Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Looks like there are a couple different threads on missing content and missing libraries in the Software section of the forums under Daz Studio that are current

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited June 2017

I posted this render before but it shows Khory's Ceramics for Iray. I've also attached some new closeups of several of them. This set has a nice range of colors plus different types of ceramics (high shine, satin, matte, crackle, metallic, raku, and unglazed). A very versatile set of Iray shaders.

Ceramics for Iray vase 02.png
    960 x 1200 - 1M
    Ceramics for Iray vase 01.png
    960 x 1200 - 1M
    Ceramics for Iray urn 00.png
    960 x 1200 - 1M
    Ceramics for Iray urn 02.png
    960 x 1200 - 995K
    Ceramics for Iray glass 06.png
    960 x 1200 - 1003K
    Ceramics for Iray longneck vase.png
    960 x 1200 - 975K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

@RgCincy those are lovely and look so real. Nice work!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2017

Casual poses that could be used on the street: these are as they are labeled in the studio, may not be the correct titles. If they aren't listed by the pose name and are under a vendor, the vendor is listed. Just doing a few.  :)   The ** are the best sets to buy for the most "general" poses.

Fashion Model Poses: 02, 17

Dragonfly3d>
    Angelic Aiko 7    4, 6, 7
    Delicate Display   4, 7, 8, 14, 16
    Spritely Josie 7   16, 19

**Always A Lady   1, 5, 8, 9, 11, 18, 19, 20
    Amazon Queen for Olympia 7     1, 3, 6
    At The Pool>Relaxing Sit n Fun  10
    Bella Donna Poses   Standing   1, 2, 4, 9
    Blooming for Josie 7       5, 8, 14, 16, 19
    Capsces Classy Eva 7     Sit B    Sit C
    ** Capsces Poses Rune 7   Kneel A     Lean B, D      Sit  A, C, D, E, F, G, K       Stand A, D
    IN PROGRESS. GOing to shop before some of the deals possibly end.

Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Every day poses are always good. I'm so tired of wading through a bunch of sex kitten stuff trying to find a normal pose. I don't even know how half of them got into my runtime. LOL I don't need to render women sticking out their chests and waving their rear ends around. Or duckface stuff. I just want some believable poses! 

edited June 2017

Here's a render I did of one of Khory's products. It's the "Maiden Fair Dynamic Gown" for the Optitex plugin. It renders very well in Iray.

Regal.jpg
    1500 x 1433 - 429K
    Post edited by Llynara on

RGcincy said:

I posted this render before but it shows Khory's Ceramics for Iray. I've also attached some new closeups of several of them. This set has a nice range of colors plus different types of ceramics (high shine, satin, matte, crackle, metallic, raku, and unglazed). A very versatile set of Iray shaders.

Here's some of my previous from that. LOVE that product! The second one has the beads done in the ceramics. And I found another of RGcincys. (If you want to repost that one Rich, feel free.) 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2017

I think this is the only render I have of any Khory products. Iray had recently come out in the 4.8 beta, and I wanted to play with caustics. With CPU Only, I think I let this render for 3 days. Maybe longer.

Glass Gambit Chess Set

Glass Gambit Chess Set, by L'Adair

Everything was converted to Iray with the Iray Uber Base. I applied Iray shaders that came with the beta for the red, clear, and frosted glass, as well as gold and silver for the metal embellishments on the chess pieces.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I actually only have 7 of Khory's products, but on the other hand, I use her Scintillant Portrait Lights in just about every render I make. This is one lit with one of the presets from that product:

edited June 2017
    isidorn said:

I actually only have 7 of Khory's products, but on the other hand, I use her Scintillant Portrait Lights in just about every render I make. This is one lit with one of the presets from that product:

@isidorn  That is quite lovely!!!!
    @ladair   I love that chess set. Looks so real. And of course we all know which piece is my favorite. (got carrots?)

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love Khory's stuff. This is one of my favorites.  Decorator Kit Neutral Shaders - If you want to redo a room these are gorgeous. Of course, you don't have to limit yourself to a room or furniture.  One of my favorite things in this set is the candle shaders.  (I know, I'm weird lol)  I don't have a render handy at the moment but will add one to this post when I track it down.

@RgCincy those are lovely and look so real. Nice work!

Thanks! It's always amazing to me how a set of good shaders can transform an ordinary fictional object into something that looks real.

@Novica Those are good examples showing these shaders can be used in many ways. (Instead of reposting the image in the link, I'll do a closeup so the shaders are more featured.)

@ladair Beautiful chess set.

@isidorn Really nice lighting, creates a very mysterious mood 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited June 2017

Decorator Kit: Neutral Shader Presets for Iray

Here are several scenes I redecorated with Khory's shader product. The sets are Christmas Dinner, Simple Living - Living Room, and Cafe Luca.

