The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609

I am trying to install Studio but having difficulties.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I am trying to install Studio but having difficulties.

I find it works better if you install to a computer rather than laundry room hookup.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...you mean it won't work on a Smart Fridge that has a vidsceen?

Bugger, and here I thought I could save time going up and down the stairs for snacks and drinks while working.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    Wake up.
    Tjohn said:
    Wake up.

why?   Oooh this keyboard works on my computer.  Wow! So does the touch pad mouse.  Amazing!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Tjohn said:
    Wake up.

I'm awake, I'm awake!   surprise 

Dana

I need change for a twenty, but I do not know how to get one on the train.

Waiting for default resources to download and install so I can test out Genesis 8?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,137
    edited June 2017

Non-complaint: One of the advantages of getting older and experiencing moderate forgetfulness is being able to rediscover the beauty of incredible music.

Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony:  I know I've played the CD many times before, but today I took the time to actually "listen" to it again.  Send chills up my spine, melt my heart, lead me through a garden beautiful, drift lazily down a quiet river, memories, excitement and a feeling of completion at the end.smiley  The man was a genius.  What makes great music great is that it is designed, and constructed to build, evolve and evoke without getting boringly repetative* (with perhaps the exception of Ravel's "Bolero" which is in a class all it's own.)

Comments below are mine 

Rachmaninoff: "Symphony #2" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvuitFzDxDg  Trip through a dark forest, some pleasant meadows, grand vistas.

2nd movement @ 21:19  A joyful adventure ending in anticipitory trepidation.

3rd movement @ 31:57 Pleasant memories, drifting on water, night.

4th movement @ 47:11 A new day's traveling is easy but echoes of the 1st movement's darkness and unseen danger lurks on the side.  But relief when you finally arrive at the great city.

Hoping someday to hear it in concert.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited June 2017
    Nm.
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited June 2017

Complaint:  I trapped a mouse.  Didn't discover it until it began to smell. Yuk!!!  Tossed the whole trap and body into the kitchen trash can.  Unfortunately, it was right after I'd taken the trash to the collection site and they won't be open again for 72 hours.  It's now been 24 of those hours and the mouse has reached an exceedingly ripe stage! sad.  I've double bagged it in plastic trashcan liners but apparently the odor molecules are smaller than the space between molecules of the plastic. frown  I can't put it outside because I don't have a metal outside container and some critter would tear the bag open and scatter it over the neighborhood.  I don't want to put it in the trunk of the car because I would look suspicious driving while wearing my gas mask. devil  I'm tempted to sneak it into a commercial trash container somewhere in town but we only have one and it's in a 24/7 lighted area.  I guess I could tear open the bag, find the mouse and drop him into an empty glass pickle jar but I don't think I can hold my breath that long (I really don't have a gas mask...anymore) and I'd have to do it outside and it's been raining cats & dogs all day.  What to do, what to do? indecision

Next time it's the pickle jar straight away! enlightened

This situation brings to mind the smell a few years ago when the old meat market in town lay empty for a year and when they went into the basement and opened the big walk in freezer that had been powerless for all that time they found it full of rotten meat.  After that the entire west end of town smelled rancid because some unlucky minimum wage guy just started emptying out that freezer and piling the oozing packages in a dumpster which didn't get emptied for three weeks. surprise  How the owners got away with that I'll never know. frown  Life in small towns is not all picket fences and posies. indecision  Not suprisingly, that old meat market building, though now refurbished inside, still hasn't sold.  Go figure!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2017

frothing milk for my cuppa jo'  not the same as steamed milk, but still feels special

deciding what movie to watch with my eyes closed, lol.   eyes so fatigued

peas and carrots imo not all that magical together, dunno why they sell em in mixed 

15gb game d/l to xbox1 took like 20 hours, thats with optimum boost 

Post edited by Mistara on

page 97!

nighty night sleepy time 

About that mouse. A spritz of Lysol can work wonders.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

Complaint:  I trapped a mouse.  Didn't discover it until it began to smell. Yuk!!!  Tossed the whole trap and body into the kitchen trash can.  Unfortunately, it was right after I'd taken the trash to the collection site and they won't be open again for 72 hours.  It's now been 24 of those hours and the mouse has reached an exceedingly ripe stage! sad.  I've double bagged it in plastic trashcan liners but apparently the odor molecules are smaller than the space between molecules of the plastic. frown  I can't put it outside because I don't have a metal outside container and some critter would tear the bag open and scatter it over the neighborhood.  I don't want to put it in the trunk of the car because I would look suspicious driving while wearing my gas mask. devil  I'm tempted to sneak it into a commercial trash container somewhere in town but we only have one and it's in a 24/7 lighted area.  I guess I could tear open the bag, find the mouse and drop him into an empty glass pickle jar but I don't think I can hold my breath that long (I really don't have a gas mask...anymore) and I'd have to do it outside and it's been raining cats & dogs all day.  What to do, what to do? indecision

This situation brings to mind the smell a few years ago when the old meat market in town lay empty for a year and when they went into the basement and opened the big walk in freezer that had been powerless for all that time they found it full of rotten meat.  After that the entire west end of town smelled rancid because some unlucky minimum wage guy just started emptying out that freezer and piling the oozing packages in a dumpster which didn't get emptied for three weeks. surprise  How the owners got away with that I'll never know. frown  Life in small towns is not all picket fences and posies. indecision  Not suprisingly, that old meat market building, though now refurbished inside, still hasn't sold.  Go figure!

