Love the artist promo

NakiloeNakiloe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all!

I have a little problem with the new "Love the artist" promo :
http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions

I'd like to know if you read the offer like I do. It says "buy any 4items and save 50%". I was believing that you could mix items from the different artists, 4 of any one, and you would save 50%. Obviously, it doesn't work like that (or I wouldn't be posting ;) )

If I put 2 Stonemason items and 2 Daz Originals in my cart, I only get the 30% saving from Stonemason items. Daz O are not counted (they are already at 30% as I'm a PC member)

Any idea about it?

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Items you get discounted as a result of being a Premium member afaik don't stack with other offers. This goes double for any PC items at $1.99.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Items you get discounted as a result of being a Premium member afaik don't stack with other offers.

Is this true? The PC discount used to stack with others, but it's been a while.

I tried with two DAZ Originals and didn't get a discount. I guess they forgot to mention the usual "newer than 60 days" exception.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Items you get discounted as a result of being a Premium member afaik don't stack with other offers. This goes double for any PC items at $1.99.

It doesn't? Huh. One less reason for me to consider getting it, then.:down:

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Not working for me either ... I picked 1 item each from 4 of the vendors.... zero discount... but they were all fairly new so I think you have to find older items even though it doesn't state that. I will wait till later and see if they fix it or at least be clearer about the offer.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Items you get discounted as a result of being a Premium member afaik don’t stack with other offers. This goes double for any PC items at $1.99.

I have no idea about the question by the OP, but, if you are a PC Member, and a DAZ Original item is at an itroductory price of 30% off, you DEFINITELY get the PC 30% discount AS WELL. Not added together (60%), but taken off one after the other which is the normal way in any business dealings.

PC items are already at full discount for PC members and cost $1.99 each, no matter what the base price was. You do not get another 30% off them as well, and never did at any time.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

The honeycomb design and the fact that the first word on the page is "combine" certainly would imply that this is a mix 'n' match promotion. Maybe this is another example of Daz's traditional smart-looking-but-ambiguously-worded promo? :)

Hopefully someone representing Daz will clarify before the weekend.

• NakiloeNakiloe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    I guess they forgot to mention the usual "newer than 60 days" exception.

I've double checked both email and webpage, and it's not mentioned at all. I don't think it's very legal to apply promo limits without mentioning them (at least it's illegal in France, I don't how how it's done in USA)

Well, let's keep fingers crossed and wait for an official word... :(

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am quite certain that the 60 day rule applies to this as well, although it is not stated on the email I got.

I have never seen a sale with PA items that did not inlcude this rule. I put 2 stonemason items, and 2 DAZ Original itmes in my cart, and I got the 50% discount. It has nothing at all to do with the PC 30% discount which would apply anyway, but only on the DAZ Originals part of the order.

This 60 day rule is usually shown on the promo page, but in this case it has been missed out I think, but we will have to wait and see.

edited December 1969

Great... If it's the problem, I'd really like to have a way to know the product "age" >:(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

It does look as if the problem is either items already on sale or the 60 day cut off - I put one item from each vendor, otherwise non-discounted, in my cart and got the 50% when I went to my full cart view.

edited December 1969

My cart :
    Planet Alpine http://www.daz3d.com/planet-alpine
    Utopia Labs http://www.daz3d.com/utopia-labs
    Adventure Hero http://www.daz3d.com/adventure-hero
    Adventure Hero Textures http://www.daz3d.com/adventure-hero-textures

Adventure Hero items don't seem to be already on sale. Only PC 30% are applied :/

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Nakiloe said:
    Hi all!

I'd like to know if you read the offer like I do. It says "buy any 4items and save 50%". I was believing that you could mix items from the different artists, 4 of any one, and you would save 50%. Obviously, it doesn't work like that (or I wouldn't be posting ;) )

If I put 2 Stonemason items and 2 Daz Originals in my cart, I only get the 30% saving from Stonemason items. Daz O are not counted (they are already at 30% as I'm a PC member)

Any idea about it?

It's 5am and it's working, at least for me (and it seems like a few other posters throughout other threads.) I mixed and matched and got 50%

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Here's a tip.. If you're only interested in 1 or 2 of the eligible PA or DO items, put the older FREE items from 3D Universe, Daz & Dzfire (eg.Emotiguy) and they count towards the 4 to get 50% off! Just did it myself to re-purchase Daz Horse 2 Pro bundle for just a little over $20 (yes, the current promo discounts stack together & the 50% of for This promo is calculated last at the shopping cart.
    So any DO's currently at 65% off for PC members are halved at checkout on the already discounted price

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Wow, KJA79A, they are going to have to fix that loophole aren't they! Thanks for the tip though. Finally bringing the horse home.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Yes... yes we are. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, KJA79A, they are going to have to fix that loophole aren't they! Thanks for the tip though. Finally bringing the horse home.
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Just tested it again and it works for me. Remember it excludes items released in the last 60 days. When I was checking I accidentally put one in that was about 1 month old. When I had a DAZ O, 2 stonemason and one Pretty 3d It worked great.

