Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited June 2017

Here is a V8 in the Boho shorts outfit with the ponytail hair.

V8 Boho Shorts Blonde Ponytail Portrait.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

She looks so real except for that hairline. I'm not liking the way that fits on her forehead.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2017

Here's Honey For Genesis 8 Female(s) by @RawArt   And I posted a thread in Commons because the fingernail materials (NOT SHADERS) won't apply when I have Honey selected in the scene. I had to go to Surfaces and select the zones and do it that way. Anyone else that has Honey, can you see if you click Honey in Scene tab, if you can get the nails to apply? They don't work for me. 

With Honey, you can bend and twist the antenna, or have it straight up. Quite fun. Various materials too.

Hair:  Vertigo Ponytail for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Outfit: Andromeda Sci-Fi Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Post edited by Novica on
  • cismiccismic Posts: 629

Here is a quick render of Victoria 8.

Essentially kept all at default for skin tones.

victoria 8 Quick Render.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 608K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

For anyone who has not done the upgrade make very very sure that DS is not open or running in the background.  My upgrade has gone horribly wrong and uninstally and reinstalling is not working.  Its unusable as it is. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked.  I figured well, I would upload the beta and use it until we figure out how to fix it but I can't seem to be able to do that either.  Its showing in my library but does not show up in DIM.  Might be because I have it loaded on my laptop.

barbult said:

Here is a V8 in the Boho shorts outfit with the ponytail hair.

Very nice. I'm not getting these "masculine" comments on other threads. She is definitely NOT masculine. 

I think she is my favorite victoria to date. Barbult's render is lovely, and just shows how realistic this figure is. I love the figure's natural fluid posing, and beautiful smile. I love that her eyes are longer and not big round things.  I just wish that hair was less thin int he front. But even so, she is lovely.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I'm catching up on almost 200 unread posts in this thread and find this surprise: 

Novica said:

@Isidorn has a good gallery image for the DA Iray Fabric Shaders Leather and Cloth- if you are looking for camoflage/flauge, however you want to spell it is correct, this has it.

Edit, here's a different user showing the camo.

I do? Both links go to the product page, so now I'm curious what I've rendered. But I'm flattered to be mentioned!

Now to continue with the catching up. Only 4 more pages to go!

And I'm all caught up! The last few pages made me finally decide to take my cart filled with V8 stuff through check out. I too, do not wish to talk about how much I've spent on DAZ lately...

edited June 2017

@isidorn   I fixed it. Goes to this image.

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

@isidorn   I fixed it. Goes to this image.

Ah, that one. Thanks! Yes, the fabric shaders was used on the scarf there, as even though they come with lots of materials, didn't have the look I wanted. Have to love shaders :)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited June 2017

Novica, sorry to hear about everything you and family have been through. :( I hope your mother and your son are doing better now. I'm glad to here that your son came through surgery okay.

Quick tip for Genesis 8 users: the last Daz dynamic freebies Martin created were a series of fashionable women's coats that required you to run an animated drape from a starting A-pose on the figure. It's not a perfect match for the default G8F position, but all you have to do is lower her arms slightly with the "raise/lower both arms" pose dial so that they fit inside the sleeves, skim your timeline forward about 15 frames, set the G8 pose you want, skim back to starting frame of timeline, set collision in the dynamic clothing control tab, and run an animated drape. Most of these coats are here, but I think there's one on the previous page as well: http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload16.php

Post edited by Odaa on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    edited June 2017

I know many of you like her, but I just don't find V8 atttactive...  Some of my problems with her are: eyebrows too close together, too dark and thick, unattractive face, shoulders too thin for body, arms look weird, waist too wide, almost as wide as hips, boobs too small, she looks about 40. All this is fine for an ancillary character but I think, of all characters, Victoria should be the ideal woman, gorgeous, like V7. I have zero interest in this character, and I'm sure she'll end up free eventually anyway.

II am interested in experimenting  with plain G8 and morphs and expressions but will wait for PAs to create better morphs for G8 for the gene pool and will enjoy  creating my own. I do kind of like her cat eyes, but that's about it... Hate her nose... I think she does look kind of masculine with her wider waist, thicker wrists and less feminine features too. I don't see myself investing much in G8 except for morphs and expressions and maybe one or two exceptional PA morphs later, maybe Freja, one of my favorites.,. Or maybe get merchant resource morphs for her eventually, but the truth is, I already have sooo many characters in all generations and haven't used at least 70!% of them yet. So I have plenty of time to wait for V8/G8 products to go on massive sales. I do have to admit I'm a bit excited to see how G8 morphs work, but that's about it...

We all have our different opinions, but these are just mine...

IMG_4031.PNG
    1500 x 1950 - 3M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited June 2017

Have you seen the free G3F to G8F pose converter from DavidGB? It works very well so far.

edited June 2017

I know many of you like her, but I just don't find V8 atttactive...  Some of my problems with her are: eyebrows too close together, too dark and thick, unattractive face, shoulders too thin for body, arms look weird, waist too wide, almost as wide as hips, boobs too small, she looks about 40. All this is fine for an ancillary character but I think, of all characters, Victoria should be the ideal woman, gorgeous, like V7. I have zero interest in this character, and I'm sure she'll end up free eventually anyway.

