. The first page of the Beta threa has the limited time serial number: CDZCPRO-085-0000375-YHY-001-EBTPAAF

Don't type it in. Copy all of the code and use "Ctrl C" to copy. Then when asked, use "Ctrl V" to paste.
    I'm not supposed to paste that code in here, but you're having a hard day, I wanted to help. Once you get it, we can erase that from here...

If, however, you are installing Carrara_8.1 something, the serial code for that is in your "My Account" page at Daz3d.com
    Go to My Serial Codes, I think it's called. Again, Don't type it in. Copy all of the code and use "Ctrl C" to copy. Then when asked, use "Ctrl V" to paste.

Hope that helps.
    BTW, the above code works for anything that's Carrara_8.5.anything

And let me quess. Their will be a date (soon), that this version will not be working anymore. Why mix up both C8s (available to all (which I do not mind as well) with purchased version) on downloads.

Post edited by Robo2010 on
    edited December 1969

Robo2010 said:

And let me quess. Their will be a date (soon), that this version will not be working anymore. Why mix up both C8s (available to all (which I do not mind as well) with purchased version) on downloads.

Sorry man, trying to help you out. Right Here is the Thread that explains the beta. If you go back to your downloads page, the file you want to download is called "Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc" or "Carrara 8 Application PC 32 - exe - pc"
    That is the 'purchased' product with a permanent serial code - which you'll have to get from your own account.

It's really confusing trying to figure out which version to download.
    The only way I was able to get the one you mentioned is by resetting the "beta" download.
    Weird.
    I'm here to help though...

edited December 1969

the file you want to download is called "Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc" or "Carrara 8 Application PC 32 - exe - pc"
    That is the 'purchased' product with a permanent serial code - which you'll have to get from your own account.

Thanks. That is the one I wanted. My purchased version. Thanks, for clearing that one up. :-)

edited December 1969

Robo2010 said:
    the file you want to download is called "Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc" or "Carrara 8 Application PC 32 - exe - pc"

Thanks. That is the one I wanted. My purchased version. Thanks, for clearing that one up. :-)Any time. :coolhmm:

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

hmmm I have Carrara 8 pro installed (and registered with legit serial number) but I don't see it in my downloads to reset to get the 8.5 Beta..

of course if I go to my account now, it says I have no downloadable products, use the DAZ Install Mangager to get your stuff.... this thing's acryonym of DIM is quite apropriate.. 200+ items available for download.. um.. I already have these thanks.

edited December 1969

Go to Itemized history in your account

edited December 1969

More specifically, Install Manager doesn't yet include software, or Specific items for Carrara, Bryce or Hexagon. So these things currently have to be manually "Reset" as before.
    Go to your "My Account" and select "Itemized History" from the left panel of links. Scroll through - in this situation, you're looking for whatever you paid for to get Carrara 8. In my case, as an example, I look for my Carrara 8 Pro product from the Carrara 7 Pro Upgrade. This may only show after the reset in your downloads page - don't remember. But currently resetting the official C8 sale will get you beta build 132, or if you have "Purchased for Free" the C8.5 Pro beta, resetting that will get you build 172.

That should help more, eh? :coolhmm:

Please let me know if you need any more help.
    Dartanbeck

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

nope not seeing it, I see Cararra 6 pro from '09 but not 8 pro

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    nope not seeing it, I see Cararra 6 pro from '09 but not 8 pro
    Resetting C6 might do it? Give it a shot. For a while there, they made Carrara 8.5 beta a free product in the store. They did that for just these reasons - making it easier for us to reset the beta alone. Glad I "bought" it.