Whenever I find a dead mouse or bird outside I get a freezer zip bag to put it in.  The odor doesn't escape those.  Just be sure it's like the Glad type.  I don't think those with the zipper the slides along are completely airtight.  And the Freezer bags are tougher.

Dana

Page 2? I don't think so.

turn the page? smiley 

thunderstorm on the way, shoulss sit outside naos before the chance is rained out

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

When I catch a mouse, since I live in an apartment, there are two options;

1- Flush.  Of course, since the mice are small and won't trip a regular snap-style trap, I have to use the live-capture ones, and mice are EXCELLENT swimmers, they don't always go down on the first swirl.  I'm stuck standing there with the toilet brush to smack them if they manage to get a foothold on the porcelain bowl and try to get out.  They never manage to resist the second swirl.

2- Drop them off my 4th floor balcony.  One bounce, a few twitches, and it's over.  The day/night cleaning crew (racoons, cats, skunks) take care of it.

Just throw it outside.  One of the neighborhood cleaning crew will thank you for the easy meal.

• Complaint:  I trapped a mouse.  Didn't discover it until it began to smell. Yuk!!!  Tossed the whole trap and body into the kitchen trash can.  Unfortunately, it was right after I'd taken the trash to the collection site and they won't be open again for 72 hours.  It's now been 24 of those hours and the mouse has reached an exceedingly ripe stage! sad.  I've double bagged it in plastic trashcan liners but apparently the odor molecules are smaller than the space between molecules of the plastic. frown  I can't put it outside because I don't have a metal outside container and some critter would tear the bag open and scatter it over the neighborhood.  I don't want to put it in the trunk of the car because I would look suspicious driving while wearing my gas mask. devil  I'm tempted to sneak it into a commercial trash container somewhere in town but we only have one and it's in a 24/7 lighted area.  I guess I could tear open the bag, find the mouse and drop him into an empty glass pickle jar but I don't think I can hold my breath that long (I really don't have a gas mask...anymore) and I'd have to do it outside and it's been raining cats & dogs all day.  What to do, what to do? indecision

I'd say my sympathies on the recently deceased mouse, except I've discovered one of the little "stinkers" myself... sad (where is the "wanting to barf" emoticon?)

bwahhh

edited June 2017

The continuing tail of the mouse...  Mice often come in pairs (or families) so I put out a new trap from the package and today opened the cabinet doors under the sink and it wasn't there.  WTF!!!  A flashlight revealed that the trap had been sprung and had leaped onto a mouse glue trap that I had forgotten was under there.  No evidence of a mouse though.  I think the trap had just sprung by itself and landed squarely into the glue trap necessitating the discarding of both. frown  I don't know what type of glue that is in the mouse glue trap but I found out you don't want to touch it to see if it's still tacky.  In the last 3 months I've caught three mice in spring traps but somehow the mice knew not to step in the glue trap that was located just six inches away.  Since the mice carefully avoided the glue traps they may be smarter than I am.   I won't buy any more glue traps.  But I now have to go to the store to buy more spring traps. 

• The continuing tail of the mouse...  Mice often come in pairs (or families) so I put out a new trap from the package and today opened the cabinet doors under the sink and it wasn't there.  WTF!!!  A flashlight revealed that the trap had been sprung and had leaped onto a mouse glue trap that I had forgotten was under there.  No evidence of a mouse though.  I think the trap had just sprung by itself and landed squarely into the glue trap necessitating the discarding of both. frown  I don't know what type of glue that is in the mouse glue trap but I found out you don't want to touch it to see if it's still tacky.  In the last 3 months I've caught three mice in spring traps but somehow the mice knew not to step in the glue trap that was located just six inches away.  Since the mice carefully avoided the glue traps they may be smarter than I am.   I won't buy any more glue traps.  But I now have to go to the store to buy more spring traps. 

Well, if the bait was gone (quite likely) there is your answer; the mouse got a leg caught in the spring trap and dragged it over to the other trap, which gave it an unintended assist in escaping the spring trap. I caught one and made the mistake of picking upt the trap and the blasted mouse gave a squeak of thanks as it ran away.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633

Woooo. Severe tornado warning, with an unspecified expirey time. It's raining like a mo-fo, the sky is black and the wind is ripping! Glad I have a basement, if I need to take shelter. And it'll be fun and exciting to wrangle three cats down there with me.