II am interested in experimenting  with plain G8 and morphs and expressions but will wait for PAs to create better morphs for G8 for the gene pool and will enjoy  creating my own. I do kind of like her cat eyes, but that's about it... Hate her nose... I think she does look kind of masculine with her wider waist, thicker wrists and less feminine features too. I don't see myself investing much in G8 except for morphs and expressions and maybe one or two exceptional PA morphs later, maybe Freja, one of my favorites.,. Or maybe get merchant resource morphs for her eventually, but the truth is, I already have sooo many characters in all generations and haven't used at least 70!% of them yet. So I have plenty of time to wait for V8/G8 products to go on massive sales. I do have to admit I'm a bit excited to see how G8 morphs work, but that's about it...

We sure do have different opinions! laughAs I recall, you really liked Genevieve, and I hate her. At least we each have something we like!

Winning number is 72.

Gotta head out the door, dentist appt- will send gift card later. Winner is Barbult!!!  Congrats gal!

@melanieL   It's a good analysis, I usually use characters and not the main gal, so they tend to be changed up quite a bit. I tend to be nit picky on eyebrows being ultra thin, while other people love it, so at least we all get a variety. smiley

Novica said:

Gotta head out the door, dentist appt- will send gift card later. Winner is Barbult!!!  Congrats gal!

My lucky day! Thanks.smileyheart

edited June 2017
    barbult said:

We sure do have different opinions! laughAs I recall, you really liked Genevieve, and I hate her. At least we each have something we like!

I liked the morph, NOT the skin! Here is Genevieve with one of Freja's skins. And I do like adding a bit of the Genevieve morph to other characters. But she was meant as an additional alternative character, not the MAIN classic Victoria...  And when I have shown the image below to people, I have been told that it looks kind of like me, so maybe there's a little ego involved LOL! 

Also I like big irises and often increase the size of irises, which I know is different from a lot of you. To each his/her own,..

And @Novica, just catching up here. So sorry to hear about your son! Glad it looks like he will be OK! Wishing you all the best! laughheart

IMG_0364.JPG
    755 x 1008 - 259K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

Here's one for those that haven't taken the plunge and bought V8 yet. This is Anneka's skin and some of her morphs on G8F. The freebie pose converter works perfectly. I'm totally loving the better expressions and posing abilities in G8. The facial rig really makes the characters some alive. We can finally open their mouths more and show more emotion. So tired of stoic characters. Time for more dynamic expressions, poses, and of course (we hope some day) clothing!) 

G8-Anneka4.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 292K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135
    edited June 2017

I'm still trying to decide how far into Gen8 I want to get (if Michael 8 had been first - not something that ever happens - I'd have bitten their hands off) but I upgraded my DS version and installed the Starter Essentials to see how I got on. One thing I am loving is the Power Pose thing - especially the facial pose capability. If only they had a template for Genesis 3 - I find those multiple face bones very tricky to use. It's so much easier with Gen8, here's my first dabble with (slightly goofy) expression-making. G8F out of the box with the free Toulouse Hair and Basic clothing.  Lighting is J. Cade's Painter's Lights.

Tomorrow (it's quite late here already) I plan to try a few clothing and hair fits, using G3F skins and maybe trying some morph moves over (there are a couple of tutorials going the rounds).

PS: @Llynara - very successful render with the Anneka skin, I love it!

G3F-Exp-01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 348K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

How are people getting the morphs and expressions for around $6.00? Mine are $9.78 each...

Where is Power pose?  I can't find it.

How are people getting the morphs and expressions for around $6.00? Mine are $9.78 each...

People are getting discounts based on how many previous Victoria Pro packs they have purchased. I got 10% off for having one.

It's the Windows>Tab/Panes. With V8, not just Genesis 8, you get a stunning amount of dots to move around. The expressions are phenomenal. You can make a tiny smirk, a medium smirk, arch the eyebrow at the end and raise it in the middle, the list goes on. Fantastic!!!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135
    edited June 2017

People who bought the V5 Pro Bundle, V6 Pro Bundle, V7 Pro Bundle get a percentage off for each of those that they bought, max 30% which brings the price for a PC+ Member down to 6.84.

It's a Tab of its own - accessible from the main menu via "Window - Panes (Tabs) - PowerPose".

EEK - too slow again! (That's what happens when I have several tabs open - still reading the others while people have already replied to this one)

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited June 2017

This whole thing sucks. I have the whole V5 Pro pack and everything except one thing in the V6 and V7 pro packs because I bought everything separately and I get no discounts... I just wanted the G8 morph and expression packs, but get no special discount on that and you need V8 which I hate to get the extra face morphs.    I feel like I did when I left Daz for several years when Genesis came out and they stopped supporting Poser, left out of the loop...

I think I'm going to send in a support ticket. I've spent too much money here and if they don't think I deserve a discount, I'm done here.

edited June 2017

This whole thing sucks. I have the whole V5 Pro pack and everything except one thing in the V6 and V7 pro packs because I bought everything separately and I get no discounts...

I think I'm going to send in a support ticket. I've spent too much money here and if they don't think I deserve a discount, I'm done here.

@wonder land To be fair (and increase your chances) ask if you can buy that one thing so you have the complete packs, and I would be surprised if they said no. 

Post edited by Novica on

I own the entire v6 content suite. But bought items individually. I did not get a discount. But they added the v6 folder to my account now after buying Victoria 8. Kind of odd but buying the bundle does count for something in daz's eyes. I guess that is the only way for them to gauge whether you bought al the required items

Interesting- I have a new release from today in the cart (that pose thing that changes up poses looks like fun) if you go to Midnight Stories store, the wings are Gen3 and Gen2 so you end up getting 71% off. Take a peek at the Cyber Wings (5.74) and Arcadia Wings at 5.75   The texture packs are 52%. (Frankly, just use shaders.) 

This discussion has been closed.