anyone here used mimic-live?

ToobisToobis Posts: 934

I just had a question before possibly purchasing this... can you animate your character WHILST having them speak? all the demo's I have seen are characters standing still during the demo, so say I wanted to have someone speaking whilst he is running or something, is this possible? thankyou.

Comments

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,614

I'm not sure how mimic live work (it's PC only and I'm on a Mac)  My process is:

--use the lip-sync plug in, being sure to type in the text of your statement phonetically.  This and the audio file generate a bunch of keyframes that control the mouth.  

--I may render an open GL animation of just the character face and import this and the audio file into an editing program to check that the lip-sync is working.

--Then this Daz Studio file can be saved as a preset...which is just saving that chunk of phoneme keyframes.

--Then you can import this into the main animation project file. Let's say your character is walking along. Put your cursor where you want him to start talking and then import that preset. This will paste those mouth-keyframes onto the character (be sure it is highlighted) at this point.

• SandyCSandyC Posts: 8
    Yes, Mimic Live is a great tool. I use a microphone to get the basics down, and then tweak the animation. You can animate your figure or even use aniblocks. Just keep the head values(TRSV) hidden so you don't erase any of your lip sync. For aniblocks,uncheck "head" in the parts list. Because there are no wave files to match with, you may have to fine tune it to your audio file a few words at a time to get a really good lip sync.(I have both Keyframe and Graph editor). I lip sync first and then animate with tools or aniblocks. I create characters that sing. It is great.