• Woooo. Severe tornado warning, with an unspecified expirey time. It's raining like a mo-fo, the sky is black and the wind is ripping! Glad I have a basement, if I need to take shelter. And it'll be fun and exciting to wrangle three cats down there with me.

I hope you have a good pump to keep the water out; the one at work was fighting a loosing battle last night and I got to the shop to find a parking lot full of water. Had to be careful not to ding the owner's shiney Jaguar when I stopped to find out what the plan was, because I wasn't gonna stay on the road.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

The continuing tail of the mouse...  Mice often come in pairs (or families) so I put out a new trap from the package and today opened the cabinet doors under the sink and it wasn't there.  WTF!!!  A flashlight revealed that the trap had been sprung and had leaped onto a mouse glue trap that I had forgotten was under there.  No evidence of a mouse though.  I think the trap had just sprung by itself and landed squarely into the glue trap necessitating the discarding of both. frown  I don't know what type of glue that is in the mouse glue trap but I found out you don't want to touch it to see if it's still tacky.  In the last 3 months I've caught three mice in spring traps but somehow the mice knew not to step in the glue trap that was located just six inches away.  Since the mice carefully avoided the glue traps they may be smarter than I am.   I won't buy any more glue traps.  But I now have to go to the store to buy more spring traps. 

I've dealt with mice a lot in my place.  I highly recommend using peanut butter (best bait I've found to date).  Put a nice glob of it in the centre of the sticky trap so they have to walk on it (from any direction) to get to it.  I also find peanut butter to work well in the snap style and live capture.  I even got 2 mice at once in a snap one by using peanut butter (I use the snap type that are like a clothes pin, not the flat with the bar that swings type)!  They were small enough that one wouldn't press the lever down enough, so I would put the peanut butter on the top of the trap, a little inside, and they have to prop themselves up on the lever, pressing down on it to raise themselves up to get to the bait.  BOOM!

I won't use the sticky ones.  I did once and the terrified squeaks of the little guy when he got stuck was heartbreaking... and how do you kill it once stuck?!?  Nope... no sticky for me.

• The continuing tail of the mouse...  Mice often come in pairs (or families) so I put out a new trap from the package and today opened the cabinet doors under the sink and it wasn't there.  WTF!!!  A flashlight revealed that the trap had been sprung and had leaped onto a mouse glue trap that I had forgotten was under there.  No evidence of a mouse though.  I think the trap had just sprung by itself and landed squarely into the glue trap necessitating the discarding of both. frown  I don't know what type of glue that is in the mouse glue trap but I found out you don't want to touch it to see if it's still tacky.  In the last 3 months I've caught three mice in spring traps but somehow the mice knew not to step in the glue trap that was located just six inches away.  Since the mice carefully avoided the glue traps they may be smarter than I am.   I won't buy any more glue traps.  But I now have to go to the store to buy more spring traps. 

Well, if the bait was gone (quite likely) there is your answer; the mouse got a leg caught in the spring trap and dragged it over to the other trap, which gave it an unintended assist in escaping the spring trap. I caught one and made the mistake of picking upt the trap and the blasted mouse gave a squeak of thanks as it ran away.

We lost seveal traps in the loft, carried away by the "trapped" mice, before we learned to anchor them with a piece of string. I'm not convinced by the cockroaches will outlive everything argument - I think the mice will be in there too, probably using the roaches as mounts..

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633

Woooo. Severe tornado warning, with an unspecified expirey time. It's raining like a mo-fo, the sky is black and the wind is ripping! Glad I have a basement, if I need to take shelter. And it'll be fun and exciting to wrangle three cats down there with me.

I hope you have a good pump to keep the water out; the one at work was fighting a loosing battle last night and I got to the shop to find a parking lot full of water. Had to be careful not to ding the owner's shiney Jaguar when I stopped to find out what the plan was, because I wasn't gonna stay on the road.

Unfortunately no, and the basement does tend to flood in certain areas when it rains hard. All we can really do is put a big fan down there to dry it out. 

• We lost seveal traps in the loft, carried away by the "trapped" mice, before we learned to anchor them with a piece of string. I'm not convinced by the cockroaches will outlive everything argument - I think the mice will be in there too, probably using the roaches as mounts..

Yes, the little thieves are quite brilliant, unless faced by a strategically placed peanut butter trap.

What is the best way to capture a rodent in the house so one can photograph it for use to texturize the metamorphic rodent?

And add to that not look crazy at Walmart or other store?

"I hate Meeces to pieces!" - Mr. Jinx
    edited June 2017

I use peanut butter as bait.  Hard to tell if it was nibbled on.  It was still fresh and gooey and just sort of smeared all around during the flip onto the glue trap. frown 

I never had trouble with mice here (been here 8 years) untl the new neighbors moved into the other side of the house last fall.  I believe they keep a month or two of garbage in the basement in bags until they get yelled at by the landlord (his stepfather) and has to get a friend's truck to haul it away.  Me? I take my kitchen bag to the collection point twice a week.  I hate garbage laying around ripening. angry

This discussion has been closed.