Nakiloe said:
    Hi all!

Any idea about it?

edited December 1969

Then, HOW do we know it's newer than 60 days???

• spannahspannah Posts: 38
    edited February 2013

@Nakiloe: Look up the SKU in the product page and then then look up the product readme in the Documentation Center here:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start

The readme seems to have the original release date

Would be cool if the readme was linked from the product page ;-)

Post edited by spannah on
  • madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

spannah said:
    @Nakiloe: Look up the SKU in the product page and then then look up the product readme in the Documentation Center here:

Another reason that I continue to be frustrated and mystified at the way sales and promotions are handled here. Since the 60 day thing seems to be so common, it really needs to be perfectly clear to the customer whether or not a product will be eligible as part of the sale. Is it 60 calendar days? 60 'working' days? Ugh.

Under these conditions, for example, I might want to buy a product today, but it won't be eligible until Sunday, with no way for me to know. Or maybe it is 60 'working' days...who knows!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

I have three DAZ originals in my cart and one Stonemason. Why am I only getting a $6 discount?

wtf.JPG
    1220 x 695 - 65K
  • DAZ_Steve_2154153DAZ_Steve_2154153 Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Nakiloe said:
    My cart :
    Planet Alpine http://www.daz3d.com/planet-alpine
    Utopia Labs http://www.daz3d.com/utopia-labs
    Adventure Hero http://www.daz3d.com/adventure-hero
    Adventure Hero Textures http://www.daz3d.com/adventure-hero-textures

Adventure Hero items don't seem to be already on sale. Only PC 30% are applied :/

Looks like adventure hero came out on December 24th.

• DAZ_Steve_2154153DAZ_Steve_2154153 Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    I have three DAZ originals in my cart and one Stonemason. Why am I only getting a $6 discount?

Looks like Utopia labs came out Dec 21st.

edited December 1969

@me : Utopia labs got the discount in my cart :P

@spannah : Thanks for the readme tip ^^

@MadisonXF : I wholeheartedly agree :(

edited February 2013

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Remember it excludes items released in the last 60 days]

Oh yes I forgot this one... Why should we remember something that has never been said nor in email nor in promo web page?

edit : sorry, it has been added on pictures since this morning >:(

Post edited by Nakiloe on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

Nakiloe said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Oh yes I forgot this one... Why should we remember something that has never been said nor in email nor in promo web page?

It should be a given at this point. Every sale excludes new releases from the last 60 days.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited February 2013

spannah said:

It would be even cooler if the release date was posted on the product pagee.

or page even.

Post edited by Spit on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited February 2013

Frank0314 said:
    It should be a given at this point. Every sale excludes new releases from the last 60 days.

For regular shoppers, yes, I agree - this is common knowledge. I assume a 60 day rule with every promo offer, and don't really care (for myself) that the sale doesn't specify it.

But for those who only come onto DAZ when (for example) there's a way to get Stonemason products at 50% off, they'd only come here once, twice a year. For these people, the terms and conditions should be front and centre every time... or the frustration will continue.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Nakiloe said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

So how, exactly, do people know what has been released in the past 60 days?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited February 2013

And that is a problem I'm hoping they fix sooner rather than later. You don't really know. To be honest we've never known even on the old site. You have to do it by trial and error. But, it is shows in the New Release category then it isn't 60 days old. As a PA I'd like to see the date of my own released pack so I can have some kind of record of when I release what. I feel you those who can't figure out what is what. 95% of the time DAZ puts in the newsletter that the discount only applies to packs that are newer than 60 days.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    And that is a problem I'm hoping they fix sooner rather than later. You don't really know. To be honest we've never known even on the old site. You have to do it by trial and error. But, it is shows in the New Release category then it isn't 60 days old. As a PA I'd like to see the date of my own released pack so I can have some kind of record of when I release what. I feel you those who can't figure out what is what. 95% of the time DAZ puts in the newsletter that the discount only applies to packs that are newer than 60 days.

There are items in the store that are not 60 days old (ie. Young Teens 5 items) but DO NOT show in the New Releases section.

Most promos state "excludes items released within 60 days", however there have been some that say "excludes New Releases" instead (eg. Freak 5, Share the Love), but they go by the 60 day rule instead.

I don't have a problem with the 60 day rule... what I have a problem with is DAZ continually advertising these promos inconsistently and creating confusion and frustration amongst their members when things don't work the way they are advertised.