Christmas Dinner Khory Shaders 3 Perfectly Clear.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Simple Libing Room Khory Redecorated.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Cafe Luca Khory Redecorated.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Ah, I remember these great pics! It's why I bought that set. Thanks, Barbult! 

edited June 2017

Here are several scenes I redecorated with Khory's shader product.

Very nice @barbult

Here's a render using another Khory product: Desolation Road: Poses for Genesis 3 Female and Male. I got them for doing prison, war, and refugee scenes. The setting is an older set called Prison Yard. The prisoners are wearing Prison Clothes for Genesis 2 Male(s) but are here applied to Genesis 3 males since that's what the poses were designed for. The lights are what come with the Prison Yard plus AoA ambient and spotlights. I did it in 3DL, as I wasn't sure how well the rain would play in Iray. 

Prison 2.png
    960 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited June 2017

Oh blast from the past- I'm way back in my thread of 2013 (wow, it's fun going back.) Here's one of Khory's products, rendered way-back-then in 3DL by SereneNight.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2017

Here's another one of Khory's products, Dynamic Dancer for V4 (Optitex). That's FW Chara from the Centaur 7 Female Pro pack and Audrey Hair from Ophelia 7 Pro.

Dynamic-Dancer3.jpg
    1000 x 1618 - 194K
    Post edited by Llynara on

@RGcincy   I love that concept. The variety of approaches by the men. I'd be the one leaning lazily against the door.  

@llynara   The flow of that back piece is so soothing, don't know how else to describe it. Flow is so elegant. 

Later tonight, I'm working on the pose post where I am putting some of the casual poses. Headed to the barn shortly, it's 5:30pm and it was hot today. Going to take Stetson some carrots and ride for about ten minutes. (love the bitless and bareback pad, two minutes to saddle up.)

RGcincy said:

Great render! I wasn't previously aware of these poses but I definitely will pick them up. There are a few good running ones in there that I'm always looking for.

Rich, that's a great scene. Between the rain, lighting and poses, you can really feel the emotion in it. Great job! 

edited June 2017

Didn't have a good morning this morning. Part of my son's right lung collapsed this morning, (about 50%) and he was hospitalized of course, and will probably have surgery this next week.Last time this happened was 4 years ago, it was the other lung and thank goodness, that one is staying attached to the chest wall. If you have tall, thin, caucasian boys, this is a condition that apparently affects some of them.  Don't ignore "achy" chests by thinking you just slept wrong. Lung collapses aren't necessarily sharp, stabbing pains in the beginning. I wanted to mention this in case it helps someone down the line. (And if you know a parent of a tall, thin, white teen, please tell them about this. It's pneumothorax. It's usually teens through twenties, but can happen later too.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Wow- I'm very sorry, Novica.  Please know I'll keep him in mind and hope for the best.

Wow- I'm very sorry, Novica.  Please know I'll keep him in mind and hope for the best.

Yeah, it's been one thing after another. Mom is still in specialized care after the fall two weeks ago, but she does physical therapy and is walking with a walker (was 15 steps last week, doubled this week.) She is still in too much pain, they did more Xrays yesterday, won't get results until Monday. Then today, my son. Fortunately both have great attitudes and positive attitudes. (they sure didn't get that from grumpy me.) 

I'm working on that pose list for a bit.

Sorry to hear about your son! that is terrible that something has happened like that agian. I hope he will be okay. =-)

Sorry to hear about your son Novica, especially having it strike twice. I never knew about that condition. Hope all goes well for him, your mom, and you this coming week.

Thanks Novica, Serene Night, and Llynara! I'm kind of drawn to darker, moody scenes. It helps that the pose set has these more emotional poses for inspiration.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Sorry to hear about your son too - your family has had terrible luck this year, I hope things get back to normal soon.

Prayers and hugs to you and yours. Novica! Hoping your son makes a speedy recovery, as well as your mom. Sounds like your docket is full lately! 

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    isidorn said:

So who's the cutieheart

I just read something over at "the other site"  and I'm curious about your opinion. They have the vendors answer the same questions, one of which stated  vendors know who buy their products, and how the vendors felt about that.  A vendor had a good point, that if someone contacts them for help, they can immediately tell whether it was a pirated product vs bought there. So, what's your opinion about people knowing you bought their products?

For me, I feel both ways. I don't mind if a vendor knows I support them, but on the other hand,  what I buy is my business. My issue though-  Is this stated somewhere, so buyers know this practice is going on? 

Second, in my first post of this thread, I put a link to SereneNight's tutorial on backing up your content. I'm still working on the first few posts, got sidetracked. (BTW, hubby just left the hospital to get my son a Wendy's hamburger- so he is feeling better! He was jello yesterday. He's on nausea meds so they're working!) If you have custom categories, and have made changes lately, or have a lot installed now- back up your studio. And do you have an extra copy of the studio?  A new version, when released, means the other one is taken out of Product Library. 

This discussion has been closed.