Carrara 8 and Carrara 8.5, Where are the Serial Numbers Located? Read on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    nope not seeing it, I see Cararra 6 pro from '09 but not 8 pro
    Resetting C6 might do it? Give it a shot. For a while there, they made Carrara 8.5 beta a free product in the store. They did that for just these reasons - making it easier for us to reset the beta alone. Glad I "bought" it.

And if you didn't buy the free Carrara 8 Pro beta but you have version 132 but not 172 and nothing you can do will make it show up in your account and then Daz tech help says sorry, our website is fouled up what next? Anyone know how i can get the 172 version of the beta?

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Post edited by FractalDimensia on
  • edited December 1969

I lost a hard drive with my Carrara 8 Pro installed on it. I just downloaded and installed it, entered my serial number from my account and it won't accept it. I paid for and had Carrara Pro 8 upgrade from Carrara 7 Pro installed. Do I have to download and install Carrara 7 Pro to make the serial number work? Also the version that just installed says Carrara 8 not Carrara 8 Pro on the start up screen what is up with that? Any one able to help?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Make sure you have no extra leading or trailing spaces, and that you're using the correct serial number. You shouldn't need to install C7 first. It will say C8 rather than C8 Pro until it has the Pro serial number.

• edited December 1969

Make sure you have no extra leading or trailing spaces, and that you're using the correct serial number. You shouldn't need to install C7 first. It will say C8 rather than C8 Pro until it has the Pro serial number.

Thank you for the quick response.

I have a new problem now....I installed it and when it wouldn't accept my serial number I hit trial.....now when I start it I have no option to enter the serial number.
    But to your comment....I left no spaces....Copied and pasted from the web site. I have since downloaded 7 Pro....it took my serial number no problem. I subsequently uninstalled and reinstalled but now it comes up as a trial version with no option to try and add the number.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you for your time.

• edited December 1969

If you click on the Carrara icon to the left of file in the file menu you should see two sub titles about Carrara and register Carrara can you paste the serial number there ?? make sure no extra spaces or characters just the serial number

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi :)

If you're in Trial mode,. Open carrara,. Go to the top left corner of the screen and click on the little Daz3D triangle Logo... from the menu,. select "Register Carrara",. then put your serial number into the box.

As standard,. Carrara is supplied as a Single program, which can run as a Trial,. or as Standard,. or Pro,. depending on the serial number.

TIP: If you're copying the serial number from a web page,. create a simple text document, and paste that serial number there first, then select and copy (Ctrl+C) and then open carrara,. and Ctrl=V to paste the serial number.

Hope it helps :)

• edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi :)

If you're in Trial mode,. Open carrara,. Go to the top left corner of the screen and click on the little Daz3D triangle Logo... from the menu,. select "Register Carrara",. then put your serial number into the box.

As standard,. Carrara is supplied as a Single program, which can run as a Trial,. or as Standard,. or Pro,. depending on the serial number.

TIP: If you're copying the serial number from a web page,. create a simple text document, and paste that serial number there first, then select and copy (Ctrl+C) and then open carrara,. and Ctrl=V to paste the serial number.

Hope it helps :)

Thank you 3DAGE, mullhull, fixmypcmike for your quick support. You and this entire community are awesome. Thanks 3DAGE it worked like a charm. I have been playing with Carrara since I downloaded a free Carrara 5 promo years ago and I did not know that icon had a function. Stupid me....I guess I should RTM. :-) But hey with I never could learn that way. Every cloud........maybe this post will keep others
    from freaking out when they have trouble with there shiny new Carrara.

Thanks again,
    P. Monk

• mail_89c0025deemail_89c0025dee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

so my carrara beta has run out today and now i can't open the trial even. What is the procedure for a mac i have jobs on to finish and am stuck this trial has been going for a year??. I is dissapointing that i can't get going please help do i need to reinstall ?? download a new beta?? what????

• paulbrakepaulbrake Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

Followed the instructions in my account, " To register the Carrara 8.5 BETA you will need to use the serial code listed here: ABCDPRO-***-*******-ABC-***-ABCDEFG (Expires 18 July 2013)"; however, the serial provided does not work - Please advise.

**** UPDATE **** - Got it to work by using 'CTRL +V' instead of 'left mouse click' and selecting "paste". Both methods paste the serial but only the "CTRL +V" one works.

Post edited by paulbrake on
    edited December 1969

Have you tried manually typing the serial number into the box ?

also,. if you're copying and pasting from any web page,.
    Paste the serial number into a simple text document,. then selec the serial and paste it into carrara,.
    this makes it easier to select the serial number (without any additional spaces)

hope it helps

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

so my carrara beta has run out today and now i can't open the trial even. What is the procedure for a mac i have jobs on to finish and am stuck this trial has been going for a year??. I is dissapointing that i can't get going please help do i need to reinstall ?? download a new beta?? what????

Hopefully you got it to work.

Not to sound like an old curmudgeon, but a beta is just that. A beta. It's meant as a way to evaluate new features and find and report bugs. It should never, under any circumstances, be relied upon for mission critical projects, especially if those projects are a part of your lively hood.

edited December 1969

HI uilenspiegel

so my carrara beta has run out today and now I can’t open the trial even. What is the procedure for a mac i have jobs on to finish and am stuck this trial has been going for a year??. I is dissapointing that i can’t get going please help do i need to reinstall ?? download a new beta?? what????

each beta version has a unique serial number which will expire, and will be replaced by the next version, and it's serial number.
    When a new version is released, the new serial number is also posted.

To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here:
    CDZCPRO-085-0016578-NZJ-001-EBTPYSN
    (Expires 18 July 2013)

hope it helps

I'd also agree that the beta is for "Testing" and "bug reporting",.. not for final production work.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

3DAGE, will there be another serial number for Beta...meaning is it still under development? Or will the $285.00 version now on sale be "it" after the 18th?
    Cheers, SIleneUK

edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    3DAGE, will there be another serial number for Beta...meaning is it still under development? Or will the $285.00 version now on sale be "it" after the 18th?
    Cheers, SIleneUK

Andy doesn't work for DAZ. He's an extremely helpful and knowledgeable member of this community, but even he would tell you he doesn't know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    Cheers, SIleneUK

The serial number is updated, usually a day or so before the old one expires.

DAZ 3D has already stated that the full release version of 8.5 will be released in late Summer, with Carrara 9 to follow next year sometime.

edited December 1969

Ah, thanks Chohole...that's what I was wondering. I lose track of what I read where in the postings sometimes EP!

Cheers, SileneUK

edited December 1969

HI Silene :)

There's usually a promotion when any new software versions are released,. and sometimes there are discounts of additional products for that software.

As for the price,. nobody knows right now,. but, we were told (some time ago) that it would be a "small fee" for the upgrade from 8 to 8.5
    which is pretty vague,. ..but,. it should be less than the current sales price :)

right now I'm saving pennies in a jar,,.. I almost have a pound. :)

Hope it helps

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI Silene :)

There's usually a promotion when any new software versions are released,. and sometimes there are discounts of additional products for that software.

As for the price,. nobody knows right now,. but, we were told (some time ago) that it would be a "small fee" for the upgrade from 8 to 8.5
    which is pretty vague,. ..but,. it should be less than the current sales price :)

right now I'm saving pennies in a jar,,.. I almost have a pound. :)

Hope it helps

Glad we escape VAT because the exchange rate sucks going £ to $ right now!

:) SileneUK

• JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Look what I just noticed!

To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0351356-HHJ-001-EBUJACL Expires 18 August 2013

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm still hot to find info on C9. If DAZ is expecting to release it only a few months{possibly a year} after C8.5, they have to already know what is going in it. So just what is going in to C9 to make it a full point release?

It better be something big because this ride has gotten too slow, too erratic, and too costly for me.

• edited December 1969

I hope DAZ hurries up before US Dollar isn't worth toilette paper.. SO I am gunna have to send you some gold or maybe some long term storable food or maybe hard to find Ammunition..

How many YEN will it be?

• Rickenbacker_325Rickenbacker_325 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've bought Carrara 8.5 beta but didn't use it nearly one year. Now the tmp-serial is expired, where do it get a new one? And where do it get the final version? Must I buy it?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

NO new beta serial number because the actual version is released, and yes it is for sale in the store.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Rickenbacker_325Rickenbacker_325 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've already payed $149.96 for the beta, do I have to pay the "normal" price additionaly?

edited December 1969

I've already payed $149.96 for the beta, do I have to pay the "normal" price additionaly?

The beta was free to those that owned Carrara 8 Pro for testing and evaluation. Carrara 8.5 is, and was always going to be a paid upgrade. DAZ made this known fairly early. The mystery at the time was the final release date and the cost of the upgrade. My guess is that you paid for Carrara 8 Pro and were given access to the 8.5 beta.

My advice would be to first check your order history in your account, and if it is still unclear, contact customer support to see what they have a record of.

• I just upgraded to a new win 10 faster PC and used PC mover to transfer to the new. All worked with password intact except Carrara 8.5 pro 64 bit, Program transfered but now wants password. I can't find where to give to the program and the trial is ticking down. I have the PW. What do I do with it?

Storyvent said:

I just upgraded to a new win 10 faster PC and used PC mover to transfer to the new. All worked with password intact except Carrara 8.5 pro 64 bit, Program transfered but now wants password. I can't find where to give to the program and the trial is ticking down. I have the PW. What do I do with it?

Your personal designated serial number/key for your purchase should be in the Serial Numbers section under Your Account.

smiley SIleneUK

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    Storyvent said:

I just upgraded to a new win 10 faster PC and used PC mover to transfer to the new. All worked with password intact except Carrara 8.5 pro 64 bit, Program transfered but now wants password. I can't find where to give to the program and the trial is ticking down. I have the PW. What do I do with it?

Enter it here: